Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited July 2009
    The speed issue was fixed with the last patch you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    WillowMontgomeryWillowMontgomery Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That I can't go to a neighbours house after a certain time. Also, that my evil kleptomaniac sim still has morals, is limited to the stuff he takes, wants to give it back, and that we can't use stolen items.
  • Options
    DEVILSANGEL322DEVILSANGEL322 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    what bothers me is there,s no custom built furniture yet lol
    you can recolor stuff but there,s nothin really new or different with it,,,still like sims 2 better
    need more different shapes and sizes rather than color,,,but that,s just me,,,,
  • Options
    xtinaxtina Posts: 413 Member
    edited July 2009
    The fact that we don't have a Body Shop and have to use other programs that I don't understand one thing about ...
  • Options
    DLMulsowDLMulsow Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No upper body sliders.
  • Options
    DEVILSANGEL322DEVILSANGEL322 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I miss just about everything the Sims 2 had. This game is so boring. You can't follow them into stores, it takes too long to build, and the clothes are boring as well. I am going to shelve it and let it collect dust and go back to Sims 2. What a waste of money. :(

i agree 100 percent ,,,
  • Options
    JasminaJasmina Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Um, I agree with many of the things listed. However, the relationship building experience is very frustrating. Yes I think it is better to be more like real life, but my sims start as teens to build a relationship with a future husband or wife, and they end up being adults borderline elders before they can become an romantic interest, and even then the option to ask to move in, or get married, is slow coming....

I am also frustrated at not being able to easily switch between families/lots in the community to play other families/lots. As in Double Deluxe. You can easily switch to another family and play from that perspective easily interacting with the original family you started with. If you do this in Sims 3, you have to exit out of your household completely, and lose wishes and hopes, and then when or if you switch your active household back, things are all changed. I don't mind them continuing to grow, but I liked being able to say move out a son/daughter, and then play that character, and easily switch back to the parents without much effort.

Hair sucks. I agree.

And if you have a vehichle selected for your character to drive, they should be able to choose to use that vehicle to work, rather than have the carpool come to pick them up everyday.

Also I still have many problems with the launcher as well. I can't seem to download my items I have purchased. It shows it is downloading, but then I can't install them into the game. That is frustrating.

Just some ideas for upgrades!
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited July 2009
    also not being able to build a costom returant, i made a kick@$$ one back in the sims 2. also, hottubs and dj booths, where are they? better come with a expainsion pack!

some one who is familiar with downloading content from peggyzone.com, click below.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73522.page
    i just need some help, plz.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PammersharkPammershark Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    1. We don't have the option to look at their memories like we did in ts2.
    2. We can't pick their zodiac sign.
    3. We can't see what our sims are doing in community buildings (Real annoying).We don't have the option to build our own town from scratch. Just place houses in a few places.
    4. Make the towns bigger. I want the option to build alot of houses in a town.
    5. I have one blue eye one green eye. I want the option to do that to my sim also.
    6. Clothes....not enough clothes.....and the hair....more hair options.

Other than that the game is great!!!!
  • Options
    bennsydbennsyd Posts: 1,183 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree with Pammershark! I love the game! MUCH better than The Sims 2!
  • Options
    GwwyynnGwwyynn Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It definitely bothers me that all of a sudden single people have babies more often than they get married. Please have them get married first (either to another citizen or a new, generated one).

I've had some characters disappear altogether if not played in awhile - never to be seen again, and apparently never die either because 3-4 generations back they will still appear alive but nowhere in town.

Question, why do the parents have an apologize option toward the childern when they correct them instead of the other way around? And why does the mother 95% of the time do the lecturing and the birthday candle blowout for the babies?

Would like to be able to stop aging if desired.

Would be fun to have new neighbors move into empty places on their own.

Would like to see some more empty lots and also to be able to create new locations like in Sims 2.

Thanks - despite the above am having a great time playing.

• Options
    desine77desine77 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've been having building difficulties; particularly with walls.

When editing community lots there are often problems with the wall height protruding into the upper levels or being unable to add walls.

Also, hate the setup of having several different games all with different towns all of which you can edit. It's a good idea in theory, but I've found that if I build a house and try to go back and find it, I have to go through each game to edit the town and find which house I am looking for.

Also, being able to zoom in on the large neighborhood map (particularly when choosing a house for your sims) would be a great advantage considering you basically have to buy the house blind.
  • Options
    ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited July 2009
    iwnpdz.jpg

Hey Simmers! Im ilovesims56 Sister! 24/7/2009

Do you have modeling skills? Lets find out. Enter your sim into the Sims Next Top Model contest!!!

Rules:

1. Limited of 4 custom content items.
    2. Sims owner takes own photos each week.
    3. Follow our blog.
    4. Audience votes for their favorie model.
    5. You will have 2-3 days to submit photo
    6. If dont submit photo then your out of challenge and possibly disqulified from show.
    7. For truthful voting, no usernames will be with the models.
    8. Must be a CAS photo.
    10. Can only submit one sim (unless submiting female and male)

About:

1. There will be a theme each week
    2. Sims owner takes own photos each week.
    3. You may advertise for people to vote for your sim.
    4. We will be starting a blog.
    5. Each week we will tell you the theme and tell you the props to use.(certain hair, locations, color, based on a trait, etc.)
    6. Audience votes who is kicked off the show each week
    7. U Need to send allt he pictures that u take.
    8. Once a thread/email is sent telling what photos to submit you have 2-3 days to submit the photo.
    9. Female AND Male show, you must be a young adult- adult.
    10. my bro its my manager,so if u can't ask me so ask him.
    11.We have the same account ( ilovesims56 )

How to apply:

Send an email to sims3nexttopmodel@hotmail.com including the following

Name:
    Bio.:
    Picture(s)(headshots ONLY):

Before you send an email if you have questions, please ask!

