Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited January 2018
    Guess I have to install MCCC just to delete a stupid plate, huh ;)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited January 2018
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    thank you dear rose, but I do not have MCCC. Is there another way?

Hello @LuvMySimz
    I am not sure if it would work, but you could try using the “ set as head” cheat to put it on the head of your sim, then go to another lot, and reset the Sim. Make sure that you save the game before doing this, in case issues arise.
    Type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then shift click the plate and click “ set as head”.
  • Options
    @rosemow - Oh I was smart enough to try that already, without any result. The plate is still sitting there.
    This trick only works with adding objects like trash cans that EA missed out to place on some grill aeras.
    I had to add one with this trick just a few days ago to NEWCREST. That is where the plate is stucked under the bench
    where some NPC Sims where grilling.

I just downloaded MCCC and will delete it( hopefully) with this mod.

And EA is wondering why we use mods... Yea EA, thanks for not giving us intern tools to delete your mess.

Have you or anybody come across the fishing area in BRINDLETON BAY yet, where Sims fish in sand? LOL

• Options
    @rosemow - Oh I was smart enough to try that already, without any result. The plate is still sitting there.
    This trick only works with adding objects like trash cans that EA missed out to place on some grill aeras.
    I had to add one with this trick just a few days ago to NEWCREST. That is where the plate is stucked under the bench
    where some NPC Sims where grilling.

I just downloaded MCCC and will delete it( hopefully) with this mod.

And EA is wondering why we use mods... Yea EA, thanks for not giving us intern tools to delete your mess.

Have you or anybody come across the fishing area in BRINDLETON BAY yet, where Sims fish in sand? LOL

Hello
    There is information about the MCCC mod in this link
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/overview
    There is further information about the modules by clicking on the yellow titles on the site page.
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you have questions about any of the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
  • Options
    Thank you dear @rosemow . I was able to delete the stupid plate under the bench with MCCC.

A BIG THANK YOU to deaderpool for this AWESOME MOD.

• Options
    Thank you dear @rosemow . I was able to delete the stupid plate under the bench with MCCC.

A BIG THANK YOU to deaderpool for this AWESOME MOD.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    ZeoZeo Posts: 9 New Member
    My cat with the "Prowler" trait get hurt almost everyday and I need to send him to the vet all the time, this is quite time consuming and game breaking.
    (solution: lock my front door for my cats)

The "Skittish" trait is the worse one to have, your pet's are afraid of every interaction with objects that you Sim does and you need to stop what youre doing to confort them, as the pet instantly goes to the red bar, but the problem is that some interactions that your Sim are doing, cannot be interrupted or their lose their progress.
    (solution: delete your pet and create another without this)

My dog is swimming on the pool, while people complain about cat's on the balcony I find utterly disgusting to have dogs on the swimming pools, there's no interaction to scold or change their behavior.
    (solution: have a pool design with fences and fence gate and lock to your dog)

While on the vet, my Sim needs won't fill, while this sounds good, if go there with a lower need you will stick with a bad moodlet the whole time.
    (solution: fill all your needs before of go to the vet).

When you go to the vet clinic, there's ALWAYS someone ahead of you, wasting your time. This should be random.
  • Options
    Zeo wrote: »
    My cat with the "Prowler" trait get hurt almost everyday and I need to send him to the vet all the time, this is quite time consuming and game breaking.
    (solution: lock my front door for my cats)

The "Skittish" trait is the worse one to have, your pet's are afraid of every interaction with objects that you Sim does and you need to stop what youre doing to confort them, as the pet instantly goes to the red bar, but the problem is that some interactions that your Sim are doing, cannot be interrupted or their lose their progress.
    (solution: delete your pet and create another without this)

My dog is swimming on the pool, while people complain about cat's on the balcony I find utterly disgusting to have dogs on the swimming pools, there's no interaction to scold or change their behavior.
    (solution: have a pool design with fences and fence gate and lock to your dog)

While on the vet, my Sim needs won't fill, while this sounds good, if go there with a lower need you will stick with a bad moodlet the whole time.
    (solution: fill all your needs before of go to the vet).

