Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is body hair still a possibility?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017
    Even if they couldn't make it fit perfectly, I'm just not a fan of that ken doll look where guys literally have not an ounce of hair anywhere. I mean I get that there are some ethnicities that tend not to have very much of it, like native americans, but that's not everyone
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Marktn wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

I have some body hair cc that looks nice.
    Me too. It works as a tattoo though, I regret that. Which one do you use?

I have 4 different kinds of cc for men and 2 for women that gives me a variety of options for my sims.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I would prefer for EA to introduce body hair just like they have facial hair in Sims 4. I don't want to have to resort to using CC for it. I prefer to keep CC out of my game.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Even if they couldn't make it fit perfectly, I'm just not a fan of that ken doll look where guys literally have not an ounce of hair anywhere. I mean I get that there are some ethnicities that tend not to have very much of it, like native americans, but that's not everyone

Or barbie doll look. If they are going to make sims' bodies more natural looking with body hair, it should not only be for the males!
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I wish they would add body hair like a tattoo layer. I would love that.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • BluessunBluessun Posts: 139 Member
    Quoting LGR;
    "who needs a sweater when you look like a werewolf"
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Maybe if they ever add werewolves they'll add other body hair types as well?

I mean they can still add it they added the facial blemishes with Parenthood and patched in the teeth options when they added vampires.
    ~ ~ ~
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

I have 4 different kinds of cc for men and 2 for women that gives me a variety of options for my sims.
    Could you link them for me please? I'd like to check them out :smile:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Well, the excuse is that they don't feel it fits with the game's art style and therefore they won't do it. It's not that they can't, and we may not like the reason why they won't, but there it is all the same.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Well, the excuse is that they don't feel it fits with the game's art style and therefore they won't do it. It's not that they can't, and we may not like the reason why they won't, but there it is all the same.

More recent guru statements are more optimistic. SG Graham said on Twitter he wouldn't be surprised if body hair was on the list for the future, if I remember correctly.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited August 2018
    sunblond wrote: »

Could you link them for me please? I'd like to check them out :smile:

Lets see, search google for these if the links don't work:

erling 1974 on tumblr -this one is under face details in CAS
    http://erling1974.tumblr.com/post/136081228330/body-hair-v1-even-though-there-is-a-brilliant-body

lumiasims on tumblr V5 -found under Tattoos in CAs
    http://luumiasims.com/post/160374208324/body-hair-v5-body-hair-is-back-and-even-more

minmo blog body hair-under eyeliner in CAS
    https://siminimonster.tumblr.com/post/140281851000/moar-chest-hair-cas-stuffs-2-link-skydrive-5

xldsims tumblr recolor of lumis simsBH, this one addes all the colors to the V4 of lumislovers BH-also Tattoos can be used with LL V5
    http://xldsims.tumblr.com/post/155480567079/new-years-2017-luumiasimslumialoversims-body

Edited for content. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

They never said that it doesn't fit or that they won't do it, they just commented that doing in TS4 art style wasn't easy. They seem far more concerned about keeping a cohesive art style than in previous iterations, which is a good thing in my mind.
    If we ever do it for real, it will definitely need some exploration like different thicknesses of hair, where is the hair located, and such. Translating photo references to our style can be quite the challenge! Just for fun, I tried drawing body hair in our art style once, and I gotta say... it is hard. lol.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    For body hair I would love to break the new "no petitions rule" >:)
    What no petitions rule?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    What no petitions rule?

Look at the new forum rules. They consider petitions not useful and productive.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What no petitions rule?

Look at the new forum rules. They consider petitions not useful and productive.
    *sighing* So useless, at all! That's OK, I'll have ideas instead. :(
    Oh hey check out how I tell if we figure it out which artist can sing and rap in simlish right down here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922750/hip-hop-r-b-and-latin-salsa-are-in-the-works
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I SAY IF A MODDER CAN DO IT SO CAN THE SIMS TEAM.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Preslynn wrote: »
    > @So_Money said:
    > Obviously it's possible, so at this point I'm pretty sure they feel it doesn't fit with TS4's aesthetic. That's probably why it hasn't been added.

I downloaded a mod for it and I really think it DOES fit. And I shun alpha hair, custom skins, eyelashes etc. Any of the "hyper realistic" stuff, I don't have it. So my male Sims look all maxis, with body hair and it looks good with the aesthetics to me. I wish I could add pictures but alas, I'm a "new" member.

I agree, I use more alpha cc than anything but even the random townies I've seen with just the body hair and no other cc it has looked brilliant.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Only if they add it for the ladies as well. I have a few lady sims who would be all about the all natural look.

same!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would like to see some body hair.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I dunno about art style. Maybe they think that it's hard to come up with something that matches the clay-like hair and also looks good.

I use Lumia's body hair, and it looks great on my sims. I only wish there were an official body hair category.
    hAqd9jy.jpg

What exactly would body hair that fits the game's art style look like anyway?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    thank god for CC because I really don't like my male sims to not have body hair, it just looks so weird to me.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Seems weird to me to see a full-grown man with zero body hair.
    I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online, and I noticed all the male characters have body hair by default, and you can't change it. LOL. Not that I'd want to ... I think it looks great. (Well, the lizard people don't have body hair, but all the other races do.) :p
    We have great-looking male Sims in TS4, they needs some hair, yo!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have CC body hair already, and I don't think it takes away from the stylized art or Sims appearance. It makes the Sims look less plastic and fake.

If they are having problems adapting body hair to their flat stylized concept of regular hair then it sounds like I wouldn't want their version anyway. Maybe they should look at what's already available and see how exactly that compliments the art style before trying to release something that clearly will not look good.

I should probably add that overall I like the art style they are going with. (Like it a lot more when they first showed it off.... but that's in the past) All of my CC is maxis match, and CC that doesn't conform to Maxis art standards is not added to my game. However, I still have body hair and use it with pretty much every male Sim. I have never thought it didn't match actually, it's such a small detail. IMO they are overthinking it by a long shot.
    Post edited by drake_mccarty on
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I have CC body hair already, and I don't think it takes away from the stylized art or Sims appearance. It makes the Sims look less plastic and fake.

If they are having problems adapting body hair to their flat stylized concept of regular hair then it sounds like I wouldn't want their version anyway. Maybe they should look at what's already available and see how exactly that compliments the art style before trying to release something that clearly will not look good.

I should probably add that overall I like the art style they are going with. (Like it a lot more when they first showed it off.... but that's in the past) All of my CC is maxis match, and CC that doesn't conform to Maxis art standards is not added to my game. However, I still have body hair and use it with pretty much every male Sim. I have never thought it didn't match actually, it's such a small detail. IMO they are overthinking it by a long shot.

I can't remember which one I got but its maxis match looking, its nice looking but isn't realistic looking and it matches the style perfectly. I agree with you.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I dunno about art style. Maybe they think that it's hard to come up with something that matches the clay-like hair and also looks good.

I use Lumia's body hair, and it looks great on my sims. I only wish there were an official body hair category.
    hAqd9jy.jpg

What exactly would body hair that fits the game's art style look like anyway?

I use Lumia's body hair as well, I like that he has several different choices in thickness to choose from, I am still using version 4 which uses the back tattoo, which is fine for me, I don't usually give my guys back tats. I don't think I could ever go back to no body hair in the game.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4