Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

•→ Attention•Gallery Download Cheating Is Real ←•

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    @GLovely1

Congratulations! I am not being sarcastic, I am being sincere.

I personally do not upload anything to the Gallery. I only download Maxis creations from a pack or household they made for a trailer. Maybe this is why I do not look in the gallery or care about this issue. I mean, why would I want to DL a creation from the gallery when the game is so unplayable with the bugs? If I cannot use a creation and enjoy that creation in my game, why bother to DL it at all? Maybe this is why I disagree with you and I believe that fixing the game should be higher on the list. After all, if the game is unplayable because of the bugs and glitches that have been in it since launch and have aggressively gotten worse with every pack and patch. Some bugs were fixed, then have returned with a vengeance and really make playing the game impossible.

As I said, Thank you. I just can't continue to try and support this game and spend money on it when they would rather fix an issue with the gallery and not fix the game and DLC that customers paid for.

@gizzinator1 The start of your post gave me a giggle in a tension relieving kind of way because you had to clarify no sarcasm :wink: but then the rest just saddens me. I can tell you are passionate about your concerns and clearly enjoy this game as I do. Please do not let your frustration make you give up on your concerns and this game. This is not an either or .. gallery vs. gamers .. no, we are all the same. It is not a rather fix the cheating or the bugs. I think with this issue, hopefully anyway, it is more that my announcement comes as a surprise. I like to think that EA had no idea this backdoor loophole, cheat tactic or whatever you want to call it was being used in such an unfair dysfunctional way. It is hidden .. hard to find .. it took me months to find it and I only started looking for it because I saw so many suspicious numbers in the popular now section. Statistically the numbers I was and still am seeing are just not feasible if you apply the 1 to 1 ratio. 1 DL per person per creation. I just blew that thinking out of the water. Lastly, I really do think either my proposed fix or one they can troubleshoot could be implemented quick and easy. Trust they are constantly working hard to address every concern and frustration we have, please :smile:

Thank you for your honest words. Please keep on simming on :smiley:
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Thank you so much for bringing this problem to our attention and taking steps to hopefully fix the issue. I have a completely different perspective here. I am not a builder. Trust me I have tried. But because I am not a builder I use the gallery a great deal. I am constantly looking for interesting builds to add to my game and there are many amazing creations on the gallery. I rely on the favorites tags quit a bit. I am disturbed by the thought that some people can cheat making their builds more popular without doing the work of building their reputation and practicing to improve their builds. This explains why the gallery system lately has been a mess in my opinion. Hopefully EA looks into this and fixes the problem. When the system is fair and a builder creates an amazing build it will get popular on its own. Thank you to all the builders who share their creativity and hard work. I am amazed by some of the things you can do. I know many others appreciate you as much as I do. For the few who are cheating. It does not mean anything if you have not worked for it and accomplished it fairly.

• Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    @GLovely1

Congratulations! I am not being sarcastic, I am being sincere.

I personally do not upload anything to the Gallery. I only download Maxis creations from a pack or household they made for a trailer. Maybe this is why I do not look in the gallery or care about this issue. I mean, why would I want to DL a creation from the gallery when the game is so unplayable with the bugs? If I cannot use a creation and enjoy that creation in my game, why bother to DL it at all? Maybe this is why I disagree with you and I believe that fixing the game should be higher on the list. After all, if the game is unplayable because of the bugs and glitches that have been in it since launch and have aggressively gotten worse with every pack and patch. Some bugs were fixed, then have returned with a vengeance and really make playing the game impossible.

As I said, Thank you. I just can't continue to try and support this game and spend money on it when they would rather fix an issue with the gallery and not fix the game and DLC that customers paid for.

Hmmm... It does make me think as well... I mean, I just want to point out, that this comment has nothing to do with the issue OP pointed out. I am glad that the gallery issue is being looked at. I also upload some stuff on the gallery, but quite frankly, I don't mind if anyone sees it. When I build stuff, I build for myself and my sims, without regard of what others may think. So it's not really a big issue for me. If these people exploit the gallery like you say, well, maybe they just want to feel important. I mean, it's a bit sad, but well, I wouldn't consider it really detrimental to the game or anything.

Aaaanyways, back to my point, like I said, it does make me wonder what you said @grizzinator1, if EA can look into this issue (regardless of how easy the fix is or not), then why couldn't they look into the bugs that the game is being plagued upon. And yes, GTW is a perfect example. It has been reported by tons of simmers both on this forums and on the EA forums. I could not tell you how many post I have read of these bugs and glitches, yet the issues that were presented 2 years ago are still happening now. And if it weren't for mods, this game is almost a joke. Like I said in one of my posts before, are we paying for a broken game? Are we going to pay for a Cats and Dogs expansion pack with bugs and glitches as features of the game? Sure PC games will have bugs and glitches, but aren't they fixing it? They release patches every now and again, why not have a fix-- or at least an update? Or even just telling the players that they will never want to fix these bugs and glitches... That would have been better than just us players feeling ignored. Just my thoughts.

Oh and ummm... well, I understand how OP may think it's a cheat. But basing from what I read, it's actually more of an exploit than a cheat. So technically those simmers aren't cheaters, they are just exploiting something that the game readily allows. Because it seems to me they didn't have to re-code or enter any command to do what they are doing. From what I understand it's something that everyone can do? I maybe wrong.

PS I do apologize for posting this comment on this thread. I understand that this has nothing to do with OP. I suppose this is just something to think about.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @GLovely1 I hope the investigation goes well and that they can fix it. Sometimes it hard to focus on the forum. It gets so many responses.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi simmers,

I am closing this thread after I had to remove two pages worth of posts that derailed the thread. We are all passionate about the game and have strong opinions to share but it is how we express them that matters. Flaming, insulting, name calling, etc is not a justified or supported means of expression and users will be moderated for engaging in this manner. This is not an experience we want for users, it dilutes the topic and it is not what the forum is for.

Please be more considerate of other users and the topics in future.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top