When you go to the vet clinic, there's ALWAYS someone ahead of you, wasting your time. This should be random.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback about your sims needs not filling when at the vet clinic on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Cant-Fill-Needs-at-Vet-Appointments/m-p/6458468#M53398
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't seen anyone else post about this, but my sims will no longer just sit and finish a plate of food. They always get up 2-3 times while eating to pet their cat/dog, and then remain standing to eat until I direct them to sit down again... at which point they get up again in a few minutes to pet their cat/dog again. I get that we love our pets, but this is a bit ridiculous. Finish your dadgum food.
  • Options
    SimSiren3 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone else post about this, but my sims will no longer just sit and finish a plate of food. They always get up 2-3 times while eating to pet their cat/dog, and then remain standing to eat until I direct them to sit down again... at which point they get up again in a few minutes to pet their cat/dog again. I get that we love our pets, but this is a bit ridiculous. Finish your dadgum food.

Hello
    Is this occurring with all your households that have pets, or just certain ones?
  • Options
    MMDTrxshMMDTrxsh Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if anybody's posted about this or not, but my Sim's dog keeps dying from starvation. He glitches out and acts as if he were a normal Sim dying from starvation. I tried to repair the game and even removed my CC but nothing is working so far. The only thing stopping him from dying is cheat codes.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I have a couple with a cat and a dog, and on their first day the housewarming party showed up, my cat kept leaving the property, and there was no indication that my dog had to be let out of the house to go to the bathroom so he went on the floor. How is it my cat can leave the house and go wherever it wants but my dog is stuck and needs to be left out? Pets shouldn't be able to open doors, I understand that, but my cat kept escaping somehow. And my poor dog, I need something better than trying to hear the whining sounds as he was wanting to be let out while I was tracking down the cat. I should put a pet door in, but she was supposed to be an indoor cat. I guess EA doesn't understand that some people prefer not to risk their pets to the big wild dangerous world.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    MMDTrxsh wrote: »
    Not sure if anybody's posted about this or not, but my Sim's dog keeps dying from starvation. He glitches out and acts as if he were a normal Sim dying from starvation. I tried to repair the game and even removed my CC but nothing is working so far. The only thing stopping him from dying is cheat codes.

Hello @MMDTrxsh
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    I have a couple with a cat and a dog, and on their first day the housewarming party showed up, my cat kept leaving the property, and there was no indication that my dog had to be let out of the house to go to the bathroom so he went on the floor. How is it my cat can leave the house and go wherever it wants but my dog is stuck and needs to be left out? Pets shouldn't be able to open doors, I understand that, but my cat kept escaping somehow. And my poor dog, I need something better than trying to hear the whining sounds as he was wanting to be let out while I was tracking down the cat. I should put a pet door in, but she was supposed to be an indoor cat. I guess EA doesn't understand that some people prefer not to risk their pets to the big wild dangerous world.

Hello
    You need to teach your dog to go outside to the bathroom . There is an interaction on the dog to “ ask to go potty”. After a few times, he will learn to do it on his own, and the game will notify you about it.
  • Options
    MacropodmumMacropodmum Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but I am finding that my Gnomes trait seems "broken" on a house with a cat and dog. My guess is because they stay awake but the gnomes need everyone in the house to be asleep? My game is vanilla, no mods or cc
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but I am finding that my Gnomes trait seems "broken" on a house with a cat and dog. My guess is because they stay awake but the gnomes need everyone in the house to be asleep? My game is vanilla, no mods or cc

Hello @Macropodmum
    Another simmer has also posted about the gnome trait not workimg when it is on a lot with a pet in the household , on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Lot-Traits/td-p/6130414
  • Options
    MacropodmumMacropodmum Posts: 2 New Member
    Thankyou :)
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I recently had a heartbreaking bug, where I must have saved and logged off while a pet was missing-runaway, so now that I logged back to them I first got an error message, and on the second attempt to log that household on, the missing doggie was there but his icon was greyed out. He couldn't be called with the little whistle icon, nor could he be traveled with, it was like he wasn't there. He could be interacted straight though, since he was definitely on the lot.

