Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ciane Your soup sounds wild!
    @ADWilson My soup was butternut squash (butternut squash, carrots, onions, celery and pine kernels). It's cooling waiting to freeze befoer we go to bed. I do like tomato and basil though...

I LOVE butternut squash soup!
    Yours sounds absolutely delicious!!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I too love butternut squash soup!

And, I don't add the chickin to mine, but I added it to my hubby's and grandma's. They got corn bread to go with it!

It is something that we all made soup (and at least of two of us made bread as well).

Now, what I'd like everyone to make this weekend is more stories for me to read, but I am very, very patient. :smiley:
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Another chapter of the Old Mill - not quite in time for your weekend, I'm afraid, Ciane :blush: But better late than never...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-old-mill-chapter-5.html
    Very very very patient.....
  • Options
    So very worth the wait. Loving it! And the idea of the gnome giving that present was priceless.
  • Options
    Another enjoyable chapter @SamelaRita :)
    Well worth the wait!
    Like ciane, I laughed when I read about the gnome's gift. Patches is starting to be worth his weight in many ways.
    My favorite (from the beginning) is seeing the story unfold through the eyes of the house. Beautifully done and wonderfully paced.
  • Options
    I finished the Cooper reno. I should get pics up tomorrow.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I finished the Cooper reno. I should get pics up tomorrow.

Yay! :D
    My simming time over the weekend was exactly 0 hours, 0 minutes,0 seconds. But the windowsill is varnished, I made cherry jam and a dress for a doll for a friend's daughter and I'm starting painting the cupboards today. So I don't feel like I got nothing done - I just feel like I'm under-simmed! Not sure which emoticon to use for that - I think I need one that suggests slight twitchiness.
  • Options
    You are a whirlwind of activity and an inspiration to us all!

I've a lot of pics, so I'll probably have at least three or four chapters to finish up.
  • Options
    Looking forward to reading your chapters @ciane and seeing what happened to the Coopers.

I agree with ciane, you're quite whirlwind @SamelaRita in both time and talents! The amount of things you accomplish while someone like me would plod along is impressive.
  • Options
    Okay, I've gone through all my pics and posted all the chapters. You got five new posts I think. Just pick up at the bottom where you left off or start from the beginning again. :smiley:

http://cianesims.home.blog/story/cooper/
  • Options
    So many changes to the house and the family who live there! Nicely done @ciane :)
    I really like how fences were mended between brother & sister.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    So many changes to the house and the family who live there! Nicely done @ciane :)
    I really like how fences were mended between brother & sister.

Ditto, still sleepy despite the day of rest
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @ciane That was a really nice story, and like Addy, I liked the way the fences were mended between the brother and sister - and how the cousins interacted. Lovely renovation again!

My cherry jam , when I came to label it, turned out to be cherry sauce - first time I've ever done it, and I thought I had a set, but I didn't :/ Should be nice poured over ice cream or for cooking duck in, maybe... And I'd written the labels before I found that out. People are going to get presents that say Cherry Jam Sauce, August 2019 at Christmas :blush: Should raise a laugh or two - my friends know me quite well.
  • Options
    Love your story of the sauce! It happens. I'm sure it'll be great tasting.
  • Options
    The cherry jam might be an oops! moment but it makes for a cute story to share with family and friends.
    I'm sure it will taste great over ice cream or when cooking duck like you said, but I also thought it would be nice drizzled over certain cakes or bread. Enjoy!
  • Options
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ciane That was a really nice story, and like Addy, I liked the way the fences were mended between the brother and sister - and how the cousins interacted. Lovely renovation again!

My cherry jam , when I came to label it, turned out to be cherry sauce - first time I've ever done it, and I thought I had a set, but I didn't :/ Should be nice poured over ice cream or for cooking duck in, maybe... And I'd written the labels before I found that out. People are going to get presents that say Cherry Jam Sauce, August 2019 at Christmas :blush: Should raise a laugh or two - my friends know me quite well.

From personal experience, jam sauces make lovely glazes for cakes & savory dishes. They also make excellent sugar and (partial) liquid substitutes in cakes, cookies, and muffins. o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    I finally decided how to play Lilah Cobb in my game. IP has an unchartered island that has a 64x64 lot. Your sim just needs to boat close to it to discover it.

Unfortunately the lot wouldn't place there. I placed it on an empty lot in IP that was pretty secluded and thought maybe I could go with the story that they only thought it was uninhabited as they hadn't explored beyond their little area. But then, I thought the build was simple enough that I'd just recreate the building on the island and carry everything else that I could over in the family inventory.

I had never had a sim actually "move" to their discovered island before; but since Lilah was only a teen, she'd be out after curfew.

It's been fun playing IP again, but that chartered island has a real wonky return portal and I have to "return home" and cancel when the boat gets her next to the island. Then, I use "go here" to get her from the boat to a good spot on the island. It's always a challenge working around weird routing issues!
  • Options
    Glad you figured out how you want to play Lilah Cobb but a shame you found more issues in IP @ciane
    However, if anyone could figure out a fix/solution it would be you!!
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Glad you figured out how you want to play Lilah Cobb but a shame you found more issues in IP @ciane
    However, if anyone could figure out a fix/solution it would be you!!

That is so true! I am perpetually in awe of your ingenuity.
  • Options
    Chapter 6 is finished - I was hoping to get it done before we went away and I did :) Still have a bit of cleaning and tidying to do, but nothing that I can't fit in.
    Link here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-old-mill-chapter-6.html
  • Options
    Aw, another great chapter! You are traveling again soon? One more trip before summer is over?
  • Options
    What a lovely chapter @SamelaRita :)
    Such a great way to find enjoyment on a gloomy rainy morning! <3 how the joy child has stepped up to the plate, getting a part-time job and helping with expenses. Her bedroom is beautiful. The house is feeling loved and you can hear it in her "voice". She sounds feminine to me so that is how I think of her.
  • Options
    It's interesting that the storyteller is feminine from your perspective @ADWilson.

I posted the first two chapters for @Mmdrgntobldrgn's Cobb reno now:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/cobb/
  • Options
    The first two chapters were fun to read @ciane :)
    It's interesting watching your take on Lilah! Hoping she'll make a few friends and maybe more when the time is right.
  • Options
    I'll try to make sure any future lots are smaller in size.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top