Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 6 year Estimated Total Cost

124...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    For me, that would be around 771.64€ which would be around $899.9
    And that would be with just the regular base game... So overall, I'd pay over $100 more than people from the US :''D
    Though I do already own all the packs (excluding My First Pet stuff which I'll probably never buy)
    Yeah I heard the international pricing was a lot more and so sorry about that. :( That is great you are enjoying so many of the packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2018
    But the cost is different if you subscribe to Origin Access Basic or Premier
    • Origin Access Basic for 10% off (but the annual membership is $25)...
    Full price: EP $36, GP $18, SP $9... For example, in 2018 you keep only $10 ($15 of loss due to the membership)
    Sales: EP $18, GP $13.5, SP $9... For example, in 2018 you keep only $7.5 ($17.5 of loss)
    • Origin Access Premier for 10% off and a 5-day early access (but the annual membership is $100)

10% off is interesting only if you spend more than $250 each year (The Sims 4 reached $160 in 2015)

In fact, these memberships aren't interesting with only The Sims 4, just they increases the global cost.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Very interesting. I wonder how this compares to Sims 3 (minus the Store - that was crazy expensive :D ) .

I don't pre-order any TS4 games, I wait for sales. I use to pre-order with TS3 to get the bonus content.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I have never felt buyers remorse before when it comes to the sims. I always bought every pack because build stuff lol. The sims 4 is both more expensive than previous games and has less content so this time I do feel buyers remorse. I stopped at C&D and won't be going on a sims shopping spree anytime soon because I rather save that money towards a future more capable game that is filled to the brim with passion, like it used to be.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have spent about 800 euros in total (that's about 912,93 US$) :grimace:
    I always buy every expansion, gamepack and stuffpack when it's released and I bought the digital deluxe edition when Sims 4 was released.
    Yeah, i don't have the patience to wait for sales. Thankfully I have a separate savings account in my bank, so technically it's not out of the money i need for living. :sweat_smile:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
    edited August 2018
    @Goodywood wrote: »
    Very interesting. I wonder how this compares to Sims 3 (minus the Store - that was crazy expensive :D ) .

The Sims 3 EP got a Limited Edition from EP05 Pets to EP11 Into The Future.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats: $24.99
    SP: $19.99
    EP: $34.99
    EP LE: $39.99

$59.99 + $24.99 + 8 x $19.99 + 4 x $34.99 + 7 x $39.99 = $664.79
    edited December 2018
    Origin Code !!!

With the SAVE30 code, Build-A-Bundle is only $35 instead of $50.

That also means the Stuff Packs can get 30% off.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I once bought nearly every sims 3 game in england, because it was like 5-7 pounds each game. (besides future and island paradise? dunno the names but they werent released yet)
    I never saw sims games so cheap, I would have payed 20–40 euros each game in my local game store. and you know sometimes when you get a new currency you spend it like monopoly money. anyways, I dont regret it!

Recently I just got aware on how much I just already spent on sims 4. Nowadays I download my games only if I have the code. I would highly recomend this! I got Get Famous 13 euros cheaper than the original price — at release date!
    Many sites offer great deals. gotta keep searching for the best
    edited December 2018
    @Scobre wrote: »
    Then $400 if you purchase all packs during the sales 50% Off :p

I'm waiting for The Sims 5, I will get all TS4 packs at a lower price thanks to the collection/bundle with 50% off.
    LOL if only it worked that way. SPs and GPs aren't 50% off usually.

Holiday Sale, Stuff Packs are at $5.99 (40% off)

Just imagine if you used all the discounts

Basegame $9.99
    Digital Deluxe Upgrade $7.49
    6 x Build-A-Bundle $34.98 ( SAVE30 discount)
    8 x Stuff Packs $5.99

Total = $275.28 for 4 years of content instead of $554.72

Holiday Sale, Stuff Packs are at $5.99 (40% off)

Just imagine if you used all the discounts

Basegame $9.99
    Digital Deluxe Upgrade $7.49
    6 x Build-A-Bundle $34.98 ( SAVE30 discount)
    8 x Stuff Packs $5.99

Total = $275.28 for 4 years of content instead of $554.72
    Thanks for keeping the thread updated with sales. Discounts do help a lot and latest sale is a good deal especially for the stuff packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I calculated the price for PC with everything released so far including the Digital Deluxe version of the base, the Sims 4 costs right now with the current sales and buying packs on their own, $299.98. The full retail price on packs so far is $549.73. This isn't including sales tax or international prices.
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > This is the British Pound price but the Pound goes up and down a lot:
    >
    > £573.52

I feel a bit sick now haha. You just don't realise how much you're spending!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > This is the British Pound price but the Pound goes up and down a lot:
    >
    > £573.52

I feel a bit sick now haha. You just don't realise how much you're spending!

That is why you wait for sales and bundle deals to buy the packs that you don't feel you must have "right now". When you consider the total cost over the length of the game, you will save hundreds and hundreds. Look at GF...people who waited just 1 week were able to get it for half the price.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > IndigoGreene wrote: »
    >
    > > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > > This is the British Pound price but the Pound goes up and down a lot:
    > >
    > > £573.52
    >
    > I feel a bit sick now haha. You just don't realise how much you're spending!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is why you wait for sales and bundle deals to buy the packs that you don't feel you must have "right now". When you consider the total cost over the length of the game, you will save hundreds and hundreds. Look at GF...people who waited just 1 week were able to get it for half the price.

@Stormkeep My boyfriend got me GF for my birthday last month and I was so mad when I saw the sale! But to be honest, I generally buy expansions and game packs right away because I get too excited for them so it wouldn't have made a difference... but I hate paying full price for stuff packs and I've only ever bought them when they're on sale. I don't think they include enough content to be worth full price.
    edited December 2018
    I calculated the price for PC with everything released so far including the Digital Deluxe version of the base, the Sims 4 costs right now with the current sales and buying packs on their own, $299.98. The full retail price on packs so far is $549.73. This isn't including sales tax or international prices.

Note: Compared to 2014, the basegame full price goes from $59.99 to $39.99.
    edited December 2018

Note: Compared to 2014, the basegame full price goes from $59.99 to $39.99.
    Yes, I calculated the current market value but I was counting everything in full including the deluxe edition with the Life of the Party content as shown as the retail price of $49.99 shown here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/store/mac-pc-download-base-game-digital-deluxe-edition

The Life of the Party addition at full retail price is $9.99, so it is about a penny difference if bought individually at full retail price. You can see the price difference with Origin too: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/offer-selection

Without that added price for the deluxe it if you subtract the $49.99 and add the $39.99 it comes out to $539.73.

Sale is still on for the base versions, so still a good time to buy.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    *closes eyes* oh, yeah, there are sales... And the amount of time I play... Is worth it? But better not think too much about it...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Why are you trying to hurt me
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It sounds like a lot, but I figured out how much I've spent to buy everything except vampires which is the only pack I don't have, and then / the hours I've played it and it works out too I'm only spending without a dollar-an-hour on entertainment and the more I play the lower the number goes haha! At least that's how I justify it to myself LOL