Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    XskyeXXskyeX Posts: 22 Member
    So far, it's just only one dog doing this, and she does have the couch potato trait! Maybe her passing out like this is supposed to be normal... My only suspicion, if this is to be the case, is that it's a bit of a dramatic event when she does pass out. A negative sound comes on, and she stumbles and shakes before falling on her side. In the past, I had a dog with this particular trait as well, but I've never had experiences with them passing out like this before, so it's a bit of a surprise.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    XskyeX wrote: »
    So far, it's just only one dog doing this, and she does have the couch potato trait! Maybe her passing out like this is supposed to be normal... My only suspicion, if this is to be the case, is that it's a bit of a dramatic event when she does pass out. A negative sound comes on, and she stumbles and shakes before falling on her side. In the past, I had a dog with this particular trait as well, but I've never had experiences with them passing out like this before, so it's a bit of a surprise.

Perhaps try testing with another dog who has the couch potato trait now, and see if the same thing occurs with that dog also.
  • Options
    Okay, I made a new household with a new dog on the same save file, and the dog has Jumpy, Friendly, and Couch Potato for traits. (Stating this just incase it may be relevant) I took the dog out to walk, and let him roam around freely for a whole Sim day, and they haven't passed out at all, so far.

Then I decided to create a twin of my main household's dog (the one who passes out) to see if anything would happen to her as well, and she too has a couch potato trait just like her twin. I gave it the same amount of time, did the same procedure with walking her and letting her roam around, and she hasn't passed out at all either.

So I'm guessing that it's just the original dog that is the bugged one. I can't quite decipher what exactly makes her pass out so frequently when the other two dogs have not had the issue, my guess is that it's because she's been around before the last couple patches, but in the mean time, I'll just have to replace her.
  • Options
    Okay, I made a new household with a new dog on the same save file, and the dog has Jumpy, Friendly, and Couch Potato for traits. (Stating this just incase it may be relevant) I took the dog out to walk, and let him roam around freely for a whole Sim day, and they haven't passed out at all, so far.

Then I decided to create a twin of my main household's dog (the one who passes out) to see if anything would happen to her as well, and she too has a couch potato trait just like her twin. I gave it the same amount of time, did the same procedure with walking her and letting her roam around, and she hasn't passed out at all either.

So I'm guessing that it's just the original dog that is the bugged one. I can't quite decipher what exactly makes her pass out so frequently when the other two dogs have not had the issue, my guess is that it's because she's been around before the last couple patches, but in the mean time, I'll just have to replace her.

I am sorry :( There does sound as if there is an issue with that particular dog.
  • Options
    No need to apologize! You have done nothing wrong at all. :smiley: I really appreciate your help though. Thank you so much for the suggestions and patience with my issue. It truly helped a lot. If the issue starts to persist again, I'll come back and leave an update.
  • Options
    No need to apologize! You have done nothing wrong at all. :smiley: I really appreciate your help though. Thank you so much for the suggestions and patience with my issue. It truly helped a lot. If the issue starts to persist again, I'll come back and leave an update.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Turner101Turner101 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue where I download a pet off the Gallery and when I load them in they're completely blacked out? I've not got any mods so if anyone can help me out then much appreciated
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Turner101 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where I download a pet off the Gallery and when I load them in they're completely blacked out? I've not got any mods so if anyone can help me out then much appreciated

Hello @Turner101
    This issue was fixed in a patch, but may still be affecting pets that were uploaded before the patch fix. Try seeing if adding some paint helps, then re-upload and see if it that helps or if continues to be black.
  • Options
    DippyNikkiDippyNikki Posts: 1 New Member
    I've noticed a few pet related issues that are making the game unplayable.

1) if you cancel the "on walk" command whilst a sim is walking the dog (for example you need the SIM to use the bathroom) the SIM will just freeze on the spot until the full length or the original walk is completed

2) puppies aren't eating. Newborn puppies won't go to food or eat

3) multiple food bowls seems to confuse the pet ai so they don't eat at all. I've got 6 food bowls and they're all full (but two have the missing bowl glitch) yet my dog isn't eating and keeps running away

4) on of my dogs ai seems to glitches with multiple toy boxes on the same floor. When he's not complaining about needing to pee, he's systematically moving all the toys from one toy box to another, over and over untill he passes out

5) the pet actions are cancelling out toddler interactions and causing some to freeze on the spot until they pass out. I bathed a puppy then queued a "pick up toddler" action, my SIM ended up bathing the puppy for a full day then freezing on the spot until they passed out once I cancelled all its actions

Seriously I'm tempted to ask for my money back. I spent two days building a huge house then playing to build a family and breed some puppies, but the moment they interact the game is unplayable. So angry at it that I'm not going to play anymore
  • Options
    DippyNikki wrote: »
    I've noticed a few pet related issues that are making the game unplayable.

1) if you cancel the "on walk" command whilst a sim is walking the dog (for example you need the SIM to use the bathroom) the SIM will just freeze on the spot until the full length or the original walk is completed

2) puppies aren't eating. Newborn puppies won't go to food or eat

3) multiple food bowls seems to confuse the pet ai so they don't eat at all. I've got 6 food bowls and they're all full (but two have the missing bowl glitch) yet my dog isn't eating and keeps running away

4) on of my dogs ai seems to glitches with multiple toy boxes on the same floor. When he's not complaining about needing to pee, he's systematically moving all the toys from one toy box to another, over and over untill he passes out

5) the pet actions are cancelling out toddler interactions and causing some to freeze on the spot until they pass out. I bathed a puppy then queued a "pick up toddler" action, my SIM ended up bathing the puppy for a full day then freezing on the spot until they passed out once I cancelled all its actions

Seriously I'm tempted to ask for my money back. I spent two days building a huge house then playing to build a family and breed some puppies, but the moment they interact the game is unplayable. So angry at it that I'm not going to play anymore

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm wondering if there was any solution to this particular issue, or if it's just me. (Hopefully not)

My dog keeps passing out, even when they do go to sleep normally. This often happens when I have to walk them, and even when they're wandering around the house, autonomously. There have been times when, just like others here, my dog has ran away. However, since the new patch came out today, I haven't played the game enough to see if they still do so.

