Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hmm ok I am having issues with the gallery. MCCC is the only mod that I use, but Deaderpool has said that’s compatible with the patch. I have no CC.

Positive: Everything I have previously saved to my library is still there and I can save new households to my library still.

Positive: I can still save lots to my library

Positive: I can still save households to my library

Positive: I can still place households and lots from my library

Positive: On the main page of the gallery, I can see various households which I can save to my library and also move into lots. I can also place houses from the main page of the gallery.

But...

Negative: None of the households or lots which I have shared to the gallery in the past are there.

Negative: When I tried uploading a household to the gallery, it said it had uploaded but it’s not in my catalogue.

Negative: When I tried uploading a lot the the gallery, it got stuck on a loading screen for an hour and did not upload

Negative: When I click on a hashtag at the top of the screen, no results are found.

Negative: When I search a hashtag no results are found

Negative: When I search an item name no results are found

Negative: When I search an EA ID, no results are found

Negative: In fact, when I search anything at all no results are found.

Your issues aren't MCCC related. Today's update changed the Gallery and several people are having similar issues. See this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/935690/gallery-issues#latest
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Hmm ok I am having issues with the gallery. MCCC is the only mod that I use, but Deaderpool has said that’s compatible with the patch. I have no CC.

Positive: Everything I have previously saved to my library is still there and I can save new households to my library still.

Positive: I can still save lots to my library

Positive: I can still save households to my library

Positive: I can still place households and lots from my library

Positive: On the main page of the gallery, I can see various households which I can save to my library and also move into lots. I can also place houses from the main page of the gallery.

But...

Negative: None of the households or lots which I have shared to the gallery in the past are there.

Negative: When I tried uploading a household to the gallery, it said it had uploaded but it’s not in my catalogue.

Negative: When I tried uploading a lot the the gallery, it got stuck on a loading screen for an hour and did not upload

Negative: When I click on a hashtag at the top of the screen, no results are found.

Negative: When I search a hashtag no results are found

Negative: When I search an item name no results are found

Negative: When I search an EA ID, no results are found

Negative: In fact, when I search anything at all no results are found.

Your issues aren't MCCC related. Today's update changed the Gallery and several people are having similar issues. See this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/935690/gallery-issues#latest
    Oh good! I’ll post there then. Thank you :)

ETA all is now fixed!
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I know that a lot of people who have MCCC also use the UI Cheats Extension mod - well, UI Cheats is conflicting with the new-look Gallery, causing the Gallery to freeze. I haven't had time to playtest the mod in-game so I don't know if it's also causing gameplay issues. The modder is aware of the issues. Fingers crossed they will update it soon!

It's been updated. :)http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

Awesome, thanks.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hi! I have my mcc age settings on a custom long length and I noticed it starts over the age for every sim in the save whenever I redownload the mcc for an update and have to reinput my custom ages. Is there any way to save progress on which options I’ve previously chosen so it doesn’t keep resetting every time there’s a patch and an updated mcc?

@brookiepeoples Hi! The Settings CFG File you always want to keep as that's where the options you've chosen are stored. So if you delete that file & redownload MCC it's not going to have your settings.

Whenever I make changes to MCCC settings, I make a copy of the mc_settings.cfg file and put it in a Backups folder on my desktop -- that way I have a copy if I accidentally delete the file when updating.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    brookiepeoplesbrookiepeoples Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="stilljustme2;c-16649298"][quote="Sha2520032003;c-16648017"][quote="brookiepeoples;c-16647719"]Hi! I have my mcc age settings on a custom long length and I noticed it starts over the age for every sim in the save whenever I redownload the mcc for an update and have to reinput my custom ages. Is there any way to save progress on which options I’ve previously chosen so it doesn’t keep resetting every time there’s a patch and an updated mcc? [/quote]

@brookiepeoples Hi! The Settings CFG File you always want to keep as that's where the options you've chosen are stored. So if you delete that file & redownload MCC it's not going to have your settings. [/quote]

Whenever I make changes to MCCC settings, I make a copy of the mc_settings.cfg file and put it in a Backups folder on my desktop -- that way I have a copy if I accidentally delete the file when updating. [/quote]

Oh yay! Thank you both! :)
  • Options
    Two of my (already married with a spouse in the household) sims have decided to take second spouses! I do use MCCC, but I have it set to bypass played households when making marriages and polygamy is switched off. Also, MCCC notifies me of all marriages it makes and it certainly did not notify me of these two matches. I know it’s silly but this actually really upset me. Is it an MCCC problem causing this?

