Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selnes family

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Remember Vetle's warehouse where he used to sell all his stolen goods?
    2oLmgVD.png
    XBgNPXW.png
    It looks quite different now. Vetle has decided he won't let Mariana go so easily, so he's been working hard on turning the warehouse into a bakery for her.

When she arrives, he basically begs her to come back home. She can use this bakery space however she wants, it's all hers. He's done with stealing, that's all in his past now.
    EKiXTEN.png
    q9Cpd1V.png
    Mariana has to admit she is quite impressed. This place is far from ready to start a bakery business, but it has lots of potential and it would be a dream come true for her.

The outside still looks like an abandoned dump, for example. They sit by the fire for a while without saying anything, they are both trying to process their thoughts and feelings.
    K6w90C2.png
    6PPWBg7.png
    And then she's decided. She will come back home and give their marriage a second chance.
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Finally caught up again! It's so nice that Vetle has changed (or seemingly, for now), and turned the warehouse into a bakery. It's a really cute bakery, too. I'm excited to see what you do with the place!
    Selnes

Daybreak in the penthouse. Kimi is up early as always.
    WpcMM71.png
    WpzfE4Y.png
    Tara is also awake for a change. Yoga and meditation is not for her though, she prefers a good run on the treadmill. She has a lot on her mind right now, some secret plans she's been brewing on for a while.

When she and Kimi are done with work that day, Tara convinces Kimi to go spend some time in the Meadows.Pi7LjNo.png
    nLQUDIN.png
    Because that is where she has planned to propose! The Meadows mean a lot to them, as this was the place they has their first kiss and really fell in love.

And now, they will also plan to get married in this park. Wedding excitement!
    When Tara's parents heard about the engagement, they took the lovebirds out to celebrate. They had a lovely evening with lots of red nectar and delicious food.
    9vpCtz0.png
    Yb1vnd6.png
    Kimi and Tara almost can't wait. They talk about nothing but the wedding now. Tameka will be cooking all the food of course, and Kimi wants lots of flowers and candles everywhere. An what are they both going to wear, and where will they spend their honeymoon? So much planning to do.
    Throwback to: Past weddings in the Selnes family.

With Tara and Kimi's wedding coming up, it's nice to take a look back at their former generations' wedding parties. Tara's parents married at the club in Uptown, with a majestic view over the entire bay area.
    kCrHJPC.png
    JAoE482.png

Tara's grandfather never married, but his mother, Tara's great-grandmother, did. Also with a harbor view, in Windenburg.
    Dnj75Hf.png
    ysupehO.png
    (Tara's great-grandmother, Nanna Selnes, is probably still my favorite sim in this legacy. She's had the honor of representing me in my avi for quite some time now).

And Nanna's father, Tara's great-great-grandfather (generation 7), married on Winderburg island.
    zYzPcXZ.png
    H9D3BDz.png
    Greec temple ruins in the sunset is my idea of romance :heart:

The heirs of generation 6, 3 and 2 also married - but I don't have the screenshots anymore.
    The big day! It took place in Myshuno Meadows, of course. Lennart was playing piano to the guests as they arrived.
    x0XYJcn.png
    yZxYekm.png
    And then it was time for the ceremony!

As you can see, Kimi got her flowers and candles by numbers. The ceremony was beautiful.
    TurTu6s.png
    YpU1Tfs.png
    The following dinner and party lasted until the sun was down.
    h4eoWET.png
    lRSONpz.png
    The newlyweds and guests all appeared to have a great time.

When everyone had left, Tara and Kimi still didn't feel like ending the party quite yet.
    rQrXRL0.png
    5Uk8Hrh.png
    So they paid a visit to the observatory, where they have gotten comfortable before. Happy wedding day!
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Just read through your whole story and I really like it! I'm all for Vetle and Mariana! :)
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Me tooo!! They're my faves
    @Linzz @MINEZ
    Thank you both! I can't seem to separate those two even if I've considered it several times. I see Mariana as an intelligent sim who would understand very well that Vetle is not a safe bet for her big happy family dream life. But they are so beautiful together, and they've been great parents so far. And speaking of parenting, I can't wait to play the upcoming GP with them!!
    Tara and Kimi went on a small honeymoon trip to Willow Creek, where they stayed at a B&B run by Tiril Pancakes.
    Dt4n7zf.png
    r5KeQnY.png
    O0covAI.png
    They went for quiet walks in the area and just enjoyed being newlyweds. (do you recognize the house in the background of the second picture?)

