Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Ashleymw81Ashleymw81 Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Dang I cant say the game is just freakin boring.
  • lullabieslullabies Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    the fact that I have to go out and scavenge for a copy of windows XP so I can run the sims 3 on bootcamp because the mac "version" of the game is mildly terrible.. :/

the graphics just stink!
  • Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2009
    Faces are too round and necks are too short and fat. I hate the "rabbit holes". Genetics are a joke, no blending of skin color. No animation for getting out and in cars. Hair has no movement.

WHy EA? Why? You could have done better.
  • Spycoo16Spycoo16 Posts: 215 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My game crashes a lot, but other thant that this is a lovely game!
  • CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sims make angry-ish faces when holding hands with another sim. :/
  • anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2009
    Mine crashed to desktop 4 times today. :cry:
  • JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Jadeleine wrote:
    My biggest family is now on their 3rd generation. All the children are almost 95% clones from their parents! Just the haircolour and eyecolour seems to be variating. The game gets pretty boring if everytime i can expect the children to look exactly like their parents. It looks like the boys are clones from their fathers and girls are clones from theri mothers...anyone else have this same problem??

I have this exact same problem! I get so tired of the kids being clones!
  • heckyessamigoheckyessamigo Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm breaking the rules here is my list of what i do NOT like about Sims3:

1. Whenever your sims goes out to eat or goes to the movies they dissapear into the building. I want to see whats going on inside!
    2. You cant make your own town
    3. Everytime you make a new family its a "new game." so all your other families can't communicate with others you've created.
    4. I hate the clothes and hair. =[

this was so disapointing

i LOVE AND OBSESS over Sims2 and i was SO EXCITED for this to come out

PLEASE EXPANSION PACKS NOWWWWW
  • TelolaTelola Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay I wanna contribute a little now after playing this game through for a while. First off, I love the town, being able to jog around it and visit people. Gardening and fishing is extremely satisfying and fun. The world gets top points from me. I love the new CAS, whole new possibilities in such a flexible system. Hair very dissapointing though.

Now my real problem with sims3 is actually the sims themselves. What kept me playing sims1 and 2 over and over again was the amazing body language. I would go shopping, or drive my son to school and see little scenes being played out in real life just like in the game, so identical as to be creepy even :wink:

I´m sorry but whoever is responsible for their bodylanguage now doesn´t even come close to the genius of the first sims. When they talk their movements would make me back away carefully in real life, I wouldn´t take my eyes off them till I was at a safe distance.

Why on earth do they choke/throw up while eating? Extremely annoying.

This missing bodylanguage will probably break this game for me, and will land in the bottom drawer which is a great shame because I do enjoy the game a lot otherwise. I will not be tempted by an expansion, unless ofcourse I hear the bodylanguage has been normalized.
  • PlayerMttjmsPlayerMttjms Posts: 547 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't pick 1 so i wrote 4:

Your Sims Have Random Babies!
    Sims Die While Your Not Their!
    Not Able To Make Your Own Neighbourhoods!
    Random Peolpe Pop Out Of No Where! :shock:
  • Smiles32PSmiles32P Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Simmers who keep complaining on the forum.
  • sammyklvngsammyklvng Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The lack of memories. When I first got the game, I looked around for nearly an hour to see if EA had hidden them in some elusive corner. Unfortunately not. In TS2 I would make a family, play them for a while, then go off to another and play them. Eventually I would go back to that first family, but I relied on memories to refresh me on their history. Not only that, but they were just interesting to look at. I hate how the only recognition of what is happening during the game is a moodlet that lasts for a few hours/days, then goes away like nothing happened. I don't want a permanent negative moodlet from a dead relative, but a memory that made them stop and sniffle every once in a while isn't so bad...

Memories aside, I also dislike the fact that toddlers always look creepy. I had this little boy who I would swear was the spawn of the devil. When I clicked on something while playing him, and his face popped up, I could not help but cower in fear from his peircing eyes. And also, toddler girls and boys look virtually the same. It's a bit annoying, really. Especially when your girl toddler's default hair is close-cropped.

The fact that they sleep forever. 'Nuff said.

The lack of cheats. Boolprop, oh how I miss you, and abhor your lack-luster TS3 counterpart testingCheatsEnabled... When I shift-click my sim, there is no 'Spawn', no way to magically up your sims' skills, or force them to have a child with a random passerby... nor can you randomly kill a person... of course, I may have just somehow missed this cheat... but I think not.

