Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Okay, I think all links are fixed. If anyone finds another one please let me know. I was typing the name of the link in the link box instead of copy/pasting the link and then renaming it. Duh. :)

OK, I'm going to delete that long post with all the links then. No point in keeping it up now. :)
    WHAAAAAAAT!? Seriously? For real? I'm so sorry for not noticing this before, @SjappielovePaul! Is that what she meant? If so, well, I'm so grateful! ... so unbelievably grateful!!!

That's what she meant!! She owns the store so specified you to get her winnings. Her link goes to your wishlist so CONGRATS!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated, thanks to @Astreia for picking a number, and thanks to @Pinkiesweets4 for sponsoring! Let's have a great November!!
    I think @funkeeferret passed out from the shock :lol:

ETA: Or maybe she’s shopping, that’s a lotta SP!

Yes, I am still quite shocked and very thankful! And yes, that's a lotta SP. It also takes a bit of strategy to make sure I don't pick single items of sets I will want in the future. I don't want to waste anyone's points on a later purchase. I'm not as point/set savvy as the peeps on the Daily Deal thread, so I'm not always sure I'm doing the right thing, haha. But I think I have finally narrowed it down and will post the list and my proper thanks soon. :smiley:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @funkeeferret Oh my! I need to start checking my links! Thanks so much for all your hard work. I'll get those corrected.

And now, due to your pointing me in the right direction, I noticed something else. YOU ARE THE OCTOBER WINNER!!! @SjappielovePaul specified in her entry that her winnings go to YOU!! Yippee, yay, hoorah!!! You've pulled off a hat trick. :lol: So please post what gifts you would like with your 2500 SP! :kissing:

WHAAAAAAAT!? Seriously? For real? I'm so sorry for not noticing this before, @SjappielovePaul! Is that what she meant? If so, well, I'm so grateful! ... so unbelievably grateful!!!

Yeahhh I always hide the person so it's a real surprise, so you couldn't help not noticing hehe! I hope you'll enjoy whatever you choose :)
    And the winner is.... it’s @SjappielovePaul ! Please let @Pinkiesweets4 know where you want your points to go!

Thank you! I'm glad you all like the school :) it's fun to create again, I've missed it a lot!

Well, @SjappielovePaul, aren't you the sneaky one! :wink::blush: It was definitely a surprise!!! A very big and very wonderful surprise! Thank you!!!
    Yep, I love your school! I can't begin to imagine the amount of time spent making it and the work that went in to planning it. I love all the little details too. It's awesome! It sure is fun to get back into something you love doing. :)
    And yes, I am definitely choosing things I love! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    OK, wow, without further ado, here is my crazy big list for the game prize. I moved up all the items to the top of the wish list to hopefully make it a bit easier to find the stuff. Wow, so excited. :smiley:

Wishlist:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=funkeeferret

I believe the prize that @Pinkiesweets4 donated was a whopping 2500. If that's not correct, let me know.

1900 The Boardwalk
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=&pcategoryId=&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:71237

309 Frost-Bite Pro Ice Cream Machine
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50389&categoryId=13506&section=UpSell

100 Lovely Leaf Chair
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:69798&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

99 Sweetly Swept Back hairstyle for men
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38574&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

75 Diva Dress
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:55078&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

13 Palm In Vase
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17116&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

Total = 2496

Wow. That was something! I had great fun choosing all these cool things. Oh, if only I was a Sim!
    My dream venue choice is the Boardwalk! I have wanted the Boardwalk for quite some time. I love the rollercoaster and think it will be a lot of fun to build and play.
    I have always loved the look of the ice cream machine. My Sims love the snow cone machine, so the ice cream machine will be great for indoor parties, which we tend to do a lot of. And I love ice cream.
    To me, the Lovely Leaf Chair just says Thanksgiving Dinner in a big way so bring on the turkey and stuffing!
    I have had my eye on the Swept Back hairstyle for men as I love good looking guys in my game and can't wait to see who ends up with this one. ;)
    The Diva dress was a no brainer for some of my girls who love to get noticed. Gorgeous!
    And I love table plants and palm trees, so the Palm in Vase is perfect!

