Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashes Upon Save/Exit

Comments

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Good morning @DeKay
    As a "must have it all" person :lol: I do own all of the EP/GP/SP and patch content. I am lucky enough to be able to add each one at release.
    <3 You are correct that each new addition has the potential to bring new issues to the game.
    Unfortunately the "fixes" (patches) will sometimes unintentionally break something else. That's just the way life goes sometimes.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Good morning @DeKay
    As a "must have it all" person :lol: I do own all of the EP/GP/SP and patch content. I am lucky enough to be able to add each one at release.
    <3 You are correct that each new addition has the potential to bring new issues to the game.
    Unfortunately the "fixes" (patches) will sometimes unintentionally break something else. That's just the way life goes sometimes.

Hmm, yeah. It could be the latest patch added the bug. That happens. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you own all the EPS, game packs and stuff packs! @EuphorialQueen :)
    I am sorry that this issue is occurring in your game :(
    Not bragging ... just a point of fact ;) The Sims is my favorite game ever and gives me hours of entertainment.

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    My guess is that it's been happening after they added that new Save Menu with the thumbnails.

That sounds about right. I'm trying to recall when that patch was, maybe the end of May?

Edit to add: I just thought of this. Maybe how long you've been playing a save matters. Because it does seem to be happen more for me, and I know around the first of June I started my current save.

Hello
    The patch with the new load game menu and thumbnails was released on May 26th.

Thank you. I thought it was end of May.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    My guess is that it's been happening after they added that new Save Menu with the thumbnails.

That sounds about right. I'm trying to recall when that patch was, maybe the end of May?

Edit to add: I just thought of this. Maybe how long you've been playing a save matters. Because it does seem to be happen more for me, and I know around the first of June I started my current save.

Hello
    The patch with the new load game menu and thumbnails was released on May 26th.

Thank you. I thought it was end of May.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2017
    The only relevant crash file seems to be the one on 21st July 2017 as all the others are dated a long time ago, Jan, June. I haven't played a lot the last two weeks for personal reasons so came back to the game today for this to happen.

My game also completely freezes this last week with no minimise to desktop and cursor freeze after going online, uploading builds and checking downloads, etc. (Windows 10 Creator's edition - up to date). I have no mods or CC and every Sims 4 Pack. I always use Origin to start play. Virus checkers Avast Premier, CCleaner and Spybot Search and Destroy. All up to date.

I have two lastException files and two lastCrash files each of the second ones has the suffix _63620017632 "deleted me" is substituted for my name.

lastException <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>3bd344f6f504e4ee59217c1c</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-21 13:45:21</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.29.69.1020-1.200.000.276.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>base_situation.py:940</categoryid><desyncid>3bd344f6f504e4ee59217c1c</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception while notifying customer in sim spawner service (KeyError: <sim 'Charlotte Sollitto me deleted' 0xb5505a411570118>) Traceback (most recent call last): Caught and logged: File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 199, in c_api_server_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 419, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 85, in update File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 382, in _resume File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2452, in _startup_sim_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 818, in on_sim_creation File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 851, in _customer_success_notification File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 848, in _customer_success_notification File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer.py", line 1414, in on_sim_creation_callback File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer.py", line 950, in _assign_sim_to_request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\bouncer\bouncer_request.py", line 143, in _assign_sim File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 999, in on_sim_assigned_to_request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 799, in _on_add_sim_to_situation File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 940, in _add_situation_buff_to_sim KeyError: <sim 'Charlotte Sollitto deleted me' 0xb5505a411570118> </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>3bd344f6f504e4ee59217c1c</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2017-05-21 22:32:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.29.69.1020-1.200.000.276.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>scheduling.py:404</categoryid><desyncid>3bd344f6f504e4ee59217c1c</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception during element teardown. (TypeError: heap argument must be a list) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_scheduler.py", line 491, in _process_scoring_gen GeneratorExit During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 573, in _teardown_handle File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 467, in _teardown File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 404, in _teardown File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_scheduler.py", line 496, in _process_scoring_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_scheduler.py", line 353, in _setup_scoring_alarm File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 350, in schedule File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 404, in _schedule TypeError: heap argument must be a list </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

No space for the other one here
    lastException_63620017632

I have moved the Complete folder to desktop and used Rosemow's suggestions to me and am trying again. (who's Charlotte Sollito)?