Also, does MCCC cause played but inactive sims to change into random outfits other than their assigned outfits? This has been happening to me for a while.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I just got MCCC yesterday and so far it's great.
    I've downloaded some characters and such from the gallery and while playing last night I got a ton of marriage announcements and one pregnancy announcement from unplayed Sims. (I have it set so that only married Sims can get pregnant to stop insane family trees from forming.) It is SO FUNNY. I was dying reading who marrying who. Especially the characters that I have. Cisco Ramone and Sally West from The Flash got married and I still can't stop laughing about it.
    My question for you all: any opinions on where to set the percent for random births and marriages? I want story progression for unplayed sims...but I also don't want 100 babies in town all at once. What do you guys set yours to? I was unsure about those settings.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I've downloaded some characters and such from the gallery and while playing last night I got a ton of marriage announcements and one pregnancy announcement from unplayed Sims. (I have it set so that only married Sims can get pregnant to stop insane family trees from forming.) It is SO FUNNY. I was dying reading who marrying who. Especially the characters that I have. Cisco Ramone and Sally West from The Flash got married and I still can't stop laughing about it.
    My question for you all: any opinions on where to set the percent for random births and marriages? I want story progression for unplayed sims...but I also don't want 100 babies in town all at once. What do you guys set yours to? I was unsure about those settings.

I can't remember my settings for the one "experiment game" I am playing with MCCC. I have replaced many townies and premades with aliens and upped the abduction level to almost invasion and let MCCC go to town. I play 2 households and I am going to try to let some of the next generation go into unplayed so the game doesn't get to overwhelming. It is fun to see who has married who and the aliens moving around from household to household.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

@MaiaPlaysSims I usually set mine on default, which is a setting of zero. I still tend to have a lot of marriages and babies at default. When my population is low, like in my current Legacy Save, as everyone has died I might adjust percentage to 10 for both births and marriages, but I don't usually go higher than 10%. When there's too many marriages or births, I might set it at -10%, so it really just depends on what's going on in my game. I would recommend playing with this setting until you find your sweet spot. If it's too high you can always lower it & vice versa.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    @MaiaPlaysSims I usually set mine on default, which is a setting of zero. I still tend to have a lot of marriages and babies at default. When my population is low, like in my current Legacy Save, as everyone has died I might adjust percentage to 10 for both births and marriages, but I don't usually go higher than 10%. When there's too many marriages or births, I might set it at -10%, so it really just depends on what's going on in my game. I would recommend playing with this setting until you find your sweet spot. If it's too high you can always lower it & vice versa. [/quote]
    Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member

I have mine set to a max number of children per household so the town isn't overwhelmed. I think three? I forget what my pregnancy percentage is set to be.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Hi. I know there's a way to set this mod so that a teen can discontinue school, but in my hot mess of an office — probably mixed in amidst my genealogy papers— I have misplaced the path for it. I actually had it written down, I promise. But, like a few other things, it's grown legs and walked off! So, if someone would be so kind as to post it again, I would be very grateful. Please, and thank you, in advance. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hi. I know there's a way to set this mod so that a teen can discontinue school, but in my hot mess of an office — probably mixed in amidst my genealogy papers— I have misplaced the path for it. I actually had it written down, I promise. But, like a few other things, it's grown legs and walked off! So, if someone would be so kind as to post it again, I would be very grateful. Please, and thank you, in advance. :)

Hello @GalacticGal
    The setting is
    MCCC >MC Career > Children Quit School
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @GalacticGal
    The setting is

Thank you! This time I shall enter it into my data base so that I won't lose it. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @GalacticGal
    The setting is

Thank you! This time I shall enter it into my data base so that I won't lose it. :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sul Sul. I got my first ever, last exception error. MCCC is version 4.4.5 with population, woo hoo and pregnancy modules loaded. All have been downloaded fairly recently, like since the seasons big patch but not since the gallery update.
    The game itself is fully updated including the gallery update/latest patch.
    My active family appear okay, everything looks how I expected it to be.

