Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is body hair still a possibility?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    Jean wrote: »
    I use CC body hair and I think I'd like this even better than EA's default.

true. but not everybody should have to rely on CC/MODS :(

I personally love using it, however if it was available without modding. I'd take it.

EA's default does at least work for a lot of people. of course not as good. but having the those for both at least helps those who cant use 3rd party stuff.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited June 2018
    Bearflex wrote: »
    @Irdiwen can you share what site you got your body hair from?

if you google it you will get a whole host of hits.

exsample

The Sims 4 body hair mod ;)

if you ever need to find anything for this game just type what it is with the sims 4 in the search!

found some awesome stuff doing this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+sims+4+body+hair+download&oq=the+sims+4+body+hair&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.11083j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Love seeing this thread repeatedly pop up.

Body hair should absolutely not be a CC only thing. If anything, how much CC there is for body hair should be a sign to the developers that fans want it and it should be made official.

As to the art style comment I see here and there, anything can be drawn in any art style, and ultimately it will look like that art style. We have hair, we have beards, we have tattoos. All things that are hair and/or lay close to the body. It'd look fine. They would draw it in their art style, and it'd work, whether it was flat and had individual hairs or it was more clumpy/solid. It'd work because art styles come in so many, many varieties. If it exists, it can be drawn. They've done hair before. They've got this.

Also, and I've said this before. Body Hair is a thing people have. It's a thing that society has put weird stigmas and pressures on. It's natural. It's (even if most consider this to be minor) about being inclusive. Let people represent they type of people they want, let them put themselves in the game, whatever. The addition of official body hair done by Maxis is yet another way to say, 'hey, everyone is welcome no matter who you are or what you look like.'

So.

Body Hair. Yes. Yes. Yes.

To summarize:
    Much CC represents a demand that Maxis should fill.
    They've drawn hair, they can draw body hair.
    Yay for being inclusive!
    a63ftuN.png
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    Too bad, people have voted for witches and fairies instead of werewolf... Hope that cause they gave us that choice, they finally find a way to do bodyhair!
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    Hope as well that they reconsidered the thing, and make werewolf, think about this, as for the tooth in the vampyr pack, they could had bodyhair and nails! Why not implement two things one typically manly and the other feminin.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some content from this thread due to it being inappropriate for the forums, as a reminder please keep all content (including links to other pages) forum appropriate. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Body hair will not be appropriate in The SIms 4 because it doesn't fit the game's art style.

I only use maxis-match CC and I have Luumia's body hair in my game, I think it fits the game's art syle. But still, I wish they would add body hair in the game so it wouldn't take a tattoo slot (body hairs are usually considered a chest tattoo and sometimes I want my sims to have both a chest tattoo and body hair).
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    I agree with @lexus20, it would be nice to be able to have both. If I can't have body hair I would at least like to have a greater variety of tattoos--ones for legs also. it would be nice if they brought back the tattoo parlor from the Sims 3 as a game pack.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    A sim guru has commented on it. They said that they tried to make some and see how it looked, but couldn't make any that looked right with the art style.
    Yes, I remember, and then came all those modders and did a perfectly good job. So they can take that for an example. No excuses.

Well, the excuse is that they don't feel it fits with the game's art style and therefore they won't do it. It's not that they can't, and we may not like the reason why they won't, but there it is all the same.

Some things just make me believe that the SimGurus are selfish and just want what they want in the game. Of course, I understand that it is they who work hard to produce things, but could they do it without the money we give them?
    But, besides that, where did you saw they saying that they are not going to add body hair cuz they dont think it fits the game?!
    It's apparent from the mods I've seen of body hair is that it fits the game's art style just fine and previous versions of the Sims had it. I'm trying to avoid mods as they always seem to be getting broken and causing game issues.
  • Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    Now that you say it, I don’t remember seeing it! I only think facial hair is available!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2018
    Terra wrote: »
    Just look at the CAS content, body hair requires details but TS4 CAS content gets less details day after day.

I think the hairs we get these days are actually a lot more detailed than lots of the base game hairs.

I agree with the people saying we need more tattoos too! Body hair and tattoos help differentiate Sims!
    Hairs have better textures and shine to them then base game hairs. I can't even use the majority of the base game hairs as they look bad and blocky compared to newer hairs.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I personally don't like some of the CC for being too OTT. I like the style just the way it is. New, high-rez, shiny hair would seem very out of place for this art style.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I've been hoping for body for a while now. In Sims 3, I always made my male sim hairy all around. Wish we had the option to do so in Sims 4 without needing custom content, but alas, I downloaded some body hair cc. Can't keep waiting for the team to add content I can get instantly from amazing modders/cc creators. Played vanilla since Sims 4 came out and only recently gave in after downloading MCCC, the gateway to all things mod/cc related. Sure, cc and mods can glitch but our game in its vanilla state is buggy and glitchy.

Maybe it will get patched in when we get werewolves, like others suggested. Or maybe it'll come out with Sims 4 Generations GP/EP like Sims 3 Generations did? Here's to still hoping over a year later, OP.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they can do facial hair, they can do body hair. The question is when, not if.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If they can do facial hair, they can do body hair. The question is when, not if.

and how much its gonna cost us :p

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I wish we didn't have that in real life too. So gross

I'm gonna go out there and say I like a hairy man :wink:

Plus its completely natural.
    giphy.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

The price of a werewolf pack. :D
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    I needed body hair yesterday but I would rather have be in a patch rather than pay for it.
    They have done great Mods for it, but that makes it difficult to share your Sims with other players. They also need a larger selection of tattoos.
    marcel21 wrote: »

The price of a werewolf pack. :D

Regular body hair in a werewolf pack :o
    Regular Body hair should be free!
    of course, I will have more sense not to buy it.
    some people will buy anything in the sims 4 lol!

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    They should have a few options (one with just leg hair, one with arm and leg hair, one with chest hair added to the other 2, one with back hair added, and one that is as hairy as actor/comedian Robin Williams).
    The Sims 3 had great Tats and body hair. Syndromes I want to reinstall that certain of the game. I miss a lot of its features.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2018
    Someone asked Grant what he missed most from Sims 3 he answered body hair... hopefully they add it to the game soon because he's not the only one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2018
    I expect the main problem with body hair is that in most mods it's implemented as a tattoo. It works just fine but if you want to have a tattoo you're out of luck. And of course you don't want it looking weird when your body changes shape. Plus, you don't want it to look too hairy if you zoom in.

Plus of course, it's CAS. I think there's a separate team that works on the CAS stuff to the packs, and there's more important things than body hair to create, like Toddler clothes and more seasonal clothes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.