Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Thank you! @rosemow
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Is it allowed to give a workaround here ? It's mostly what Desirai said and maybe some others. And since I can't quote (yet) the format is a bit absurd and long.

It's not really a fix (I also want to add a couple related issues), but it's a bit of a work around for me though, so here it is (I played a stock game, no mods, no nothing, only all official EPs,GPs, and some Stuffs). My first try is always go Plan Outfits, somehow that temporarily fixes most bug I've had encountered.

@Desirai said:

> -I think I remember reading they supposedly fixed the time jump mess. They didn't. When sims are sleeping, time will show it speeding through 5 am, 6am, 7 am, but when it pauses, it's only 1am.
    1. Return to normal speed every hour, still skipping, but it's not much.

> -Sims wake up over and over and over during the night. I tried different beds, then thought maybe the pets were waking them up, so I locked the doors. No change.
    2. Pets can wake sims up from a mile away, even behind walls, or outside of your lot. Click on them to check if they had the lecture option. Sometimes sims also wake up right after they slept. But the sleep action is still on the queue and it's bugged. Other than that, I dunno.

> -Sims refuse to use kitchen sinks. I built a kitchen on one end of the house and bathroom on the other, using exact same sink in each room. Sims go to the bathroom sink every time to wash dishes or get water.
    3. I just use a dishwasher. They do prefer bathroom sinks (even if its further than the dishwasher and no, the dishwasher aren't in use) though after pets. Maybe something got to do with that ?

> -If a sim is near a wall inside the house, the pet will drop a gift OUTSIDE the house as if standing in front of the sim. Sim will then run outside to inspect the gift.
    4. This issue is a bit more complicated, if you try to cancel the inspect action while doing other actions it WILL always repeat itself automatically. Resetsim is your friend if you're low on time.

> -Likewise, sims have sometimes picked up pets through the wall when the pet was on top of the dresser in the bedroom and the sim was outside the bedroom
    5. Not just through the wall, I've seen some pets picked up from behind the sims, weird pets standing animation (their texture is stretched as high as the sims and had a 'click' sound like when swapping clothes)

> -Occasionally after scooping litter boxes, the litter box will still look grungy and have the stinky cloud around it as if it hasnt been cleaned.
    6. Put it in your household inventory and take it out again, the same also happens after you bath your pet, if one of your pet greeted you, somehow your sim will enter the bath and it will become permanently dirty, even if it's fully upgraded.

> -When festivals are in town, all the decorations for all the festivals are layered on top of each other on the lot, making the lot laggy and unplayable. I am pretty sure this is an old issue that still hasn't been fixed.
    7. To prevent this, when the festival is about to end (say it's from 11:00am-5:00pm) come to the festival around 4:50, wait until the game dissapear all the items, and it's done. I only need to do it once (Geek Con vs Romance) but maybe differ for others.

> -Obvious memory leak issues that will probably never be fixed
    8. Alt f4 when the game gets laggy, I think they did automatically clear all the caches when the game crashes ?

9. Pets don't wanna pee on apartments ? Well they cannot control elevators so you either have to call em down, or take em for a walk, or let them pee inside and let the robot cleaners do their job. I thought this is intended. Although they can go down themselves if they wanted to. Maybe the devs overlooked this one ?

10. Some veterinarians love singing a lot. I think it's something with their responsibility level. If I fire them I usually get a more, discipline vets.

11. The food bowl missing has to do something with plates. If say you move to a different lot while sims are eating, sometimes their foods goes into inventory right ? Since pet doesn't have an inventory, it's gone. My conclusion.

12. If you need more stray pets, come to the lighthouse, revive a ghost pet you like and it's automatically added to your household (well in my case anyway). I think there is a bunch of them around. Even a special Captain Whitaker (like Mayor Whiskers, but a dog. A chesapeake bay retriever). Oh the ghost pets looks more pleasant than the strays and they don't sick so it's good.

13. My friendly cat loves to greet me, though I hate that my sims animation is stun locked in place waiting for them. Or sometimes just auto resetsim (by the game). I think this one is intended but it's a bit frustating.

14. Kittens stuck on cat tower ? I think because it's regarded as a spawnpoint. So they sometimes got a bad luck. Hope they fix this one.

15. Your Adoption services stuck ? Talk with them for a bit and cancel the action, it's usually continues. Or like a said, Plan outfits. Resetsim.

16. At times when say, two customers coming to my restaurant, one of them is not served drinks, or they just talk. So they always give me a bad rating. Can't even get 3 stars. Felt something has to do with the restriction of pets on special lots (although it's never restricted somehow my pets never actually enters the building, only staying outside).

Don't know if any of this has been patched or even related to pets, but this happens after I got pets. Haven't really got the time to play it again though. If any has been fixed well then forgive me for being a bit lazy.

P.S. : This is a clean slate game (I reinstalled, Start a new game) And I think I have poured around 300 hrs into it (Maxed all skills, Jobs, got all aspirations, Most achievements, traits including parenthood-toddlers, a $800.000 house and currently at 8 million simoleans). My sim is a Grand Master Vampire, A girl, Young Adult. 4 Sims 4 Pets household, 4 young adults, 2 adult big dogs, and 2 cats. If it has anything to do with it.

