Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brainstormed features for the upcoming June 23rd vote

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    CK213 wrote: »
    Save Greenhouses for Seasons.
    I don't want to experience having snow inside my greenhouses again.
    They fixed it in TS3 thank goodness, but they never should have offered them without making them compatible with Seasonal weather.

But to be fair the store team made the Green houses in Sims and they only had to make it work well with the base game. They explained that - so it was not their fault if they did not have a chance to test their greenhouse with that ep.That should not be an issue in Sims 4 where they make each pack work with all the packs in the game and all the final work is done in the same studio and State. The store team was in Salt Lake City which is all mobile now. So I can't see that happening again.

What we have to consider is Graham stated anything he lists are things not planned for future gps and eps - so if it does not make the sp we most likely won't see it unless it fits another sp.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Save Greenhouses for Seasons.
    I don't want to experience having snow inside my greenhouses again.
    They fixed it in TS3 thank goodness, but they never should have offered them without making them compatible with Seasonal weather.

But to be fair the store team made the Green houses in Sims and they only had to make it work well with the base game. They explained that - so it was not their fault if they did not have a chance to test their greenhouse with that ep.That should not be an issue in Sims 4 where they make each pack work with all the packs in the game and all the final work is done in the same studio and State. The store team was in Salt Lake City which is all mobile now. So I can't see that happening again.

What we have to consider is Graham stated anything he lists are things not planned for future gps and eps - so if it does not make the sp we most likely won't see it.

I guess I interpreted this statement as Graham meaning the original themes not being planned for future GP's or Ep's, not necessarily individual objects.
    What I see on the this list looks more like a "Brainstorm" of ideas that might fall under the "Potential areas of Focus" for the Eco-Living Pack. Graham already confirmed that Laundry will be one of the options for the game play items on the next vote. Will Laundry be broken into different options for the vote? Washers and dryers or washtubs and clotheslines/drying racks? Will laundry include machines and hand washing for clothes? Would that mean that this SP could also get another feature such as Solar Panels, canning, or flower arranging, or anything else on that list? Who knows until we can see the options we get to choose from and some kind of description for the option.

Maybe some of these ideas on the list may be added later to a farming GP or some kind of Hobbies GP or SP?
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Chopping wood
    Ironing sound nice but it would only go with laundry and clothes lines
    Sewing machines
    Chicken coop would be nice but isn't that like pets?
    The trait and aspiration
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think it's important to consider their suggestions and ours as under a few categories. It might make it easier to sort them and see similarities when offering new suggestions.
    For example, maybe we should rewrite these in a few lists like a foods category, non-foods crafting, energy/money saving, etc?

As for what I'd love to see:

- Reclaimed wood on the woodworking bench (incl. more wood color options), and perhaps combine it with the idea of the scrap-metal worker? You can unlock wood and metal sculptures and furniture at the same rate on the same or a similar bench. New wood or iron bed frames, a plumbing-pipe candle holder, etc.

- A Juicer/Blender, Canning/Jarring system, Jam-Making, or Brewing Juice-Kegs/Nectar-Making, or Flower Arranging (to make gardening more relevant and interesting, especially flowers as they seem mostly decorative and useless).

- Bee-Keeping and Chicken Coops sound awesome! I'd love to have honey, wax, and eggs from a chicken instead of an egg-plant. (And if we do get a Pets EP before this pack, could we get the option to take a chicken from the coop and add it to the household as a real pet?)

- Candle-Making or Soap-Making would be great in combo with the flea market, or with an option to sell them online via a Sims-world "Etsy".

- The option to grow mini versions of our current cooking herbs (that would give us say three sprigs rather than ten) in small pots or repurposed tea tins on our kitchen counters or as an indoor windowsill add-on would be adorable!
    Post edited by BooV7227 on
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2017
    Here are my top ten (not ranked by importance):
    1.)Light Switches
    2.)Butter Churn
    3.)Tiny Home Furniture
    4.)Juicer/Blender
    5.)Canning/Jarring
    6.)Floral Arrangements
    7.)Community Gardens
    8.)Off The Grid lot Trait
    9.)Laundry Washer/Dryer
    10.)Servos

Love so many of the choices and it is super hard to decide, but I tried to sort of sort through it all and narrow which ones I wanted down a little
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    chicken coop? Yes I want but what and how does it has anything to do with Eco? Can we have an entire pack focus and dedicated to farming please, so that this can be exclude from the list? Can't wait for the next vote.

chickens poop is fertilizer, you can feed them food scraps for less waste, and you get food from them both as eggs when they're still able to lay eggs and as chicken (the food) if killed.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    What is great about light switches? Functionally?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Even if they're just decor, I think people would like them for realism purposes and just as an extra decoration for homes.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Mine would be:

Solar Panels
    Solar Roof tiles
    New Trait and inverse trait
    New Aspiration
    Greenhouse
    Gardening TV
    Bees

Really don't want laundry at all - why do I want to have to do in game chores?
  • Options

There's nothing "great" about them per se; but as a wall decal with no footprint light switches and electic outlets would add very little to the SP work load, and add a bit of love and realism when customising a home.
    My home has light switches everywhere (so many redundant switches!), and my sister has electric outlets all over (even on the ceiling!). A small thing like this would simply allow people to customize or mimic a home better. :)
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    BooV7227 wrote: »

There's nothing "great" about them per se; but as a wall decal with no footprint light switches and electic outlets would add very little to the SP work load, and add a bit of love and realism when customising a home.
    My home has light switches everywhere (so many redundant switches!), and my sister has electric outlets all over (even on the ceiling!). A small thing like this would simply allow people to customize or mimic a home better. :)

I was curious because many people seem to be into them and also, well, because this is a gameplay feature vote, so they should come with some gameplay?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Actually where the Sims have auto-lights I just always assumed they had sensors and with a sensor system there is no need for light switches. Welcome to the new age.