I tried the usual fixes, resetting him, repairing game, traveling to another lot and back, reloading the game, no help. Then I googled a bit and found this bug-report-thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/m-p/6482683#M54506

I read through it, and from it I learned a workaround, but boy was it difficult to do. The fix is simply: the pet has to run away again and when he returns anew, the UI is fixed. Sharing this here in case someone else has similar problem: that's the bug-thread to go 'me too' report, and that's the only workaround I've found so far to fix it.

Fair warning: prepare to have your heart broken as you keep ignoring the pet who walks after you sadly and whines for attention.

ba334e6a2faf6af23ff74832e0d5d93c.png
    Case in point, feeling like a monster.

79f3847f0caebec20befea244b9fe7df.png
    Happy ending, at least.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hello @Lumiasta
    I am sorry that this issue occurred in your game :( I am glad that you were able to fix the problem by the pet running away again. Your dog is very cute! :)
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    79f3847f0caebec20befea244b9fe7df.png
    Happy ending, at least.

Oh man.. that is awful. So glad you got a happy ending. How long did it take for your pupper to run away again?

I would fret so much.. I would probably end up abandoning my game. In my current game, my pets have not yet run away. They are so well behaved, it isn't funny. I had a hard time training out bad behaviors. Personally, I don't mind my cat on the counter/table. The only thing I don't like is scratching, begging for food, eating poo, and playing in and licking puddles. What else is there?
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    @Fizzstix I didn't actually count the days, I think there must be a cooldown for running away and since he had just returned, I'm guessing it might have been easily a week. But as said, I forgot to count. 'n yes, it was heartbreaking.

I also never teach my cats (the family above has four dogs, but I have plenty of families with kitties) not to hop on counters, I think it's very feline and fun that they do.

Other lecture-able bad behaviors that I've seen are drinking from puddles, playing in puddles, scratching furniture (cats only), playing in trash, eating trash, knocking over trash cans (to get that trash to play/eat), waking sims up when they're sleeping, begging for food, eating human food, barking at sims (dogs only)... I think that's all I've seen, hmm.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    @Fizzstix I didn't actually count the days, I think there must be a cooldown for running away and since he had just returned, I'm guessing it might have been easily a week. But as said, I forgot to count. 'n yes, it was heartbreaking.

I also never teach my cats (the family above has four dogs, but I have plenty of families with kitties) not to hop on counters, I think it's very feline and fun that they do.

Other lecture-able bad behaviors that I've seen are drinking from puddles, playing in puddles, scratching furniture (cats only), playing in trash, eating trash, knocking over trash cans (to get that trash to play/eat), waking sims up when they're sleeping, begging for food, eating human food, barking at sims (dogs only)... I think that's all I've seen, hmm.

Hello
    This is list of actions that can be lectured about
    https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-pets-guide/#Behave
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Just an annoyance, but whenever my sims take their dogs for a walk, which generates a special collar, they don't reset to the collars/outfits assigned to them for quite some time when the walk is over.
  • Options
    NiknakodileNiknakodile Posts: 1 New Member
    I had an issue just a few days ago where my kitchen caught fire and instead of being able to extinguish the flames, my sims and pets just stood outside unable to interact with anything. The fire kept going around and around the house catching everything then reigniting. It was stuck in some sort of loop and my pets kept trying to go into the fire, come out singed but unharmed, and then run right back in. I have a feeling this is due to the pets pack since I have never experienced anything like that. I had to restart that household.