Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Selnes family

Comments

• TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    While waiting for the new baby to pop, Vetle and Mariana have had some nice and calm days at home with all the kids in school during the daytime.
    GxqF1i0.png
    Finally a little time to pay each other some attention!

At one of the evenings they celebrated Ronja's birthday, she didn't get a big party this time. Unless she she gets hopelessly moody, it's going to be nice to have a teenager in the house to help out with the younger children - especially with a new baby on the way.
    x6B2IpH.png
    taezbIC.png
    GYkvW3v.png
    She looks a lot like Mariana, and is already proving to be a responsible and helpful teenager. She has the music aspiration and spends a lot of time practicing on the keyboard.
    Maria came by the bakery after school one day in a terrible mood, and had a need to complain about her day to her mother.
    ECEBa9p.png
    iW5t41W.png
    Mariana has dealt with tantrum-throwing children before, so she just very calmly asked Maria if she wanted to talk to the baby for a bit. She's in her third trimester now, her belly is huge - and Maria is so excited to have a new sibling.

"It's going to be so much fun, mommy!" Maria is so cute with that gap between her teeth.
    fOkLnLc.png
    n2UCKEk.png
    While Mariana continued her work in the bakery, Maria walked down to the harbor to fish while waiting for her mom to finish so they could go home together. Maria loves spending time in and around the bakery, I can easily see her helping out with the baking when she becomes a teen.
    New addition in the Justøy family! Vetle and Mariana's fifth child is another girl, and they've named her Victoria.
    GBMCZ1e.png
    57mrLku.png
    I've always figured these two would want many children, but this will have to be enough. Now when the oldest children are getting old enough to help out with the younger ones, Mariana and Vetle are starting to see a future where they can focus on themselves and each other again. They are already starting to take some time off once in a while.

And when they're out on their jogging rounds, they can rest assured that the baby will be taken care of. Lots of siblings to pay attention to her!
    TOe6LPj.png
    qz05G9R.png
    The twins are thrilled to have a new baby in the house. Maybe this will make them feel more responsible, and stop making mischief all over the place?
    Here's a cute selfie of the twins. I love how Vetle and Mariana's genetics are so differently combined in all the children, none of them look the same so far. I'm very excited to see how baby Victoria will turn out.
    i3VJ9LR.png
    nMdaWSV.png
    Maria has started hanging out with the boy next door, Isak. The one Ronja got in a fight with when the whole family were there for a visit. He's adorable and very friendly, and I have a suspicion that Maria might be crushing on him a little bit :)

He hangs out at their house almost every day after school.
    6GVi3xi.png
    Mariana and Vetle are just happy to interact with yet another child at dinner time!
    The children brought school projects home, and are competing to get the best result. Maria is an A student like her older sister was too in elementary, but the twins are helping each other.
    ChVctet.png
    0G4QBSc.png
    Maria likes to take her time with her projects to make sure they turn out well, so she left her project uncompleted in the living room over night. And guess who saw an opportunity to sabotage big sis! Vetle gave Gabriella a time out for destroying the project, but Maria was furious.

So the next day after school the whole family came together to help Maria start over with her castle diorama. "No Tony, I don't want your help!"
    qDUGQnb.png
    784K9bo.png
    Maria seems to be getting a rivalry relationship to the twins, but is still good friends with Ronja.

And with her parents' and big sisters help, the castle diorama turn out excellent quality!
    GUhdVAk.png
    It now has a proud placement in the living room.
    Baby Victoria is now a toddler, and has the angelic trait (I couldn't take another fussy tot...). She looks similar to Maria, but I think she has her mother's eye shape (like Ronja).
    e5qZFm6.png
    GSR8mLt.png
    The parents decided to let her share a room with Maria, who is not thrilled by that idea - but she is the kid with the highest empathy value in the family and is very caring towards her youngest sister.

