Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brainstormed features for the upcoming June 23rd vote

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SimGuruGraham Is there any way to know a detailed list of what would be included with each gameplay option when we vote? For example, for bees it could have info such as: "Makes harvestable honey, offers beekeeping skill, negative outcomes include beesting Angry moodlets and a possible chance of death"

Every option that makes it to the Feature vote will be accompanied by what we call a "design blurb". This is essentially a short design - just a few sentences long - that explains what we want to accomplish with the feature.

It's important to note that not everything from this list will be included in the Feature vote. In a brainstorm there's no wrong answer or bad suggestion, so we write down whatever anyone proposes. From there, we'll narrow down the list based on a number of factors... community feedback, scope, complexity, risk, market/region feasibility, etc. Only the features that make it through that initial culling will have design blurbs written for them.

Can we have decor light switches?

And btw I love all the hobby activities (could also be added in Hobby Game Pack), nudists, juicers, nectar making and THE NEW TV CHANNEL that raises gardening skill (finally)
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Would love to see both Bees and Chickens added. We need some animals and it would also give farming lots something new to them other than just gardening. Would love to see a death by bees option! @SimGuruGraham Is there any way to know a detailed list of what would be included with each gameplay option when we vote? For example, for bees it could have info such as: "Makes harvestable honey, offers beekeeping skill, negative outcomes include beesting Angry moodlets and a possible chance of death"

These things could be added in a fleshed-out Farming Game Pack
    a256aFi.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    There are actually a lot of awesome ideas on this list.

Stuff also suitable for a potential Seasons EP, such as Greenhouses, Juicer/Blender, Jam Making, Floral Arrangements, Allergies, Nector Making, Composting etc.

I also can see a lot of the other stuff being used in different packs centered around hobbies; such as; Pottery clay wheel, Sewing Machine, Candle Making, Glass Blowing etc.

Whatever we will be able to vote for, I surely do hope that the stuff not making it into the vote, will make it into other packs, so it does not go to waste after this pack/selection.

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I wonder if this means that juicers aren't in Fitness?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Jam making, flower arranging, pottery, and sewing all at the top of my list, I'd be happy with any of them (much more than laundry).

Don't we already have herbal remedies with OR?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    if you end up doing a litterbuh trait, there should totally be a "thrive in filth" kind of bonus moodlet of in a trashy area.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes:
    • Solar panels and bill reducing
    • More things to do with produce (new eco recipes, juice blender, canning, jams, flower arranging!)
    • Shipping container homes sound interesting. But we have already voted on stuff, so isn't it too late for that?
    • Pottery sounds cool!

No:
    • Nudist (because we already have nude outfit, so rather focus on something we can't do already)
    • Herbal remedies (because we already have that with Outdoor Retreat; rather have more nature-ey recipes)
    • Composting/weeding (because we can already do that; rather make features that deepens gardening value instead, like more things to do with produce)
    • Chopping wood (interesting idea, but I can't really see how it would contribute anything to the game)

Yes but not with this pack:
    • Greenhouses (would be more suitable with Seasons)
    • Chicken coop and Bees (would be more suitable with Farming pack)
    • Sewing machine (more suitable to Fashion/Modeling pack)
    • Servo (does not fit this theme at all; would like servos in a Futuristic pack [check out my Futuristic pack idea! Can't post hyperlinks on phone, so click on my username and look at my discussions. It's close to the top])
    • Gonna be attacked about this, but laundry (it does not fit with the theme; would rather see an SP dedicated to laundry, chores and tiny home - that also means more in-depth laundry for those who want it)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes:
    • Solar panels and bill reducing
    • More things to do with produce (new eco recipes, juice blender, canning, jams, flower arranging!)
    • Shipping container homes sound interesting. But we have already voted on stuff, so isn't it too late for that?
    • Pottery sounds cool!

No:
    • Nudist (because we already have nude outfit, so rather focus on something we can't do already)
    • Herbal remedies (because we already have that with Outdoor Retreat; rather have more nature-ey recipes)
    • Composting/weeding (because we can already do that; rather make features that deepens gardening value instead, like more things to do with produce)
    • Chopping wood (interesting idea, but I can't really see how it would contribute anything to the game)

Yes but not with this pack:
    • Greenhouses (would be more suitable with Seasons)
    • Chicken coop and Bees (would be more suitable with Farming pack)
    • Sewing machine (more suitable to Fashion/Modeling pack)
    • Servo (does not fit this theme at all; would like servos in a Futuristic pack [check out my Futuristic pack idea! Can't post hyperlinks on phone, so click on my username and look at my discussions. It's close to the top])
    • Gonna be attacked about this, but laundry (it does not fit with the theme; would rather see an SP dedicated to laundry, chores and tiny home - that also means more in-depth laundry for those who want it)

You're not the only one.

