Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is body hair still a possibility?

Comments

• Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    I'd really like it if you could add body hair on woman as well this time, because that woman may usual shave, but not all of them...
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    peach1red wrote: »
    I'd really like it if you could add body hair on woman as well this time, because that woman may usual shave, but not all of them...

YES!! I would not be happy if body hair was exclusive to men :/ keeping fingers crossed that we will see it ingame at some point. Otherwise I guess I'll will just hunt for CC in the end.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

Yes please!!
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member

Adding my vote to this! Yes a millions times.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are TONS of body hair cc out there.
  • Options
    Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    Yeah, tons of cc that I don't like, and use like a tattoos. I'have tried them all, and erase them of my game after all, cause most of the time they reduce the glow effect of the skin that I like. SO, BODYHAIR please!! We need it, with different type, lenght and spots, and also on women, but less so please lol. And please, I'd like to make myself, as a furry simbear! Hem, not too many men are lucky as I am! So please, not just in the fashion 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tendance of this world, where it's accepted on arms, legs and chest. I want it all over the belly, on shoulder and back. You know, something very cool could be make of it, alongside with a werewolf pack?

I'm sure it's not of the table on their project, cause, they need to diversify the CAS, and make it more optionnal.
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I'm hoping seasons finally offers body hair options, I like tats but there aren't enough of a variety for my tastes--plus I don't like to take a chance on custom content--it makes it harder to share stuff online.
  • Options
    peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    It's definitely a possibility. I hope they go more in depth with it like they did with body weight, calories, and fitness. I could see them adding a shaving system or a new hair dresser venue, that'd be fun.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It's possible; but there are more important things such as Story Progression that is more important and needed first.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    alan650111 wrote: »
    There are TONS of body hair cc out there.

But we all don't want cc in our game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, but it won't have depth. :D
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    have they said they won't do body hair?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Body hair could come with werewolves. They need a lot of body hair anyway.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Body hair will not be appropriate in The SIms 4 because it doesn't fit the game's art style.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

Preach.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Body hair is ascetic choice, I don't think it's fair to say it won't fit in with the Sims 4 art style. Every version of the Sims so far has had some way of adding body hair be it from a mod or built into the game. The Sims 3 has perfectly realistic body hair and I don't think it's visual style is much different than the Sims 4. But that's my opinion. The body hair detractors don't have to use it if they don't like it in their game if they don't like it--but it would be nice to have the option. I know some people would shave me from head to toe if they had their choice, but I'll keep my body hair and I would like my characters to be able to grow some too.

I still wish they would bring back the Tattoo career and tattoo shops; that was fun in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    Like_That wrote: »
    Body hair will not be appropriate in The SIms 4 because it doesn't fit the game's art style.

it still amazes me how features so small and basic like this don't make it into the game

how about they allow us to decide whats appropriate in our game.

yet we get cross dressers. and that's appropriate. no offence to anybody.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I use CC body hair and I think I'd like this even better than EA's default.
  • Options
    I should be more trusting of CC, but I know it can sometimes cause glitches. Then if I want to share my stuff in the gallery it would be more difficult for people to enjoy my Sims if they need to get the CC too for them. One person I follow on the gallery has some really nice outfits for his Sims, but I have no idea where he got them.
  • Options
    THE_PICKLE2000THE_PICKLE2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    I download cc for it. I hope they add it in the future because when I was living with my parents, I couldn't download cc.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    It's possible; but there are more important things such as Story Progression that is more important and needed first.

That's relative, story progression isn't important or needed to me at all, but in any case you can surely bet that the person who'd be drawing up the body hair is not the same person who would be coding story progression. It's not really a matter of priority in that situation.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChaudChaud Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to see body hair in the game and especially for console players who can't just add cc it would be a great addition
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Body hair is the only cc I have. It’s made by a friend of mine and maxis match, so I’m really happy with it. The barbie-style gets old after a while, especially when you have WW ;).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    @Irdiwen can you share what site you got your body hair from?
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    @Irdiwen can you share what site you got your body hair from?
    It’s from Lovers Lab, the creator is djelle. I’m not on pc right now, so I can’t link, but you should be able to find it there. He drew it all by hand, which makes it very maxis match.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.