The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    milkyteamilkytea Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > milkytea wrote: »
    >
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    > > I am not sure if you can do this, but are you able to have a sim travel to another lot, then try to bring the pet to the lot?
    >
    > I can call them over once I travel to another lot, however it still does not fix the issue (I've even tried leashing them and walking them back to the home lot.) :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue there
    >

Will do! Thanks for all of your help :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,763 Member
    milkytea wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > milkytea wrote: »
    >
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    > > I am not sure if you can do this, but are you able to have a sim travel to another lot, then try to bring the pet to the lot?
    >
    > I can call them over once I travel to another lot, however it still does not fix the issue (I've even tried leashing them and walking them back to the home lot.) :/
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue there
    >

Will do! Thanks for all of your help :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Rosemow is Sims Guru Nick still suggesting Simmers should not delete Sims in the game - or is that issue solved? I told some simmers the last I knew that issue hadn't been solved, and that they still shouldn't delete sims from their game. But they keep telling me it is fixed and advising others to delete sims as well. They seem to think the patch on the 15th fixed it.

I would appreciate knowing for sure - is it fixed or not. Is it still recommended to not delete the Sim in the game?

Thank you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Rosemow is Sims Guru Nick still suggesting Simmers should not delete Sims in the game - or is that issue solved? I told some simmers the last I knew that issue hadn't been solved, and that they still shouldn't delete sims from their game. But they keep telling me it is fixed and advising others to delete sims as well. They seem to think the patch on the 15th fixed it.

I would appreciate knowing for sure - is it fixed or not. Is it still recommended to not delete the Sim in the game?

Thank you.

Hello @Writin_Reg
    The issue has been fixed. Simmers can delete sims from their games.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Okay - thank you very much.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but my pet is CONSTANTLY frightened by something, it is usually after they've been to the Vet but it's not like a one off either, it's all my pets and it can get infuriating because sometimes when my sim asks "What's wrong?" it has a thought bubble that could be showing a sad face, or food bowl which I assume is the pet is hungry or lonely etc. BUT it just constantly says "X looks frightened of something (s)he just needs a moment to calm down.

Anyone else having this problem or have in the past and if that's the case, how have you fixed it?
  • Options
    MizzTura wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but my pet is CONSTANTLY frightened by something, it is usually after they've been to the Vet but it's not like a one off either, it's all my pets and it can get infuriating because sometimes when my sim asks "What's wrong?" it has a thought bubble that could be showing a sad face, or food bowl which I assume is the pet is hungry or lonely etc. BUT it just constantly says "X looks frightened of something (s)he just needs a moment to calm down.

Anyone else having this problem or have in the past and if that's the case, how have you fixed it?

Hello @MizzTura
    This is a link to a workaround for the issue
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/11/pet-is-constantly-unconformable-scared/
  • Options
    HeatherWebsterHeatherWebster Posts: 1 New Member
    Am I the only one that kind of expected NPC dog trainers or dog walkers? Or like a dog nanny/doggy daycare? My dogs just kind of wine and scratch the floor until I get home from work to let them out, even with a doggy door being there.
  • Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Now I have Cats and Dogs with very few of the bugs mentioned here. Parenthood and Toddlers are the only two I have not got. I am not very concerned with Toddlers. Are there any major bugs with Parenthood that affect other areas of the game particularly Cats and Dogs?
    Does the new UI interface part that comes with this pack still appear with adults or is it only there for the Kids? I have tried asking this question on the correct part of the Forum but did not get a helpful reply. In short would it be wise to buy Parenthood.
    Thanks and kind regards James.
  • Options
    Now I have Cats and Dogs with very few of the bugs mentioned here. Parenthood and Toddlers are the only two I have not got. I am not very concerned with Toddlers. Are there any major bugs with Parenthood that affect other areas of the game particularly Cats and Dogs?
    Does the new UI interface part that comes with this pack still appear with adults or is it only there for the Kids? I have tried asking this question on the correct part of the Forum but did not get a helpful reply. In short would it be wise to buy Parenthood.
    Thanks and kind regards James.

