Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    BilgatoBilgato Posts: 3 New Member
    My last game I played as my guy's pet cat as the main character. The human/ghost was happy and maintained properly, his cat (whom I played 80% of the time) was happy and went all around town, he was great friends with everyone in town.
    The cat interacted with everyone, went places and I was having a great time.
    The cat was taken by the government one day because there was not enough interaction between the cat and owner even though they were both happy and good friends.

This I found quite unsatisfactory...I haven't even played since then because I know if I play a dog or cat as the main character (which I like more than the humans) the same thing will just happen again.

**also the zombies and vampires are not nearly as cool in 3 as they were in 2.
  • Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    Bilgato wrote: »
    My last game I played as my guy's pet cat as the main character. The human/ghost was happy and maintained properly, his cat (whom I played 80% of the time) was happy and went all around town, he was great friends with everyone in town.<br />
    The cat interacted with everyone, went places and I was having a great time.<br />
    The cat was taken by the government one day because there was not enough interaction between the cat and owner even though they were both happy and good friends.<br />
    <br />
    This I found quite unsatisfactory...I haven't even played since then because I know if I play a dog or cat as the main character (which I like more than the humans) the same thing will just happen again.<br />
    <br />
    **also the zombies and vampires are not nearly as cool in 3 as they were in 2.

I did that also sometimes, it was so fun exploring the town with a dog! Like a whole new game! :)
    Unfortunately, we are probably not gonna be able to play that way in The Sims 4 because of loading screens. I guess pets won't be able to travel alone anymore :(
  • Options
    hyperbolehyperbole Posts: 197 Member
    edited August 2014
    werewolf forms changing into something completely different and unchangable when you change anything about the sim......happens to my sims every single time......I have to cure them, and re-curse them if I want control over their werewolf forms
  • Options
    MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    The game.
    sb2cck.gif
  • Options
    linlinchilinlinchi Posts: 57 Member
    WoWLynnia wrote: »
    Sims popping out random babies with no second parent

^
    This!
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    thing that bother me in sims 3 is: Isla Paradiso being a glitch/lagging,sometimes i hated when sim parent just ignore there child on the ground in the lot when they are crying for sleep or hungry etc,let see whatelse guess noting else that pretty much it
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Overly polite vampires. Ask to drink...really EA? A proper vampire would never ask.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    That it crashes right after loading drives me crazy.
  • Options
    NikoBellicNikoBellic Posts: 41 Member
    Routing issues.
  • Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    The fact that its the most broken game I've ever played...having to configure an entire cpu just to play Sims 3...installing mods just so it will run correctly (nRass) and no matter what you do or how good your cpu is, it will NEVER work right.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Long load times and the insane maintenance that is required to keep it running.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    > @Renita said:
    > No animations for getting in and out of a car.

lol..that was hilarious...why wouldnt they add the car animation?
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Children not being able to garden. I also think a child should require a babysitter.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    How bad they looked. I could not create a Sim without using custom content hair/skins
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    Lagging. Although that maay have been due to all my cc :p
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    My biggest complaint with TS3, in fact my ONLY complaint with TS3 is that no matter how I tried to play it it always felt like it was singularly focused. It felt like there was very little motivation to have sims interact with each other. TS2 sims felt more like their interaction mattered more than in TS3. Sims in TS3 didn't feel like they had personalities like they do in TS2. I'm not sure why this is.

The game itself had very few glitches for me and ran smooth on its highest setting but that is useless without me loving my simmies but it'd hard to fall in love with simmies that feel so one demential.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    darkslytherindarkslytherin Posts: 57 Member
    The game never runs smoothly even on my very well specced gaming desktop computer :/
  • Options
    Gdyna1Gdyna1 Posts: 37 Member
    It takes forever to build relationships.
  • Options
    almariandaalmarianda Posts: 55 Member
    I remember how much I enjoyed the attraction system in sims 2. With turn-offs and turn-ons. I miss that a bit in sims 3. Now in sims 3, my sims fall in love with whomever...
    Simmer since 2001
    Sims 3 still rules! <3
  • Options
    tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2014
    sorry, can't delete...wrong forum :(
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    Gdyna1 wrote: »
    It takes forever to build relationships.

It does. The progress is easily lost by fleeting emotions.
  • Options
    LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    Gee, as I read the comments, there are many solutions to these negatives that it should not be a problem. Some do require cheats so maybe some of you prefer not to use cheats.
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Error code 12 :\
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    almarianda wrote: »
    I remember how much I enjoyed the attraction system in sims 2. With turn-offs and turn-ons. I miss that a bit in sims 3. Now in sims 3, my sims fall in love with whomever...

I hope this makes a comeback in sims2.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    duck74 wrote: »
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Can I have three?

1. Can't link worlds - your sim has to either stay where they were born or lose all of their family and friends.

If you move houses you have an option to move to another world, I think this makes all current friends get set to distant friends but I can't be sure.

If you're talking about the option that comes with IP, then no it doesn't work that way, you're sims lose all the relationships and the worlds are completely separated. There is a NRAAS (or however it's spelled) that supposedly works, but I tried it and it was wonky for me. But, thank you anyway. :)