Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Dawn767
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

So I followed directions, and I admit that I am somewhat computer illiterate, but I ended up deleting the Sims 4 folder and started fresh because moving it to desktop didn't seem to change anything. So I played my game after deleting the folder (still had my saved games) and my Sim will follow commands regarding cats when there is one cat, but when there are multiple cats my Sim just stands there with the commands in the queue. So I guess there is some improvement. I just bought this game, and maybe its clumsy but my Sim doesn't respond to cats and dogs like they would respond to other sims. I don't know if I need to get use to this expansion pack, or they are bugs.
    Time will tell.
  • Options
    And I repaired the game as soon as I downloaded it because I got an error message about my graphics card not being supported. I updated my nvidia geforce 920mx driver
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Dawn767 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello @Dawn767
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

So I followed directions, and I admit that I am somewhat computer illiterate, but I ended up deleting the Sims 4 folder and started fresh because moving it to desktop didn't seem to change anything. So I played my game after deleting the folder (still had my saved games) and my Sim will follow commands regarding cats when there is one cat, but when there are multiple cats my Sim just stands there with the commands in the queue. So I guess there is some improvement. I just bought this game, and maybe its clumsy but my Sim doesn't respond to cats and dogs like they would respond to other sims. I don't know if I need to get use to this expansion pack, or they are bugs.
    Time will tell.

Hello.
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try lowering your graphics settings and your in game screen resolution in Game options and see if that helps the issues.
    Try testing to see if the same thing occurs with other households in your save game.
    Try starting a fresh new save and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't understand why unplayed owners of pets don't take care of their pets when they get sick? There are two occasions of this: one household in Windenburg has a dog named Laika, and she's got fleas and drooling of the mouth and sometimes has a glowing nose. I thought the dog would be okay the next time I see it again. Several household switches later and I see Laika again somewhere, and the poor girl is still sick, while her owner is doing nothing about her illness! :cry:

Another example is another household in San Myshuno who has a little dog named Boots, who I've never seen outside their apartment. One time I had a household living in the same neighborhood to visit their neighbors, and poor Boots was found with similar symptoms as Laika, but no glowing nose or fleas, and this one seems to vomit everywhere and it makes me so sad..!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't understand why unplayed owners of pets don't take care of their pets when they get sick? There are two occasions of this: one household in Windenburg has a dog named Laika, and she's got fleas and drooling of the mouth and sometimes has a glowing nose. I thought the dog would be okay the next time I see it again. Several household switches later and I see Laika again somewhere, and the poor girl is still sick, while her owner is doing nothing about her illness! :cry:

Another example is another household in San Myshuno who has a little dog named Boots, who I've never seen outside their apartment. One time I had a household living in the same neighborhood to visit their neighbors, and poor Boots was found with similar symptoms as Laika, but no glowing nose or fleas, and this one seems to vomit everywhere and it makes me so sad..!

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-CD-Pets-needs-are-not-filled-while-playing-another/m-p/6460123#M53434
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    The adoption script is a mess. I guess you need an actual sofa for it to work. I tried to adopt a pet but it kept getting stuck in a loop with the person repeatedly knocking on the door. So I bought a sofa finally thinking that might be the problem, grouped the person with my sim and had them sit on the sofa together, then the script seem to kick in and ran like it was supposed to.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Jestina wrote: »
    The adoption script is a mess. I guess you need an actual sofa for it to work. I tried to adopt a pet but it kept getting stuck in a loop with the person repeatedly knocking on the door. So I bought a sofa finally thinking that might be the problem, grouped the person with my sim and had them sit on the sofa together, then the script seem to kick in and ran like it was supposed to.

Hello
    It is helpful to hear what helped in your game with the issue. It was good that having the sofa and having them sit together on it helped .
  • Options
    > Hello.
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    >
    > Try lowering your graphics settings and your in game screen resolution in Game options and see if that helps the issues.
    > Try testing to see if the same thing occurs with other households in your save game.
    > Try starting a fresh new save and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.