It's always my routine to start fresh when a new big updates come in. Because something always broke something here.

And no. It's not computer issues.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    Cookie0306Cookie0306 Posts: 9 New Member
    So this isn't specifically a pet issue but it is because of the pets update. Ever since I updated the game I always get the "last exception caught by MCCC" (I have the mc command mod) whenever any of my sims do anything. It is highly annoying and I don't know how to fix it. I have done several batch fixes, I've updated all my mods, removed all cc that don't work with the update and nothing has worked
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Cookie0306 wrote: »
    So this isn't specifically a pet issue but it is because of the pets update. Ever since I updated the game I always get the "last exception caught by MCCC" (I have the mc command mod) whenever any of my sims do anything. It is highly annoying and I don't know how to fix it. I have done several batch fixes, I've updated all my mods, removed all cc that don't work with the update and nothing has worked

Hello
    You may like to post your last exception files on the MCCC mod Discord channel and simmers there may be able to help you find the cause of the issues,
    https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr
  • Options
    NamesYumsNamesYums Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having an issue where my spayed cat constantly gets pregnant. She's had 6 kittens so far. First one, given up for adoption. The second time she had triplets, sold all three. And the third time she had twins, both given up for adoption. I have one male dog, the female cat, sim parents and a child. All these kittens are making it hard for me to continue to grow my family seeing as they count as a part of the household count. I'm just about ready to go into cas and make her a male to avoid these issues. Its also frustrating because as a cat lover, my female sim gets extremely sad every time I have to get rid of the unwanted kittens.
  • Options
    NamesYums wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where my spayed cat constantly gets pregnant. She's had 6 kittens so far. First one, given up for adoption. The second time she had triplets, sold all three. And the third time she had twins, both given up for adoption. I have one male dog, the female cat, sim parents and a child. All these kittens are making it hard for me to continue to grow my family seeing as they count as a part of the household count. I'm just about ready to go into cas and make her a male to avoid these issues. Its also frustrating because as a cat lover, my female sim gets extremely sad every time I have to get rid of the unwanted kittens.

Hello @NamesYums
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Spayed-cat-gone-into-labor/m-p/6463025#M53612
  • Options
    Kjm450Kjm450 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anybody had the problem of in CAS when I tried to create a dog it glitched and don't let me interact with any other thing on my computer like it freezes everything except my mouse?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Kjm450 wrote: »
    Has anybody had the problem of in CAS when I tried to create a dog it glitched and don't let me interact with any other thing on my computer like it freezes everything except my mouse?

Hello @Kjm450
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links
  • Options
    fongfongfongfong Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have a problem of missing tables and kitchen counters after updating. I am not using any CCs. I tried to remove everything from the Mods folder but doesnt work. Installed the S4S software to fix the batch - doesn't work. And weirdly, only some of those kitchen counters/tables are having a script call error, some work perfectly fine... What should I do to get them back?
  • Options
    fongfong wrote: »
    Hello, I have a problem of missing tables and kitchen counters after updating. I am not using any CCs. I tried to remove everything from the Mods folder but doesnt work. Installed the S4S software to fix the batch - doesn't work. And weirdly, only some of those kitchen counters/tables are having a script call error, some work perfectly fine... What should I do to get them back?

Hello @fongfong
    If you have any cc/mods ( not just tables and counters) in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test your current game again.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thought I'd share my issues even though they may have been mentioned,
    - Pets rarely interact with each other
    - When I direct a pet to be friendly to another pet nothing happens (this makes it difficult for pets to gain a friendly relationship with each other, making breeding very difficult)
    - I've been getting a mix of too many strays vs no strays what so ever in my game, sometimes they're everywhere, sometimes they don't show at all even with the lot traits that should attract them
    - There's absolutely no sims walking their dogs in the other worlds besides brindleton bay
    - There's absolutely no strays in the other worlds unless the appropriate lot traits are applied to said lot, even this proves to be problematic
    - When I visit other lots, specifically lots with the dog friendly trait that attracts pet owners to visit with their dog, specifically the dog park in Brindleton Bay already enabled with training equipment and toys, pet owners for the most part ignore their pets, they interact every once in a while but they don't play fetch, teach them tricks, run through the course with them, they don't do much with their pets, I really would like to see other sims playing with their dogs, they don't even feed their pet if they're hungry
    - There are some decorative objects in Brindleton Bay that appear to float, I've seen a flower shrub most recently in the district with the dog park
    - Learned behaviours don't seem to work, my dog still eats the cat poop even though I've recieved the message that she's learned not to eat poop about five times after scolding her

