Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brainstormed features for the upcoming June 23rd vote

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    Looking at the list now, I feel like laundry would be a wasted vote.

Bees / Bee Keeping
    Jam Making
    Expansion to Gardening/Planting
    Canning/Jarring

All seem infinitely better than laundry. They also seem to fit the theme better than laundry does.

As of now, I'm actively against laundry being Eco's "thing". I'd be entirely disappointed if laundry made it to release, it should probably be put in another pack.

But a lot of us voted for this theme simply because of laundry being an option.

This. Laundry was the only reason I voted for the Eco Friendly. The brainstorm list is amazing and there are lots of things I'd love to have in the game, but I voted for this pack for laundry. And I know 90% of what doesn't make it in the pack from that list, will likely never be in the game. So it's some tough choices.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    Light Switches!!!!!!!! and an eco living aspiration <3
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    1. Laundry
    2. Canning

As much as I'd LOVE everything on the list, those are the two items I've wanted most.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Solar Panels is one of the things that I like in this list. It's funny how sims can have electricity in their houses in the game. And yet there are no visible power lines running to their homes via pole or buried. So by adding solar panels to the house it makes it look as if the sims are generating their own electricity.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Save Greenhouses for Seasons.
    I don't want to experience having snow inside my greenhouses again.
    They fixed it in TS3 thank goodness, but they never should have offered them without making them compatible with Seasonal weather.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Chicken coop, bees and flower arranging please! Any of these would make my day.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I already know I'm voting for what I want to see eventually in the game.. and not necessarily because it "fits" the theme everyone expects it too. I hope we get to vote in order also. This is a popular vote thing folks... vote for what you really want eventually.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    ....Servos? The life state?

I struggle to see how it could fit into a Stuff pack, and if it can't be done right (aka fleshed out without fear of overstepping budget limitations) I'd rather it not be done.

Servo is a NPC not a Life Stage :)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    Juice Blender all the way! B)
    I also love Nectar making!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I have a question, sorry if it has already been answered. @SimGuruNinja I really like the idea of bee keeping, say if it wins (since the clothing has already been voted on) would we not get a bee keepers outfit? Like to protect from stings and stuff. Or could that potentially come in an update or just would not happen-kinda like no swimsuits in backyard stuff? Loving the ideas though :)
  • Options
    WolfFlowerWolfFlower Posts: 142 Member
    I would like to do more with the gardening. Like more items to make with the produce. Like wine (juice) making and the culture that goes with wine making. I loved it in the sims 3! I saw the jam/jelly idea someone had and I love it! And more outdoor stuff like bee keeping and chickens/geese, goats would be cute as well. Sims could make home made soap with the milk and the flowers your sims grow.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Agreed; I would love to have more of a reason to garden than just..doing it. Well, and becoming rich off blackberries and dragonfruit, but that's beside the point. :P
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Nudist litterbug servo gets my vote.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Well, something that is not on the list, is: Teepee's (for all ages ofcourse, so families can live in them)
    These would go nicely with the off the grid, freegan style :)

Canning would be awesome, and so would grass roofs and solarpanels :smiley: and chickens and bees and... and... oh, this is going to be soo hard... But since I'm really really hoping a Farming EP will come out someday, I will probably not vote for chickens or bees.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2017
    I want all of them but unfortunately that can't happen so I'll go with my top 8

1. Pottery
    2. Floral Arrangements
    3. Washer/Dryer
    4. Juicer/Blender
    5. Sewing Machine!!!!!
    6. Candle Making
    7. Under counter/Tiny Fridge
    8. Stained Glass
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I want all of them but unfortunately that can't happen so I'll go with my top 8

1. Pottery
    2. Floral Arrangements
    3. Washer/Dryer
    4. Juicer/Blender
    5. Sewing Machine!!!!!
    6. Candle Making
    7. Under counter/Tiny Fridge
    8. Stained Glass

I'd love if we got a Hobbies GP with all of the crafting/making items in!

Edit: Oh and classes (like pottery classes). They could function like the yoga classes.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Solar panels will always be my first choice, with pottery wheel, sewing machine (treadle table preferably), cannings, are all good eco ideas. Servos - YES, Yes, yes.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Well, smack my butt and call me stupid but what the heck is a servo? ;) I don't know if I'm too dumb or too old to know what it is! :#:*
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »
    Well, smack my butt and call me plum but what the heck is a servo? ;) I don't know if I'm too dumb or too old to know what it is! :#:*

Haha A Servo was the Wall-E of The Sims generation, so awesome I find it hard to describe it in words. But it was basically a robot made to clean your house, had to be recharged by solar energy, plus a few unique fuctions besides being adorable. In TS2 they were controlled like any other sims, with a bit more of autonomy for what I recall.

