Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selnes family

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    The twins have become toddlers, and they both have red hair! Tony looks like an exact copy of his dad, while Gabriella has a slightly darker skin tone and brown eyes like mom.
    VTVaapV.png
    9VTCcAc.png
    It's even harder now to keep the house in a presentable state.

Ronja is still grounded from playing with her toys, but with her parents' attention on the three toddlers she is finding ways to violate her grounding when no one is looking.
    kzpzfOX.png
    nQu6Feg.png
    But she's also helping out on her own initiative, and growing into becoming a nice and responsible kid.
    Ronja's relationship with her dad is just getting better and better. He loves helping out with her school projects, and she is doing really well in school.
    eVGA95b.png
    vrCyNiW.png
    This time they built a volcano in the back yard - and it was a success!

The twins are having trouble with nightmares. On the worst nights, they both wake up several times and need attention and comforting before they can go back to sleep. It's a real pain for their parents, who have tried everything. Lullabies radio station, various night lights... They never experienced anything like this with the older girls.
    6qP27eM.png
    AEgNwwG.png
    Now you've heard the bed time story for the fifth time, please go to sleep (Or I will go insane)
    It's finally Maria's turn to age up! One less toddler in the house, I'm so ready.
    K0Fx7cp.png
    7xkZ2pW.png
    gvv6MbR.png
    She's a cute little girl with a gap between her front teeth, here in a selfie with her sister who has braces.
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    So adorable! I see you're enjoying the Parenthood pack. I haven't gotten it since I usually wait for a sale, but is it worth the money?
    @thejennifer This pack was well worth the money for me, since I almost only play with families and follow them through many generations. I haven't experienced the full depth of it yet, but I already see that the parenting features and consequences make my legacy gameplay more alive and complex. I do like all the new family activities and interactions that add to their everyday lives, but the long term effects on the families' stories is the real reason I bought the pack.
    The Justøy family has been pretty much cooped up with diapers and messes in their house since they moved, but this Saturday they decided to get everyone ready and spend the day at a nice family pool in the area.
    MkfSnWj.png
    w6Pics5.png
    The parents and kids all made new acquaintances, and had some well deserved relaxing time.

The children had so much fun they were allowed to stay out a bit longer after Vetle and Mariana took the toddlers home. But only until curfew time!
    Kn5zHJC.png
    F3sOSC4.png
    When they got home, mom was waiting with a freshly baked quiche. The toddlers were in bed already and dad had taken off to work, so the three of them had a nice evening meal together.

When they were done eating, it was time for bed. Mariana tucked them both in before going to bed herself, she felt exhausted even after that laid back pool day. Being a parent of four is no joke!
    yB6uQqf.png
    UaQ3PAi.png
    A couple of hours later, Vetle arrived home. His mafia boss had "promoted" him to safe cracker and given him a nice bonus, but he had very mixed feelings. His children don't really know what he does for work, but it won't be long until they're old enough to understand. What then?
    Maybe the bakery can really be their savior? Mariana has been working hard on it lately, and it's finally getting presentable and ready for customers of a more decent kind than the ones who came when Vetle was running this place alone.
    DQ1F5yY.png
    OBTeDbd.png
    Almost ready! Will we get any customers?

And we're open for business!
    Vczzt8f.png
    2kdctaQ.png
    hn5hxaZ.png
    The first day went really well, Mariana sold lots of baked goods. So even though it's not the greatest sort of income, it's a good start. Maria was contributing by making some art for the walls.
    Being the oldest sibling gives Ronja a lot of responsibility. And she's handling it very well so far. When Tony woke her up crying because he had a nightmare again, she handled it like a loving and caring big sister.
    Z0ACZEn.png
    oLvNx92.png
    VQrs97w.png

A minute later, Gabriella also wandered crying into the room. Ronja was still patient and comforted her too.
    lQq3z0R.png
    1ty1pJS.png
    But when all of this also woke up Maria, it was time for some parental help. So Mariana stepped in and helped put the toddlers back to bed. I really hope they stop having nightmares soon! Gotta level up that thinking skill.
    Oh boy, both Ronja and Maria are going through a phase at the same time now. Ronja is rebellious, which goes well with the mean streak she was on a while ago I guess.
    hQ0W5Xp.png
    And Maria refuses to wear anything else than her ugly, purple bear suit... Which by the way, Ronja is not at all a fan of.

So the family's recent goal to get to know their neighbors has been an interesting project. They refused Maria to wear the bear costume when they went to visit the family next door, so she was sulking the whole time. And Ronja was being incredibly rude to everyone.
    R6Iepsl.png
    USXewqB.png
    mF4AKJN.png
    Don't know if they are going to be invited again...

The toddlers are a handful too. These twins are totally out of control and need so much attention. Make messes everywhere, act stubborn, splash in the toilet, whine and throw tantrums. All. Day. Long.
    kROhp6g.png
    rnxpJCj.png
    I bet the parents are looking forward to them aging up and not being toddlers anymore, and I can't blame them.
    The Kalanis

It's feels like ages since I last played the Kalani branch. I skipped them in the last rotation because there was so much going on with Vetle and Mariana's family. But it's about time this family gets some attention too. Little Albert, who is the sim I'm mainly focusing on in this household, is not so little anymore. In this picture, he was playing with his best friends Nile, Pri and Silvia.
    Nkdkt3N.png
    N1Cq1cN.png
    Now he's grown to be a teenager, and so have most of his friends.

