Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• EricMacLolzEricMacLolz Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There's not enough lots to place households downloaded from the exchange. I wish you could make the town as big as you want, add more streets, houses, families, etc. I also wish you could make your own lots in empty areas.
  • FlameheadFlamehead Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    grlnvy wrote:
    I hate that we cant see inside the buildings our sims go into when in the community even when you buy out the property!! The hospital, spa, etc!

I'm so glad some else mentioned this. Both my husband and I were really disappointed with this. And it gets really boring when all of my sims are out of of sight and I only get little messages about what is going on.
  • EricMacLolzEricMacLolz Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Flamehead wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

I totally agree! and where is the clothing store? My poor sims are stuck with the same clothes for there entire life! (at least until they hit a milestone and then I have no control at all what they wear for everyday)

Yes! We need a clothing store!
  • callen37206callen37206 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2009
    Flamehead wrote:
    Lawertend wrote:

I totally agree! and where is the clothing store? My poor sims are stuck with the same clothes for there entire life! (at least until they hit a milestone and then I have no control at all what they wear for everyday)

Yes! We need a clothing store!

I want a clothing store too but for now, you can plan outfits as long as your sim owns a dresser. You can plan up to 3 different outfits for each type of clothing and then if you want to change those, just go back and plan new outfits. It's not great but it's what we've got for now.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that all you have to do to change their clothes is click the sim and choose change outfit (or something like that) then choose the one you want from the menu. You can also have them change using the dresser.
  • BreAnn28BreAnn28 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited July 2009
    a lot!

A) I cannot create neighborhoods and place lots!

B) I hate the asexual sim thing. I like family trees...I want the sims to build relationships while I'm out playing another family.

C) The fact that I have to use a cheat to keep my sims needs up because the creators lied when they said they will take care of their own needs. They had to pee like 6 times in a day! That ridic. The days go by alot faster and I can't get them to do the things I want them to do because I am so busy satisfying their needs. THEN..when I do keep their needs static they just STAND THERE! go visit someone..go fishing..anything!

D) I want to see my sims get a pedicure. I want to see inside the buildings.

F) I hate that sims have a bedtime. Nobody is out past 10 o clock so my sim just sits there with NOTHING to do..

G) More job activities. I hate these random interviews and reports they do for their jobs..I want to see the cop patrol the streets. When my sim gets caught for curfew I want to see a sim from another household be the cop in said situation.

F) ALSO..because of the story progression..I want the newspaper to report a lot more about what goes on in other households...also they should ask if u want certain households to move out of town.

sorry if it's a bit long.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2009
    The CAS, it's great and way better than Sims2, but it's not totally realistic, there needs to be more body shape sliders. Like a sim has a nice upper body and than has chicken legs. Change the bust slides, nothing unrealistic, but real women have cup sizes higher than an A 32. Sheesh!!! The women sims all look like bodybuilders. What's wrong with having a curvy sim, or a lanky one, or lean, or a mixture.

What we need is a body shop.
  • babsygirl2babsygirl2 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited July 2009
    the glitches make me wanna throw up!
  • neeksneeks Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sims cannot swim at the beach. What's the point in going to the beach if you cannot swim?
  • d3tslnicquid3tslnicqui Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Limits on sliders in CAS.

Skin tone doesn't get pale enough to even match MY RL skin. (I don't get out much, okay?) I don't really make that many sims, but every time I do, there's at least one slider I wish would go a little lower or higher. I can also never seem to make a nose that looks the way it's supposed to look in my mind. There's a mod for this, yeah, but it still bothers me.
  • Simmer12Simmer12 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited July 2009
    u have to press the undo button twice to delete an object

sims don't drive cars out of garage they just appear.

4x speed is same as 3x speed

sims age too quick.

cant swim at beach

cant disable school bus/carpool

not enough objects (hopefully expansion packs will sort this out

this may sound a lot but these are only small niggles in an excellent game.
  • 20silkcut20silkcut Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Can't think of one thing that bothers me about SIMS 3....

But I can think of a hundred and one!

Children (e.g. brothers/sisters) can't talk to one another, and toddlers can't verbally interact with anyone at all! Not even their parents!

Babies are mummified. No changing tables, nursery rhymes, or throwing up over people when they're played with. Not enough toys.

Horrible freaky looking Sims that give me the creeps.

Not being able to enter the buildings in the town.

Story progression that is totally incomprehensible... (I don't want EA to choose what happens to the neighbours).

No crossword in the newspaper.

I could go on, and on, and on, and on.....but basically, I feel as though I've been ripped off.

Shame on you EA. After all the hype. You have simply failed to deliver! :thumbdown:
  • BeatlemaniafanBeatlemaniafan Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The one thing i hate about sims is that itas not online.Lots of other bad games are online.If the sims went online I would never get off my cpu! reply if you want sims online back!
    edited July 2009
    online sounds good
  • katiedawgkatiedawg Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What bothers me about the sims 3 is the haircuts for your sims. Your trying to create a look alike, right? Well most of the hairstyles dont even match what your trying to make it look like!There should really be more hairstyles to choose from! :x
    edited July 2009
    i agree

however EA have only launched the game 3 weeks ago or so

expect some probs but if we give them a chance they will rectify them with expansion packs just like on TS2
  • hollyrose4hollyrose4 Posts: 214 New Member
    edited July 2009
    THAT YOU CANT BECOME A FAMOUS ACTRESS
  • Sonicgirl123Sonicgirl123 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No complaints about the game, except that one time, my sim and the toddeler she was teaching to talk froze
  • BlEyedHobbitBlEyedHobbit Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zin779 wrote:
    I really miss, my Simmies not being able to get in and out of the car door.
    because in real life you have to open the car door in order to drive it lol.

At least in Sims 2 they could open the car door and get in.
    I really miss nightlife too as my sims used to love going to nightclubs in sims2
    Its like deserted at night and nothing to do :(

And really miss the baby/toddler changing table as there are not many things
    and the baby room looks empty.

Also nothing at the beach onlying fishing how boring.
    My Sims can't even look for shells or paddle in the sea..

I completely agree with you! This annoys me to no end!
    edited July 2009
    From my last post PS the game is very awsome. Unlike the sims 2, I always have some reason to play the game. After 3 months of playing the sims 2, for some reason whenever I thought of playing the game, my neck felt like it was swelling. I had to wait a month for the sims 3(I had become a sims fan in febuary) thank you EA! :mrgreen:
  • FredthelogFredthelog Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

I agree. I loved that we could in Sims2. I was surprised to find that we can't on Sims3.
    edited July 2009
    i agree with that as well. i also think u should be able to place blank lots instead of using the ones they put down. ive only had the game 5 days and i've run out of space already
  • purple_beejeepurple_beejee Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2009
    my sim doesn't know her children!they are "aqauntinces"
    :(
    seriously?
  • cool21games211cool21games211 Posts: 557 New Member
    edited July 2009
    no custom neighborhood option :(
  • Maddmom0703Maddmom0703 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's difficult to name ONE thing that bothers me since I am still unable to even download the PATCH without crashing to desktop. My big thing is actually that Electronic Arts should just FIX the game the way they should have done before marketing "The Sims3". I loved Sims2 and want so much to play Sims3. JUST FIX SIMS 3 BEFORE SELLING US EXPANSION PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

Very true. Before I downloaded Riverview, the only town I had an option for was Sunset Vally AKA Pleasntview. I was like WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!! :x