I did this and now my Sims are acting and reacting to cats as they should. thank you.
  • Options
    Dawn767 wrote: »
    > Hello.
    > Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    >
    > Try lowering your graphics settings and your in game screen resolution in Game options and see if that helps the issues.
    > Try testing to see if the same thing occurs with other households in your save game.
    > Try starting a fresh new save and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game also.

I did this and now my Sims are acting and reacting to cats as they should. thank you.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I'm not sure if that's C&D related or even a bug, but I've noticed it lately and it's a little strange. To the point, my Sims change from sleepwear to everyday outfit as soon as they're about to leave their bedrooms. I know they always do that after showering or going outside, but mine usually stay indoor. It's not a big problem, of course, but I sometimes wish they stay in their comfy pyjamas on weekends or days off, like it used to be.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if that's C&D related or even a bug, but I've noticed it lately and it's a little strange. To the point, my Sims change from sleepwear to everyday outfit as soon as they're about to leave their bedrooms. I know they always do that after showering or going outside, but mine usually stay indoor. It's not a big problem, of course, but I sometimes wish they stay in their comfy pyjamas on weekends or days off, like it used to be.

Hello
    Try testing to see if the same thing occurs with other households in your game.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

I've noticed it in two separate saves created before C&D. Out of curiosity, I've created a new save just now, and it appears there's no problem. Hm, weird...
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

I've noticed it in two separate saves created before C&D. Out of curiosity, I've created a new save just now, and it appears there's no problem. Hm, weird...

It may sometimes occur with some households and not other households. It may perhaps be a little random if and when it occurs.
  • Options
    elsinoreelsinore Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an issue where my cat always fails to mate with others. I am friends with both cats but they hiss whenever they try to mate. Most importantly, I do not have the option to tell my cat to "Be nice to" another pet, so I have no way to build a relationship between pets
  • Options
    elsinore wrote: »
    I have an issue where my cat always fails to mate with others. I am friends with both cats but they hiss whenever they try to mate. Most importantly, I do not have the option to tell my cat to "Be nice to" another pet, so I have no way to build a relationship between pets

Hello
    Some simmers are having issues when trying to have their pet mate with a pet that is not in their household. This may be the cause of your issue. Try having pets that are in your own household to try to mate together.
  • Options
    lmh2007lmh2007 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having a problem being a vet, it says a cat is ill, but will not let me cure it. The owner booked her in and left?
  • Options
    lmh2007 wrote: »
    I am having a problem being a vet, it says a cat is ill, but will not let me cure it. The owner booked her in and left?

Hello
    It may be best to close the Vet Clinic, Return back to your home lot. Then go back to the Clinic, reopen it again, and see if the issue remains or occurs again.
  • Options
    Hannah13Hannah13 Posts: 5 New Member
    Worried my puppy will die as it is stuck in the bottom level of of my appartment. Help
  • Options
    Hannah13 wrote: »
    Worried my puppy will die as it is stuck in the bottom level of of my appartment. Help

Hello
    Try having your sim travel to another lot , then back home again, and the reloading of the apartment may help with the issue with your dog being stuck there.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    - Paying bills from the phone
    - Yard sales
    - Dogs going potty when they live in apartments
    - Sick and dirty animals everywhere
    - Adoption works 50% of the time
    - Homework disappears constantly
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    - Paying bills from the phone
    - Yard sales
    - Dogs going potty when they live in apartments
    - Sick and dirty animals everywhere
    - Adoption works 50% of the time
    - Homework disappears constantly

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA site threads
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-CD-Pets-needs-are-not-filled-while-playing-another/m-p/6460123#M53434

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Yard-Sales-not-working-anymore/m-p/6405452#M49729

With the issue with dogs living in apartments going potty, you may like to start a new thread about the issue on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to assume this is the thread to post our Cats and Dogs bugs.
    I've had the EP since the week it was released, but have not played it one single time because I knew there would be bugs. I assumed the couple patches we've had since would have fixed bugs; maybe it did. Here are my bugs. I have custom wall colors, floor colors, and hairs, but I have NO mods, not even the NoMosaic one. I played the game without a Mods folder and with, and saw no significant difference in the amount of bugs. I have all expansion packs + all game packs except parenthood. This is about 10 real life hours of game play with 2 adult sims and 2 adult cats, playing in Brindleton Bay on a clean save file.

