Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the reason you keep coming back to the sims 4 rather then play 2/3?

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Currently I'm playing Sims 3. I come back to play Sims 4 when new content is added into the game so I can see what's been added and go through it. I like that Sims 4 runs smoother and can't wait for it to get some content that I miss playing (seasons) to keep me hooked longer.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    The Sims 4 is less addictive and the rotational play allows multiple families to age at once, so you don't have to find the time to play each family separately. I still love The Sims 3, but I don't have the time to enjoy all of the content and play all of my families anymore.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

ETA: right, also Sims 1 ... well Sims 1 was an a-ma-zing game that I spent more time on than my mom seemed to care for, but no, it's just too old for me to even consider playing today. The only thing I really, really, really miss about it is this table (man, the memories :'( )
    maxresdefault.jpg

This is me 100%, except for me it wasn't the table; it was dueling in Magic Town and casting the spell that watered the plants.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have sims 2 UC in my Origin library but I've never downloaded 'cause the last time I tried to install sims 2 on this PC from discs it plummed up my system so bad it took 3 factory resets/ system recoveries to put right. I do miss it though.

I spent £400 on sims 3 on only played it for 28 hours. I could just never stay interested for longer than 1 sim day and building took forever.
    A lot of people miss the colour wheel, I don't: if you wanted your furniture to match it took forever to do, especially when you're not used to the system, and that was in the 1 and only house I created.
    I've uninstalled it now and I won't be reinstalling it. I also really miss that £400.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member

BabySquare wrote: »

ETA: right, also Sims 1 ... well Sims 1 was an a-ma-zing game that I spent more time on than my mom seemed to care for, but no, it's just too old for me to even consider playing today. The only thing I really, really, really miss about it is this table (man, the memories :'( )
    maxresdefault.jpg

This is me 100%, except for me it wasn't the table; it was dueling in Magic Town and casting the spell that watered the plants.

Thank you for this picture! B) What memories! The spell that watered plants was the best! <3 And remember when the gnomes would come to life and run about your house and yard? <3 LOL :D And then there was the very weird spell that was the only way you could age-up children and you never knew what you'd end up with. :o
    Thanks again for the trip down memory lane! o:)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I miss TS1. I miss everything about it. I really wish they'd come out with an Anniversary version that's compatible with new computers. I had every expansion and megatons of cc. It took me forever to switch to TS2.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    TS2 doesn't work on my computer, same with Medieval (which I love) and I'm not that interested in TS3 anymore, because TS4 looks so much better in my opinion.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    In spite of its faults, The Sims 4 is the result of a decade-and-a-half of EA/Maxis evolving, fine-tuning, sometimes simplifying, but ultimately improving its product. That's why I choose it over its predecessors.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Sid Meier's Pirates - Another awesome game (from 2005) that I play when I hit a dull period with my Sims! Even though it's almost over 12 years old, I STILL find it fun to play, even if it's a little "dated".
    RjcBp8Y.png

maxresdefault.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT TABLE I completely forgot about it! I remember playing sims that would do almost nothing but experiment on that table haha
    They should totally release a sims 1 UC, just for nostalgia and also cuz its great
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Pirates - Another awesome game (from 2005) that I play when I hit a dull period with my Sims! Even though it's almost over 12 years old, I STILL find it fun to play, even if it's a little "dated".
    RjcBp8Y.png

maxresdefault.jpg

OH MY GOD THAT TABLE I completely forgot about it! I remember playing sims that would do almost nothing but experiment on that table haha
    They should totally release a sims 1 UC, just for nostalgia and also cuz its great

They have. Kinda it's the sims complete collection. I have it and it's still so much fun
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    RjcBp8Y.png

maxresdefault.jpg

They have. Kinda it's the sims complete collection. I have it and it's still so much fun
    I agree, I can still play it for hours to this day! :)
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I play 4 because I like it. I do have 3, but it is so laggy and unfriendly. Someday, I will tackle it because I want to learn to build in it.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    RjcBp8Y.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Cant seem to play it with windows 10 no matter how much i tried.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I remember sims 3 had a ton of content but most of it was just stuff. I always try to go back and play sims 3 because of everything you could do. I'll build my family and then my house and start to play then my sim will wave in the air and get stuck or they put there food down to talk. I realize once again why I'm playing sims 4 even though there is a lack of content.

I was just carious, I know a lot of people play both on and off.