The afternoons were mostly spent in the guesthouse hot tub, which was the perfect place to relax.
    9V5kCP1.png
    R0LCnWK.png
    LVAEwxX.png
    They also took use of the guesthouse kitchen, where Kimi got to learn some new baking recipes.
    edited May 2017
    At the same time as their honeymoon ended, Kimi discovered that she is pregnant! Tara was surprised by the news, and it took some time for her to process it. They're going to have a baby!
    n0LVWiQ.png
    REeG1yG.png
    When they got home, they walked right into the preparations for Lennart's big day. He's becoming an elder, and Tameka is throwing a dinner party for him.

Tara's younger brother, Birk, has moved out to his own apartment now. But he was there for the celebration. Soon to be grandmother Tameka looked absolutely stunning as always.
    pc5GrBX.png
    UrpTmDv.png
    Tameka's sister was also there, and a few of their friends. It was a very pleasant party, and the news about the pregnancy added even more joy to the evening.
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Yay!! Babies! They're gonna be so adorable, I'm sure! <3
    To make the pregnancy go by as quickly as possible, Kimi focused really hard on her work. She spent most of her time creating a beautiful city mural on the balcony outside her studio room.
    FzmLaQR.png
    tu9Ueet.png
    Tara was focusing on work too. Not only her public relations job, she is also getting more and more serious about her photography.

She has recruited a lot of interesting models for her portraits. Many of them are friends, some are business relations.
    yfWDgBl.png
    6XAjTJR.png
    She has also done some pregnancy shots of Kimi, whose baby belly is now really showing.
    Lennart, who is an experienced doctor, has the ability to predict the baby's gender. Kimi was hesitant at first because she doesn't want the gender to be a big deal, but curiosity got the better of her and she let her father-in-law do a quick examination.
    UngbLGF.png
    xl49COz.png
    According to him, they're going to have a baby girl!

Now everyone is just so impatient for the baby to arrive.
    RwnWKz0.png
    So soon now! Come on, little baby! Kimi is trying to make the time go faster by doing some paintings, even though she's on family leave now.
    maQ0rKM.png
    rAjJLB1.png
    Tameka is making sure Kimi is never hungry, by spoiling her with plenty of delicious food. "Pregnant sim needs to eat! Here's a plate of freshly baked cereal marshmallow bars for you." "Err... Thanks, but I'm still eating those bagels you brought me ten minutes ago."

And... she's here! Lennart was right, it is a little girl. They've named her Mira Selnes. The 12th generation of Selnes!
    kcprFpy.png
    Wjz85iO.png
    She's getting so much attention. The grandparents will hardly leave her alone.
    Time goes by so fast when you're a busy family. Mira is a toddler now, an active little explorer. She seems to have Tara's skin color and Kimi's hair- and eye color, which I think is a great combination.
    qWYf7mD.png
    tWCjCIj.png
    The grandparents are still drowning her in attention. Mira loves that, especially when she gets to dance with grandmother Tameka.

But she's a fussy little tot, and easily falls into distress over nothing. There are quite a few tantrums throughout the day.
    cMNtTxS.png
    EAuNvrv.png
    But grandma knows how to handle a screaming toddler, and the crisis is soon over.
    Tara got a promotion at work, and is now an account executive. She celebrated with a handful of her friends and business relations at the rooftop club in Uptown.
    idDbx9B.png
    bXTAKnQ.png
    She didn't stay too late this time, as she's changed up her priorities a bit since becoming a parent.

She got back just in time to put Mira to bed!
    PkFntle.png
    oJAWFHD.png
    This toddler is learning to potty and not be too worried about privacy at the same time :)
    Justøy

I'm back with Vetle and Mariana now to get them prepared for the new GP. Ronja has aged up since you last saw her, this is the last picture of her as a toddler.
    hrd3xMe.png
    DXwNOu6.png
    She still loves to play dolls with her little sister. Creativity and imagination are her strengths so far.