Nile is the only one in the gang who hasn't quite aged up yet. His two other childhood friends, Pri and Silvia, sits on either side of him in this picture.
    tC9doi4.png
    aj6M5ln.png
    At home, things are pretty much the same old. Karla Mai moved out to live with her boyfriend, but the other twin, Jenna, still lives with them. She and Albert are still very close, she's practically a third parent to him. Which is nice, because both his parents work all the time. Mahatma is not in this evening photo because he works late, but aunt Una Michelle is visiting.
    But there is one piece of really exciting news about the Kalanis. Jenna bought a diner! There was one right next to the cinema in Willow Creek, called Danny's Diner, that she's renovated in her own style. So now it's Jenna's Diner.
    POfVDnS.png
    D16zz78.png
    97nNbdK.png
    g4Q4X1h.png
    Jenna has persuaded Albert to help out in the beginning while her staff is still new an inexperienced. But it turns out he quite likes working there, and he's happy to help his favorite cousin.
    Albert's BFF since childhood, Pri, is still his very closest friend. They hang out all the time, but mostly together with the rest of their group. Albert would never do anything to risk losing her as a friend, but lately he can't help feeling a hint of butterflies when she's close to him. And sometimes their hugs last a bit longer than they usually would with friends..?
    ws9dSwR.png
    YCcKfDh.png
    WDZtnpu.png
    Albert is usually a very responsible teen, but sometimes when he's out with his friends in the evenings he unintentionally breaks the curfew and his parents are upset when he gets home. They aren't very strict parents though, so he doesn't get into too much trouble.
    Albert's mom is a very ambitious woman, also on behalf of her only child. She wants Albert to have excellent results in school and find a profession he can be successful in. Being a journalist herself, she's mostly focusing on mentoring his writing skills.
    PG4jY4E.png
    AtnXL86.png
    gbxQqt6.png
    And she doesn't hesitate to criticize his attempts. :lol:
    Albert is trying so hard to not fall in love with his best friend Pri. So he's spent a lot more time with Silvia lately, another childhood friend who has grown into an attractive young lady. They have been flirting a bit lately, and he's spent some afternoons at her family's house after school. She doesn't seem to like his jokes, but she still agreed to kiss him when they said goodbye outside her door the other day. So I guess she's into him?
    RDrzyEn.png
    5D0oYmc.png
    e2N7HAr.png
    Anyway, they are dating now and having a good time. She's jealous and a loner, so he has to be careful not to unintentionally hurt her feelings.
    Albert has wanted to introduce Silvia to his family for a while now, but since she is a loner and not comfortable around new people, she's been very reluctant to the idea. But after some persuasion, she came home with him after school one day and the family gathered in the garden to eat some of Jenna's freshly baked goods together.
    hkycB0g.png
    cyFx5e2.png
    But like Silvia and Albert both feared, the whole thing was painfully awkward. Albert tried so hard to make her more comfortable, but she got almost aggressive towards him.

So Albert gave up, and for the most part they ate their food in silence while the others were having a conversation with each other.
    E3huqud.png
    Lknnydx.png
    When they were done eating, Albert took Silvia into his room and confronted her on her behavior. It's fine that you're uncomfortable around new people, but do you have to be unfriendly?

When they were done arguing, they decided to spend their alone time in Albert's room in a more pleasant way.
    c5qlAim.png
    fQtPwy7.png
    They haven't had the chance to mess around until now, so this right here is a very important moment in Albert's life :wink:
    Unfortunately, Albert didn't feel so well after spending the afternoon in his room with Silvia. He felt confused and needed to talk to someone he could trust.
    lcXE7HM.png
    kFINpC1.png
    So after he had taken a shower he sent Silvia home, he called Pri and agreed to meet her at the renovated factory café in Willow Creek's industrial area. He wasn't honest about his feelings though, but decided to brag about messing around with Silvia. Pri was a perfect audience, giggling and acting impressed.

They ordered food and stayed at the café until curfew time. It was so nice to talk to someone cheerful who laughed at his jokes and wasn't tense all the time.
    GPln1t2.png
    UrBd9OS.png
    Albert is absolutely in love with Silvia, but he's starting to fear that his relationship with her can never get as relaxed and assuring as his friendship with Pri.
    Albert and his friends ditched school one day and went to hang out at the bluffs.
    xRVkCfr.png
    GnvgqF3.png
    Albert is not the shy kind of teen, he loves to show off and be the center of attention.

Unfortunately, Silvia's jealous personality is becoming a real problem for them. She has been scared of his friendship with Pri for a long time (probably for good reasons too), and she can't stand when the two of them draw away from the rest of the group to talk. So when they had been sitting by the other end of the pool behind some plants for a while to gossip, Silvia apparently had enough.
    tOPfzzd.png
    mNRWdAr.png
    She got out of the pool, stormed over to them and gave Albert a slap right in the face!