Hello
    There are no major bugs with Parenthood that affects the other parts of the game.
    I am not quite sure what you mean about the new UI interface, but it would be good to buy Parenthood as it doesn’t cause issues.
  • Options
    RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Thanks rosemow. It works well but I added some of the Parenting Items to one of my Lots then saved it under its name Max. When I went back to load it was the Max picture but the title said Vanian. Vanian had vanished from the loads. Is this normal?
  • Options
    Thanks rosemow. It works well but I added some of the Parenting Items to one of my Lots then saved it under its name Max. When I went back to load it was the Max picture but the title said Vanian. Vanian had vanished from the loads. Is this normal?

Hello
    This shouldn’t happen. It sounds like one of your saves has saved on top of another one. If you would like to recover the save that was overwritten , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on the save game file picture where the save over wrote the other one . Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version. It will create a new save game file.
  • Options
    MIUNYAMIUNYA Posts: 1 New Member
    My problem is a kitten jumps on ther condo and never comes back down and my sim is unable to pick it up or interact with it. When I move the condo it goes on top of the next object that's how I know it's a glitch. The only way I'm solving it is travelling out of home with the kitten anger back which is so inconvenient. It just happens again anyway!
  • Options
    MIUNYA wrote: »
    My problem is a kitten jumps on ther condo and never comes back down and my sim is unable to pick it up or interact with it. When I move the condo it goes on top of the next object that's how I know it's a glitch. The only way I'm solving it is travelling out of home with the kitten anger back which is so inconvenient. It just happens again anyway!

Hello @MIUNYA
    Other simmers are also having this issue .
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Kitten-Stuck-on-object-and-Cannot-Be-Reset/m-p/6411078#M50036
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    now with the patch, the only makeup selectable for children is face paint. if you select all of it, you can put on other makeup, but you used to be able to select the different categories. also, makeup for toddlers is not selectable at all. another thing I noticed is, in CAS, if you X out the tags, they are still checked when you pull out the sorting options, so you have to deselect them there too.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Reitanna wrote: »
    now with the patch, the only makeup selectable for children is face paint. if you select all of it, you can put on other makeup, but you used to be able to select the different categories. also, makeup for toddlers is not selectable at all. another thing I noticed is, in CAS, if you X out the tags, they are still checked when you pull out the sorting options, so you have to deselect them there too.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback or press “me too” on this AHQ EA site about the makeup
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Make-Up-Disabled-for-Toddlers-and-children/m-p/6404467#M49700
  • Options
    KemKem Posts: 5 New Member
    My dogs do not learn to go potty on their own EVER. I had 1 say he has learned to go outside and yet he sits there and has a pee thought bubble and whines. I have a dog door and everything but doesn’t help. One major issue that has made me stop playing the dogs and cats is the speed modifier seems to be broken. My Sim is at work or asleep and the time flows back and forward so much that it is like leaving it in regular speed. It will literally jump from 4:23am for example to 2:20am and then spin at 2:2am for a while before resuming the slow climb. It is so frustrating that I stopped playing households with pets altogether. Wasted money if I can’t play it.
  • Options
    Kem wrote: »
    My dogs do not learn to go potty on their own EVER. I had 1 say he has learned to go outside and yet he sits there and has a pee thought bubble and whines. I have a dog door and everything but doesn’t help. One major issue that has made me stop playing the dogs and cats is the speed modifier seems to be broken. My Sim is at work or asleep and the time flows back and forward so much that it is like leaving it in regular speed. It will literally jump from 4:23am for example to 2:20am and then spin at 2:2am for a while before resuming the slow climb. It is so frustrating that I stopped playing households with pets altogether. Wasted money if I can’t play it.

Hello @Kem.
    There is an issue that dogs with the smart trait dont potty on their own unless directed. Your dogs may have the smart trait. This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Smart-Dog-will-not-go-potty-unless-directed/m-p/6423605#M51198
    With the time issue, try seeing if lowering your graphics settings may help. Before changing speed, try pausing the game first, then change the speed. If the issue continues to occur, try pausing the game for a short time in the middle of this happening also.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Not sure if this has been stated in this thread or not... but whenever I travel, my pets always come along. I don't have them selected to travel. I can't send them home either.
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been stated in this thread or not... but whenever I travel, my pets always come along. I don't have them selected to travel. I can't send them home either.

