Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We get to design our own stuff pack!

Comments

• Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I feel like dangerous is such a wild card. Like the rest of them have pretty defined features, but I don't know if I should expect realistic dangerous or if we will be getting ridiculous stuff. But at the same time, it interests me so much I had to give it a one.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    1. Arcade
    2. Dangerous
    3. Eco
    4. Starter
    5. Wedding

I'm really excited about this approach they're using. :)
  • Options
    wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    edited April 2017
    1. eco living
    2. dangerous
    3. starter
    4. wedding
    5. arcade

basically reiterating a lot of points i've picked up from other people:
    -i think eco living will be a really cool idea! i like laundry since it's v realistic (and i loved having it in university), and someone said that the eco-friendly trait from sims 3 could make a reappearance which i would like
    -dangerous could be cool, depending on where they take it. i would love graveyards again
    -starter is ok, though we already got a lot of bad/dirty furniture with the CL pack
    -wedding is ok, not very interested bc i never have weddings that often anyway
    -we already got a big arcade machine from GT which i never use, so i don't really see the point in that one
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think this is really cool that the Stuff Pack team is opening it up to the community to decide the theme, etc. for the next Stuff Pack. I'm loving this new level of engagement with Simmers. For me, all the themes seemed interesting, so I won't be disappointed with any of them. But I was really intrigued about Dangerous. I guess we'll see which theme becomes the winner in the next upcoming weeks.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2017
    It hard to choose actually.
    I more was curious about "home technology" the movie "Smart House" comes to mind when I read it.'

and then Sim Deaths, In my stories, my characters die a specific way, perhaps It would allow me to kill them off better.
    same with Wedding.

screen_shot_2017_04_03_at_1_43_52_pm_by_mphattyboi-db4k9zt.png

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    1. Dangerous
    2. Starter
    3. Arcade
    4. Wedding
    5. Eco
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    So far i love the new creating a stuff pack idea.
    Other then that i love it ! What order did you guys vote in? Here's mine:
    1.Stater
    2. Dangerous
    3. Eco-living
    4. Wedding
    5. Arcade
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm really not pleased
    Avianator wrote: »
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey.

I'm of the same mindset, but in fairness to the creative team, they're only doing those themes because these are the types of things that everyone keeps clamoring for.

And I just don't get it. All the threads at Ideas Corner that are asking for something legitimately new and different (farming, vet career, carnival, sports, etc.) keep getting bumped back three pages in favor of so many threads begging for stuff like "laundry" and "grocery shopping." It's like we're beginning to lose focus. The Sims is a life simulator, yes, but it's also an escapist game. It's not supposed to be a substitute for real life. At the rate everyone keeps asking for all of these mundane activities, I'm afraid that we're going to start hearing, "Coming soon--Dishwashing Stuff Pack!" or "Housecleaning Stuff Pack!" or "Waiting At the Doctor's Office Stuff Pack!" or the "Clipping Toenails Stuff Pack!"

I'm going to try bumping some of old threads of the more unique suggestions at Ideas Corner but I think it's becoming a losing battle.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I'm really not pleased
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey.

I'm of the same mindset, but in fairness to the creative team, they're only doing those themes because these are the types of things that everyone keeps clamoring for.

And I just don't get it. All the threads at Ideas Corner that are asking for something legitimately new and different (farming, vet career, carnival, sports, etc.) keep getting bumped back three pages in favor of so many threads begging for stuff like "laundry" and "grocery shopping." It's like we're beginning to lose focus. The Sims is a life simulator, yes, but it's also an escapist game. It's not supposed to be a substitute for real life. At the rate everyone keeps asking for all of these mundane activities, I'm afraid that we're going to start hearing, "Coming soon--Dishwashing Stuff Pack!" or "Housecleaning Stuff Pack!" or "Waiting At the Doctor's Office Stuff Pack!" or the "Clipping Toenails Stuff Pack!"

I'm going to try bumping some of old threads of the more unique suggestions at Ideas Corner but I think it's becoming a losing battle.

