Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selnes family

Comments

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Unfortunately, Nita was still angry when they got back and Jenna prepared the fish on the grill.
    OrHBrr2.png
    xzcn6qr.png
    But they had a nice meal anyway, and at least Albert managed to cheer her up a little bit.

They spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing by the campfire.
    2YX7cm7.png
    pRgxSQt.png
    And finally, Nita felt a calm and reassuring sensation starting to grow in her. No matter what her husband had been up to, they should be able to work it out, right?
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I just caught up and I really love this! It's quite refreshing to read. I'm glad that Sara and Tara ended up together, honestly. Her previous relationship was no good. And I'm really happy about Vetle and Mariana! They're a really cute couple!

You make amazing houses and decorate wonderfully, by the way. It's incredible to me. I'm horrible at building! I love this and look forward to more. :blush:
  • Options
    @thejennifer Thank you so much! I'm happy about those couples as well (although I think you mean Kimi and Tara), they feel right to me.

I haven't built their houses from scratch, I'm too impationed to do that. But I do the renovating and decorating necessary to make the homes suit my sims. Decorating can be really fun, and I'm glad you like what I've done.
  • Options
    When they got back home from the camping trip a couple of days later, it wasn't long before Nita and Mahatma had agreed to put it all behind them.
    mL2JVdH.png
    Nita doesn't really want to know the details about Mahatmas' fling, the most important thing for her is that they stay together and that he stays faithful from now on.

The twins aged up to young adult, they had a birthday party at the bowling alley.
    AAQVutW.png
    wAv0c1j.png
    So Karla Mai is ready to move out and live with Bryan, but Jenna is probably going to stay a bit longer. They had a final garden party with their closest friends before Karla Mai packed her things and moved.

Albert is getting closer to teenager, but he's not quite there yet.
    kHZlD44.png
    He still plays with his imaginary monster friend and makes childish drawings.
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    @thejennifer Thank you so much! I'm happy about those couples as well (although I think you mean Kimi and Tara), they feel right to me.

I haven't built their houses from scratch, I'm too impationed to do that. But I do the renovating and decorating necessary to make the homes suit my sims. Decorating can be really fun, and I'm glad you like what I've done.

Oops, yes I did mean Kimi!
  • Options
    JaneAusten101JaneAusten101 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is such a great story! I'm really enjoying reading it.
  • Options
    The Selnes Branch

I'm back with Tara's family in San Myshuno, and enjoying getting her started in a career. She works in public relations, and does a lot of photography on the side. She's spending most of her time with Kimi, who she is now officially dating.

Eventually Tara wants to have her own photo studio at home, but for the time being she uses the one in the arts centre. Here she is taking some pictures of Kimi, but probably flirting more than working.
    8qIXXj8.png
    MxplkfU.png
    05AYaBz.png
    Later that day, they met up with some friends to hang out at a Spice district bar. Even though they want to spend as much time as possible just with each other, they try to not disappear completely from their friends.

Kimi ended up coming with Tara to spend the night at her place. And since Tara's family were all sleeping, they spent some time making out in the hot tub before going to bed.
    6xR4u2r.png
    c2kp10s.png
    Tara's parents were happy to see Kimi at breakfast the next morning. They've known of her a while since she was originally a school friend of Tara's brother, and they're glad she and Tara have found happiness together. They will be happy to see Kimi move in whenever she's ready.
  • Options
    I'm in a long and slow process of renovating the entire interior of the penthouse. Some of it is because Kimi is moving in and needs changes for her work and lifestyle, but most of it is just because I'm tired of the old interior. I'm trying to make it look more like Tara and Kimi's style.

I've moved the kitchen to the center of the house, with the dining and living room areas on either side of it. Tara's mother is the one who uses the kitchen the most, and she seems to like this new one.
    os5nulf.png
    mus6uWp.png
    MMavUSK.png
    agKi8dt.png
    This is what I've done so far.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
  • Options
    Kimi says good morning! She lives with Tara's family now, and is taking full advantage of their spacious house with lots of balconies that are perfect for her yoga, meditation and painting.
    WDMoDTO.png
    ROBcPWL.png
    Kimi usually gets up early to practice some yoga or meditation while Tara is still sleeping, and then they meet at breakfast before they start their work day.

