Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Do the NRaaS mods unlock the foreign recipes or do I need a different mod? Sometimes I can see recipe books in my MultiTab 6000 and sometimes I cannot. I haven't figured out the difference yet.
    Not intentionally no, a different mod is needed. I must have around six of them (not on purpose but they don't really conflict because that bit is just tuning) because many of the cooking enhancement mods like the Ingredients Overhaul makes the recipe books available at homeworld bookstores. It's apparently a very popular mod feature to be asking for.

Very similar to the feature that allows all foreign food ingredients to be available at the grocery store, for a hefty price in many cases. Trekking all over the world looking for specific kinds of grapes or fish, or in the case of harvestables making sure they are planted somewhere reachable at all times, isn't as much fun as it once was for some of us after the first few episodes.

Let us know if you have trouble finding a mod to unlock exactly what you are looking for.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I found this, @igazor which allows one to use MC to unlock recipes:

http://modthesims.info/t/480385
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    @TinySpaceFox I about peed myself I was laughing so hard at the picture of your level 10 painter :D
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I found this, @igazor which allows one to use MC to unlock recipes:

http://modthesims.info/t/480385
    Oh, I didn't mention that MC Cheats feature on purpose because I didn't think that was what was being asked for. It doesn't unlock the recipe books so that they become available in bookstores, it forces the knowledge of the recipes on the sims selected so that they don't have to find or read the books. In other words it makes them "already read."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2018
    @KevinL5275 You can find and learn foreign recipes with MC. It's under Advanced - Books - Recipes (or something like that)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Wow, I didn't realize the MC way was really what everyone wanted all this time, I thought most players were really after getting their hands on the recipe books without having to travel around the world.

Fine then, have at it. But you're all a bunch of cheaters and I want you off of my Internet. >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor Cheating is only cheating if you see it as such - I see anything that makes playing easier as an enhancement not a cheat ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @igazor Cheating is only cheating if you see it as such - I see anything that makes playing easier as an enhancement not a cheat ;)
    Agreed. And I did forget to mention I would make a special exemption for cheese plates anyway since I'm the one who started all this by mentioning that one.

But you see, at the end of the day, you will end up with more points and gold rings than I will, and then...uhh...wait I'm confused, what were we even talking about, again? o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    one of the things that I wished were the case sometimes especially when real life kids are getting on your nerves, Lol..... you can just buy a cake and bam, there older.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2018
    I personally was looking for either solution, the books or the recipe itself. I'm not a fan of the opportunities that require you to go to a different world just to get one thing and then come back, because it takes up so much time in loading and saving.
    If I'm going to travel, its going to be for a big reason. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    moSW2Eh.jpg

d2HCYBs.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, my level 10 painter.

Made my day :lol:
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    My favorite is when the supposed "artist" offers to sketch a sim in the nude, the offer is accepted, and then the one doing the sketching takes their clothes off instead of the model. I mean technically that is what they said they wanted to do as per their exact words, but it still strikes me as an example of game developer humor rather than a bug of some kind. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    You show up for class two hours early (because some inner urge says you must), sit in a lecture hall taking notes for another two hours (even though there is no one lecturing), and your GPA improves.
  • Options
    marstinson wrote: »
    You show up for class two hours early (because some inner urge says you must), sit in a lecture hall taking notes for another two hours (even though there is no one lecturing), and your GPA improves.
    That's because your professor or teaching assistant walked by every so often and noted how eagerly you were absorbing the material. Even if it was really for whatever random class that took place there prior to yours. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Since I've been watching a bit of the Winter Olympics...

You hone your athletic skill as a teenager and hit level 10 before your YA birthday. Congratulations! Now you don't have to worry about training to be an athlete, soldier, cop, or criminal. Like, ever. You have absolutely nothing else to learn athletically, no matter how you choose to apply your talent. You'll never need to work out again, and you'll still be in perfect physical condition for the rest of your life. You can literally go your entire adulthood without so much as changing into your workout clothes, and your pace on the treadmill will be the same on the day you die as it was when you were in high school. In fact, you can even win the Amateur Olympics as an elder—just make sure to get a good night's sleep and eat an entire plate of Baked Angel Food cake before you go.
  • Options
    AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    Flirting and getting married in under 30 Minutes.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    There is no concept of parking in TS3. Just put your car in your inventory when you arrive to a lot. Now if I can do that with my car when I arrive to school and the stupid parking lot is lined from end to end with cars and zero open spots.

Maybe if I take my car into the classroom with me? Like a drive in? :p
  • Options
    I just noticed some peculiar logic in Sims 4. When my sims hygiene are too low and they are sleeping, they will feel the need to get out of bed in the middle of the night and take a shower. I guess they are too dirty to sleep.
  • Options
    Sims can go to a public area and eat food that is left around. In the game, it is considered sanitary and normal. I would not attempt that in real life.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Sims can go to a public area and eat food that is left around. In the game, it is considered sanitary and normal. I would not attempt that in real life.
    Sims are such happy by nature, easy going creatures in general. The entire world is a banquet to them and whatever exists in it is for them to enjoy. Maybe we humans (those of us who admit to being human) should take a lesson from that. ;)

Ever force some sims to lose their wealth and move them from what was once a lavishly furnished and decorated mansion into a small shack or sparsely accessorized trailer, or an almost vacant lot even? They may suddenly not be as top-heavy on happy environmental moodlets in their new surroundings as before and formerly simple things may be more time consuming or difficult for them to get done, but it's not like they sit there over their dinner table or what then passes for one and be sad or complain about everything they have lost. They just go about their lives working with whatever they do have on hand at the time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

Yeah. I did this in my game a few days ago. The food was sitting on the picnic table and my sim happened to be hungry. I figured it would be a shame to waste food. :) My sim enjoyed it.
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    edited April 2018
    Picking up a 10 lb block of plutonium from the back yard and a 40 ct. diamond from the front yard. Daily.

Writing a best seller in less time than it takes me to wash and fold three loads of laundry. Come to think of it - not having to fold laundry!!

When the wish to buy a washer or dryer comes up for one of your sims, just say "NO!" If there's no washer/dryer there won't be any dirty clothes. Your sims will just twirl into their outfits without leaving a pile of dirty clothes behind. However, don't know if a Laundromat in your town causes piles of clothes to appear for your sims or not, since I don't use that community building.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    pax1sw wrote: »
    Picking up a 10 lb block of plutonium from the back yard and a 40 ct. diamond from the front yard. Daily.

Writing a best seller in less time than it takes me to wash and fold three loads of laundry. Come to think of it - not having to fold laundry!!

When the wish to buy a washer or dryer comes up for one of your sims, just say "NO!" If there's no washer/dryer there won't be any dirty clothes. Your sims will just twirl into their outfits without leaving a pile of dirty clothes behind. However, don't know if a Laundromat in your town causes piles of clothes to appear for your sims or not, since I don't use that community building.

No, laundromats don't cause the piles of dirty laundry. I use them all the time. Once you do laundry, the moodlet lasts for two weeks or so.
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    bklienhart wrote: »
    No, laundromats don't cause the piles of dirty laundry. I use them all the time. Once you do laundry, the moodlet lasts for two weeks or so.

Cool! Didn't know that about laundromats. Where do the clothes your sim washes at the laundromat come from, do they place hampers in their house, or do the clothes just appear at the laundromat so they can be washed?
  • Options
    pax1sw wrote: »

@pax1sw Now you sound like my brother. He refused to put a washing machine in his sim house. Maybe it's not a bad idea... but it will never work in real life. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top