Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited February 2018
    @puzzlezaddict I hated AP Physics. Love physics, hated the class.

But we still did have fun and the teacher was the funniest guy ever!

Yeah, I'm not so sure private schools are approaching this correctly. These days, a lot of people from small town public schools end up ivy league. Like my class's valedictorian and the 20 students behind her. She's at Harvard right now, and the rest are at various other ivy leagues. (I always wonder where I'd be if I hadn't gotten depressed junior year...also I got distracted by a girlfriend, but it was mostly the depression)

This reminds me that in the Sims 2 they had that ridiculous thing where you had to impress a man from the private school in order to get your child in! LOL You had to feed him, small talk him, and give him a tour of your house. From then on, your children would change into uniforms to go to school...

Would have been funny if they had a Sims 3 version.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > The Sims 3 logic: If Your car cannot fit in your driveway just put it in your inventory with your musical instruments and what ever seeds you found and just use it when you need it :blush:

And let's not forget that parot you found and tamed in under five minutes; that can just fit right on in there too. Along with ninety apples and six heavy wizard books. Huzzah!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    I think that might have been where I began using large collections of food and recipe related mods myself. :)

I wonder if there are mods to aviod certain recipes (when using the butler from LN for example what he serves is not controllable)
    Post edited by Avatarit on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    I wonder if there are mods to aviod certain recipes (when using the butler from LN for example what he serves is not controllable)
    There are mods that will prevent actively controlled sims from autonomously preparing recipes for which the ingredients are not already in stock or not available to them (e.g., no fridge shopping). I don't know if those work on butlers. I don't play with household servants whom I can't control, it never works out well for me. Maybe maids once in a while, but they shouldn't be cooking anyway.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    There are mods that will prevent actively controlled sims from autonomously preparing recipes for which the ingredients are not already in stock or not available to them (e.g., no fridge shopping). I don't know if those work on butlers. I don't play with households servants whom I can't control, it never works out well for me. Maybe maids once in a while, but they shouldn't be cooking anyway.

That reminds me I hired a maid once in an old save, she came in and immediately started making herself a hotdog. She got mad when fired.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
    edited February 2018
    polrbear wrote: »
    There are mods that will prevent actively controlled sims from autonomously preparing recipes for which the ingredients are not already in stock or not available to them (e.g., no fridge shopping). I don't know if those work on butlers. I don't play with households servants whom I can't control, it never works out well for me. Maybe maids once in a while, but they shouldn't be cooking anyway.

That reminds me I hired a maid once in an old save, she came in and immediately started making herself a hotdog. She got mad when fired.
    What I meant was maids shouldn't be cooking platters of food to serve to their employers as it's not part of their job responsibilities. Some of them will goof off, although when they get hungry I usually see them eating soup, ice cream or other quick snacks. Can't really be annoyed at them for that. Maybe this one just liked to cook?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

What I meant was maids shouldn't be cooking platters of food to serve to their employers as it's not part of their job responsibilities. Some of them will goof off, although when they get hungry I usually see them eating soup, ice cream or other quick snacks. Can't really be annoyed at them for that. Maybe this one just liked to cook?

That's exactly my point though LOL, it isn't her job to be cooking... :D She was supposed to be cleaning though, so I had to fire her. After that I was too scared to hire maids.

I had okay luck with Butlers though. I got Helen who has really look traits, so much so I added her to the family and she married the heir. But before I took control of her she would drink a lot. That I totally let happen though, because I thought it was hilarious.

She was good with cleaning everything all the time though, still is. I can ignore her all day and she'll just clean.

That's exactly my point though LOL, it isn't her job to be cooking... :D She was supposed to be cleaning though, so I had to fire her. After that I was too scared to hire maids.

I had okay luck with Butlers though. I got Helen who has really look traits, so much so I added her to the family and she married the heir. But before I took control of her she would drink a lot. That I totally let happen though, because I thought it was hilarious.

She was good with cleaning everything all the time though, still is. I can ignore her all day and she'll just clean.

It's funny how the butlers diverse... I had one butler that was just cooking and cooking all day, there were babies at the household and he didn't help with them at all (aren't they supposed to help with the kids too?) and in the rest of the time he was just sitting. Another butler I have now cleans, she doesn't cook unless asked for, and she read books / drinks a lot at the rest of the time. I guess it has something to do with the household they get into in the first place.

It's funny how the butlers diverse... I had one butler that was just cooking and cooking all day, there were babies at the household and he didn't help with them at all (aren't they supposed to help with the kids too?) and in the rest of the time he was just sitting. Another butler I have now cleans, she doesn't cook unless asked for, and she read books / drinks a lot at the rest of the time. I guess it has something to do with the household they get into in the first place.

Taking control of them is pretty useful. They come with maxed cooking and handiness. The one I got this time even had the handy trait, so she never gets electrocuted. She became their daughter in law now, but for a while I just used her to produce massive amounts of food, and upgrade everything in the house. Now, like I said, I can just ignore her and she'll clean, or get a baby. Now they're her babies that she had with the heir :) but yeah, she got really good traits...