So what about Ronja, who used to share rooms with Maria? There was a half room downstairs next to the living room, which functioned as a passage to the back yard and not much more. They've renovated that to give the oldest daughter some private space. I think it turned out cute!
    ctjfztA.png
    r829cg1.png
    She has the smallest room in the house, but at least she's not sharing it with any of her siblings.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Ahh the kids are growing up and they are so cute! Love how the all look different like you said. Your house is really nice looking and cute! :)
    @Linzz Thank you! I'm always trying to make my sims' houses fit their personality, and for this one I have really enjoyed combining Parenthood and Bowling night furniture into a warm and colorful interior.
    Ronja is in a loud phase at the moment, and the whole family deals with it in different ways. Her parents are quite annoyed, thy worry about toddler Victoria's little ears. Maria is also unhappy, but the twins seem less sensitive to the noise and choose to join the fun instead. Here they're having a little dance party at breakfast time.
    SMNWAlQ.png
    IZsn4OY.png
    To get out of the house a bit more, Ronja has started a basketball club with some other teens in the neighborhood.

They're not very good yet haha, but they're just doing it for fun and socializing.
    TUnxRta.png
    LGVVRuJ.png
    The boys she has recruited to her club are all very cute, conveniently enough. But Ronja is not the most flirty type, she's kind of shy when it comes to that sort of thing. Nevertheless, there is especially one boy who seems to be eyeing her quite a bit, and that's Nile (in the blue shirt).
    All the kids brought home school projects at the same time, so now there's a huge family workshop in the back yard.
    N1sCL2Q.png
    L81yXHX.png
    Gabriella was the first to finish her project, with help from dad. It came out good quality, which she was more than pleased with.

Poor Tony on the other hand, didn't have much luck with his solar system - even though he had help from a classmate.
    ipoXWca.png
    This made Gabriella even more smug.
    Maria took an extra day to finish her project as usual, with the goal of finishing it at best possible quality. Gabriella was lurking nearby the whole time in the hopes of seeing her sister fail.
    9XUEGE5.png
    rWIq0Dd.png
    But when Maria's project turned out excellent quality again, the rivalry between the two sister escalated and they had an intense argument about who's better.

Maria stormed inside through the kitchen after the argument, past her dad who was also angry about something - and her mom, who was totally confused about all the sudden anger in the house.
    rpH4c8f.png
    RrZ7btm.png
    ROFpl2j.png
    CLFuPlf.png
    When Ronja also walsed into the kitchen and started swearing loudly at anything and nothing, Mariana had a small meltdown at all the family chaos and had to seek refuge in the garden for some peace and quiet. Oh well, just another day in the Justøy house...
    Later that evening, things had calmed down and after she had put Victoria to bed, Mariana had a quiet evening in the living room with Ronja and the twins. Vetle was at work.
    n6HiNcx.png
    fARkoiu.png
    Maria often prefers to play by herself, and spent the evening upstairs in her room playing doctor on the teddy bear.

But unfortunately for Mariana, nighttime does not necessarily mean quiet. Victoria has been quite an easy toddler so far, but this night she came crying to Mariana and was really scared from a nightmare.
    u1IxyRK.png
    Q6zVDuS.png
    Don't worry, mommy's here. At least you don't have nightmares as often as your older twin siblings did.
    The next day was Saturday, but Maria was up just after her mom and headed down to bother her in the kitchen. She's become so attached to her mother lately.
    51KOiYw.png
    6JPaljk.png
    She eagerly joins Mariana at the bakery every weekend, where she has her little toys-and-collectibles-stand that she never gets tired of.

Vetle also joined them this Saturday, he has gotten really high in the handiness skill and started making wooden bathtubs that are very popular with the customers and bring in good amounts of cash.
    99PCTGb.png
    36rEjnR.png
    The baked goods sell well, too. And Jenna Kalani is doing a good job with the customers!
    Kalani

My dear Albert Kalani is a young adult now! I can't believe he was just a toddler when I started writing about this legacy, and now he's all grown up and ready for real life. And he's looking more like his handsome grandfather Akira than ever.