But she's not very sensitive, and sometimes her playing can become a bit rough for little sis.
    SocjQWw.png
    1OBscjq.png
    Poor Maria, being the youngest is not always easy.
    But Maria is not going to be the youngest for too much longer. Because Mariana is pregnant! Ronja is super excited.
    OFGiczo.png
    ynjTqln.png
    Even though Ronja is the oldest kid in the house, she does have her older half brother Jerry. He comes to visit sometimes, Mariana has gotten used to the idea of him and is being nice to him now. But Jerry himself is not always in the greatest mood. Ronja looks up to him and wants to be his friend, but so far he hasn't been very friendly towards her. To be fair, it can't be easy to live alone with your mother in a small flat and see your father being super busy with all your half siblings in a large house. I know I would feel jealous.

Speaking of large house, though. Vetle and Mariana have hit a rather bad money problem. It's no surprise really, since none of them really have a proper job and Vetle has chosen not to steal anymore. He still works as a get away driver twice a week, but it's not enough to support the family. And they've invested so much money in the bakery where they'll hopefully have a business up and running soon. But it would be foolish to think that it will bring in the big cash from day one.

The only solution they can see, is to sell this house and buy a smaller one. It's not ideal - the last thing they need now is a house with fewer bedrooms. But they've found a nice house in affordable Oasis Springs that will suit them quite well.
    TsG6r5s.png
    So goodbye, sea view! Goodbye home gym and garden with pool. It's sad to see all of that go, but I'm sure they'll have a good life in the new house.
    New home! The kids have dealt rather well with moving, but Ronja is not happy about having to share a room with her sister. The first morning in the new house, she gave her mom a pretty hard time over breakfast.
    D16jG7E.png
    5kqQvOY.png
    RV2ousG.png
    Mariana, pregnant in the third trimester, was absolutely not in the mood to be patient with her eldest daughter. She told her curtly that she just has to accept the new situation, and she can't have her own room until they maybe can afford to renovate the house.

Because the house is not really that small, even though it's smaller than the last one. It's a very pleasant Italian villa with two floors. There are three bedrooms, but they're saving the last one for the new baby - which is why Ronja and Maria have to share.pRKnwzu.png
    aOhNrHm.png
    Mariana apologized to Ronja later for snapping at her over breakfast, and Ronja was relieved and promised not to shout forbidden words anymore.
    Mariana has given birth - to twins! A boy and a girl, named Tony and Gabriella.
    ZrdqYU0.png
    0WHLTpB.png
    Ronja was thrilled about meeting her new siblings, but Maria was not very impressed at all.

I'm outta here.
    CYAw5om.png
    XwaJ0Dg.png
    It was hilarious to see her moping like this all morning because she didn't want siblings. Look at her little face!

But superdaddy came along and managed put her in a better mood.
    2xV6eCm.png
    AVvNJhL.png
    Nothing makes you forget unwanted siblings like an airplane ride in the kitchen.
    But the next day, Maria was back in her jealous mood and took her anger out on the kitchen floor with some flour and chocolate syrup she managed to get hold of.
    JhBBFNb.png
    DOZMBvW.png
    Vetle managed to discipline her and get her in the high chair for supper, but she still wasn't quite happy.

Vetle has to watch the kids a lot by himself nowadays, because Mariana is working very hard on getting everything ready for the bakery opening.
    vf3TImp.png
    HUFbvUk.png
    He is doing a good parenting job, but it's not the easiest task. In addition to Maria's sibling jealousy and the newborn twins' almost constant need for attention, Ronja has gone into a mean phase where she is super rude to her parents all the time.

Being a hot-headed sim, he can't stand to stay in arguments with her for very long. Sometimes it's best to just let her be. Or, when you hear your wife coming back home, go and fetch her instead.
    N9UnB7l.png
    5tWAs0l.png
    sr2E5oM.png
    When Mariana heard about Ronja's behavior, she didn't hesitate. That's enough young lady, you are grounded. I'm confiscating all your toys and games until you can manage to talk to your parents in a decent tone.