Kimi is level 4 in the painting career, and they've made a studio space for her i the house.
    qsIthtB.png
    zQWegti.png
    hgjbg9r.png
    Tara is level 5 in the public relations career. She has a new home office that she decorated to suit her personal style. Kimi has brought a lot more boho, plants and candles to the penthouse, but Tara's office is one hundred percent her elegant style.

The two of them have a pretty active party lifestyle for the time being, especially Tara. Her work requires her to be updated on the hottest social life, clubs and so on.
    TXkAxgS.png
    JiFIPjR.png
    She goes clubbing just as much to blog as to dance.

Kimi comes with her sometimes, but she's more of an early morning person who doesn't like to stay out late except for special occasions.
    ohq7TmE.png
    So she's usually asleep when Tara gets home in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    Working from home suits Tara very well - here she's eating brunch with some friends at the fashion district café.
    GXCg50W.png
    gJkznnw.png
    Networking is something she's extremely good at, so she's gotten a lot of new friends lately.

Later that evening, they threw a party for Kimi moving in.
    8bdmkBJ.png
    8qN3sel.png
    It was a lot of fun until...

...one of the chairs caught fire. It led to total chaos. Kimi got angry at Tara for not being careful enough with the fire, and Tara got angry at Kimi for getting in the way when she was trying to put it out.
    wofMnml.png
    66NhLx0.png
    All went well, nobody got hurt. But the party was soon over, and Tara realized she was exhausted. So she followed Kimi's example and went off to bed.
  • Options
    The Justøy branch

Vetle and Mariana had their romantic wedding. It wasn't a large one, but their closest friends were there and they celebrated on a rooftop restaurant in San Myshuno, right next to where they got engaged.
    aOvoCP4.png
    lbxSRW4.png
    VzkaeCm.png
    Then they traveled out for a small honeymoon in Oasis Springs.

Mariana has made it clear that she wants lots of children, and it wasn't long after they got back from the honeymoon that she had a visible baby belly.
    QO3288W.png
    tdziv7E.png
    Of course, Mariana still doesn't know that Vetle already has a child - Jerry, this little cutie in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    One thing Mariana does know about, but doesn't exactly approve of, is the fact that Vetle has bought an old warehouse in the Spice District to continue his shady sales business. He sold the cabin on the island.
    dRDNrln.png
    sHcrxuO.png
    58dJ61v.png
    ZxMdHPL.png
    So this is still how Vetle spends his days, selling stolen furniture. He's also almost level 8 in the criminal career, and doesn't have any immediate plans to quit.
  • Options
    As you all know, Vetle isn't very friendly with Mariana's mother. So when she recently passed away, he didn't even try to hide his excitement. Poor Mariana - losing her mother just before she gets the chance to show off the grandchild.
    z8ZGxPI.png
    oOMoKXx.png
    For the rest of her pregnancy, Mariana wasn't in a good place. She was mourning her mother without any emotional support from her husband, whose criminal lifestyle she is deeply worried about.

But the child soon arrived, and it was a little girl!
    9RUnELS.png
    pO0jOFb.png
    They named her Ronja after Vetle's mother who passed away when he was a teenager (and who he is partly responsible for the death of...). Welcome to the world, Ronja Justøy!
  • Options
    Ronja is now a toddler, and her parents are very busy caring for her.
    xllKO1b.png
    H0qx5b8.png
    She is the cutest little explorer, she loves waddling around the house to discover things.

She has the wild trait and is very active, but sometimes she needs to refuel her energy during the daytime.
    3vHD6rM.png
    I9NRPHr.png
    And her parents eagerly use those quiet moments to try making a sibling or two!
  • Options
    Vetle is very rarely working nowadays, he prefers to stay at home with his little family.
    6ZP7Ymx.png
    Xgql69C.png
    The cutest little family!

Mariana still doesn't have a job, but she's working very hard on her baking skill and hoping she can somehow make money from that.
    luQdmbo.png
    amgftwm.png
    Vetle is very happy to entertain Ronja alone so Mariana can focus on her baking.
  • Options
    Being a stay-at-home dad has made Vetle take up some practical and domestic skills. He likes building small pieces of furniture, but for the time being he's sticking to garden planters for Mariana's new garden.
    SVCXMVL.png
    Uf6M7aC.png
    Mariana uses the planters to grow fruit and vegetables to have fresh ingredients in her cooking and baking.