Hello
    Simmers on other threads have posted that they also have had this occur in their game.
  • Options
    KemKem Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16202920"][quote="Kem;c-16202904"]My dogs do not learn to go potty on their own EVER. I had 1 say he has learned to go outside and yet he sits there and has a pee thought bubble and whines. I have a dog door and everything but doesn’t help. One major issue that has made me stop playing the dogs and cats is the speed modifier seems to be broken. My Sim is at work or asleep and the time flows back and forward so much that it is like leaving it in regular speed. It will literally jump from 4:23am for example to 2:20am and then spin at 2:2am for a while before resuming the slow climb. It is so frustrating that I stopped playing households with pets altogether. Wasted money if I can’t play it. [/quote]

Hello @Kem.
    There is an issue that dogs with the smart trait dont potty on their own unless directed. Your dogs may have the smart trait. This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    With the time issue, try seeing if lowering your graphics settings may help. Before changing speed, try pausing the game first, then change the speed. If the issue continues to occur, try pausing the game for a short time in the middle of this happening also. [/quote]

Thanks for the feedback! Ihave 1 dog with the smart trait but the others do not and have the same issues. I intentionally did not give any of them this trait after reading the issue on another forum. I have tried the pause trick and while this does “fix” the issue quickly, it just starts over again after a few seconds. This only happens in households that have pets. No other household has this problem. I have changed my settings just in case though and no change. I really hope this gets a fix soon.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Kem.
    With the time issue, try seeing if lowering your graphics settings may help. Before changing speed, try pausing the game first, then change the speed. If the issue continues to occur, try pausing the game for a short time in the middle of this happening also.

Thanks for the feedback! Ihave 1 dog with the smart trait but the others do not and have the same issues. I intentionally did not give any of them this trait after reading the issue on another forum. I have tried the pause trick and while this does “fix” the issue quickly, it just starts over again after a few seconds. This only happens in households that have pets. No other household has this problem. I have changed my settings just in case though and no change. I really hope this gets a fix soon.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the issue with dogs that don’t have that trait . After getting the meesage that they have learnt to do it, they should go on their own. If the issue remains with the other dogs and they have had the message, you may like to post feedback on the AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Smart-Dog-will-not-go-potty-unless-directed/td-p/6423605
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Random teleporting for sims and pets since I got the pack. I told my sim to practice singing and she teleported from the bottom floor to the upstairs room, and then outside on the sidewalk where she finally started singing. Also, My cat was sitting on the vacuum but halfway through the little ride, he was floating around in the opposite direction of the vacuum, so it looked like he was floating around the house and going through the walls. Also, all the animals I have played with always hang out in the bathroom. Glitch or ... ? Last thing: I put a dog hangout on my sim's house and there are 5 or more strays that come during the night and 4 more during the day. They leave a mess everywhere. Pee, vomit, poop. You name it. Had to take out the lot trait, but still get a lot of strays.

I probably just need to repair the game.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    edited December 2017
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Random teleporting for sims and pets since I got the pack. I told my sim to practice singing and she teleported from the bottom floor to the upstairs room, and then outside on the sidewalk where she finally started singing. Also, My cat was sitting on the vacuum but halfway through the little ride, he was floating around in the opposite direction of the vacuum, so it looked like he was floating around the house and going through the walls. Also, all the animals I have played with always hang out in the bathroom. Glitch or ... ? Last thing: I put a dog hangout on my sim's house and there are 5 or more strays that come during the night and 4 more during the day. They leave a mess everywhere. Pee, vomit, poop. You name it. Had to take out the lot trait, but still get a lot of strays.

I probably just need to repair the game.

Hello
    With the vacuum issue , you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Cat-hovering-near-automatic-vacuum/td-p/6415812/

With your other issues, try repairing the game and deleting the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files