(2) The graphics there bug me now that I've been with 3 and 4.
    (2/3) I love that all clothing are maternity-enabled in 4 and you can actually choose to place your sim on maternity leave or have them continue working. Unlike 2/3 where they're automatically placed on maternity leave at the start of the pregnancy.(once the sim is visibly pregnant)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    4 was my first sims game and i love it
  • Options
    MikaScarletMikaScarlet Posts: 34 Member
    Right now I'm on a Sims 4 binge. Parenthood added a much needed way of having my families act like family and not just roommates that your Sims have birthed/adopted. Having a blast right now. I might a week off of playing the Sims 4 before Cats & Dogs hit and play the Sims 2 (I use Graphics Rules Maker and a ton of CC to replace the defaults so that everyone in the neighborhood look alright).

Sims 3 is the only Sims game I never played. Always kind of regretted it.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Because it's there :p Seriously right up until the final hour I wasn't sure if I'd like TS4. I even tried to talk mum out of buying it for me (she was getting it as an early birthday/Christmas present) but she wouldn't back down. I didn't like the art style and going back to load screens... but after playing it, I haven't gone back.

I think one of the biggest things to take me away from TS3 is in the end it took around 9 minutes for my save to load. I had a lot of CC because I didn't like the game's CAS stuff. Needed various mods to make it relatively playable - even then it would randomly crash on me.

Now, I like this art style better :D I think the sims look better. Compared to TS3 my mods folder is virtually empty. Only a few personal tweaks, and a couple of CAS items. Nothing to improve performance. And I've gotten used to loading screens again. Didn't think I would... but the load times are quick, so I don't mind.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'm the reverse, actually, constantly playing TS2 while ignoring 3 and pretty much abandoned 4. I like to do rotational play, tell stories, and build castles and Victorian houses. None of which are possible in TS4 in my experience with it to date, but are easy and normal in TS2.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I still play Sims 2, but I also play 4. Mainly, because there are some things that bother me slightly (even though I love 2). For example, that you can't visit someone and that you can't break up with someone (you have to yell at them constantly until the relationship goes down, which takes forever or cheat on them), the supernaturals are just bad etc. But my main reason, why I now prefer Sims 4 is that I don't like how sims born in game look. I play rotationally with premades and all the children look about the same....I mean a lot of the premades have the same facial structure. My favorite part about sims is to interweb the neighborhood of premades, create drama and see how their kids genetically mix. Don't get me started on how kids look in 2 when they are half alien :( Of course, Sims 2 is still a great game, hence I play it to this day.

Sims 3 didn't suit my playstyle at all. It is a struggle to play rotationally and I just can't stand just playing one family. Plus, to me the premades all look exactly the same with the same round face, which I hate and since I am not good at CAS, my sims all had that round face too. Just really disliked how big and round their faces were. I have a good computer I could play 3 on, but the bugs make it another no-go. So, I have abandoned 3.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Few things I miss in sims 3 is World Adventures, gem collecting, Into the Future, the simbots and the supernaturals. Not enough for me to go back, and although fond memories of sims 2, I just can't with the graphics. Even back then I had to download a ton of cc. Sims 4 is coming along nicely. I wish the sims didn't smile so much or play musical chairs though. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2017
    Honestly I now prefer Sims 4.
    I stopped playing just after get to work came out bit got the urge to fire up the game two weeks ago. I promptly bought vampires and city living and I'm now loving my two nerdy city living vampire scientists.
    My guess is that compared to a totally pimped out Sims 3 it just felt flat before.

I used to say my preferred Sims would have been Sims 2 with Sims 3 open world. But again
    that was with all the extra stuff
    Now I am definitely preferring this game.
    I also have preferred the more cartoon art style.

I think the only thing I'm missing is motorcycles.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm the reverse, actually, constantly playing TS2 while ignoring 3 and pretty much abandoned 4. I like to do rotational play, tell stories, and build castles and Victorian houses. None of which are possible in TS4 in my experience with it to date, but are easy and normal in TS2.

@Oldeseadogge , we are supposed to be getting more roofing tools, including octagonal roofs in the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansions, so it should be easier to build a proper Victorian house once C&D comes out next month! <3 Also, looking at your screen name, you might like the theme that Cat & Dogs has -- it has the feel of a fishing village! B)
  • Options
    ... I promptly bought vampires and city living and I'm now loving my two nerdy city living vampire scientists.
    @Beardedgeek , I love it! <3:D<3:D<3

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    ... I promptly bought vampires and city living and I'm now loving my two nerdy city living vampire scientists.
    @Beardedgeek , I love it! <3:D<3:D<3

To be fair the younger sister won't turn vampire until tomorrow.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »

@Oldeseadogge , we are supposed to be getting more roofing tools, including octagonal roofs in the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansions, so it should be easier to build a proper Victorian house once C&D comes out next month! <3 Also, looking at your screen name, you might like the theme that Cat & Dogs has -- it has the feel of a fishing village! B)
    More to it than pet stuff that probably won't work as advertised (again)? I find animals in Sims games annoying, but might check on the details of that pack. Still wish they'd fix the screenshots and time progression though...