Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We get to design our own stuff pack!

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like the ideas for starter and Eco.
    I wonder what could be in the dangerous?? I mean sims are so safe.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Farming? In a stuff pack? That's unrealistic. EP or GP for sure because you'll only get one object. So those wanting pigs, cows, chickens, crops, farm equipment... Wouldn't get it.

Is that what you think I was saying? That there should be a farming SP? Or was there a larger point I was trying to make in general?
    Some ideas off the top of my head-
    Sports pack with a soccer goal or volleyball net
    Teen pack with slumber parties, sleeping bag
    IKEA stuff with bunk bed and couch bed
    "Punk" pack with tattoo machine/chair
    Daycare pack with toddler playground and new venue
    World adventures styled packs for cultural furniture with key items would be great too. (Italy pizza oven, Japan hibachi grill or heated tables, etc)

This is more of the kind of stuff I was hoping to see in the survey, especially the sports and teen pack.

Some of those ideas might already be in the works -- this pack we're discussing isn't coming out till early in 2018 so there are probably at least 2 or 3 more SPs coming out between now and then. Some of the other ideas could possibly be either too big for an SP but would lend themselves to a GP, or could be combined into a GP or EP (for example, the teen activities plus daycare pack could be in a Generations-type pack). The sports pack in particular might require a GP for the new animations/interactions (maybe we could get both beach/land volleyball and pool volleyball at the same time if it's in a GP). IKEA Stuff would require a contract with IKEA, and not sure if they want to go that route; a general bed/bath SP could be a possibility somewhere along the line.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I'm really not pleased
    Avianator wrote: »
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey.

I'm of the same mindset, but in fairness to the creative team, they're only doing those themes because these are the types of things that everyone keeps clamoring for.

And I just don't get it. All the threads at Ideas Corner that are asking for something legitimately new and different (farming, vet career, carnival, sports, etc.) keep getting bumped back three pages in favor of so many threads begging for stuff like "laundry" and "grocery shopping." It's like we're beginning to lose focus. The Sims is a life simulator, yes, but it's also an escapist game. It's not supposed to be a substitute for real life. At the rate everyone keeps asking for all of these mundane activities, I'm afraid that we're going to start hearing, "Coming soon--Dishwashing Stuff Pack!" or "Housecleaning Stuff Pack!" or "Waiting At the Doctor's Office Stuff Pack!" or the "Clipping Toenails Stuff Pack!"

I'm going to try bumping some of old threads of the more unique suggestions at Ideas Corner but I think it's becoming a losing battle.

Most of those themes are way too big for an SP -- we're talking GP at the very least, probably EP (if we do get Pets later this year a vet career could be included, though I hope it's implemented better than the Doctor in GTW so we can take our own pets in for treatment, maybe even include pet grooming). And we don't know what's on the drawing board for this year; the pack they're surveying isn't going to be out until early/mid 2018 which gives us an idea of how long it takes to produce a pack, even something as "small" as an SP.

There's been a growing desire for more focus on Sims at home, less on the perceived "party" aspects of the game. And an SP is the best way to add those little details, leaving room in GPs and EPs for the bigger stuff.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Arcade sounds fun. I'm always up for new group activities for my sims.
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I'm for eco living or starter stuff

Same here. I put starter stuff first though, because I build lots of starter homes and I'm tired of using the same furniture over and over again - so laundry and solar panels will have to wait.

I really like the idea of space saving objects, esp. when you're starting your sim in an appartment. Maybe we could get bunkbeds in that one?

I've really enjoyed the single tile computer desk from City Living -- it fits better in my teen rooms (I like to give them a computer so they can get a head start on skills like writing and programming). More space-saving furniture like that would be welcome -- and yes, bunk beds would probably fit well in that theme.
  • Options
    If we could truly design our own packs, then al the ones I did would have worlds in them and NOTHING more to add the bar type venues.

This is a Stuff Pack -- those won't include worlds, even a small world like in a GP. And what's wrong with adding items that can be added to a bar venue as well as using at home?
  • Options
    AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
    So excited about this! Eco living had my top vote! :)
    Origin ID:
    AStrawberrySlush
  • Options
    thesims4queenthesims4queen Posts: 45 Member
    1- Arcade
    2- Eco-friendly
    3- Starter Home
    4- Wedding
    5- Dangerous

<3
  • Options
    thegreenfairy1783thegreenfairy1783 Posts: 10 New Member
    I want a stuff pack with some of the classic furniture and fun objects from The Sims 1.
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    I want a stuff pack with some of the classic furniture and fun objects from The Sims 1.

