Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the reason you keep coming back to the sims 4 rather then play 2/3?

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited September 2017
    Lots of reasons for me. I recently tried to play sims 2. The CAS was so limited and clunky and the graphics so bad I could not stomach it. I do still play Sims 3 and enjoy it but I end up coming back to Sims 4 because:

CAS is superior
    CAS loads quickly and I don't feel like I'm dying a slow death every time I try to make a sim
    I need fewer mods to make the game run as expected.
    Build mode is less aggravating
    Sims don't get stuck and pee on the floor because another sim was trying to exit the bathroom.
    Sims can multi task (even though it sometimes results in stupidity like eating on the toilet or playing musical chairs)
    Little to no lag

I'm sure there's other reasons but those are the main things
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I would go back to the Sims 2 if I had the game. I only have the CD and my laptop doesnt have a CD drive.

Which btw, does anybody know where I can download the game? Apparently Origin was giving it for free like 2 years ago and I had no idea. I desperately want to play ts2. :(

If you have any spare change you can get a good dvd/cd rom external unit (very thin, flat, tiny) USB device, for all your old cd games for your laptop at Walmart, around $39. My dvdrom went out on my pc recently and there is no way I would do without some of my old games that require a cd/dvd to play or start up. The great thing about TS2's old cds or dvd is they don't have to remain in the drive once it checks the authenticity and never had to remain in drive.

ETA: Many are on sale, just make sure you buy the USB external ones. Just plug them in and go!

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=dvd+rom+for+laptop&&adid=22222222224312420581&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=10382782379&wl4=kwd-64006147953:loc-190&wl12={ProductId}&wl14=dvd rom for laptops&veh=sem
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I still like playing 2 and 3 but I play 4 more often though I've been getting the itch to play one of the other two. I'll still be playing 4 but gotta have other things to do. ^^
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I play 3 and 4 but I've been playing 4 more often lately because of a mod I've been enjoying (extreme violence). I'm not into murder and mayhem but I do like the fact that I can have my sims engage in a real fight. The game is far too happy for me and I enjoy a little drama.
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I love TS2 and TS3, but at this point the easiest of the games to play is 4. It's better optimized, building, controls, and gameplay is easier. I do wish it had some of the content from 2 and 3, but I can always go back to them I suppose.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

People Play what they want to play I play Sims 4 because I like it best, :)

The reason I keep playing Sims 4 is that it fun, and very interesting. I like that I can play many many families/households in one city, and if I get tired of that city I can move one family or as many of my family's as I want to a new city.

I have a city it's like a German town called Windenburg, I love this city, part of it is a large brick town area with everything and old town would have. , and then it's also some island lands surrounded by water for many more homes. I play a man there sometimes he was a vagrant , but now he lives in a small but very nice brick home in downtown Windenburg
    This man has a Daughter and he has 2 grandsons, they do not live in his city so he has to travel to a different city to visit them, They live in the urban downtown area, in a nice apartment, not very fancy but nice. He loves to go visit them, and he makes them a cake or some cookies, and play with his grandkids he always gives his grandsons big hugs.
    he is a fisherman so he did teach his grandsons to fish, when he got married he took his new wife to meet her new grandsons and they are just a nice family.

Then I have a city called TeenTown Newcrest.
    It was so many teens in all my city's because I have over 40 families and many many teens. The teens were picking on their younger siblings and just keeping up so much trouble at home, we all got together and decided to make an experiment town, And move most of the teens there mostly it was siblings and cousins that already lived together or near each other. for the most part I moved their parents to apartments so that they could give their teens Keys, so the teens could come when they wanted to. The parents do come visit their teens and the teens behave more spoil when their parents come. they stay a while and then take them out to dinner or some other fun place.
    What I found strange was that the game knew this would happen because when the teen would come to crash the parent's apartment the game called it an event lol. and they can spend the night if the parents had them a room and they all do have rooms for their teens.

In my TeenTown, I now have 32 teens they all have beautiful bedrooms and bath of their own and nannies to help out. that's 8 homes, and then a mansion for the rich Teens. It has a really nice mall, restaurants, fitness place library, and a homework place, and a place for parties, a nightclub, and a place for troubled teens. a park, and a lot for only basketball. teens like to hang out in groups best.

My toddlers get up in the morning and run fast out the door to play on their playground things, and they love the ball pool

It's just so much going on in the game, with parties, and owning businesses even for your bakery you have to bake up so many different things. and getting married, so much and so many families.

It's just fun fun fun. and the more we get the more fun we have.
    The building is also fun.I know we do beg, but we already have a lot.

We can get anything from the gallery, and just click and it will just add it to your world with a copy. from restaurants, homes castles, parks lighthouses cities, towns to toddlers. how cool is that? That's why I keep playing sims 4, I love to play and control many families and generations to my family's.
    I do have sims 3 also, but I play 4 much more. most of the time really.99% of the time I play Sims 4
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    berrybelleberrybelle Posts: 9 New Member
    TS4 is my favourite game in the franchise, to put it simply.

TS2 was great at the time and i played the ever-loving crap out of it when i was younger, but i feel it's served it's time and the only expansion i had for it was University... TS3... we got off on the wrong foot and i've just never been a fan. the game wouldn't run at all for me when i first got it, and when i was able to run it, the graphics style and limited focus on the Sims themselves really threw me off. i did enjoy the introduction of moodlets though, i hope they stay.

i love TS4. i love the graphics, the aesthetic, the CAS, the sims, the relationships, multitasking, building, emotions, the expansions, how they implemented toddlers, etc. etc. it's a much more enjoyable experience especially for my type of play, i really like the minute social interactions between my sims and TS4 captures that so well they really do feel alive at times. i don't care for open worlds, i prefer the TS2/TS4 style. i don't care for inordinate amounts of lag and crashing. i don't care for technically "impressive" graphics that look like an aesthetic nightmare and are likely to set your computer on fire if you're not looking. not literally, of course, but that just about sums up how i feel about TS3 LOL.

so the reason i keep playing TS4 is because i like it. TS3 isn't better to me, and TS2 is just too old now. pretty simple :tongue:
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2017
    My only problem with the Sims 4 is that is still feels so incomplete. Maybe that's because I had been playing 3 for so long with all of the Expansions, or maybe it's because I got very used to an open world that you could control. But the fact that without mods I couldn't keep my story going is problematic to me. The fact that it took so long to get things like Toddlers, and we have no idea if we're getting more worlds, more vacation spots, or things like Seasons is problematic to me.

I like it because it's the easiest to play. But I wish the game were more full.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Well I have tried in the past but it never worked for me cause....

Sims 3
    I installed the games but it crashed on me constantly and I was annoyed how laggy the game was considering it's 8 years old. Plus the textures look bland and uninteresting and the towns are too quite.

Sims 2
    After installing the game and playing for a week the limitations of such an old game began to show. The graphics were really bad and the cas and build/buy objects were just so outdated that I couldn't decorate a house well enoigh to enjoy having my sim there. This isn't really TS2 fault as it happens with most games.

Both of them are solid and enjoyable but Sims 4 is simply more enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing to me.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I still play 3 and 4, I swap between the 2 constantly. I love 3 because it's what I want in a sims game. Open worlds, full customization and a town that really feels alive. With expansions like generations and seasons it really feels complete. But it lags so much on my old saves that it breaks my heart a little.

I generally like playing TS4 more, because the graphics are so pretty! Everything looks so clean and the performance is great! With toddlers, parenthood and now cats & dogs the game really is becoming more complete, with seasons being the only thing I need now to think the game is truly perfect.

I can't really get into TS2 because it's too outdated at this point, even though it was my favorite. I can't live without being able to visit neighbors and TS4 added too many advancements and little things that I miss in the game.
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I've played all the sims games from 1-4 wow I feel old :( I loved all the sims games each for their own reasons! I think sims 4 gets a lot of hate and comparison to the sims 3, but let's be honest the graphics for sIms 3 are terrible everything looks dark and grubby and just cheap! But at the time when it came out it was amazing of course!

I think a lot of people compare sims 3/4 but I don't think you can really compare them yet the only argument sims 3 has over 4 is there's much more content and activities and weather and all the added little features but we've only had half the content that sims 3 has so of course there's going to be more to do!

I will admit sims 4 has its flaws and I really feel they need to go back and work on the core features instead of just adding new features to a flawed system like the traits pretty much apart from social interactions you could pick any trait you wanted and apart from a few mood changes there's no difference !
    and they change moods so quickly it's like they have a mental health condition it's not normal! I think sims 4 could be so much more than what it is but its definetly the best in my eyes and I think because it's still getting developed it can improve and add new features we've never seen before in previous sims games!

So my vote is sims 4 :)
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I've played all the sims games from 1-4 wow I feel old :( I loved all the sims games each for their own reasons! I think sims 4 gets a lot of hate and comparison to the sims 3, but let's be honest the graphics for sIms 3 are terrible everything looks dark and grubby and just cheap! But at the time when it came out it was amazing of course!

I think a lot of people compare sims 3/4 but I don't think you can really compare them yet the only argument sims 3 has over 4 is there's much more content and activities and weather and all the added little features but we've only had half the content that sims 3 has so of course there's going to be more to do!

I will admit sims 4 has its flaws and I really feel they need to go back and work on the core features instead of just adding new features to a flawed system like the traits pretty much apart from social interactions you could pick any trait you wanted and apart from a few mood changes there's no difference !
    and they change moods so quickly it's like they have a mental health condition it's not normal! I think sims 4 could be so much more than what it is but its definetly the best in my eyes and I think because it's still getting developed it can improve and add new features we've never seen before in previous sims games!

So my vote is sims 4 :)
    @NaomiSImblr , don't feel bad, because I'm old enough not only to have played all 4 versions of The Sims, but when TS1 came out I was already an adult! :#:D TS1 reminds me of being a newlywed in a little apartment. <3 My niece (who is now a college graduate and married ) used to be 11-12 yrs old and she would come over and play TS1 because she didn't have it and she loved it! o:)
    I also find each version of The Sims to have both faults and wonderful points. TS1 had the best music, hands down! TS2 had great stories built in with the Maxis-made characters! TS3 had the CASt color/pattern wheel! TS4 has incredible graphics! I love all the versions! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    I loaded Sims 2 recently and that was possibly the game I've played the most. I still love it very much, but couldn't stay there long this past time. I had a stay at home mom and after her husband went to work, I realized that I was very bored with her choices of how to spend her time. Cooking dishes is limited. Writing books is limited. Gardening is limited. Socializing isn't as satisfying. The way the personality points are divided does provide guidance to a character, but I've been using the personality attributes to craft which activities a Sim would be drawn to.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Sims 2, I've just gotten out of the mode of playing it as I've been getting more into Sims 4.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My only problem with the Sims 4 is that is still feels so incomplete. Maybe that's because I had been playing 3 for so long with all of the Expansions, or maybe it's because I got very used to an open world that you could control. But the fact that without mods I couldn't keep my story going is problematic to me. The fact that it took so long to get things like Toddlers, and we have no idea if we're getting more worlds, more vacation spots, or things like Seasons is problematic to me.

I like it because it's the easiest to play. But I wish the game were more full.

I think your right, it feels very incomplete. But I do think they are going to add a lot more stuff, I think there just taking there time with it and stretching the content out. I think there just waiting for cats and dogs to come out before they add all the big want content. It would be a real pain to put out cats and dogs first then go back to make packs compatible with them. I think that is why all they have given us is family nameplate and sim related game-play. If you get to go on vacation but cant bring your pets that would be blah. But if you wanted to bring your pet camping it would be easy just to place down a bed for them. I also think that pets is the reason we don't have a lot of stuff such as burglars, firemen and cars. In the sims 3 the base game came with burglars but when they came in and you had this big scary dog, they'd do nothing unless you told your dog to "Guard" the house. Even then it barley worked. It makes so much more sense to make pets then to add the things that could be Incorporated in to a pets life so that they can be added.

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Catching up on this thread, it really doesn't surprise me that a lot of people like S4 because of the lack of lag, etc. I said from the beginning that I was happy they made a game that would work on older computers. I have enjoyed the Sims from the beginning and love that others have that chance.

It is sad that people couldn't really enjoy the Sims3 because of the many issues they had. It is truly an amazing and beautiful game. Before you say anything, yes, Sims3 is my love....but no different than Sims2 being someone else's love, or even Sims4.

Sims4 is a different game and has many things I love about it, just still doesn't hold my interest long. It's a game I play on occasion, LOL. To me, the other series had , whatever it is that is missing for me in Sims4, something that kept me playing every day.....with just the base game. All the other stuff was just icing on the cake.

So I am not sure that the other stuff they come out with for Sims4 is going to "take me away" for many hours like the prior series. But that is alright as I do have other games I can play.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Catching up on this thread, it really doesn't surprise me that a lot of people like S4 because of the lack of lag, etc. I said from the beginning that I was happy they made a game that would work on older computers. I have enjoyed the Sims from the beginning and love that others have that chance.

It is sad that people couldn't really enjoy the Sims3 because of the many issues they had. It is truly an amazing and beautiful game. Before you say anything, yes, Sims3 is my love....but no different than Sims2 being someone else's love, or even Sims4.

Sims4 is a different game and has many things I love about it, just still doesn't hold my interest long. It's a game I play on occasion, LOL. To me, the other series had , whatever it is that is missing for me in Sims4, something that kept me playing every day.....with just the base game. All the other stuff was just icing on the cake.

So I am not sure that the other stuff they come out with for Sims4 is going to "take me away" for many hours like the prior series. But that is alright as I do have other games I can play.
    I don't think it's all right, I think it's a real shame. But for the rest I agree with you. Sure there are things to love about Sims 4, but at the end of the day all that matters in a game is that it does hold your interest. It strikes me the only reason the OP can find to make them realize why they're playing Sims 4 is because of waving sims and putting food down when talking (which I don't quite understand but still). Really? That's it? No other reasons? That's just very very sad. Because it means people set the bar real low where it comes to this game, which means there is no hope. Why would the team even bother if that's the attitude.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Haven't opened Sims 4 in months. Last few times i did play, I was bored within a short time.
    I mostly play Sims 3. I'm never bored with it. Maybe because I can change the Worlds the way I wish, or all the things your Sims can do. Sometimes I play for days just building Resorts or House Boats & sometimes challenges & legacy families.
    I love all the CC Worlds people make too.
    I still play Sims 2, but not as much as 3.

I think I'm probably done with Sims 4. Haven't purchased anything for it in a long time & don't plan to going forward. For me, everything they come out with is fun the first few times, then boredom sets in quickly. Bowling, rock wall, ball pit... *yawn

But I am looking forward to your reviews of Pets. Unsure if I'll eventually get it, but will love to see the pets made & the game play.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited September 2017

[/quote] I don't think it's all right, I think it's a real shame. But for the rest I agree with you. Sure there are things to love about Sims 4, but at the end of the day all that matters in a game is that it does hold your interest. It strikes me the only reason the OP can find to make them realize why they're playing Sims 4 is because of waving sims and putting food down when talking (which I don't quite understand but still). Really? That's it? No other reasons? That's just very very sad. Because it means people set the bar real low where it comes to this game, which means there is no hope. Why would the team even bother if that's the attitude.
    [/quote]

Those where just quick examples. If I were to mention everything it would be 2 pages later lol. Sims 4 has the most potential in my opinion. I only say potential because there's so much more that can be done to make it great. Being able to make sims multitask is a huge step for the sims. Although it may seem like a small task, there is so much to consider when designing. Even though content is limited compared to previous games, this game will catch up.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Graphics. But I still LOVE 3, and go back to playing that when I miss all the gameplay and store items.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    I quite like 3. The expansions for 3 were really great. TS4 just doesn't compare. Look at Vampires compared to Supernatural. Most of the expansions for 4 are just really wimpy versions of 3. There is just so much more to do in 3.

The problem with 3 is getting it to function adequately. You can do it but it takes a lot of work. Even with the NRAAS mods, which are excellent, the game just always ends up breaking (especially if you try and do multiple generations of a single family). 4 is just way more stable.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I come back for the Sims, the graphics and the easy customisation of sims.

Also, I enjoy how much more in-depth Sims 4 is with conversations, you can 'talk about...' instead of just chatting.

However, apart from that, I prefer Sims 2.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2017
    ignore
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2017
    I suppose for me, it's a few reasons. Note that I've only played the Sims 3 and 4.

The CAS, minus the lack of a color wheel, is greatly preferred to me.

I prefer the graphics in the Sims 4. It's to the point where I've gotten into the habit of taking screenshots. I never did that in the Sims 3.

The Vampires in the Sims 4 are far superior than the ones in Sims 3. Though a few of the weaknesses don't make sense. ( Why would your Vampire be depressed about being a Vampire when there's a cure...? Especially when they know there's a cure. I know it's obviously for story-telling reasons, but nonetheless. )

I prefer the Toddlers in Sims 4 over the ones in the Sims 3. It's to the point where currently, I've begun to enjoy family play.

I prefer the animations of the Sims 4.

While this never really bothered me, I prefer the stability of the Sims 4.

My only major criticisms is how boring the game can get and how incomplete it feels to this day. I don't necessarily like how long it takes for content to be released for it, but I can certainly understand. Vampires and Toddlers strike me as content where a lot of thought was put behind it. Spa Day is simple, yet quite satisfying to me. I hear great things about Parenthood.

I suppose the Sims 3 spoiled me in quanity over quality, but I digress.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2017
    I couldn't go back to Sims 1 after Sims 2's aging and new life stages.

I couldn't go back to Sims 2 after Sims 3 stopped bumping me backward in time.

I left Sims 3 when Sims 4 came out for performance reasons, though I've since upped my computer specs enough that I probably could run it better than I could three years ago. But I can't go back after Sims 4's preferable-to-me lovable animation and graphics styles, household management, more fluid and plain more multitasking, interlocking worlds, animations varied by emotion, easier building, push-pull CAS, and <3 toddlers <3 .

Tbh, it might take a wickedly amazing Sims 5 to pull me away from Sims 4 in the future. I'm in my happy zone with this one, even if I do have issues with some aspects of it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.