When he got over the first shock, Albert got annoyed and frustrated. "I'm just trying to talk to my best friend! You need to relax."
    CLLj8In.png
    2NwI0we.png
    But Silvia's not having it. She basically positioned herself as a wall between them and scowled at him for the next hour.
    When the others wanted to go home, Albert and Silvia stayed behind for a bit to talk. Albert had been wanting to get something off his chest for a while, and he tried to explain it to Silvia in the nicest way possible. But the message was still clear: If she can't let him spend time with his best friend, they can't be a couple anymore. Silvia didn't want to listen, she completely panicked over him possibly breaking up with her. And in the fight that followed, he realized that was actually what he needed to do.
    KrCbZxH.png
    9HrgyAE.png
    0dw1T19.png
    And so their relationship ended right there, in a very unpleasant way. They were both heartbroken and angry.

In the days that followed, Albert was impossible to console.
    Y1FtbWG.png
    kauXX9J.png
    His family tried their best to cheer him up, but he just ended up distancing himself from them and not communicating at all. He had really bad mood swings and went into a "distant"-phase.
    Look who's visiting Jenna's Diner!
    n8EoFgl.png
    ZNnszAc.png
    I love seeing the other households randomly around the worlds when I don't play them.
    We'll actually have to say goodbye to Jenna now. When she discovered she was pregnant, she decided it was time to move out and go live with her boyfriend Casper. This is from when she had his family over and announced the pregnancy.
    u6de4yO.png
    XYjEFtO.png
    She still lived in the Kalani house when she had her baby, a beautiful girl called Michelle Kalani. But then she took Michelle with her and moved to Casper's family. The Diner stays with this household though, and it's Jenna's wish that Albert is going to manage it on his own when he finishes high school.
    But Albert has other things to deal with right now. He's hardly talked to Pri since he broke up with Silvia, he's somehow afraid to. He mostly sits in his room and listens to music or does homework, he's become very focused on school.
    l8xLfnh.png
    w8lq5Xw.png
    But after several days almost in total isolation, he decides to take action. Since his mother has made sure he's very skilled in writing, he sits down for almost an entire afternoon and writes a long love email to Pri. He opens up and explains all of his feelings for her. And even though he's terrified about her responding, he's relieved to finally come clear about his feelings.
    When Pri contacts him shortly after, she only asks if he wants to come over and work on a school project with her. Albert hurries over there, and tries to have a normal conversation while they work on the bridge construction. Pri doesn't say anything about his love email, she's just cheerful and lovely as always.
    FD0mNGr.png
    cT0KoMk.png
    When they need a break, they join Pri's mother in the kitchen for some snacks. Henriette Holiday is a super friendly elderly woman. Pri's full name is Pri Yun-Holiday, with a combination of her parents' last names. Unfortunately, her father has passed away.

Pri's older brother, Kylo Yun-Holiday, also joins them. But when they're done eating, Pri hints to Albert that they've spent enough time with her family.
    9XiLPg9.png
    IKadotg.png
    They go outside to the back terrace, where there's a beautiful night view. They sit down to finally sort out what they've both been thinking about for ages. Albert's been saving up his courage for a while now, and she responds positively.

And finally, he asks her the big question. Does she want to be his girlfriend?
    bo9N4o2.png
    QUVqNsZ.png
    She does!
    Justøy

In Oasis Springs, family life is hectic as usual. But they've managed to save up some money to renovate parts of the house.
    wYKh0A1.png
    ew5Kr5p.png
    They could finally afford to furnish the living room, so they have some more space to hang out besides the kitchen.

Business is going good with the whole family contributing. Vetle is crafting lots of furniture that he sells in the store's front yard, and little Maria has a small stand where she sells second hand toys and books, and collectibles she and her sister have found.
    4ZTeJtY.png
    LLwh669.png
    VKMCici.png
    They have even been able to hire an employee, and guess who it is? :) Since Jenna moved out from the Kalani household and isn't managing the diner anymore, she was looking for a new job - and Mariana hired her because of her sales skills.
    Mariana's older brother is an elder now, and his oldest kid is a teenager.
    vEuTIh1.png
    They come over once in a while to spend time and the kids can get to know each other, but they don't have a very close relationship. It's nice to have extended family dinners sometimes, though.

The toddlers, Gabriella and Tony, are still uncontrollable.
    Cxjg9Yz.png
    z2B7JTJ.png
    I think Mariana might be tired of having toddlers in the house, haha.
    Tired of toddlers? No way! Turns out Mariana is pregnant again, and they're going to have a fifth child (hopefully not fifth and sixth...)
    96qXl1V.png
    BzFUDFW.png
    But they'll avoid the horror of having three toddlers at once, because the twins are about to age up! They celebrate their birthday with family and friends, including new employee Jenna, at a nearby park.

WFLSHGp.png
    mzsMVVW.png
    It was a great birthday party.