His main interests are food and writing, so he's trying out his luck in the food critic career. In addition to that, he wants to continue running the diner that Jenna started - but with his own twist to it. He still meets with Jenna regularly, along with other foodie friends who go out to try different restaurants together.
    VQAjyox.png
    viAHFRZ.png
    At home, things are turbulent. He ended up with a pretty bad relationship to his dad upon aging up, so he's mostly angry or tense in his presence and they still argue all the time. And Albert got the responsible character value trait from doing so well in school, but also the insensitive one from low empathy in arguments with his dad. So he's got to take the blame for at least some of the bad vibe between them.

Then it's a good thing he's still going strong with his girlfriend Pri, even though she's turned out to have some commitment issues. She needs her space from time to time, but Albert is so deeply in love with her he ignores any possible warning signals. He just wants to be with her every waking minute of the day.
    hK8Ikcv.png
    z72lEWr.png
    This day, he has brought her along to the Bluffs with some camping gear so spend the night tenting there. Good thing there is no one else around :smiley:
    Pri was quick to put her clothes back on when they got out of the water, but Albert had other plans.
    1ulzoPJ.png
    hFC6y2H.png
    And Pri was not hard to convince!

This should be their wedding photo or something, I love it :lol:
    4phG9JY.png
    AzTTJQP.png
    When Albert also eventually got into some clothes, he prepared a meal for them with veggie burgers on the grill and some home made donuts.
    Albert has a plan with this trip. He's head over heels in love with Pri, and even though they're still very young, he's decided on a future with her. So after some romantic gazing at the sun setting towards the horizon, he's feeling confident it's the right time to pop the big question.
    m76m2Xi.png
    fkHmkNL.png
    But nooooo! She said no! How horribly embarrassing for poor Albert, the foolish romantic. He should have seen this coming.

What will become of their relationship now? Albert is suddenly desperate to save it, he confesses his proposal was too rushed and practically begs Pri not to leave him. He feels like he can't live without her!
    XHJj4Fr.png
    ZzunpZX.png
    iO4oNak.png
    "Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you. I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment."

Agh, darn my game that gave the non-committal trait to my chosen partner for Albert. But I guess this makes it more interesting. And I'm not giving up on these two so easily!
    After spending the night at the Bluffs, Albert and Pri had a lovely brunch together inside Windenburg's old town centre. It seemed everything was pretty much back to normal between them, no awkward atmosphere.
    4EBy5QM.png
    5tPEBNM.png
    At noon, it was time for Albert to go see to his restaurant that he inherited from cousin Jenna when she moved out. Originally he just wanted to do some small changes, but ended up renovating it pretty thoroughly. His ambition is to serve the best ramen available, plus a selection of other Asian inspired dishes.

Today, there are guests all the way from Oasis Springs. It seems Mariana and Vetle decided to take Tony out for lunch and leave Ronja to babysit the rest of the girls.
    Ni3N0id.png
    1idEcSF.png
    Towards the end of the day, Albert realizes it might be time to hire a third waiter. The ones he has hardly get time to too any cleaning up.
    The next day, the new waitress is in place in the busy kitchen, and Albert gives her some instruction and an inspirational speech.
    oiDIzCm.png
    XkLJfu9.png
    Soon after, he has to go praise the chefs warmly. The guests are loving the new menu!

Albert has also decided to do some changes to the outside of the restaurant, especially the back. He realized there was some space there that could come to better use. This is what it looked like originally:
    7cVVsxG.png

With some decorative lighting and a few tables, it looks completely changed.
    CdcdUnw.png
    y2zq8BN.png
    NudJIDP.png
    He added a little meditation/yoga area as well, so he can wind down between busy shifts.
    In between the hectic restaurant managing, Albert also has to do his food critic duty. He sometimes works from a little office nook in the restaurant kitchen, but mostly prefers to work from home in the spacious family kitchen. He likes the work, but sometimes writing column after column can get a tad bit boring.
    gEkb073.png
    YrOVTs4.png
    So it's a good thing Pri is just a phone call away when he decides he wants to have fun instead of work.

And Pri shows up, so Albert's home office day suddenly becomes much less productive.
    clyLozO.png
    OyDZC4p.png
    I'd say this is not the worst form of procrastinating.

