Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAK: Pets render, box art and release date?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited June 2017
    While it's a good mock, it's clearly not an actual render. The resolution of the pets and the rest of the art doesn't match, not to mention the fact that the pets were obviously cropped on top.
  • Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    Im not sure it would be a expansion pack..
    Maybe a game pack.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Fake, as Fake can be, as a computer expert well would not go that far until I get my computer info degree, but I clicked save on the image, and the image was too short for the box lol. It looks like they just copied some website rendering sources and added it to the box to a grey box, but I don't think its real, because they can not use the color blue, because that is the color of the Game packs, also that is such a crappy collar rendering, where are the tags? I think the Pets expansion pack will be either a dog bone or a Collar and the color of the box will problely be Dark green, plus the box art front cover will show the pet objects and CAS objects added in.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    It looks like it could be real, but things can be photoshopped with some skill. I don't think that EA would release an image unless it was announced. I wish there were horses and/or farm animals. There could be two expansion packs dealing with animals: Pets (dogs, cats, horses) and Farming (with chickens, cows, pigs, maybe goats). I wish that there would be wild animals in TS4 Pets (if they make one) like wolves, owls/other birds, deer, etc. They have deer and raccoons in TS3, and it would be cool if they were in an expansion for TS4.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Oh yeah this was proven as a fake cover already. Not sure about the render, but this definitely not gonna be the cover.

Gurus cleared this out :)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2017
    oh i havent even noticed!! it is not supposed to be official. down there is written the boxart is unofficial it is just ilustrative picture
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    it's all fake as far as I'm concerned just my opinion attack me if you like don't care
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    it's all fake as far as I'm concerned just my opinion attack me if you like don't care

You are right. It is fake. The gurus confirmed it a while ago. The confirming tweet is on one of the previous pages.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Kinda surprised this isn't closed yet.

I still find the render itself very interesting. I've never seen it before, and it looks like they really are interacting with the pets. Could just also be a fake placeholder render, but it looks really good in my opinion.

It looks way better than any fan made render I've seen which makes me wonder if someone really went through the trouble of making such a believable render, just to rush the box art stuff? Doesn't make sense.

I think the render itself could be real, just not the official one for the cover.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Hope they still use the couch render idea! It looks so cozy and fitting for a Pets EP!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Yeah this render looks lime it had to be created by professionals.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    The new one looks so much cleaner and put together.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

They look like my dogs..not the breed but they could lose a pound or two. lol Feel the ribs never see them. But if you can't feel them then it's time for a diet. That's the first thing I noticed, wonder if we can make them fatter or thinner because those could lose ten pounds to be healthier. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited August 2017
    According to the Sims Community, it was real all along. Check their Twitter...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2017
    Marnetti wrote: »
    According to the Sims Community, it was real all along. Check their Twitter...

That was my immediate thought upon seeing the reveal, too.

The render may have not been intended for actual use, but the content was absolutely real, despite the tweet @SimGuruGraham sent out to deny such.

TyhqcI9.png

ya.png

I don't see any sign of scammers around here..