Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We get to design our own stuff pack!

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Arcade was top for the social stuff. Dangerous stuff because there's nothing like having new ways to die, Wedding for the potential stuff we'll get with it, Starter fourth because who needs their houses to be cheap, and eco-living came last because I'm not eager to do laundry and enough people will be voting for it as it is.

I think from this, eventually we'll get all of them, and this first poll is a check on what's more important to us. Opinion is pretty divided right now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Here's my vote (Still shocked that we can have a bigger input now but some prune juice and a half a smile will help the "what the deuce"):

1. Dangerous Stuff
    2. Arcade Stuff
    3. Starter Home Stuff
    4. Eco Living Stuff
    5. Wedding Stuff

This was my choice order too!

It was a tough decision.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Dangerous Living was 1 for me.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    1. Arcade (maybe they'll fix the dartboard, flesh out the bowling alleys)
    2. Starter home - even sims need a break
    3. Eco
    4. Wedding - prefer the do it yourself approach of Sims2, low key & lower cost than a big bash
    5. Dangerous - real life is messy enough, thank you

Agree with other posters that the theme selection is rather uninspiring
  • Options
    taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    I voted for Dangerous first. Call me morbid but funerals and deaths and the afterlife...Yes!
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 422 Member

1. Eco Living
    2. Arcade
    3. Dangerous
    4. Starter Home
    5. Wedding
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    OMG I am LOVING the sound of 'Eco Living Stuff' with the laundry and solar panels, also the home technology sounds super interesting!!
    Also I am liking the sound of 'Starter Home Stuff' that sounds pretty fun to me and the space saving furniture could come in handy with those tiny apartments ;) However the pre-owned furniture idea does remind me of the flea market from CL though...
    The rest of the ideas are very meh to me personally, but I really do appreciate that they have let us vote what we think would be the best SP though that was nice of them letting us have a bit of say! @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay whoever created the voting thing, Thank you!! it's a step forward for us to have more of a say :)

It was a team effort to make it happen but I'm excited to finally get to do something like this with you all! :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    It's a cool idea. My top three were Wedding Stuff, Dangerous Living and Eco stuff.

My top three too! I'd love laundry and funerals would be a new and different addition to the game!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Everyone's saying what their top two or three is...what's the SP you put for #1?! I'm curious! I put Eco Friendly. I miss Laundry.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

yeah, I really want the starter home one, it would be nice to have some cheaper furniture, and to be able to build a decent home, without having to use the money cheat.

Mine was:
    1.Starter Home
    2.arcade
    3.Dangerous
    4.Wedding
    5.Eco-Friendly
  • Options
    Hmmm... the themes still lack of inspiration...

Really? I just love the idea of a starter home pack, the only one of these five I'm not interested in, is the eco friendly one. Primarily, because most of these themes are things you can use in everyday play, instead of giving us some party pack thingy.
  • Options
    Arcade sounds fun. I'm always up for new group activities for my sims.
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I'm for eco living or starter stuff

Same here. I put starter stuff first though, because I build lots of starter homes and I'm tired of using the same furniture over and over again - so laundry and solar panels will have to wait.

I really like the idea of space saving objects, esp. when you're starting your sim in an appartment. Maybe we could get bunkbeds in that one?
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I kinda wished there would be more EP's still :/ I'm not really interested in any of them, but you had to rate them so everyone couldn't be 5. Next time I think they should have that option too.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I chose:
    1. Dangerous
    2. Eco
    3. Wedding
    4. Starter
    5. Arcade
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    I kept re-reading the options in the hope that I had overlooked something that sounded fun. :(
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Phlox wrote: »
    I kept re-reading the options in the hope that I had overlooked something that sounded fun. :(

Never mind. If all these options and ideas have been earmarked for the new Stuff Pack we won't have them inflicted on us in any other packs that are put out between now and 2018.

And there can be only one winner so perhaps some of the least fun ideas will quietly sink into oblivion :)

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Please no Wedding SP :s !
    I think that was my last vote :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    My #1 vote was for arcade, the rest I could honestly take or leave. I've been on a teen-creating spree and have been privately lamenting at how there aren't really any fun, casual venues for teens to hang out at (I haven't had the chance to get the bowling pack yet). Arcades would be perfect!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Can I have them all? I mean, I really do like the idea of getting the community involved (it will say allot about what the community wants after all) but what I don't really like is that they're showing us allot of potential content and it seems we're only going to get a fifth of it ;-;
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Can I have them all? I mean, I really do like the idea of getting the community involved (it will say allot about what the community wants after all) but what I don't really like is that they're showing us allot of potential content and it seems we're only going to get a fifth of it ;-;

Depending on how the vote is split, we may get more of it, and stuff might also be incorporated into other packs (especially if not as popular as a stand-alone pack). We just get more hands-on involvement in whatever is picked by most people. That's the only difference.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    Yes, I am one of those who pine for laundry, lol. I think it's great that the producers are making an effort to bring what the community wants in a sp. It seems as though they are genuinely trying to give us what we want, within reason.

My choices were: 1. Eco-friendly cause I lurve laundry, lol. Plus a little help on the bills would be appreciated too.
    2. Dangerous because lord, we need some kind of danger in the sims. :p 3. Arcade, I think, after the first 2, the rest did not seem to matter.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    dirtyDdirtyD Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is such a cool way to include us
    I picked:
    1. Dangerous (this sounds really interesting & unique to the sims. actual funerals for the first time ever?!
    2. Eco-Friendly (laundry!)
    3. Wedding (interested in other cultural aspects)
    4. Arcade
    5. Starter Home
    Post edited by dirtyD on
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Avianator wrote: »
    I'm abolutely not interested in and very disappointed by any of the themes offered in the survey. I thought after "bowling" it couldn't get worse in terms of boredom but I was totally wrong.
    The sad thing about this is: If this Stuff Pack won't sell well, the devs probably will never do a survey like this again.

Guys, we just can't help you creating an amazing Stuff Pack when you already have determined these boring themes.

These are just general themes -- the content will be determined later with discussions. If there's something that would lend itself to the winning theme, you can speak out then. Maybe the Dangerous theme would include interactive graveyards where you can take the urn Grimmy leaves behind, so you have an actual spot for your loved one other than the back yard or fireplace mantel. That's something that's interested most players since we got ghosts patched in after Sims 4 released. I'm not all that interested in more random deaths -- maybe it's because I've had so many people close to me die in Real Life -- but if there's a way to avoid them through smart game play (or the incidence can be reduced via mods) and we got proper graveyards, that in itself would be worth $10 to me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I feel like dangerous is such a wild card. Like the rest of them have pretty defined features, but I don't know if I should expect realistic dangerous or if we will be getting ridiculous stuff. But at the same time, it interests me so much I had to give it a one.

If they can add traits in an SP, a return of the Daredevil trait would be awesome (could be good for careers like Secret Agent or Astronaut as well). Maybe a gameplay item would be a return of the sky diving simulator from Sims 1 (I think it was also a free download in Sims 3 but I never got it for some reason). That's the sort of thing that could be hashed out in discussions if Dangerous is the winning pack theme.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If we could truly design our own packs, then al the ones I did would have worlds in them and NOTHING more to add the bar type venues.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´