I've tried playing with my custom content disabled, I do not have the MC Command Center mod, I've cleared my cache, and also repaired the game via Origin, but the problem still persists. I'm not entirely sure what more I can do.

Hello, hello.

I've decided to quote myself in order to re-iterate what my issue was for clarification reasons. Not very long ago, I said I'd come back to post an update about my previous issue if the problem were to ever persist. To say the very least, the problem has resurfaced, even with the new dog. I noticed that the problem began as soon as the dog ran away, despite giving her attention. When the dog finally returned to the lot, she started to pass out, even when she wasn't going on a walk. I figure that I should just set aside having a pet in the household for the time being, but if there are any more suggestions, I'm open to them!
  • Options
    Hello, I'm wondering if there was any solution to this particular issue, or if it's just me. (Hopefully not)

My dog keeps passing out, even when they do go to sleep normally. This often happens when I have to walk them, and even when they're wandering around the house, autonomously. There have been times when, just like others here, my dog has ran away. However, since the new patch came out today, I haven't played the game enough to see if they still do so.

I've tried playing with my custom content disabled, I do not have the MC Command Center mod, I've cleared my cache, and also repaired the game via Origin, but the problem still persists. I'm not entirely sure what more I can do.

Hello, hello.

I've decided to quote myself in order to re-iterate what my issue was for clarification reasons. Not very long ago, I said I'd come back to post an update about my previous issue if the problem were to ever persist. To say the very least, the problem has resurfaced, even with the new dog. I noticed that the problem began as soon as the dog ran away, despite giving her attention. When the dog finally returned to the lot, she started to pass out, even when she wasn't going on a walk. I figure that I should just set aside having a pet in the household for the time being, but if there are any more suggestions, I'm open to them!

Hello
    Does the new dog have the couch potato trait also ? Try testing with a dog that doesn’t have that trait, to see if the issue occurs with them as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Does the new dog have the couch potato trait also ? Try testing with a dog that doesn’t have that trait, to see if the issue occurs with them as well.

Yeah, the dog also has the couch potato trait. I've tried out a dog with Hunter, Glutton, and Playful as their traits and took him out for a walk. So far nothing has happened but I'll do a test run where the dog runs away and see what happens when they come back to the lot.

Update: I couldn't get the new dog to run away, but after some time of letting ihim roam around autonomously, the dog started passing out.
    Post edited by XskyeX on
  • Options
    UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    I had a problem with my sim not examining pets, I tried replacing the exam table and even moving it, and still no luck. :/
  • Options
    Unicornz wrote: »
    I had a problem with my sim not examining pets, I tried replacing the exam table and even moving it, and still no luck. :/

Hello
    If this is the first time that this has occured, try having your sim return to their home. Then have him travel back to the Vet Clinic and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    Thanks @rosemow , it works now! :)
  • Options
    Juliet2113Juliet2113 Posts: 1 New Member
    The "become companions" interaction is missing and I can't scold my cat when she scratches furniture/jumps on counters/etc. Any ideas on how to fix?
  • Options
    Juliet2113 wrote: »
    The "become companions" interaction is missing and I can't scold my cat when she scratches furniture/jumps on counters/etc. Any ideas on how to fix?

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    ObriensaraObriensara Posts: 1 New Member
    Ever since I first got cats and dogs, I haven't been able to make one in create a sim, it just glitches to a white screen and prevents me from exiting. I've had to adopt all my pets. But today I tried it and it glitched AGAIN but now even turning off my computer won't exit it. What else can I try?
  • Options
    Obriensara wrote: »
    Ever since I first got cats and dogs, I haven't been able to make one in create a sim, it just glitches to a white screen and prevents me from exiting. I've had to adopt all my pets. But today I tried it and it glitched AGAIN but now even turning off my computer won't exit it. What else can I try?

Hello @Obriensara
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Options
    ZeriaxZeriax Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Tawuwa;c-16161211"]
    - Your dog can't breed with a dog outside your household (the interaction does happen but they just growl and hate each other, I've tried that like 100 times by now. Both are surely opposite genders and un-neutered). I was looking forward to breed a golden retriever puppy for my family's daughter and I added the male dog to a different family, but I guess I gotta borrow the male dog from the other family until they're more friendly to each other and has bred successfully xD.

[/quote]

I have no idea if this has been mentioned already, and I know this is way after you posted, but the breeding success isn't dependent on pet relationships, it's based on the sims relationship with the two pets. Make your sim be friends with the other dog, then try breeding and it should work I believe.
  • Options
    haz20901haz20901 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i bought sims 4 pets and have found an issue as to when your sim goes to pick up a small dog (only one ive used so far) it will not work along with a few other commands
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    haz20901 wrote: »
    Hi i bought sims 4 pets and have found an issue as to when your sim goes to pick up a small dog (only one ive used so far) it will not work along with a few other commands

Hello @haz20901
    Try having your sim interact with another small dog and see if the issues remain,

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've run into an issue where I can no longer encourage dogs to potty outside. I'm clicking everywhere and the option is missing.
    I've removed all my mods, and it's still happening.
    I might try re-installing the game to see if that fixes anything.

Oh, and for some reason, the dogs' "moods" are always in the red. They eat normally and seem fine, so I have no idea why this is.