Plugs though is a different thing although I have not seen any devices in a sims house that actually needed plugs - have you? LOL.

Remember every thing you place on a wall restricts window placement and anything else you want to put on a wall and sometimes furniture and decor placement as well. I personally do not want switches and plugs - as that can be a big hindrance in small homes and in eco -living where wall space is pretty much used by needed things. So if they do make them - hopefully it is not mandatory as I will not waste wall space like that. As everything, regardless of it's size take at least a full square of space and affects everything placed in a room or on a wall. I am not willing to sacrifice space so it looks like one has switches and plugs that have no real use at all.

ETA - I could see the point in the right kind of house though.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I was curious because many people seem to be into them and also, well, because this is a gameplay feature vote, so they should come with some gameplay?

From what I understand, as a gameplay object it would allow people to click on the switch and further adjust the lights in a room. If all of your lights are hidden behind pictures and curtains for ambiance, then it's harder to find one when you want to change the color or intensity. When they consider it for actual object purposes, I think it's along that vein...
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    (...) Remember every thing you place on a wall restricts window placement and anything else you want to put on a wall and sometimes furniture and decor placement as well. I personally do not want switches and plugs - as that can be a big hindrance in small homes and in eco -living where wall space is pretty much used by needed things. So it they do make them - hopefully it is not mandatory as I will not waste wall space like that. As everything, regardless of it's size take at least a full square of space and affects everything placed in a room or on a wall. I am not willing to sacrifice space so it looks like one has switches and plugs that have no real use at all.

That's why I figure it would have to have a small or no footprint, to make that easier. Like the kids' tree decal, right?
    If I had a choice I'd prefer they were just decor, but it's not something I really mind either way.

ETA: Okay, after thinking about it, if light switches gave me something innovative like a remote-option to turn my ceiling light into a glitzy Disco ball, then I would very much like to see that, lol.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    If laundry wins then I hope we get a hobbies and crafts GP. If laundry loses then I hope we get laundry SP down the line, or its included in a bigger pack later. But if laundry loses only one or two of these items are going to make the SP, so I'm still going to want a hobbies and crafts pack as I want multiple ideas on this thread.
  • Options
    PLEASE GIVE US A SEWING MACHINE AT SOME POINT!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    If laundry wins then I hope we get a hobbies and crafts GP. If laundry loses then I hope we get laundry SP down the line, or its included in a bigger pack later. But if laundry loses only one or two of these items are going to make the SP, so I'm still going to want a hobbies and crafts pack as I want multiple ideas on this thread.
    I'm still surprised that laundry was left out to begin with. It is after all part of the basic home life, just like cooking and cleaning is.
    And speaking of cleaning, what happened to all the vacuum cleaners?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I believe that is one of the choices - not sure - but I agree - I enjoyed the last sewing machine in Sims, I used to like making curtains in all kinds of colors and designs on that one. It would be nice if we could make clothes we couldn't otherwise have in the game too. ( If they would do that.) A treadle machine would be eco for sure and not cost sims money to operate either.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    We use to be able to make clothes in CAS, and be able to have our sims buy them at a store in Sims 2.
    And the sims use to make other stuff besides curtains with the sewing machine in Sims 2 as well. :)
  • Options

I believe that is one of the choices - not sure - but I agree - I enjoyed the last sewing machine in Sims, I used to like making curtains in all kinds of colors and designs on that one. It would be nice if we could make clothes we couldn't otherwise have in the game too. ( If they would do that.) A treadle machine would be eco for sure and not cost sims money to operate either.

Would be awesome!
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm still surprised that laundry was left out to begin with. It is after all part of the basic home life, just like cooking and cleaning is.

I've wanted a vacuum cleaner since TS3!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »

I've wanted a vacuum cleaner since TS3!
    I would think that vacuum cleaners and laundry would have been something that would be in all the Sims base games. Just like how a stove and a fridge is. And shouldn't sims have deep freezers too?
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2017
    So many wonderful choices, it's hard to narrow down!

Obviously, laundry and anything that goes with it (such as hampers and clotheslines) are things I would go for. Also, I like the idea of soap making and the sewing machine as well as activities such as jam making or canning and solar panels and composting to say nothing of loving the idea of pottery/pottery wheels (I'm assuming that's what was meant with clay wheel?), but I'm not sure how exactly pottery or producing it might tie into laundry (same for canning)? However, it was admittedly something I loved about TS2.
  • Options
    nolurk wrote: »
    So many wonderful choices, it's hard to narrow down!

Obviously, laundry and anything that goes with it (such as hampers and clotheslines) are things I would go for. Also, I like the idea of soap making and the sewing machine as well as activities such as jam making or canning and solar panels and composting to say nothing of loving the idea of pottery/pottery wheels (I'm assuming that's what was meant with clay wheel?), but I'm not sure how exactly pottery or producing it might tie into laundry (same for canning)? However, it was admittedly something I loved about TS2.
    And not to mentioned that we did get a laundry cart in Parenthood. So wouldn't it be nice to have something to go alone with that? I don't know, say like a washer, dryer, clothes baskets, clothesline, and sims being able to do laundry in Sims 4 for once. ;)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Herbal remedies!! <3

Servo!!

BLACKSMITHING!!! This, omg!!

Cow milk plant!

Grass roofs, vertical gardens, plant stuff, yes!
    #Team Occult