REMEMBER: WE HAVE A FEMALE AND MALE SHOW!!!!! And im ilovesims56 sister!

..::::: NEXT TOP MODEL ::::.. wanna be?

Sims3plumbob-1.png
    :wink::D:lol: :!: :P :):mrgreen:
  • Options
    CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's not that big of a pet peeve to me but I'll mention it anyways. I have a six-story apartment building and from time to time, a bird would zip through the walls. Sometimes they would magically penetrate my sims' heads, but leave them unharmed. I get a little disappointed that the birds don't create some ultimate disaster as a parting gift because I think a giant gaping wormhole on the back of their craniums would be uber cool. So, no Houdini birdies plz.

Other than that, the game is freakin' aweshum. :D

• Options
    GwwyynnGwwyynn Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had a glitch with a guitar stuck to the guy's shoulder and stomach. He walked around for days with it. He slept with it too, until finally the glitch apparently worked itself out.

I also had a glitch where a character kept standing up with feet on the floor and bed through the knees while sleeping and there was a similar glitch as she moved around while awake.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    3FREAK3FREAK Posts: 266 New Member
    edited July 2009
    um probably already said before but the babies. They don't look real. I also wish you could dress them up and there were changing tables. It would make them look more real.

edit:spelling
  • Options
    3FREAK3FREAK Posts: 266 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Gwwyynn wrote:
    I also had a glitch where a character kept standing up with feet on the floor and bed through the knees while sleeping and there was a similar glitch as she moved around while awake.
    I had the same glitch if she looks like she is holding a baby type in
    resetsim (first name) (last name)
  • Options
    maddixomaddixo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    for those who are upset because you can't use the maxmotives cheat, if you type in TestingCheatsEnabled True and hold shift and click the mailbox, there is a button like static motives or something, it keeps all your needs perfect all the time. hope i helped(:
  • Options
    sexihoniebunniesexihoniebunnie Posts: 424 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't like the fact that I can't build my own neighborhood. I don't like those silly townies that come in the pre-mades. I wanna make my own townies darnit! Please EA...make it an option in the next EP :)
  • Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited July 2009
    CAS isn't what I expected! I thought it would be better! I need more sliders!!!....(please) :cry:
  • Options
    OMGChocolateLuvOMGChocolateLuv Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay I don't know if this ha been said before but... The one thing that bothers me At the moment is how you have a reeeaaallly great chance of needing an expensive video card to even run the game at all. I am currently waiting for mine to come..... :cry:
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited July 2009
    also sliders, i want more sliders to make more uniqe sims. :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/73522.page
    peggyzone.com xperts, click here^ i need your help.
  • Options
    SamjiSamji Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi,

The one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I have to drag, one by one, fruits and vegetables from one container into another. Give me a break guys! I have a huge garden and I harvest hundreds of produce. It's very tedious to move these items one by one. I wish you'd come up with some way to click on a stack that would bring up a field allowing us to type in the number of items we want to remove. That would help my carpal tunnel. Other than that, I love the game :D

And yes, I have discovered the little handle in the left upper corner of the item's icon that you can click on to open a window displaying all the items within the stack, or click on to drag the entire stack to a container or a Sim's inventory. That's not what I mean. The handle is great, but the problem is that within one stack of produce various qualities can be mixed. Let me give you an example: say I have 340 Apples (don't laugh, that happens to me all the time) with 145 Perfect ones, and the rest a mixture of various qualities. I want to keep the Perfect ones for planting and cooking, the Outstanding for fishing, and I want to sell the rest or use them as fertilizer. Do you see my problem? I have to manually separate the entire stack. And that's just the Apples! Wait until I get around to the Tomatoes, the Onions, the Garlic.... well, you get the picture. Or I could have 340 Perfect Apples, and just want 40 for my angler. Dragging and dropping 40 times is no fun. Yes, I suppose I could reduce the size of my garden, but I don't want to do that. I want you to come up with a smart solution to this problem. By the way, if I used the lower grades of produce as fertilizer, my gardener, while he tended the garden, would pick up new superior produce that would get mixed up with the old stack and at the end of that 'day' I'd have to separate all that stuff again because if I don't he'd use the superior grade as fertilizer on the following day, right? Not good.

So, it would be great if you came up with a command that would allow the player to automatically split a stack of produce into its various qualities; that would enable the player to keep the Perfect ones and sell all the others or have his Sims use the inferior grades for fishing, for example, again without the tedious dragging and dropping.

Thanks for the great game! I'm having a blast!!
  • Options
    fairdayfairday Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Changing families is very scary. I used to be able to click on the household I wanted to play in Sims 2. I don't want the same family all of the time. I like to move sims into cheap houses and the move them into more permanent houses soon to make room for more families. When you choose another active family in Sims 3 the warnings make me not want to try. :(

I miss having seasons. :) The faces are not as customizable as I hoped. Still, the game is fun, and I don't want to spend more time complaining. But, I would like and easier way to change active families on the fly like before. In Sims 3 this would make finding relationships for your sims easier. Snow would be nice! :D
  • Options
    johnwaltermanjohnwalterman Posts: 624 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If my males would stop getting preggers and my toddlers would stop turning into ET when they would talk, I would LOVE the game.