Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Can't Start (update problem)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I just wanted to say thank you @rosemow! I was having a problem fairly similar to the OP's and your advice of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin did the trick!

You’re welcome :) It is good that the issue has been fixed .
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    I just wanted to say thank you @rosemow! I was having a problem fairly similar to the OP's and your advice of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin did the trick!

Thankfully I've only had to do that once. I hope that's all you have to do too.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Hi I just installed cats and dogs from CD keys and now my game won't start either! Same issue with the play button not being clickable! The site provided me with a code to redeem so I don't think that's the issue as my friends used the site before.
    I'm just running the repair scan now. I really hope it works! :s:s:s
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Hi I just installed cats and dogs from CD keys and now my game won't start either! Same issue with the play button not being clickable! The site provided me with a code to redeem so I don't think that's the issue as my friends used the site before.
    I'm just running the repair scan now. I really hope it works! :s:s:s

Good luck, let us know how you go.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It worked! I first quit my computer and origin updated and then when it didnt work i ran the repair thing. It went through each of the lacks I have and reinstalled them. The game works fine now! I wonder if ours were unique cases or if maybe it's a bug. Never had that happen before
    But I'm glad everything works again :)
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »
    It worked! I first quit my computer and origin updated and then when it didnt work i ran the repair thing. It went through each of the lacks I have and reinstalled them. The game works fine now! I wonder if ours were unique cases or if maybe it's a bug. Never had that happen before
    But I'm glad everything works again :)

It is great that your issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2017
    I've been reading this thread since the last update and couldn't get my game to work.

I've already tried the following :

- Playing without mods
    - Trying to repair the game multiple times
    - Reinstalling Origins

None of these worked and I still get the same CTD when I try to launch the game, I don't even get to see the Sims 4 logo lol. Not sure what happened since I could play perfectly fine with all my mods just a few days ago but it has something to do with this update.

I truly have no idea how they pulled this off on this last update.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    sidney216 wrote: »
    I've been reading this thread since the last update and couldn't get my game to work.

I've already tried the following :

- Playing without mods
    - Trying to repair the game multiple times
    - Reinstalling Origins

None of these worked and I still get the same CTD when I try to launch the game, I don't even get to see the Sims 4 logo lol. Not sure what happened since I could play perfectly fine with all my mods just a few days ago but it has something to do with this update.

I truly have no idea how they pulled this off on this last update.

Hello @sidney216

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode and see if that helps
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    I find it really annoying that since the first November patch my game has given me install issues. I have solved it each time but this time it made me re-download and then update Origin (at first telling me I wasn't online when I was so that was fun) and then had to reupdate the Sims 4.

It shouldn't require me to reboot my PC and reinstall Origin just to get my game to update :/ I don't know what causes this and I have solved it each time it's happened but it's annoying and not very customer friendly...

But the latest update was meant to fix invisible ghosts appearing in the count. And it hasn't. My game still says 132 when I have only 71 playable sims and only about three graves on any of my sim house sites. All the others are still there, I can't release them and nothing has changed. So all that hassle for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @sidney216

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Thanks for taking the time to help Rosemow, disabling Origin did the trick. Still wondering how it's possible after being able to play without issues since the release of Sims 4. Anyway, thanks again I can play and switch between Sims and Mordhau :)
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    sidney216 wrote: »

Hello @sidney216

Thanks for taking the time to help Rosemow, disabling Origin did the trick. Still wondering how it's possible after being able to play without issues since the release of Sims 4. Anyway, thanks again I can play and switch between Sims and Mordhau :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    Vraie wrote: »
    I find it really annoying that since the first November patch my game has given me install issues. I have solved it each time but this time it made me re-download and then update Origin (at first telling me I wasn't online when I was so that was fun) and then had to reupdate the Sims 4.

It shouldn't require me to reboot my PC and reinstall Origin just to get my game to update :/ I don't know what causes this and I have solved it each time it's happened but it's annoying and not very customer friendly...

But the latest update was meant to fix invisible ghosts appearing in the count. And it hasn't. My game still says 132 when I have only 71 playable sims and only about three graves on any of my sim house sites. All the others are still there, I can't release them and nothing has changed. So all that hassle for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Yes, it's very annoying. I never used to have this update issue before and now it's happening on every update. A pure waste of time.
    I didn't have the ghost issue, but that's hopeless if you still have it after the patch was meant to cure that.
    I hope you get a fix.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    *faints* - it worked without a hitch today! The first time in over 6 months!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
  • Options
    libbyroselibbyrose Posts: 1 New Member
    my game wont let me play, before and after the edit, it wont go passed the "sims 4" screen in the beginning, I got cats and dogs, and it worked for a while, but wont anymore so if someone could help that would be great!
  • Options
    libbyrose wrote: »
    my game wont let me play, before and after the edit, it wont go passed the "sims 4" screen in the beginning, I got cats and dogs, and it worked for a while, but wont anymore so if someone could help that would be great!

Hello @libbyrose
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issue is still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try starting the game in windowed mode

If the issue remains after doing these things, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    February11 wrote: »

WAHOOO!

Life is GOOD!

I am delighted! ~happy face~

Wishing you & yours all the best!

Oh,

Yes, this copy updated easy peasy too. ~big grin~

~happy simming~
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Aunza Wahoo alright! *high fives*
    Also, when I went to shut down my laptop, it wanted to do a windows update, so not being updated is nothing to do with the problem. Now we're ticking off the suspects!
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    February11 wrote: »

That is very great! :) I am pleased for you!

Thanks so much rose. It remains to be seen if the luck continues to the next patch! It's funny, today was the one day when I was that busy at work I wasn't going to do it, but couldn't help myself! I was so surprised when it had worked!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm having the same problem, my game won't start since last night. Tried all I could think of to make it work but it just won't :(
  • Options
    ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Fixed it! Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin did the trick. Really annoying way to get the game started though :)
  • Options
    Fixed it! Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin did the trick. Really annoying way to get the game started though :)

I am sorry that you had this issue. It is good that uninstalling and reinstalling origin fixed the issue.
  • Options
    LittleSimTuberLittleSimTuber Posts: 26 New Member
    my problem is everything was going good since i downloaded CAD updated mods and everything, i went to merge a household and then move them into apartment and had an endless loading screen, so i tried the half and half mod thing for days, i also batch fixed my objects. I even tried mod conflict detector a little bit, I try loading the game again (it usually take 30 mins!) it still doesn't respond after. I'll try disabling origin in-game if that works (don't know what it does) i'm bout to give up.
  • Options
    calicohcalicoh Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry for jumping in like this, I'm having very similar issues, I've just spent several hours at trying to fix the problem and I've exhausted pretty much everything I can think of. I can open Origin, and I can click play on the Sims 4, and it will minimize Origin and at first it seems like its about to open, but then Origin just maximizes again and nothing happens. I have the Sims 3, and it works fine. It's just the Sims 4 that won't run.

I've tried to repair the game several times, I've done a safe reboot, I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin, as well as the Sims 4 itself. I've tried disabling Origin in-game, I've cleared Origin's cache folders, and I did a system restore on my computer to try and resolve the issue. I'm out of ideas lol, just wondering if this exact thing is happening to anyone else? I'm having no luck with the solutions that seem to work for everyone else.
  • Options
    my problem is everything was going good since i downloaded CAD updated mods and everything, i went to merge a household and then move them into apartment and had an endless loading screen, so i tried the half and half mod thing for days, i also batch fixed my objects. I even tried mod conflict detector a little bit, I try loading the game again (it usually take 30 mins!) it still doesn't respond after. I'll try disabling origin in-game if that works (don't know what it does) i'm bout to give up.

Hello @LittleSimTuber
    Is the issue still there after you have moved your whole mods folder to the desktop, then loaded the game?