But yeah, a long time this one butler I had refused to sleep. Yeah, I did double check and his bed was assigned to him so I wasn't sure of the issue.

That guy also went though a period where he kept brushing his teeth repeatedly. Who knows why LOL
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    This isn't a sims logic fail but a sims game logic fail. I downloaded a combo consignment shop and laundromat that was smaller, so I could free up some other lots.

The laundromat must have used the one set of washers and dryers from the store I don't have. Rather than replace them with washers/dryers I did have, it replaced them with stoves and refrigerators instead! LOL :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited February 2018
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    This isn't a sims logic fail but a sims game logic fail. I downloaded a combo consignment shop and laundromat that was smaller, so I could free up some other lots.

The laundromat must have used the one set of washers and dryers from the store I don't have. Rather than replace them with washers/dryers I did have, it replaced them with stoves and refrigerators instead! LOL :D
    If you had the time, you could try using a mod to change the script classes of those appliances so that they act as expected. Then have hours (okay, minutes) of fun watching unsuspecting sims washing their clothes in a stove and drying them in the fridge. The novelty might wear off pretty quickly though, and I don't think the required slots would be in the correct places for the animations to look right.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    In sims 3 pets its crazy how a sim can walk up to a wild animal and talk to it, let it sniff them what ever they feel like..... in real life most likely would be running!
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Speaking of wild animals, you can just tame a unicorn and take it home with you.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    In Sims 3 all clothing is destructable with one exception....

Underwear

DIIWg6o.png

NFeede0.png

Sims 3 girls,rockin asbestos panties since 2009

:|

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @CravenLestat That's fantastic! Don't forget, it now comes with added zombie-bear-proofing for your catacomb-exploring convenience.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @CravenLestat That's fantastic! Don't forget, it now comes with added zombie-bear-proofing for your catacomb-exploring convenience.

:D:D:D

Exactly why they don't let you tab key exploring the catacombs

You run into a zombie bear who mauls you,but hey, you found a seed and a cool book to read after you pee yourself

jGBbwcm.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @CravenLestat Holy *****! Why would you do that to me right before bedtime?! Speaking of peeing yourself. Now I'm gonna have to sleep with the light on... and the TV... and a baseball bad under my bed... Wait, do you think that thing could be under my bed?! Oh god...
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat I left you an awesome for your asbestos panties post but I simply cannot for that gif! I am thoroughly terrified and will never sleep with the lights off again :astonished:
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    You can carry a bunch of furniture (even your car!) around in your backpack/inventory.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    You can cook waffles, grilled cheese and mac and cheese at level 0 of the cooking skill, but have to get to level 1 to prepare a simple peanut butter and jelly. :|
    edited February 2018
    You can cook waffles, grilled cheese and mac and cheese at level 0 of the cooking skill, but have to get to level 1 to prepare a simple peanut butter and jelly. :|
    Not to mention in addition to that skill point you have to study a recipe book for hours and have traveled to a foreign country to even find it (without mods) in order to be able to prepare a cheese plate. I mean, I guess it takes great skill to slop some cheese, crackers, and condiments onto a plate and arrange them artistically. Not everyone should even attempt it, there must be a danger of burning the house down or offending everyone around you or something if it's not done just right. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Not to mention in addition to that skill point you have to study a recipe book for hours and have traveled to a foreign country to even find it (without mods) in order to be able to prepare a cheese plate. I mean, I guess it takes great skill to slop some cheese, crackers, and condiments onto a plate and arrange them artistically. Not everyone should even attempt it, there must be a danger of burning the house down or offending everyone around you or something if it's not done just right. ;)

Ah yes, how could I forget? Everything has to be absolutely perfect, or else something could go horribly wrong - that’s why Sims spend so long learning how to make a cheese plate.

“The brie has to be exactly 5 cm away from the water crackers, if you’re off by a single millimetre, you’ll open a portal to the void…”

“And don’t even think of putting the gouda next to the grapes, or you’ll offend the Grim Reaper himself. Would you like to die by cheese plate? I think not!”

Back to the PB&J now… I shudder to imagine what must happen when you don’t get the ratio of peanut butter to jelly just right. Clearly, this is not one for unskilled cooks to make.
    I don't know if someone already wrote that - but THE FINANACIAL SYSTEM! :neutral:
    I mean, I find myself working very hard to get to the point where my are not swimming in cash. Currently I have a household of 13 sims including YA, teens, children, toddlers and babies (which divide more or less evenly), a butler+maid+babysitter are hired as well - and only at this point they starting to struggle a little like in real life.
    Though I did give them "a loan" (=family funds cheat) to buy the house.
    Speaking of loans - I wish there was a bank / more intercations / animations that are money related. Not because I'm so capitalist, it's just that I like as much realism in my game. (I know there are mods+CC items for that)
    moSW2Eh.jpg

d2HCYBs.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, my level 10 painter.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

I think EA did that so sims could have something to prepare for breakfast, lunch and dinner at level 0.

Do the NRaaS mods unlock the foreign recipes or do I need a different mod? Sometimes I can see recipe books in my MultiTab 6000 and sometimes I cannot. I haven't figured out the difference yet.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top