I'd love to have laundry back in the game eventually, but I don't think it really suits the theme of the pack. It's 'Eco Living', and I don't really think Laundry machines are that ''eco''. Maybe if you think of ''eco living'' stuff and laundry, you would think about washing clothes by hand, not in a machine.

I think there are features mentioned in the brainstorm session list that fit the theme much better, like the solar panels and all that stuff. Or being self sufficient by doing bee keeping and whatever.

Now they can create very ''eco'' retro looking laundry machines to fit within the same style like the objects we have voted for, but I'd rather have modern looking machines too, just to add a bit more variety and diversity to builds.

Only retro machines just don't look good in modern households.

I bet laundry will be part of the vote, but I think they will be perfectly able to seperate laundry and keep that for another SP (or GP/EP).

Maybe they can make a Bathroom SP later and add laundry in there as a gameplay feature. (Since most of the stuff we get in SP's are mimics of already existing objects anyway. (just normal objects with a different look).

Anyway I just hope that @SimGuruGraham keeps this list after the voting is done, and the pack is done, so features that didn't make it into this pack, can make it into other packs.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think chicken coops do work with this - I used to live in a super eco friendly place, and everybody had chicken coops - you could use the waste for fertilizer and then you got eggs which didn't have any hormones and you didn't have to worry about mistreatment of chickens - plus it was super local. Of course, somebody I work with now has a farm and sells eggs to the rest of us, so I see your point about a farming game pack.

I like the idea of freegans (I don't know how that would work though, beyond digging through trash for food/clothes - but hey, I'm glad dumpster diving might make it into this!), and I'd be interested to see how recycling would be implemented.

Lots of good ideas that actually fit the theme - it makes me a lot more excited because this seems like something very true to my experiences growing up and where I went to college.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Is there any way to know a detailed list of what would be included with each gameplay option when we vote? For example, for bees it could have info such as: "Makes harvestable honey, offers beekeeping skill, negative outcomes include beesting Angry moodlets and a possible chance of death"

Every option that makes it to the Feature vote will be accompanied by what we call a "design blurb". This is essentially a short design - just a few sentences long - that explains what we want to accomplish with the feature.

It's important to note that not everything from this list will be included in the Feature vote. In a brainstorm there's no wrong answer or bad suggestion, so we write down whatever anyone proposes. From there, we'll narrow down the list based on a number of factors... community feedback, scope, complexity, risk, market/region feasibility, etc. Only the features that make it through that initial culling will have design blurbs written for them.

How many are you guys expecting/planning for there to be in the post-initial culling? @SimGuruGraham
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    All those features seem very nice and I would love to have them all at some point. Right now, my favourites are, based on the Eco Living theme (in no particular order):

light switches
    solar panels
    wind turbines
    composting
    juicer / blender
    canning / jarring
    jam making
    nectar making

Of course I wouldn't mind laundry, with washing machines, dryers, clothslines and ironing (I feel these four would go perfectly together), but I am probably not going to vote for it if we get all of the above to chose from.

I would also like to see pottery/clay wheel, glass blowing, blacksmithing, candle making and soap making, but I feel these might be fitting better in a different stuff pack/game pack/expansion pack. But if these are offered to vote on, I would certainly consider them.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I just want to say one more thing- the title 'eco stuff' doesn't necessarily need to guide this. After all, the title will eventually be changed anyway. Instead, I think we should look at the objects and clothes we are getting and work from there. What premium object(s) fit with what will already be included in the pack? That's where laundry fits in, I think, because there's so much laundry or cleaning related clutter. However, it also seems like rustic home stuff, which is where I see more farm related stuff fitting in.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Oh my I love the list. I'm gonna cry when I have to vote and choose. I'll write down some of my thoughts for now.

I would actually love bee keeping in this pack. The wicker furniture makes me think bees. Having a blender and more use for the garden produce would be really nice too. Alternatively a nectar making would do. I wonder how the magic gnomes would be like? The chickens are a cute idea, but would they look like the birds in Backyard Stuff? I would like a gardening TV channel, my mom always watches those. Yes please for the tiny fridge. Grass roof sounds great too. I wonder what the branches for park ranger career would be? Recycled metal statues would be awesome if it was built from the parts we can scawenge. Those parts just pile up in my sims' inventories because I'm not always upgrading things. I feel there should be more things to do for sims who like crafting. Of the grid lot trait has made me curious, but I think it would need a well pump and something for power to make it work. It's interesting, but all gameplay features would need to support it. I hope they group these some way before voting, so we will get a sensible combo.
  • Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    New Traits/Aspiration/Career/Lot Trait would be nice, although I don't really see the difference between how a "Litterbug" Trait and an "Eco Hate" Trait would work in gameplay. (Honestly, I'm not even sure what "Eco Hate" would look like in real life; most people who don't like environmentally friendly stuff in real life don't exactly hate the environment as much as they tend to take a utilitarian view towards it. But that's maybe starting to get too much into real-life politics, and I don't want to derail things by starting a political discussion, so I'll just leave it at that.)