192797_original.jpg

I almost didn't play with them in TS3 at all, and people may remember better than I do. Help us, folks.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2017
    Edit: oopsie ... I completely missed SimGuruGraham's post about writing up blurbs on each gameplay item before the vote. And that the list will be narrowed down.

I have a major concern with some of these gameplay suggestions because of the nature/limits to stuff packs and coding.

For instance, I've been champing at the bit to get floral arranging in my game, but that's because I want to use the flowers we can harvest and grow ourselves. We've got bluebells and roses and daisies and other flowers our sims can collect, and I want to turn these into vases and other floral arrangements for my sims to use in their homes, and sell in their stores. Does a stuff pack get assigned enough resources to do that?

I ask because of Cool Kitchen.

I was initially disappointed with Cool Kitchen because although I really wanted to make my own ice cream - which is why I bought the pack - it didn't rely on any harvestables our sims have grown. I wanted to use strawberries my sim has grown and harvested from her own garden to make into strawberry ice cream, etc.

I understand that extra coding to check a sim's inventory to see if they have that ingredient, then adding coding to grey out options etc, takes a lot more work than just making an object that basically produces a mesh with different texture options.

@SimGuruGraham - would you be able to shed some light on these sort of details at some point? How in depth can we expect crafting gameplay in a stuff pack, as opposed to a game pack or an expansion pack?

For instance, will the canning option simply be an object we click on to "can peaches", then it appears in some generic mesh - (like the coffee cups from Get together Espresso bar). Or will we be able to grow apples, harvest them, then use them in the canning station to make unspoiled food to use later in recipes, or sell in stores on the City life table etc?

Another thing I would love to have is the sewing machine, but if the clothes for this pack have already been decided, how many other options would the sewing machine include? Would it be attached to a skill? Unlock different items that are of a higher level, for example a tuxedo would be harder to sew than a cushion cover.

I love most of the suggestions the community has made, but I'm wondering which ones are better left to game and expansion packs and which are more suitable for stuff packs.

Any guidance on this would be awesome. Perhaps another article to help us decide what we should take into consideration before we vote? Edit: sorry! he already said there will be little blurbs for each item before we vote (I missed his post).
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I pretty much want anything were we can make stuff:
    pottery
    candle making
    bees/honey
    glass blowing
    stained glass <3
    blacksmithing
    wood chopping
    butter churning
    chicken coop
    sewing machine
    vertical gardens/composting/green houses
    canning/jarring

I also think all alternate energy resources mentioned should be included because, after all, it IS an Eco Pack!

And I REALLY want the water pump and magical gnomes -- just because! <3

Thanks for posting this! :)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »
    Well, smack my butt and call me plum but what the heck is a servo? ;) I don't know if I'm too dumb or too old to know what it is! :#:*

Haha A Servo was the Wall-E of The Sims generation, so awesome I find it hard to describe it in words. But it was basically a robot made to clean your house, had to be recharged by solar energy, plus a few unique fuctions besides being adorable. In TS2 they were controlled like any other sims, with a bit more of autonomy for what I recall.

192797_original.jpg

I almost didn't play with them in TS3 at all, and people may remember better than I do. Help us, folks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now the word ROBOT I understand and servo would mean service. So maybe I should add Servo to my list now that I know what it is! Thanks again!

Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Half the list can be deleted because it has nothing to do with eco living. Laundry, for example, isn't eco living and would be best in it's own SP. Anything that has to do with animals can be left out as they should be part of a farming pack. This includes canning or making jams or nectar.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Half the list can be deleted because it has nothing to do with eco living. Laundry, for example, isn't eco living and would be best in it's own SP. Anything that has to do with animals can be left out as they should be part of a farming pack. This includes canning or making jams or nectar.

It's up to US to decide what goes into this pack. Eco Friendly was just the working title, it's going to change. Laundry was the only thing mentioned specifically in the suggestions of this theme, so it's not getting deleted thank you...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    This is one tough vote for me because the list is plum full of wonderful ideas for the game. I wish that there was a way for them to fit everything that is currently on that list into this Stuff Pack. If they can do that, then they would have sold me on this Pack today. :)