Pri ends up staying for dinner, and the family has a nice meal together for once. With all three family members being busy with work at different hours plus Albert and Mahatma having a tense relationship, it's rare now that they eat together at the table.
    iQtYVw3.png
    IDe91aE.png
    Albert realizes he has to finish his work before the evening, and his deadline is accompanied by Pri and Nita singing karaoke together.
    Albert's restaurant club is starting to get a good overview of the different restaurants on offer. This morning they're having breakfast at the old factory (where Nita celebrated her birthday a while back, and Albert went with Pri back when they were just friends).
    GfOOzBR.png
    The chef is not in the greatest shape today apparently, because the food is pretty lousy quality.

When Pri comes over later that day, Albert immediately notices her belly. She's pregnant?!
    NRdjqFK.png
    GTkvOvR.png
    Yup, Pri is accidentally pregnant with Albert's baby. This is not something they're ready for at all, and Pri is very concerned. But Albert soon turns his shock into excitement, and they promise each other they are going to deal with this together. They don't really have any other choice now than to move in together and build a future for their little family.
    So Pri moves into the family home, and starts preparing for the baby. The young parents are really nervous and a bit scared, so Nita decides to take them both on a relaxing camping trip to Granite Falls. Mahatma is squeamish and hates everything outdoorsy that's further away than his own garden, so he's staying home.
    5ogAd2v.png
    mxmdqLu.png
    They rent a cabin that the family has stayed in before, which is an appropriate size for the three of them. Albert and Pri have brought parenting books and a couple of other skill books to prepare for the challenges ahead.

They have a nice first dinner behind the cabin, Albert makes some delicious brochette for them.
    xv0hmC5.png
    3KyXwqZ.png
    They stay up quite late to just talk, mostly about the baby and their future. Pri has always been interested in science, so she's starting as an lab technician when they get back from this holiday. She hopes she'll have a future in that career. But being non-commital, she's not sure if that's the only career path she wants to try out. Albert and Nita try to encourage her on the science career, they're convinced that's where she belongs.
    Both Nita and Albert intend to get some work done on this vacation (typical freelancers and journalists, can never properly take time off), so they have installed themselves with computers on the balconies.
    bUKJRKM.png
    ZPijY8I.png
    Pri continues to read her parenting and rocket science books.

They find a nice restaurants in the woods to spend their evening.
    lEsEXxK.png
    4L3XDve.png
    1IiM4yb.png
    After a couple of days, they're ready to go back home. They eat a solid breakfast together before they head out. When they get back, Pri will give birth very soon!
    It's a good thing Pri and Albert read all those parenting books, because Pri's pregnancy surprisingly resulted in twins! They didn't see it coming at all, they haven't done anything to boost their fertility and were expecting only one baby. There are twins in the family already though, Albert's cousins are identical twins.

These two are not identical - it's a boy and a girl with slightly different skin tones. Their names are Aurora and Jonatan Yun-Kalani.
    tx49hjd.png
    NSVKqXp.png
    pm0r86p.png
    What a task the parents have ahead of them now. Wish them good luck!
    Selnes

Remember this little rascal?
    jx4MJjw.png
    AFyHiJO.png
    Mira Selnes doesn't yet understand how privileged she is, living at the top of the fashion district.

She still has her temper fits, which are loud enough to annoy even her patient grandparents.
    fewq9ZI.png
    ZOZt7YN.png
    She's happiest when she's outside, able to run around and make as much noise as she wishes.
    Both Lennart and Tameka are elders now, and they're aging gracefully.
    6P9zwLJ.png
    Y0V9wfT.png
    They have both retired to spend more time doing things they enjoy, and more importantly be there for their granddaughter who has two busy working mommas.

Mira loves her grandparents so much, they are everything to her.
    v9BFg3Y.png
    vWSVpXZ.png
    They don't mind entertaining her all day, and looking after her whatever she's up to.

(I'm so annoyed that Mira's hair changed color from dark brown to black without me noticing. I have changed it back now, but there will be a few more updates where she has black hair)