-I think I remember reading they supposedly fixed the time jump mess. They didn't. When sims are sleeping, time will show it speeding through 5 am, 6am, 7 am, but when it pauses, it's only 1am.
    -Sims wake up over and over and over during the night. I tried different beds, then thought maybe the pets were waking them up, so I locked the doors. No change.
    -Sims refuse to use kitchen sinks. I built a kitchen on one end of the house and bathroom on the other, using exact same sink in each room. Sims go to the bathroom sink every time to wash dishes or get water.
    -If a sim is near a wall inside the house, the pet will drop a gift OUTSIDE the house as if standing in front of the sim. Sim will then run outside to inspect the gift.
    -Likewise, sims have sometimes picked up pets through the wall when the pet was on top of the dresser in the bedroom and the sim was outside the bedroom
    -Occasionally after scooping litter boxes, the litter box will still look grungy and have the stinky cloud around it as if it hasnt been cleaned.
    -When festivals are in town, all the decorations for all the festivals are layered on top of each other on the lot, making the lot laggy and unplayable. I am pretty sure this is an old issue that still hasn't been fixed.
    -Obvious memory leak issues that will probably never be fixed
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    Desirai wrote: »
    I'm going to assume this is the thread to post our Cats and Dogs bugs.
    I've had the EP since the week it was released, but have not played it one single time because I knew there would be bugs. I assumed the couple patches we've had since would have fixed bugs; maybe it did. Here are my bugs. I have custom wall colors, floor colors, and hairs, but I have NO mods, not even the NoMosaic one. I played the game without a Mods folder and with, and saw no significant difference in the amount of bugs. I have all expansion packs + all game packs except parenthood. This is about 10 real life hours of game play with 2 adult sims and 2 adult cats, playing in Brindleton Bay on a clean save file.

-I think I remember reading they supposedly fixed the time jump mess. They didn't. When sims are sleeping, time will show it speeding through 5 am, 6am, 7 am, but when it pauses, it's only 1am.
    -Sims wake up over and over and over during the night. I tried different beds, then thought maybe the pets were waking them up, so I locked the doors. No change.
    -Sims refuse to use kitchen sinks. I built a kitchen on one end of the house and bathroom on the other, using exact same sink in each room. Sims go to the bathroom sink every time to wash dishes or get water.
    -If a sim is near a wall inside the house, the pet will drop a gift OUTSIDE the house as if standing in front of the sim. Sim will then run outside to inspect the gift.
    -Likewise, sims have sometimes picked up pets through the wall when the pet was on top of the dresser in the bedroom and the sim was outside the bedroom
    -Occasionally after scooping litter boxes, the litter box will still look grungy and have the stinky cloud around it as if it hasnt been cleaned.
    -When festivals are in town, all the decorations for all the festivals are layered on top of each other on the lot, making the lot laggy and unplayable. I am pretty sure this is an old issue that still hasn't been fixed.
    -Obvious memory leak issues that will probably never be fixed

Hello
    With the issue with the festival, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread to help the developers to know that it is still occurring in your game
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/m-p/6433737#M52132
    With some of the other issues that you are having, repairing the game and deleting the cache files may help.

To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    To delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Sorry if this is not the place for this but I'm new to the forums. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced their pets interacting with other non-household pets? For example, taking your dogs to the dog park, do they play with other sims dogs?

Watching the trailers, it seemed like that would be the case. Just wasn't sure if it was just me. Also, if this is the wrong thread or my forum etiquette is incorrect, please let me know. Thanks! :)
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    xKay_luvx wrote: »
    Sorry if this is not the place for this but I'm new to the forums. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced their pets interacting with other non-household pets? For example, taking your dogs to the dog park, do they play with other sims dogs?

Watching the trailers, it seemed like that would be the case. Just wasn't sure if it was just me. Also, if this is the wrong thread or my forum etiquette is incorrect, please let me know. Thanks! :)

Hello @xKay_luvx :) Welcome to the forums!
    Are you having issues that your pets aren’t i interacting with other non-household pets?
    If that is what is happening, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-CD-Pets-wont-interact/m-p/6486536#M54794