March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    No I hate washing clothes in real life why would I want to do it in a fantasy which is suppose to be fun not work. This is like cleaning your toilet would you want to do that in a game pack too, I know they do it but it doesn't do anything for me.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Oh I forgot to add cleaning your toilet in real life is disgusting not fun at all. I am one of the older kids.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2017
    candy8 wrote: »
    No I hate washing clothes in real life why would I want to do it in a fantasy which is suppose to be fun not work. This is like cleaning your toilet would you want to do that in a game pack too, I know they do it but it doesn't do anything for me.

Not for you but I would welcome laundry items
    You can already clean a toilet in the base game.
    Like you can clean up bathrooms and kitchens anyway.

Laundry just adds realism to a sim home for some of it.

At least anybody who does not like it can skip it. Though I have a feeling some will buy it for the other content included.

To me a house should always have

Dishwasher and drier
    Trash Conpactor
    Washing machine

A house without those 4 items i would hate

I think they should bring back the Hoover that cleans up fire ash piles or flooded rooms in a second in the Sims 2 ps2.

The Hoover is missed.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Oh I forgot to add cleaning your toilet in real life is disgusting not fun at all. I am one of the older kids.

Of course it's not pleasant but laundry is not as disgusting.

• ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Yes I will, I'll buy every pack, I have ocd I gotta have every pack!
    marcel21 wrote: »

Of course it's not pleasant but laundry is not as disgusting
    Unless your clothing is very very dirty.
    I love doing laundry.
    That brightness you get with whites and the wonderful clean and fresh smelling clothing.

• BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Yes I will be getting it. But looking at my sim's routine she will barely have time to do laundries.
  • NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Yep Ill get it. The clothes line will add to my off the grid type lifestyle I want for my sims.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Kiwi_MonaKiwi_Mona Posts: 5 New Member
    Personally I will be skipping out on this SP. There might be one or two items I'm interested in inside of the pack but not enough to get it and have to worry about laundry :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm mostly sure I won't be buying it, but I just saw one of the new outfits and once I see the items IRL, I just might go ahead and get it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I will definitely buy it because I voted for the style of clothes and objects that won in the end. I wanted to have some off the grid content instead of laundry (like canning or green energy) but I'm excited about the gameplay nonetheless so it's definitely a buy for me.
  • RedBloodVampireRedBloodVampire Posts: 19 Member
    I'm going to buy it too. I was disappointed when I learn I'd have to wait until Jan to get it but I am looking forward to adding it to my game. I voted for the style too so it was fun to see what came out of all the votes.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I like that we're getting laundry back but the washing machines themselves are... Ugly. They look like they belong in a 60s stuff pack. Disappointed with that although I suppose it fits more with the eco/rustic theme.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    So when is this so called packing coming out
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Sooner or later yes, if for no other reason than to have all the stuff. I don't really have any interest in laundry, but if the other stuff in the pack is nice-looking I might get it sooner rather than later.
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    I love laundry in the Sims, so I'll probably buy it at some point.
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    I will buy it but it needs to have a feature that makes it relevant to everyday living. For instance, if a sim does not wash clothes in X amount of days they will be dirty and have negative moodlets.
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    I'll be buying it, too, although washers and dryers really should have been introduced in the Parenthood pack, IMHO.
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Since this is a SP and not a GP or EP I am not getting it becuase it will lack lots of content.
    I'll be buying it, too, although washers and dryers really should have been introduced in the Parenthood pack, IMHO.

Introduced in parenting. Why so?
    It was introduced in ambitions and with the building career in the sims 3.
    Parenting seems an odd fit to me to include laundry items.

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

I don't think it would have been too odd. Seeing as we had a lot of messy clutter items including clothing on the ground it kinda just made me wish I could have my sim tell its offspring to clean up their room throwing clothing everywhere.

I wonder if the laundry will be an add on to chores to do with parenthood.

'GO DO THE LAUNDRY.'
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I don't think it would have been too odd. Seeing as we had a lot of messy clutter items including clothing on the ground it kinda just made me wish I could have my sim tell its offspring to clean up their room throwing clothing everywhere.

I wonder if the laundry will be an add on to chores to do with parenthood.

'GO DO THE LAUNDRY.'

Oh for kids and teens for chores or punishment for missbeaving?
    Yes that would work :)

• KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    If someone buys it for me, I'll gladly accept. I don't think I'll spend my own money on it though.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Probably not, in the Sims 3, all this washing / drying only annoyed me ...
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Probably. At least I'll do my laundry in a game. :sweat_smile:
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png