Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashes Upon Save/Exit

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I have found that my game crashes, seemingly when there are 5 save files in the area where you can load a previous save. I have been going to the game, clicking the Load option, and deleting the oldest 4 saved files. I also have Win10 with the Creator Update, and have a custom built computer as I work heavily with graphic and large programs. Everything is updated, my game is allowed in my Avast Anti-virus, and it doesn't matter if I turn down the graphics and whatever else I can tweak. The game is always Saved, then Exited separately, but it always gets the white "Windows is looking for a solution..." upon crash.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue also :( There may be a fix for the issue in the upcoming patch.,
  • Options
    CGamerPlaysCGamerPlays Posts: 74 Member
    I thought for sure the crashing after exiting could have been due to mods or cc but I've tested this theory and that isn't the case for me. However, I placed my old sims 4 folder on my desktop, started up the game and allowed it to generate a new Sims 4 folder. I adjusted my settings accordingly for the newly created sims 4 file and then proceeded to exit the game where it then said, "Sims 4 is not responding". It crashed on a newly generated game. There's no mods, no cc and no save games to play and it still crashed. So what does that tell you because I have no idea other than assuming that EA broke something... again.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I thought for sure the crashing after exiting could have been due to mods or cc but I've tested this theory and that isn't the case for me. However, I placed my old sims 4 folder on my desktop, started up the game and allowed it to generate a new Sims 4 folder. I adjusted my settings accordingly for the newly created sims 4 file and then proceeded to exit the game where it then said, "Sims 4 is not responding". It crashed on a newly generated game. There's no mods, no cc and no save games to play and it still crashed. So what does that tell you because I have no idea other than assuming that EA broke something... again.
    Many players are having the same experiences. The potential culprit is Windows 10 specifically the Creator Update.
    Recently my PC was reset back to Factory specs. That meant going back to Windows 7. So far no more crashed games when saving. To me that says this issue is more related to Windows than to our game.
  • Options
    BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    I had this issue also when I first got the game, using ONLY Save As did wonders. Never had an issue with my saves after that. Then when I wish to exit, I click exit to Main Menu always. Then end game from Main Menu.
  • Options
    simloverLaylasimloverLayla Posts: 33 Member
    Well, I thought I would chime in as well. It's constant for me and game breaking, since I can never save. I took out mods, repaired the game, tried to check my own computer for issues with my limited knowledge, deleted past saves, used save as, never actually loaded the household but still crashed from manage worlds. Always the windows message. Came out of the blue yesterday. Not sure if that helps, but there ya go. Frustrating.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, I thought I would chime in as well. It's constant for me and game breaking, since I can never save. I took out mods, repaired the game, tried to check my own computer for issues with my limited knowledge, deleted past saves, used save as, never actually loaded the household but still crashed from manage worlds. Always the windows message. Came out of the blue yesterday. Not sure if that helps, but there ya go. Frustrating.

Hello @simloverlots
    I am sorry that you are having this issue,
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test to see if you can save the game.

Also, it woul be best not to use “save and exit “ option. Try using “save” instead, and if the save works, then exit the game,

Post edited by rosemow on