Farming? In a stuff pack? That's unrealistic. EP or GP for sure because you'll only get one object. So those wanting pigs, cows, chickens, crops, farm equipment... Wouldn't get it.
  • Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I'm excited about the Dangerous Stuff one and the Starter Home Stuff. Eco Living to a lesser extent. Wedding and Arcade seem kind of meh to me, but I'm not opposed to them. They're better than Bowling Stuff, at least.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    1. Dangerous
    2. Wedding
    3. Starter
    4. Arcade
    5. Eco
    He/Him
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    With stuff packs being centered around a new particular object it's probably difficult to indulge in themes without overstepping a stuff pack and go into game or expansion packs. Definitely could have had better options for this survey though.

Some ideas off the top of my head-
    Sports pack with a soccer goal or volleyball net
    Teen pack with slumber parties, sleeping bag
    IKEA stuff with bunk bed and couch bed
    "Punk" pack with tattoo machine/chair
    Daycare pack with toddler playground and new venue
    World adventures styled packs for cultural furniture with key items would be great too. (Italy pizza oven, Japan hibachi grill or heated tables, etc)

I could go on forever but at least they are considering our thoughts at all honestly.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2017
    I can't really remember how I voted I just know that my number 1 was wedding and my number 5 was home starter. I can't wait for this pack and people say "No one asked for this!!!!!!." :D
    Post edited by LadyJester on
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    The thing is a lot of these themes would work great together e.g Weddings and Funerals, starter and Eco-Living.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey. I thought after "bowling" it couldn't get worse in terms of boredom but I was totally wrong.
    The sad thing about this is: If this Stuff Pack won't sell well, the devs probably will never do a survey like this again.

Guys, we just can't help you creating an amazing Stuff Pack when you already have determined these boring themes.

This isn't even the next stuff pack coming out. They aren't going to leave out potential stuff packs that they think will sell well. These are clearly the leftover options that didn't make the cut of their already planned additional stuff packs.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Farming? In a stuff pack? That's unrealistic. EP or GP for sure because you'll only get one object. So those wanting pigs, cows, chickens, crops, farm equipment... Wouldn't get it.

Is that what you think I was saying? That there should be a farming SP? Or was there a larger point I was trying to make in general?
    Some ideas off the top of my head-
    Sports pack with a soccer goal or volleyball net
    Teen pack with slumber parties, sleeping bag
    IKEA stuff with bunk bed and couch bed
    "Punk" pack with tattoo machine/chair
    Daycare pack with toddler playground and new venue
    World adventures styled packs for cultural furniture with key items would be great too. (Italy pizza oven, Japan hibachi grill or heated tables, etc)

This is more of the kind of stuff I was hoping to see in the survey, especially the sports and teen pack.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Can we make this easy and everyone just agree on the ARCADE one?

I politely disagree with your suggestion.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Dangerous Stuff sounds amazing.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Not creating our own anything here why lie?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love this idea!
    1: Dangerous (Because it sounds like FUN)
    2: Wedding (Because I want any romantic stuff I can get my hands on)
    3: Starter home (Grungy, low-quality things... need I say more)
    Probably wouldn't buy these two,
    4: Eco
    5: Arcade
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Fun idea for including everyone in to the Stuff pack process! Only 5 choices and I still had trouble - lol

1. eco living
    2. starter
    3. arcade
    4. wedding
    5. dangerous
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Can we make this easy and everyone just agree on the ARCADE one?

Nope, I don't like it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    edited April 2017
    1. Dangerous (Mostly for the funerals.)
    2. Wedding (I appear to be quite lonely here XD Weddings just feel so... dull, I guess.)
    3. Arcade (Please...)
    4. Starter Home (Some of this seems to come with City Living, but it seems like it'll add new things, too!)
    5. Eco (Now that I see more people talking about what it could be, I might've put it higher on my list... oh well!)

I think it's great that we get to pick the next stuff pack! I'll definitely try to buy any of these! Here's to hoping EA will continue this in the future!
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Mine were

1. Arcade - I've been wanting more arcade games to really make a hangout for teens and kids. Racing games, maybe ddr?
    2. Starter Home - Players really want more low end furnishing and clothing to add more diversity into their games. Not everyone is well off and can afford to shop at Forever21days
    3. Wedding Stuff - Idk why but I want more wedding stuff. I know we already have a good amount but I want more.
    4. Eco Living - I didn't care for this just based on the description. "new home technologies" I'm not looking for more modern high end furnishing even if it may include laundry.
    5. Dangerous - This makes me think of a gothic styled stuff pack and we just got Vampire GP so I think we got enough gothic styles for now.