• Options
    ukbucketukbucket Posts: 32 Member
    For me it still happens randomly, I play for maybe an hour or 2 and mostly in live mode. I also play offline so only rarely use the gallery for things that are in my library. I tried rosemow's suggestion of changing the Origin setting, I think it was about closing it or keeping it open after exit, a few days ago now and haven't had a crash since but that could just be because it randomly hasn't crashed lol.
  • Options
    Little bit of testing to report. I spent a couple hours in CAS only yesterday creating sims and didn't have one case of crash on exit.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Little bit of testing to report. I spent a couple hours in CAS only yesterday creating sims and didn't have one case of crash on exit.

It is good that you didn't have any crashing on exiting. That is great!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    This happens to be extremely frequently. I've gotten into the habit of saving first, and then hitting save and exit just in case. I know it's not exactly a fix, but at least you have a save before you exit.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    The crash that happens on 'Save and Exit' is not CC/mod-related. It appears to be related to having the new Windows 10 Creator's Update as your OS. However, I've been unable to reproduce it thus far. How long are you all playing before you see the crash? Has anyone ever seen it after loading up the game and trying to Save and Exit just like a couple minutes later? Also, does it seem to matter what you're doing during your gameplay when it crashes? Like, are you spending a lot of time in Live mode, or CAS, or B/B, or on the Gallery? Anything specific like that?

Any clues you guys can give me would be a major help, thanks as always for your reports! :)

I have had this issues off and on for quite awhile. I don't think it has to do with the game play, as I always exit to the main window and then exit the game. I tend to think it has more to do with Origin trying to close down the game and getting stuck for various reasons.
  • Options
    Mine just crashed on save/exit so changing the setting in Origin didn't help.
  • Options
    ukbucket wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you are continuing to have this issue occur in your game :(
  • Options
    Lesfem420Lesfem420 Posts: 32 Member
    This problem is something that used to happen to me literally every time i played when sims 2 was first released. It just became part of my close down process of keeping my fingers crossed on whether it would completely crash OR just take 10 mins to close down :D
    So thankful to not have the anxiety at saving and exit anymore LOL
  • Options

Hello

It's ok @rosemow I'm grateful it's not actually affecting my gameplay...here's hoping it stays that way :) Thank you for all your help and suggestions they are most welcome.
  • Options

Hello

It's ok @rosemow I'm grateful it's not actually affecting my gameplay...here's hoping it stays that way :) Thank you for all your help and suggestions they are most welcome.

It is good that the issue isn't affecting your gameplay and that you can still save the game.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    This happens to me every single time I exit the game. Sometimes I get the white screen and "TS4 has stopped working..." message but sometimes it's just stuck with the exit menu open and I have to restart my computer to be able to do anything again because I can't access task manager when it's frozen like that. It's very annoying. Has no one found any solution to this yet?
  • Options
    Karlia wrote: »
    This happens to me every single time I exit the game. Sometimes I get the white screen and "TS4 has stopped working..." message but sometimes it's just stuck with the exit menu open and I have to restart my computer to be able to do anything again because I can't access task manager when it's frozen like that. It's very annoying. Has no one found any solution to this yet?

Hello
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue. SimGuruNick has been looking at the issue
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15921896/#Comment_15921896
  • Options
    cazzapoocazzapoo Posts: 6 New Member
    yep when i play all the sims seems to crash when i save and exit so i save first before it saves n crashes that way i dont loose my game play
  • Options
    cazzapoo wrote: »
    yep when i play all the sims seems to crash when i save and exit so i save first before it saves n crashes that way i dont loose my game play

Hello
    I am sorry you also are having this issue. Perhaps try exiting from a different lot and see if thst helps
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Karlia wrote: »

Try doing a "Save" first for your game and then "Save and exit". It works for me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Does this only happen to y'all when you use 'save & exit' to leave the game? I'm just wondering because I never use that and it's never crashed when I leave the game. I always pause my game when I'm ready to leave, hit save, then hit exit game and when it asks me if I want to save and exit I choose just exit. Maybe there's a problem with the 'save & exit' feature?
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Does this only happen to y'all when you use 'save & exit' to leave the game? I'm just wondering because I never use that and it's never crashed when I leave the game. I always pause my game when I'm ready to leave, hit save, then hit exit game and when it asks me if I want to save and exit I choose just exit. Maybe there's a problem with the 'save & exit' feature?

Hello
    Save and exit can cause issues. The best thing to do seems to be is to save the game. Then once finishing saving just exit the game, like you do.
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »

No, it's not only using save & exit. I never use the "save & exit" feature. Habit I got into with Sims 3. I always use "save" or "save as", wait for it to save, then chose "exit" and I get the crash on exit. I've gotten it about 4 times in the last 48 hours. What I'm finding, is that it effects saves that have been played for a bit. The longer the save has been played, the more often the crash on exit happens. I just started a new save and I have saved and exited fine every time, but when I play my long-time save, it'll crash on exit nearly everytime.