I really love the game, though. It's enjoyable, smooth, etc. I agree with others on the fat faces and speeds, but honestly, they aren't much of a problem for me. The speeds especially, if I have another person to play with while another is at work.
  • CuckooFarmerCuckooFarmer Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I wish Sims would actually open the door to get into a vehicle like in The Sims 2.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • simgurl323simgurl323 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2009
    Renita wrote:
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

I definitely agree with this. I can't stand that the SIMs just disappear and then reappear in the car. You would think that since they actually opened the door and got in the car in TS2 that TS3 would be the same way. Hmph :roll:
  • 00Brady0000Brady00 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have 2 or three but my main one is the fact youve limited the clothes and hair styles . in my own opinion i think we need a bigger choice of better clothes and hairstyles especially the women there outfits are rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz make an expansion pack containing hairstyles and outfits from the sims 2 cos they rocked ! thanx :D
  • bc2poobc2poo Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lack of hairstyles... :/
  • 00Brady0000Brady00 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    me agen just wanted to say if u want to make the best sims 3 game it needs to be real !!! ok so youve changed the graPHICS BUT YOU COULD DO SO MUCH MORE YOU CAN CREATE BANKS WERE SIMS CAN STORE AND TAKE OUT MONEY (THEY WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE TO WALK THERE /GETIN IN CAR. NOT JUST CLICK SOMIN AND MONEY IS PUTIN). THEY SHUD aCTUALLY HAVE TO BUY CLOTHES LIKE SIM 2. NOT GO TO DRAW AND PUT SOME ON THEY SHUD HAVE PETS LIKE SIMS 2 BUT THIS TIME WITH DUCKS , HORSES SHEEP. farm animals>!! YOU NEED TO STEP IT UP AND MAKE IT REAL COS SORRY BUT I DONT FIND A CAR JUST RANDOMLY MOVING FROM THE GARAGE TO THE ROAD AND THE SIM DISAPPEARING INTO IT THAT GREAT !!!!!STEP IT UP MAKE IT REAL wHAT DO HUMANS HAVE THAT THE SIMS DONT I COULD SAY A LONG LIST STARTING WITH WASHING MACHINE THANX FOR READING :D
  • simpaticosimpatico Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hairstyles seems to come up a lot, but i have to agree...
    I also dislike how, when you change your active neighborhood, all the other families you created seem to disappear, and you can't interact with them.
    Also, not having a cheat to quickly advance their skills is driving me nuts! I can only spend so many hours watching a Sim fish or paint!
  • zodiaccirclezodiaccircle Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've been wanting to create my real family as Sims. I am almost 20, and so I make myself a young adult. My sisters are 14 and 11, so I would make them a teen and child respectively. However, I can't set them in CAS as my sisters, only as my children or room-mates. I would have to make myself as a teen and then use the birthday cake to grow up, which is such a waste of time. :(
  • coraannoncoraannon Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The fact that you can no longer follow them into the store >.<
  • FaeIsabellaFaeIsabella Posts: 31 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love the game, no glitches or any problems so far. I really think the elders need help though. They shouldn't all look so stooped over and ruff. If they work out and stuff they should be in better shape like in real life. The poor things. :cry:
  • SkullkinSkullkin Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2009
    We're only able to have up to four families at a given time. That bites. :evil:
  • khaysymobarnkhaysymobarn Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    not enough hairstyles and types..(cant go into certain places)
  • Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The buy mode music! It sounds like Disney music, and it gets so repetative!
    Who created that junk?

And not being able to swim at the beach. Because everyone knows that fishing is a whole lot funner. :roll:

No car animations for getting in and out!

No more silly moments from TS1 and TS2, now these sims look plain dumb and boring.

Rabbitholes! :evil:

There's hardly anything to do in the neighborhood! :roll:
  • krysimkrysim Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    The buy mode music! It sounds like Disney music, and it gets so repetative!
    Who created that junk?

And not being able to swim at the beach. Because everyone knows that fishing is a whole lot funner. :roll:

No car animations for getting in and out!

No more silly moments from TS1 and TS2, now these sims look plain dumb and boring.

Rabbitholes! :evil:

There's hardly anything to do in the neighborhood! :roll:

Like most of everyone those things bug the hell out of me too! But what I don't think I have come across yet is someone saying how they HATE having to purchase (in real life) all of the things that should have came with the sims 3 (diff hair, clothes, objects, furniture.. etc). We had to wait for the game, which okay it was a lil rough to do but once we got it 95% of the people who bought the game had DUDS. After spending $50+ for the game, EA decides that for us to get new objects or anything of that sort we should PAY for them with SIM POINTS. I just feel like its a slap in the face for loyal customers and that they should quit being so money hungry.

SIM POINTS should be for the player who PLAYS THE SIMS... what the hell? I know not everyone can just drop $20 on 2,000 sim points (a kitchen set) for something so ridiculous!!! $20 is what I spent on a friggin EP for the other sims games!!! EA is going start turning their fellow simmers into HATERS.

THIS GAME FOR ME WAS UNFORTUNATELY AN NEVER ENDING LET DOWN.. I find myself throughout the game going "oh man wheres this, or thats not in the game, or why can't I do this or that?? "

Maybe we were all just excited to see additions to what we know EA could have gave us, but all they did was take away and throw in some bogus add ons. I just feel like they forgot to surprise us & keep us playing... :cry: