Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Can't Start (update problem)

Comments

• Options
    PrivateProfilePrivateProfile Posts: 8 New Member
    Sorry I can't start a new discussion yet but if anyone sees this and knows how to help please do!:

I can start the game but I'm having issues when clicking to play with a family. Someone last night in one of the cats and dogs live stream on youtube said it's because I use CC. I do not use weird CC I only do in build mode and nothing too crazy just off grid building and bb.moveobjects so I don't think it's that. It shows me this ? (I will insert a picture link, sorry it uploaded upside down for some reason) And I've updated the game and repaired it on origin several times and it doesn't work. I play on MAC. Anyone has any ideas?

tinypic.com/r/66j34m/9
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Sorry I can't start a new discussion yet but if anyone sees this and knows how to help please do!:

I can start the game but I'm having issues when clicking to play with a family. Someone last night in one of the cats and dogs live stream on youtube said it's because I use CC. I do not use weird CC I only do in build mode and nothing too crazy just off grid building and bb.moveobjects so I don't think it's that. It shows me this ? (I will insert a picture link, sorry it uploaded upside down for some reason) And I've updated the game and repaired it on origin several times and it doesn't work. I play on MAC. Anyone has any ideas?

tinypic.com/r/66j34m/9

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-102/td-p/6402676

Try going to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue is also in that save game version.
  • Options
    linnvkvia123linnvkvia123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t start my game in origin after i downloaded things from thesimsrescouce to the mods map on my mac..
  • Options
    I can’t start my game in origin after i downloaded things from thesimsrescouce to the mods map on my mac..

Hello @linnvkvia123
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    Start by testing first the cc items that you recently downloaded.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

February11 wrote: »
    I can now surmise that this problem is not related to windows updates, anti-virus or firewall, so I don't know where the problem is laying.
    All I know it'll be probably on going and the fix is (in my case) to run the patch, and once it fails to update, do a game repair, let it run it's course without turning anything off when it takes forever to finalize as that's when I had the BSOD and virtual laptop freeze. Patience. I wonder how many other people are going through this, or if it's just my computer.

Hi @February11

I have not updated the game, therefore have nothing to report. Apologies.

Will try updating; then installing C & D the first of next week, IF some of the other snafus have been worked through by then.

In the meantime, I was sorry to see you are still struggling with this. ~sad weary smile~

~happy simming~

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Right this little patch updated without a problem.
    Could be that it was a small in between patch and not a monthly update.
    The only other difference is that I did the update at home as opposed to at work. Don't see why that would make any difference unless it's an internet network thing.
    Will see what happens again next time.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Right this little patch updated without a problem.
    Could be that it was a small in between patch and not a monthly update.
    The only other difference is that I did the update at home as opposed to at work. Don't see why that would make any difference unless it's an internet network thing.
    Will see what happens again next time.

I am glad that the patch updated without issues! :) That is great!
  • Options
    I can now surmise that this problem is not related to windows updates, anti-virus or firewall, so I don't know where the problem is laying.
    All I know it'll be probably on going and the fix is (in my case) to run the patch, and once it fails to update, do a game repair, let it run it's course without turning anything off when it takes forever to finalize as that's when I had the BSOD and virtual laptop freeze. Patience. I wonder how many other people are going through this, or if it's just my computer.

I tend to agree with you regarding the bolded text above.

I have just completed the patch (The BIG one for Cats & Dogs) without a hitch.

Took a different path this time around and no problems to report what-so-ever.

Sometime between the patch in October and this one, I had paused OneDrive, as I never activated the account. Frankly, I was surprised to even see it running (pffft Who knew?!) that might have helped as it is an active little blighter.

Removed all MODS, leaving in place the Mods Folder and the EA Resource cfg only, as I usually pull the entire folder. ~shrugs~

Instead of clicking the update button, I clicked the "Repair Game" option. Since we always seem to have to end up there, I thought... Why not start there. The program was slow to repair as my high-speed internet was crawling not because of anything EA/Origin related. Anyway, when the program "Repaired" it also updated and the "PLAY" button was active. The game booted right up, no restarts, no fiddling with this or trying that, Easy Peasy!

I have also considered your internet connection thoughts. But, with the crawl I tend to experience sporadically during the cold and rainy months, I would not hazard to guess that one.

I am off to install the latest EP. Wish me luck, as I wish you in return. ~warm smile~

Until next time

~happy simming~

• Options
    Aunza wrote: »

I tend to agree with you regarding the bolded text above.

I have just completed the patch (The BIG one for Cats & Dogs) without a hitch.

Took a different path this time around and no problems to report what-so-ever.

Sometime between the patch in October and this one, I had paused OneDrive, as I never activated the account. Frankly, I was surprised to even see it running (pffft Who knew?!) that might have helped as it is an active little blighter.

Removed all MODS, leaving in place the Mods Folder and the EA Resource cfg only, as I usually pull the entire folder. ~shrugs~

Instead of clicking the update button, I clicked the "Repair Game" option. Since we always seem to have to end up there, I thought... Why not start there. The program was slow to repair as my high-speed internet was crawling not because of anything EA/Origin related. Anyway, when the program "Repaired" it also updated and the "PLAY" button was active. The game booted right up, no restarts, no fiddling with this or trying that, Easy Peasy!

I have also considered your internet connection thoughts. But, with the crawl I tend to experience sporadically during the cold and rainy months, I would not hazard to guess that one.

I am off to install the latest EP. Wish me luck, as I wish you in return. ~warm smile~

Until next time

~happy simming~

That's good to hear you installed it in one hit - successfully. I'll keep that in mind next time, to repair before I update. I'd wondered about doing that first before, but forgot about it with the anxiety which I get the moment I see update available! :#
    Let us know how you go with your latest EP. Good luck.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

@February11

Hiya,

The EP installed with nary a glitch or even a hiccup.

Created a new sim to explore with, still no problems.

Off to find the current version of the mods I am currently unwilling to play without.

We have high wind warnings for this evening. Therefore, I will likely be taking a break soon.

Remember, when you do the "Repair Game" first... The program updates at the same time. It is kind of like one stop shopping. ~smiles~

Thank-you for the luck!

Hopefully this work-around will work for you with the next update.

I like smiles of satisfaction. ~laughs~

I will check back then.

Stay in touch and...

~happy simming~

• Options
    @February11

Hiya,

The EP installed with nary a glitch or even a hiccup.

Created a new sim to explore with, still no problems.

Off to find the current version of the mods I am currently unwilling to play without.

We have high wind warnings for this evening. Therefore, I will likely be taking a break soon.

Remember, when you do the "Repair Game" first... The program updates at the same time. It is kind of like one stop shopping. ~smiles~

Thank-you for the luck!

Hopefully this work-around will work for you with the next update.

I like smiles of satisfaction. ~laughs~

I will check back then.

Stay in touch and...

~happy simming~
    I hope that will apply to my next update. :#
    Happy simming to you too :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Oh no, here we go again. I did what Aunza suggested, and nope, failed again. Now to go through all that process again!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Right, working again.
    Repair game, failed to update, completely shut down, restarted, hit update game, didn't respond, hit repair game again, and bingo! It worked.
    A bit of a process, but at least I have a work around.
    Thanks for listening :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

@Rosemow,

Thank-you for the well wishes above.

&

Thank-YOU, for being a kind, supportive soul.

I do not know how you keep up with us all!

~smiles~

@February11,

Passing you my bottle of 300 count Excedrin saying

"There are a couple left, I will share"

Once again, I would like to offer my apologies.

"If wishes were fishes..."

Commiserating with you, as this update blew up in my face too.

What a puzzle!

Glad you found a workaround and are able to play again.

~smiles~

&

~happy simming~

(Aunza walks away quietly, sad and contemplative)
  • Options
    @Rosemow,

Thank-you for the well wishes above.

&

Thank-YOU, for being a kind, supportive soul.

I do not know how you keep up with us all!

~smiles~

@February11,

Passing you my bottle of 300 count Excedrin saying

"There are a couple left, I will share"

Once again, I would like to offer my apologies.

"If wishes were fishes..."

What a puzzle!

Glad you found a workaround and are able to play again.

~smiles~

&

~happy simming~

(Aunza walks away quietly, sad and contemplative)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options

What a puzzle!

What happened to you this time @Aunza ?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    PhoenixxPhoenixx Posts: 21 Member
    Hello, I can't make my own threads, but Windows updated last night and I have 2 Sims 4 icons on my desktop, whenever I click on any of them I get the following message:

The game The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game.
  • Options
    Phoenixx wrote: »
    Hello, I can't make my own threads, but Windows updated last night and I have 2 Sims 4 icons on my desktop, whenever I click on any of them I get the following message:

The game The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game.

Hello @Phoenixx
    Try logging into Origin, then go to the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture. A new screen will pop up. Check to see if you can launch it from there, Check to see if it says “ play” or “ download”
  • Options
    PhoenixxPhoenixx Posts: 21 Member
    @rosemow
    Thanks for the fast reply. It tells me to download.

I checked my uninstall/change program list on my computer and Sims 4 is indeed installed, so I'm really scratching my head at this one.
  • Options

What a puzzle!

Thank-you for asking. ~smiles~

Reply:

Oh gosh, wish I knew, beyond user error.

My best guess, Origin was punching through another update, as I was trying to "Repair Game." I was in error. I did not slow down and let Origin have the right of way.

Side Note:

While walking it backwards, I found beneath the "Game Properties" link, "Enable Origin In Game ..." activated. Another user error ... ~sigh~

Take care, see ya next update! It would be great news if you get a trouble free update!

As always,

~happy simming~
  • Options
    Phoenixx wrote: »
    @rosemow
    Thanks for the fast reply. It tells me to download.

I checked my uninstall/change program list on my computer and Sims 4 is indeed installed, so I'm really scratching my head at this one.

Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer and see if the issue is still there.
    If and when you press “ Download”, it may perhaps not be the full download .
    The windows update though may have caused though the game to be uninstalled, even though it is showing installed in the program list.
  • Options

What a puzzle!

Thank-you for asking. ~smiles~

Reply:

Oh gosh, wish I knew, beyond user error.

My best guess, Origin was punching through another update, as I was trying to "Repair Game." I was in error. I did not slow down and let Origin have the right of way.

Side Note:

While walking it backwards, I found beneath the "Game Properties" link, "Enable Origin In Game ..." activated. Another user error ... ~sigh~

Take care, see ya next update! It would be great news if you get a trouble free update!

As always,

~happy simming~
    In my dreams! Yes this is becoming a regular meeting place!
    So, Origin interfered! I'm beginning to dislike Origin intensely!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I just wanted to say thank you @rosemow! I was having a problem fairly similar to the OP's and your advice of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin did the trick!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