Thanks so very much to @Pinkiesweets4 for her generosity in donating this month's prize. Wow, I really do appreciate it so very much! This was such fun picking out so many wonderful prizes and I know my Sims will have a great time with these special gifts. :smiley:

Thanks also so much to @SjappielovePaul for generously donated the points she won! I am so grateful! I will really enjoy playing with such fun items. That sure was some surprise! Thanks also for jumping in and playing the game with your amazing school.

Thanks once again to @ZeeGee for hosting the game again this month. She's always so cheery no matter what we throw at her :wink: and if it weren't for her reviving this game, I know I would be having a lot less Sim fun these days, lol.

Thanks to @Envyfan for playing the game and making such cute, adorable, houses for so many to enjoy.
    Thanks to @Astreia for picking the number that led to this unexpected surprise.
    And thanks to @ciane for requesting the stories because those are truly a labor of love.
    Post edited by funkeeferret on
  • Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    Congrats @funkeeferret !!!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @funkeeferret Oh my! I need to start checking my links! Thanks so much for all your hard work. I'll get those corrected.

And now, due to your pointing me in the right direction, I noticed something else. YOU ARE THE OCTOBER WINNER!!! @SjappielovePaul specified in her entry that her winnings go to YOU!! Yippee, yay, hoorah!!! You've pulled off a hat trick. :lol: So please post what gifts you would like with your 2500 SP! :kissing:

Yeahhh I always hide the person so it's a real surprise, so you couldn't help not noticing hehe! I hope you'll enjoy whatever you choose :)
    And the winner is.... it’s @SjappielovePaul ! Please let @Pinkiesweets4 know where you want your points to go!

Thank you! I'm glad you all like the school :) it's fun to create again, I've missed it a lot!

Well, @SjappielovePaul, aren't you the sneaky one! :wink::blush: It was definitely a surprise!!! A very big and very wonderful surprise! Thank you!!!
    Yep, I love your school! I can't begin to imagine the amount of time spent making it and the work that went in to planning it. I love all the little details too. It's awesome! It sure is fun to get back into something you love doing. :)
    And yes, I am definitely choosing things I love! :smiley:

The first time around I spent about 3 days on the school, I believe. The remodelling took one afternoon and evening, but it was worth it, our project got the best possible score! And it helps @ZeeGee out, because it turned out to be something she was looking for :) and now it even helps you out haha!

I'm really glad you're so happy with your points :) I'm sure you'll love the rollercoaster! The boardwalk itself is a very nice lot, I like my Sims to have dates and stuff there. And for other worlds I created their own little fun-packed-carnival lots with rollercoasters, it's a lot of fun I think!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Envyfan wrote: »
    Congrats @funkeeferret !!!

Aw, thank you, Envyfan. :)
    The first time around I spent about 3 days on the school, I believe. The remodelling took one afternoon and evening, but it was worth it, our project got the best possible score! And it helps @ZeeGee out, because it turned out to be something she was looking for :) and now it even helps you out haha!

I'm really glad you're so happy with your points :) I'm sure you'll love the rollercoaster! The boardwalk itself is a very nice lot, I like my Sims to have dates and stuff there. And for other worlds I created their own little fun-packed-carnival lots with rollercoasters, it's a lot of fun I think!

Yes, your school turned out to be a win win win. Congrats on getting the best possible score. I know sometimes I wonder about spending so much time building in Sims, but once the house is complete, I'm always glad to have done it. It's just plain fun, most of the time and I always learn something new.

Oh, that's a great idea to use the boardwalk for dates. Sometimes I find myself at a loss trying to think up new places to go. :)

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Oh my gosh, I was so far behind! Between family/social stuff (they are the same thing) and a few hours of work on Sunday, I haven't stopped since last Thursday, which has left me exhausted. I have barely been online, and then only on my phone. My emails were insane.

To be honest, I've only gone over the posts quickly. I'll read them thoroughly tomorrow. But a few thoughts:

@funkeeferret I love the new house. That display cabinet in the front room is a new one for me. I'm always amazed at how much content I have yet to discover, even though it is all in my game somewhere. More honesty, I'm not one for reading Sim stories. So I hope we can still be friends when I tell you honestly that reading it is just not going to happen. I was afraid that if I said nothing you'd think I didn't like it and stayed silent to be nice. (Hmmm, I hope that was the right way to say that.)

@SjappielovePaul the shear magnitude of your build astounds me! It doesn't phase me to build a giant park, but to do something requiring so much structure and furnishings... wow.

Did I really not post my Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon entry? Well, I guess I have November's entry ready. I wanted to get some pics of them together, and never got to it. I'm thinking wedding pics.

Ok, enough for tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow. But it was so cool to see so much happening, even if I was MIA during it all.

PS I will re-read your question on links @ZeeGee and let you know if I have any input.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    @funkeeferret You're welcome and yes! It is 2500. Going to have a big prize this month too! @Pinkiesweets4 is sponsoring again. :)

Also, did you know with the 'complete your set' discount it's cheaper to buy an item from the set? Brings the price way down on the set. As long as it's 'complete your set' enabled. :)

@Jude525 Thanks! Nice to see you back. Looking forward to your entry.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @funkeeferret You're welcome and yes! It is 2500. Going to have a big prize this month too! @Pinkiesweets4 is sponsoring again. :)

Also, did you know with the 'complete your set' discount it's cheaper to buy an item from the set? Brings the price way down on the set. As long as it's 'complete your set' enabled. :)

Thanks, ZeeGee. Yes, I've been reading up on the complete your set discounts. I snagged that Animals Abound cascade deal. That was a goodie. I have noticed the much lower prices on sets where I already have one item or more items. It worked really good for the set with the crystal ball, which is completed, and I notice the cow plant items, like the arcade game is really cheap now because of items I was able to snag in 2012. So I'm watching and am careful, lol.

Oh, wow, how nice that @Pinkiesweets4 is sponsoring again! How nice of her and such great news! We seem to get more entries each month the game goes on. I have a feeling we will have more entries this month too. :)

@Jude525, Thanks for liking the house. That's what I love about this game. There are always so many new things to discover. Oh, and about the story, haha, no worries. :)

Post edited by funkeeferret on
  • Options
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @SjappielovePaul the shear magnitude of your build astounds me! It doesn't phase me to build a giant park, but to do something requiring so much structure and furnishings... wow.

Did I really not post my Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon entry? Well, I guess I have November's entry ready. I wanted to get some pics of them together, and never got to it. I'm thinking wedding pics.

Ok, enough for tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow. But it was so cool to see so much happening, even if I was MIA during it all.

PS I will re-read your question on links @ZeeGee and let you know if I have any input.

The worst part is the game gets slow :P it hates big, packed lots, but that doesn't matter, it's great fun to decide on all the details! And to be fair, there doesn't even go that much furniture into the regular classrooms.

What's that about Patrick Jane and Theresa Lisbon? I'm excited!!!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Yes, @SjappielovePaul, I've made your Mentalist couple. I just want to get some good couples' shots before posting them. Actually, I haven't seen the show in YEARS (didn't know they'd gotten married until I was researching good photos of the actors to work from) so if you could let me know what traits you want them to have, that would be great. I forget what I ended up giving them, and maybe we're both on the same page. I mean, the story may have progressed over the seasons, but they were who they were. I'll pull them up tomorrow and post what traits I gave them, but I really want to know which traits you want them to have if you are going to be playing them.

I tried to match her wedding gown as closely as possible, especially the headpiece/veil. But it was tough because of the way it switched. I really loved what I saw from the show. But had to choose one or the other in game, so went with a headpiece because the hair that came with it was the closest.

I also tried to match his almost coral pink lips. What a disaster! I used lipstick to do this. But when I brought him into the game the normal lipstick had been switched out with some bizarre three tone striped thing. Possibly from Showtime? Anyway, I just deleted the makeup completely. But I'm very disappointed because Simon Baker's lips are distinctive.

LOL, all this info and no posting/pics. Sorry. I'll try to stage the wedding pics tomorrow and get the entry posted then. I plan to be home and doing as close to nothing as possible, so it'll be a good day for it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jude525 Oh tv characters! Was wondering who they were. You've probably thought of this? But I'll post it anyway. :) With men it's good to put lipstick on them but then bring the slider down to where it's almost translucent to make it look natural. That stripey thing, ugh. Wonder why it switched it out.
  • Options
    Yes, it was at about 30% translucent. But it changed from a normal pattern to the stripe down the middle thing all by itself. Oh well. Maybe I'll give it another try before submitting it. It really makes a difference.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    It does. That default color is unrealistic.
  • Options
    I am soo excited! Now I can put Elvis and Patrick and Theresa in Lucky Palms! I know Patrick and Theresa are actually Californian, but Patrick loves gambling and solving cases in gambling areas :)

I like their love story, Simon Baker is a very good actor. You can just see the doubts Patrick has, the fear of losing another loved one. The insecurities, man, I really felt it.

Phew, to be honest I didn't gave their traits much thought yet Jude525. Though Patrick should be a genius probably or the 'opmerkzaam' one, I don't know what that's called in English.

You're right though, his lips are... one of a kind. I'm very glad with your advice @ZeeGee, I never thought off using make up on men to get more realistic lips.
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I remember many years ago, in my 20s, my friends and I would walk during lunch. For a few weeks there was construction happening along our route. One of the workers had a nice even tan and the most amazing coral pink lips. They would put Simon Baker's to shame. Needless to say, I insisted on walking EVERY day until the work was done. B) And, no, I never introduced myself or anything like that. I was horribly shy at the time and probably missed a ton of romantic possibilities as a result. Not saying that he was or wasn't so inclined, just that I NEVER would have even started a conversation to find out. Heck, shortly afterward my friend that I worked with and I realized that I had definitely missed a chance at something, though maybe more brief than romantic, with a co-worker. But, again, I was both slow to recognize clues and shy to follow through. Oh, well. I guess it kept me out of trouble.

Extra: It wasn't until my third date with a different co-worker that I was certain that we were dating and actually attempted something romantic. But, in that situation, he had never dated a guy before and was being very shy as well. We were together over a year, so we obviously figured it out. This was back in the 80s, when it was very important not to make a mis-step with co-workers in this area. Approaching someone who wasn't gay, or at least wasn't out, could destroy a career. I'm glad things have improved, for the most part.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    how is everyone's entrys going? i'm trying to make a modern home for Creativity_Rulez... it's been difficult so far. I just don't understand them :(
    (don't mind me, just very slowly getting to the amount of posts i need)
  • Options
    how is everyone's entrys going? i'm trying to make a modern home for Creativity_Rulez... it's been difficult so far. I just don't understand them :(
    (don't mind me, just very slowly getting to the amount of posts i need)

Keep up the good work on the entries and the posting, @Envyfan. I've been liking your posts to get your count up and I'm sure others have too. Things get a lot easier once you become a member, so post away! ;)
    I know what you mean, modern houses do not come easy for me either. I look for pictures online for ideas and try to copy those. You did a nice job on your modern house. :)
    I've been busy moving my store items to a new computer, but in the meantime, I would like to start working on a house on a 30 x 30 lot. It might be a bit more expensive than a starter, but I know I won't have enough time this month and next month, with the holidays coming, to make a house as large as the Palmbury house. That one took a very long time to complete.
    :)
  • Options
    @funkeeferret yep, references are the only way i'll get though this house.
    30x30 is a nice size, i like working with small lots because i'm terrible with large yards.
    the Palmbury House looked awesome! i wish i had the attention span to make a large house like that, i always lose motivation part way though.
  • Options
    @Envyfan You get a 200 sp prize for entering the contest this month! I'll be gifting you so please let me know what you would like. :)
  • Options
    @funkeeferret yep, references are the only way i'll get though this house.
    30x30 is a nice size, i like working with small lots because i'm terrible with large yards.
    the Palmbury House looked awesome! i wish i had the attention span to make a large house like that, i always lose motivation part way though.

Thank you, Envyfan! I worked on the Palmbury house for a few weeks, a bit at a time. I could have never done that in one sitting or even three sittings, lol. Sometimes you have to leave something alone for a while, start working on something else, and get back to the original later. Well, you know all that, already, I'm sure, since you draw. :)
  • Options
    @funkeeferret Love the new avi! And @Envyfan Keep on posting, just 6 more I think! I think I've liked all your posts but I'll check back to make sure.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee yep, just a few more posts!

@funkeeferret A little bit at a time is the way to go, i've had to do that with all my houses lately. over half a year ago i could put in a good 5 hours in to a house at a time. i think i burnt myself out over the summer and havn't been in the mood to play since, at least i can still build.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee WHAT!?? 200 sp?!? Seriously??!
    well that sure is a motivator to get it done quickly, i'm going to have to think about what i want. hmm...
  • Options
    @ZeeGee AHHH I forgot to say thank you!
    Thank you so much!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top