Would you please elaborate for those of us who aren't familiar with Sims 1 or 2?

• Options
    jemandthesimagramsjemandthesimagrams Posts: 4 New Member
    what would be in the dangerous pack?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    what would be in the dangerous pack?
    It mentions funerals, potential new deaths and interactions with grimmy as potential areas. A lot of people want funerals, so that would likely go forward, probably also new deaths, the grimmy stuff doesn't seem equally popular in comparison. We don't know yet what else could be in it.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2017
    hopefully wedding doesn't win the vote... that would be a stuff pack you would use once or never at all

to be honest all those themes are lack luster i would choose arcade if i had to

reason to choose arcade is that it's a stuff pack it wouldn't be fleshed out enough to choose something like the afterlife one
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member

Would you please elaborate for those of us who aren't familiar with Sims 1 or 2?

There were objects and decor from Sims 1 that never returned, stuff like dance cages, the charades table, inflatable furniture, etc.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    hopefully wedding doesn't win the vote... that would be a stuff pack you would use once or never at all

to be honest all those themes are lack luster i would choose arcade if i had to

reason to choose arcade is that it's a stuff pack it wouldn't be fleshed out enough to choose something like the afterlife one

I think it really depends on the person. I personally like trying to do as many generations as I can and I usually hold a wedding every time my sim gets ready to marry someone. If you're not big on holding weddings then yeah maybe the pack isnt for you.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

like the vibrating bed. :)
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm really not pleased
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey.

I'm of the same mindset, but in fairness to the creative team, they're only doing those themes because these are the types of things that everyone keeps clamoring for.

And I just don't get it. All the threads at Ideas Corner that are asking for something legitimately new and different (farming, vet career, carnival, sports, etc.) keep getting bumped back three pages in favor of so many threads begging for stuff like "laundry" and "grocery shopping." It's like we're beginning to lose focus. The Sims is a life simulator, yes, but it's also an escapist game. It's not supposed to be a substitute for real life. At the rate everyone keeps asking for all of these mundane activities, I'm afraid that we're going to start hearing, "Coming soon--Dishwashing Stuff Pack!" or "Housecleaning Stuff Pack!" or "Waiting At the Doctor's Office Stuff Pack!" or the "Clipping Toenails Stuff Pack!"

I'm going to try bumping some of old threads of the more unique suggestions at Ideas Corner but I think it's becoming a losing battle.

"Waiting at the doctors office" clipping toenails . You know what? Lol!!!
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey. I thought after "bowling" it couldn't get worse in terms of boredom but I was totally wrong.
    The sad thing about this is: If this Stuff Pack won't sell well, the devs probably will never do a survey like this again.

Guys, we just can't help you creating an amazing Stuff Pack when you already have determined these boring themes.

Me too. Totally underwhelmed.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The starter home stuff was top on my list. Wedding stuff was at the bottom, lol.

I had the starter home as second since I need more consequences and 'death' in the game so it will matter to players how well they look after their Sims as it did in older games. These Sims are always too happy and fear nothing. lol Eco friendly was on the bottom of my list.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I have had a few days to digest what was asked of us .. I have thought it over, and I can see that The Wedding- and the dangerous/ funeral packs could be combined. They could be called " Lets celebrate life " , or " Life's Happenings "... Some thing along that line. Also the Eco Friendly & Starter home pack could be combined too, hence " Eco Friendly Starter Home stuff " Pack..

Fondly,
    Diane Pinkus
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    I just see it as an educational exercise for us as it is only one stuffpack coming out next year as against others that might already be in the pipeline. Please don't get into arguments as to whether the ideas are boring or not. You never know but that yours are the ones in that pipeline.

Just give them some ideas to blow their minds and maybe ones that will grow into into fresh EPs and Gamepacks or even set the seeds for a possible Sims5. (not too soon please. I have to save for a super computer). :D
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    don't remember all in order but Danger was no.1, back in the day I made my sim self and my sim partner irl and moved them in. and a meteor hit my partner (almost died laughing myself), restarted but it made me love the game.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    The only one I want is PETs !!!!! Sadly it isn't on the list....... :'(
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    "Waiting at the doctors office" clipping toenails . You know what? Lol!!!

How about the "Being Put on Hold By Customer Support Pack On The Phone and Clipping Your Toenails As You Wait in Boredom" Stuff Pack? That would be awesome! :D

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    pinkish wrote: »

Patience, Young Padawan. A Pets EP is definitely in the works. If they don't, they're gonna have to boil up a nice batch of hot oil in the company cauldron at HQ in case hordes of angry simmers start storming the gates with torches and pitchforks.
    EiFlric.png