These are most of the issues that I can think of right now, I do have one suggestion though, could the developers please make the decorative birds in the other worlds interactive? Also those woohoo bushes in Windenburg explorable for pets? It would make those other worlds that much more interesting for pets to live in.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    - When I direct a pet to be friendly to another pet nothing happens (this makes it difficult for pets to gain a friendly relationship with each other, making breeding very difficult)
    - I've been getting a mix of too many strays vs no strays what so ever in my game, sometimes they're everywhere, sometimes they don't show at all even with the lot traits that should attract them
    - There's absolutely no sims walking their dogs in the other worlds besides brindleton bay
    - There's absolutely no strays in the other worlds unless the appropriate lot traits are applied to said lot, even this proves to be problematic
    - When I visit other lots, specifically lots with the dog friendly trait that attracts pet owners to visit with their dog, specifically the dog park in Brindleton Bay already enabled with training equipment and toys, pet owners for the most part ignore their pets, they interact every once in a while but they don't play fetch, teach them tricks, run through the course with them, they don't do much with their pets, I really would like to see other sims playing with their dogs, they don't even feed their pet if they're hungry
    - There are some decorative objects in Brindleton Bay that appear to float, I've seen a flower shrub most recently in the district with the dog park
    - Learned behaviours don't seem to work, my dog still eats the cat poop even though I've recieved the message that she's learned not to eat poop about five times after scolding her

These are most of the issues that I can think of right now, I do have one suggestion though, could the developers please make the decorative birds in the other worlds interactive? Also those woohoo bushes in Windenburg explorable for pets? It would make those other worlds that much more interesting for pets to live in.

Hello
    It is by design that strays will only be in Brindleton Bay. The Simgurus talked about that in one of the livecasts leading up to the release of the pack.
    With the pets not interacting with each other, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-wont-interact/m-p/6486536#M54794
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    It is by design that strays will only be in Brindleton Bay. The Simgurus talked about that in one of the livecasts leading up to the release of the pack.
    With the pets not interacting with each other, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-wont-interact/m-p/6486536#M54794

Thank you, it is quite a shame that strays only appear in Brindleton Bay, hopefully they change that, and I've left a Me Too on the thread you linked.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thank you, it is quite a shame that strays only appear in Brindleton Bay, hopefully they change that, and I've left a Me Too on the thread you linked.

You’re welcome.
  • Options
    llamadramasimsllamadramasims Posts: 9 New Member
    My fox had the weirdest animation ever where it seemed like he was having both a heart attack and was electrocuted at the same time... he turned super thin and died of - you guessed it - starvation!! TWICE!|! I could never ask what was wrong and he was always red for no reason. He ate and did everything on his own and still he died.
    OR did he?!
    Because he still appears on my relationship panel and even with a tombstone in the yard I have yet to see a ghost. My sim tried calling him (which is ridiculous btw) and I got a notification saying he was sleeping.
    There was an animation issue like this in another forum but no death... :(
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Erabeth wrote: »
    My fox had the weirdest animation ever where it seemed like he was having both a heart attack and was electrocuted at the same time... he turned super thin and died of - you guessed it - starvation!! TWICE!|! I could never ask what was wrong and he was always red for no reason. He ate and did everything on his own and still he died.
    OR did he?!
    Because he still appears on my relationship panel and even with a tombstone in the yard I have yet to see a ghost. My sim tried calling him (which is ridiculous btw) and I got a notification saying he was sleeping.
    There was an animation issue like this in another forum but no death... :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue
    Try placing the tombstone in your household inventory. Then place it back into the world and see if he may come back as a ghost.
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    There's a gltich of the pet constantly vomiting and falling over.
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2018
    There's a gltich of the pet constantly vomiting and falling over.

Hello @QueenWeird58
    Some simmers have found that having the Anything goes Party bush item that came with Get Together Pack has caused this issue. If you have that on the lot, try removing it and see if that helps.
  • Options
    nutz2humanitynutz2humanity Posts: 2 New Member
    Currently have a dog ‘stuck’ in a section of terrain behind the toilets in the parklet (centre of Forgotten Hollow) - companion sims can’t call the pet to any effect other than ‘I can’t do that’: reset sim Max Agony, reset Sim Max Agony don’t affect, nor does testing cheats followed by these commands.
    Any hints?
  • Options
    nutz2humanitynutz2humanity Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, I have no idea why I’m identified as merely ‘a’ - there are several other letters attached
  • Options
    a wrote: »
    Currently have a dog ‘stuck’ in a section of terrain behind the toilets in the parklet (centre of Forgotten Hollow) - companion sims can’t call the pet to any effect other than ‘I can’t do that’: reset sim Max Agony, reset Sim Max Agony don’t affect, nor does testing cheats followed by these commands.
    Any hints?

Hello @a
    Try using these cheats to see if that helps

Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    resetSim Max Agony

Try having your other sims travel to another lot and then back again , then see if that helps.

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2018
    Does anybody know how I can clean-up/remove this plate under the bench? It's blocked by the bench.

Screenshot_40.png

It's a grill area outside in the open where build and buy mode can not reach.
    There is no automatic clean-up either when leaving the game and come back.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Does anybody know how I can clean-up/remove this plate under the bench? It's blocked by the bench.

Screenshot_40.png

It's a grill area outside in the open where build and buy mode can not reach.

Hello
    If you have MCCC mod, try enabling the debug cheats in the settings of the mod, then shift click on the plate and click “ delete object”
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    thank you dear rose, but I do not have MCCC. Is there another way?
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “