March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm going to buy it only so I don't have missing items when I download from the gallery. Other than that I'm not excited about it at all. There were so many other better options.
  • MerkinsprinklesMerkinsprinkles Posts: 10 New Member
    the laundry pack should be an update, laundry was in the base game before, they keep missing opportunities to give us bunk beds in kids packs and we keep getting variations of things we already have in struff packs instead of new stuff.
  • I was definitely disappointed when laundry won, I thought the other options were far more interesting but I do think I would still buy the pack. Although I'm not a fan of the laundry aspect the items that won in the clothes vote and stuff vote were all great, the items that we would be getting would be worth the $10 in my opinion.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i am getting it I am looking forward to having laundry finally. just depends how they implement it though but so far sounds good. I just hope they plan to do even more exciting stuff for next year because this year has been meh. well you know except for todlers parenting and vampires. which is supposed to somehow make the sims 4 the best game ever. oh right and now pets. for me this year has felt very lackluster in terms of packs and i really hope this game pack is finally sign of the great things we can finally see.
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    I'm just gonna buy it for the clothes. But maybe they made laundry less annoying in Sims 4. Sims 3 drove me insane that I deleted every single laundry machine!
    latest?cb=20060827184625

And for the objects too
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    my answer is yes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    the laundry pack should be an update, laundry was in the base game before, they keep missing opportunities to give us bunk beds in kids packs and we keep getting variations of things we already have in struff packs instead of new stuff.

Laundry was a new feature to ambitions and later in a stuff pack and the Sims 3 store.
    It was never in a base game.

I agree a lot of missed opportunities. Stuff packs have always gave just new styles of stuff we already have. Apart from the few premium we get now that at times isn't worth the cost.

Laundry won't come free.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    Cringecrew wrote: »
    I'm just gonna buy it for the clothes. But maybe they made laundry less annoying in Sims 4. Sims 3 drove me insane that I deleted every single laundry machine!

Same. I need more CAS stuff for my sims.

Also, I love your profile pic :).
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    Definitely :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'll be buying it for all the wicker stuff...

As for gameplay...

I don't know if I'll use laundry with busier households as there are enough chores already, but it might give me something extra to do on single sims, the occasional family with a home-maker sim (rare for me) and will create added mess for Slobs (either from overflowing hamper or no hamper to begin with).
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I'll buy it, some spaces of certain rooms are empty in my sims homes because that's normally where the laundry area is.

@Cringecrew I heard you only need one Hamper, so no need to place one in each room like in TS3 XD (oml, it was like I was a nanny picking up after the children when the clothes were left on the floor)
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Oh! I just had a thought. Sorry if its already been mentioned (long thread now) but will the maid or the butler be able to do laundry? Like in Sims 3? Otherwise the laundry is useless for some of my playstyle, because some of my playable household are somewhat snooty and quite helpless when it comes to the, let say, every day chores. And I would love to have a little laundry in most of my homes.
    Cringecrew wrote: »

Same. I need more CAS stuff for my sims.

Also, I love your profile pic :).

Lol, thanks!
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think its' going to be the most boring pack ever :D but as I said to myself "Im going to buy EVERYTHING from The Sims 4! <3 " I think I will buy it anyway :p
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • XyrathiaXyrathia Posts: 3 New Member
    Definitely gonna buy! It would be gave something different in the story i build :D
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    I think its' going to be the most boring pack ever :D but as I said to myself "Im going to buy EVERYTHING from The Sims 4! <3 " I think I will buy it anyway :p

LOL, I pretty much agree. I don't think anything I voted for on this pack won any stage of vote, but it's only $10 and I'm sure I'll make some use out of some of the CAS and objects. However, for me personally, this pack will be about as exciting as watching laundry dry, haha.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'll be getting it, it adds to the realism and feels essential to me- plus I really like the look of the objects. Although it is kind of a strange concept for a SP. Like "whoo laundry, yeah!" lol. I think washers and dryers should've been included in either the base game or an update, That way we could've voted and wound up with a more interesting SP.
  • KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    I'll purchase it. I enjoyed laundry in earlier games. I used to use those pieces in my houses all the time.
    Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • RedBloodVampireRedBloodVampire Posts: 19 Member
    buy it, I'm looking forwarded to the pack I'm alittle disappointed that it won't be out until after dec
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well going to wait and see what the whole pack contains, but laundry not going to be a selling point for me personally.
  • Hellagood88Hellagood88 Posts: 76 Member
    Im not really sure, it kind of depends if i like the objects and clothes
  • fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    I'll be buying it.
    I don't really care about the "doing" the laundry part... I'm just looking forward to having my laundry rooms actually have laundry machines! The fact that you can also stack them is amazing.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Well, they picked the majority of items I voted for. I hope there's a sale close to the release, I'm not going full price on a pack I disdain the gameplay.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I haven't really decided yet. I kind of want it for the furniture, but have to see how the gameplay works first because that's the main thing for me even in stuff packs. I still wish it was "off the grid"!