As I’ve never had one of these errors before, I’m not sure what it means or what to do about it. Tried a quick google but no immediate luck.
    A little help please?

OKAY, Little Update: I thought to check Deaderpools documentation. I have read that Last Exceptions are generally not related to MCCC as such; but that they are also usually related to out of date CC/mods. I can confirm that I have no other mods or CC besides MCCC and the modules stated above.
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Sul Sul. I got my first ever, last exception error. MCCC is version 4.4.5 with population, woo hoo and pregnancy modules loaded. All have been downloaded fairly recently, like since the seasons big patch but not since the gallery update.
    The game itself is fully updated including the gallery update/latest patch.
    My active family appear okay, everything looks how I expected it to be.

As I’ve never had one of these errors before, I’m not sure what it means or what to do about it. Tried a quick google but no immediate luck.
    A little help please?

OKAY, Little Update: I thought to check Deaderpools documentation. I have read that Last Exceptions are generally not related to MCCC as such; but that they are also usually related to out of date CC/mods. I can confirm that I have no other mods or CC besides MCCC and the modules stated above.

Hi @NRowe, i would like to see your LE. Unfortunately it's not possible here in this forum to upload files. Therefore you might join our MCCC Discord server, where we can have a look at it. Please use this Invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

You might tag me (same username) or talk to somebody else from the support team. There is always someone available, no matter in which time zone you live.

There are some game constellation which create LE also without any CC/mods in use. That's not that unusual. But in general MCCC doesn't cause any LE by itself, at least not at the moment with version 4.5.5. But also @Deaderpool is almost everyday present at Discord, so if there is a problem with MCCC itself, he can fix it on short notice.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Cheers @Bonxie. I remembered the exisitance of Discord a little later in my panic/process. I am there now.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Upcoming MCCC 5.0.0!

MCCC 5.0.0 development made good progress so far and there will be some exiting new options to improve your gameplay:
    • No Annoying Actions - Updated Autonomy Scan features.
    • Pregnancy - Major re-coding for the MCCC pregnancy offspring processes.
    • Seasons - Hot Weather and Cold Weather outfits are now allowed for MC Cleaner.

Stay tuned for the next announcements!

Have Fun!

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users from all over the world
    • live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • live support from the legendary MCCC support team, also in different languages (i. e. Korean, French, Spanish, Russian)
    • live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

#MCCC #Teaser
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Options
    I get last exception messages fairly frequently, although I have never used CC and the only mod I have is MCCC. I know this is probably bad but I tend to just ignore them. I should probably get them checked out though, I guess.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Cheers @MaggieMarley. As stated, I’d never gotten one. I panicked (as you may have guess and I think I mentioned).

It turned out to be a problem with some interaction. It seems to have specifically been setting the table. I guess it didn’t like that my teenager was in the middle of setting the table when I saved and quit last. (Normally I quit out at night while they’re sleeping). At least my family is ‘safe’. I am happy for that.
    I think I’ll make some backup plans in case of a more serious disaster.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I get last exception messages fairly frequently, although I have never used CC and the only mod I have is MCCC. I know this is probably bad but I tend to just ignore them. I should probably get them checked out though, I guess.

Show us you LE on Discord. It won't hurt, even if we don't find a solution. But there might be a chance to track down the issue.

Please use this Invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bonxie wrote: »

Show us you LE on Discord. It won't hurt, even if we don't find a solution. But there might be a chance to track down the issue.

Thank you, @Bonxie

Which Last Exception file, though? Just the most recent? I get them quite often.
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »

Thank you, @Bonxie

Which Last Exception file, though? Just the most recent? I get them quite often.

If you're online now, just come over to Discord, change to the #general_suppport channel and tag me.
    We need the most recent one, preferably that without numbers in the filename.
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    My sims keep wearing odd clothing that I didn't choose for them. I have MCC dresser installed.
    Can I set it so that my sims wear only outfits I choose for them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top