But Mariana is feeling a bit down these days.
    ygfAZly.png
    TH9hpkV.png
    She and Vetle has been trying for a new baby for quite some time, but every pregnancy test turns out negative. This has been affecting Mariana's mood lately, but Vetle is being supportive for once and is always trying to cheer her up.
  • Options
    Mariana is finally smiling again! You can't really see it yet, but she's pregnant in the first trimester.
    E2SzSfm.png
    T19nZWj.png
    Her and Vetle's marriage is really thriving, they spend all their time together in a little family bubble.

Ronja is getting more independent, she can use the potty on her own, talk about lots of subjects and is running around the house like a little maniac. Mariana has to use the bathroom a lot with her pregnant bladder, and I got the cutest picture of her and Ronja keeping each other company on the loo :lol:
    yXdWwV8.png
    ttSWKkm.png
    And here Ronja is "helping" her mom with the gardening.
  • Options
    Ronja is more curious about her surroundings as well, so she has started to explore the island they live on. Here she is on a fishing trip with her dad.
    C0vgeH3.png
    5FSgSpA.png
    cN8sJ6c.png
    XNonLQo.png
    U4si58z.png
    Mariana is ready to pop any time now!
  • Options
    There's a new little girl in the Justøy family!
    szqKu7z.png
    IQXZdYZ.png
    Her name is Maria Montgomery (I chose her mother's last name this time), and big sister Ronja was very happy to meet her.

Vetle attended Jerry's birthday, he's already becoming a big boy!
    yN5ZCbO.png
    xbYu4n2.png
    The conversation between them is very polite, since they don't spend that much time together and don't really know each other that well.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    But Billie had some bad news for Vetle at the birthday party. She soon needs him to watch Jerry for some weeks while she's away for work. As much as Vetle loves his son, he's been dreading this kind of news - because it means he might have to tell Mariana about the situation.
    KLxbV7l.png
    pksHayb.png
    He was begging Billie to find another solution, but she said she tried everything. And if it's so important to him to keep Jerry's identity a secret, can't he just lie about it and say it's a friend's kid or something?

But Vetle decided to give the truth a chance. His relationship with Mariana has been so good lately, he allowed himself to hope for a not too negative reaction. So just two days before Jerry arrived, he built up the courage to tell her everything.
    nmhNNGC.png
    0X1fX9A.png
    It didn't go very well. When she was over the first shock, Mariana declared that she wouldn't refuse Jerry to enter the house, but she didn't want to be around to meet him. So she will go stay with her brother for a while, and only return sporadically to check on the girls. And Vetle shouldn't feel safe about this marriage at all, because he has really betrayed her trust by keeping this information from her.

So the next morning, Mariana was gone. Ronja found that hard to deal with, of course.
    rq9n84O.png
    Despite her age, she understands enough of this to be really scared her mother will never return. Vetle is freaking out a little over the fact that he's now responsible for three small children on his own, but he's trying to stay calm and strong for them.
  • Options
    Jerry is doing good in the Justøy household, and he's a very nice and hard working boy. Vetle almost failed school in his time, but he's trying his best to help his son with the homework.
    Bm2pntL.png
    kik5jPq.png
    Maria has aged up to a beautiful toddler who clearly has her father's eyes.

She and Ronja are getting along well, and love to play together.
    6HIMwEw.png
    Feh7ILE.png
    7KHwBVh.png
    Vetle is also trying to entertain them as best he can. Ronja has a high creativity skill now and loves listening to all kinds of stories, but Maria is easily bored by it.
  • Options
    It is a struggle for Vetle to look after his young kids and at the same time worry about his marriage, but so far it's doing a lot of good for him. He's now extremely close with both the girls, and loves them more than ever.
    ada5PYA.png
    BMIBELR.png
    elSyRpA.png
    Whenever he has to go to work, which is only two days a week, he hires nice a nanny called Tetsu. But Mariana also comes over from time to time, preferably when Vetle isn't home. She still has to deal with Jerry, though...

This time, she was still there when Vetle returned home from work. He was so exhausted he collapsed on the couch and fell asleep right next to her.
    aFtBOJK.png
    mUcoQKs.png
    oHjrc11.png
    Is it really over between them?