I wouldn't mind new hobbies or a Gardening Channel either. I think greenhouses would be cool, but some other people in this thread mentioned that they might work better in a weather/seasons pack, and that actually kind of makes sense IMO. But I would like to see solar panels/solar roof tiles.

I know this has also been mentioned before already, but I agree that it doesn't really make sense to have Servo in a pack with a country vibe like this one. Mini-fridges could work just as easily in a university pack as in this pack.

Oh, and magic gnomes just sounds awesome, although I don't know exactly how that would be done, since we already have regular garden gnomes and the Gnomes Lot Trait from City Living.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I need bees in this game, but on serious note I really cannot choose because I want them all. But the things we dont get, I hope they keep this list for future projects
  • PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    A sewing machine with new unlockable clothing options sounds really cool. And it would fit in really good with get to work.

Also "nudists" that made me lol.

I didn't realize how much this pack compliments outdoor retreat.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Greenhouses and composting took my eye if we can have the sprinkler, window and door options that we had in Sims 3.. Deligracy's having too much influence on the Gurus with her nudists though! :o
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    ....Servos? The life state?

I struggle to see how it could fit into a Stuff pack, and if it can't be done right (aka fleshed out without fear of overstepping budget limitations) I'd rather it not be done.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Laylacat11Laylacat11 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be cool if sims were introduced to allergies that passed on through genetics. It could add a bit more realism to the games...
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    ....Servos? The life state?

I struggle to see how it could fit into a Stuff pack, and if it can't be done right (aka fleshed out without fear of overstepping budget limitations) I'd rather it not be done.

I agree with you. Servos would be really cool to have, but if they do it, it should be done right. And I don't think a stuff pack would be the ideal type of pack to flesh them out enough. I fear Servos will face the same fate as PlantSims if we get them in a stuff pack.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2017
    well my main choice is laundry of course the most important choice for me with clothe lines number 2 number 3 clothes hamper for me these are the 3 must have in game the rest for me is just mild content. so make sure to vote for laundry as number 1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

SimGuruGraham,

Being as though this is a stuff pack, wouldn't any potential "Game-play Feature" have to be compatible with the base game only? For example solar panels to reduce bills are not directly tied to any other SP, GP, or EP in order to function. Would let's say Herbal remedies or park ranger career be dependent on having to have OR?

As I look at the list and some of the ideas, I can't help but wonder if most of them might not be able to be put in a stuff pack unless it is a completely "New Concept" such as new harvestables for different types of herbal remedies or park rangers that patrol existing parks with the base game and maybe Newcrest?
    I can definitely see how "New Features" can be added to say the club system of Get Together, but I am confused as to how some of the things on the list would work if simmers did not have all the packs?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member

SimGuruGraham,

Being as though this is a stuff pack, wouldn't any potential "Game-play Feature" have to be compatible with the base game only? For example solar panels to reduce bills are not directly tied to any other SP, GP, or EP in order to function. Would let's say Herbal remedies or park ranger career be dependent on having to have OR?

As I look at the list and some of the ideas, I can't help but wonder if most of them might not be able to be put in a stuff pack unless it is a completely "New Concept" such as new harvestables for different types of herbal remedies or park rangers that patrol existing parks with the base game and maybe Newcrest?
    I can definitely see how "New Features" can be added to say the club system of Get Together, but I am confused as to how some of the things on the list would work if simmers did not have all the packs?

I imagine that herbal remedies could be made from flowers and herbs in the base game. I also assume that park ranger career would be a rabbit hole career, so you don't actually see your sim working and wouldn't need to have OR.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    That is why I posed the question to SimGuruGraham. I see a lot of great ideas on that list, but I personally want to be realistic about what can and cannot be added to a stuff pack model. I also want to have realistic expectations of what kind of potential game play would be added.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I will have to read the blurbs before I vote.

If there was a way to get all of this delivered with fun gameplay then it would be awesome but there will be limitations and I just have to know a little bit more before choosing. I want things to happen, not just +1 happy for placing solar panels on the roof. Solar panels, composting and bee keeping really sound great. Laundry would be interesting as well, will just have to see what they intend to do with it.

If there are some things that they could place in a later farming pack *hint hint* then perhaps that would be better served by waiting. I would rather have really fun and involved bee keeping in a Farming GP than a less interesting version now.

Looking forward to the blurbs!