Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    BorkerRustyBorkerRusty Posts: 3 New Member
    I can’t get MCCC work at all ;-;
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited July 2018
    I can’t get MCCC work at all ;-;

Sorry, my crystal ball says: not enough input, even not for fortune telling.

You might post some details, for example what's your game version and mccc version, is there an error message, do you get the mccc welcome screen, what else you've tried so far, etc.

Seriously, if you want somebody to help you, you have to try a little harder than this.

The only thing I can recommend without further information:
    Try our MCCC troubleshooting wizard at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2018
    lizmac21 wrote: »
    not gonna read 71 pages, need help with two things,

#1 my sims get married but no one name changes, want them to match the husbands. this included if they already have kids too.

#2 my male sim is a SCIENTIST and when he gets take up by the aliens. there a chance of pregnancy, i want to make sure he can get pregnant.

thank you so much!!!

#1 Have a look at this setting here: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Marriage > Rename Opposite Sex

#2 I don't think you can 100% guarantee a pregnancy each time but I don't use this module much so don't know for sure. Reading the info about each setting suggests not, but have a read for yourself: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_occult

sorry took me so long to check this, i went where you said, and it on "use male name"

my sims got married couple days ago and wife's name did change,

Thank you!!
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    When I use the “add a relationship” function to make sim A the child of sim B, sim B shows up in the relationship panel of sim A as “father” or “mother”. That’s great. But, the parent of Sim B does not show up as “grand mother/father” in the relationship panel of sim A. Nor does the sibling of Sim B appear in the relationship panel of Sim A as “aunt” or “uncle”. Is it possible this could be fixed, or is it intentional?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited July 2018
    When I use the “add a relationship” function to make sim A the child of sim B, sim B shows up in the relationship panel of sim A as “father” or “mother”. That’s great. But, the parent of Sim B does not show up as “grand mother/father” in the relationship panel of sim A. Nor does the sibling of Sim B appear in the relationship panel of Sim A as “aunt” or “uncle”. Is it possible this could be fixed, or is it intentional?

When you are in the relationship panel for Sim A, click on the picture of Sim B and see if their parents and siblings appear. If they do, you should be able to hover over them and see their relationships to Sim A.

Edit: By relationship panel, I am talking about the family tree, not in CAS.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Never dealt with family trees, but there is a comment from @Deaderpool on the MCCC FAQ page:

"Why can I not set other family relationship types like Aunt/Uncle/Cousin/Grandparents?
    The only relationships that are actually stored on Sims are spouses, parents, children and siblings. All other relationships you see in the family tree and on Sims are calculated from those base relationships. That’s why in CAS when defining a household, the only settings between Sims for relationships that can be defined are Spouse, Parent, Child or Sibling. As such, those are the only relationships that I allow to be set as well, just like the core game does. The other relationship types will be calculated from those relationships just like they are from CAS.
    "
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bonxie wrote: »

Never dealt with family trees, but there is a comment from @Deaderpool on the MCCC FAQ page:

"Why can I not set other family relationship types like Aunt/Uncle/Cousin/Grandparents?
    The only relationships that are actually stored on Sims are spouses, parents, children and siblings. All other relationships you see in the family tree and on Sims are calculated from those base relationships. That’s why in CAS when defining a household, the only settings between Sims for relationships that can be defined are Spouse, Parent, Child or Sibling. As such, those are the only relationships that I allow to be set as well, just like the core game does. The other relationship types will be calculated from those relationships just like they are from CAS.
    "
    Thank you, Bonxie. It’s true that, after adding a parent/child relationship with MCCC, relationships such as aunt, cousin, grandparent do appear on the family tree. But, they are not marked on the relationship panel, the “family” interactions from parenthood are not available between those sims, those sims can still be romantic towards each other if of the correct age. This is the problem.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

When you are in the relationship panel for Sim A, click on the picture of Sim B and see if their parents and siblings appear. If they do, you should be able to hover over them and see their relationships to Sim A.

Edit: By relationship panel, I am talking about the family tree, not in CAS.
    Thank you. It’s true that, after adding a parent/child relationship with MCCC, relationships such as aunt, cousin, grandparent do appear on the family tree. But, they are not marked on the relationship panel, the “family” interactions from parenthood are not available between those sims, those sims can still be romantic towards each other if of the correct age. This is the problem.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    kardizzlekardizzle Posts: 54 Member
    Hey! I saw in a post from last year that you can use the MCCC for things like annoying actions such as using computer all the time, drinking water etc, and also for getting your sims married and starting families without you having to make them do that. I was looking for about those same actions. I just don't want to receive endless notifications regarding sims that I've never even met before. I want it to be like when my sims become young adults they will move on with their lives on their own. Any tips on how to 'set' the mod settings to do that? I don't want to get too in over my head, I just want to simply do these things particularly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just need help figuring out how to get to this set up, so my sims and others can grow up and start their own families, that way I don't have to go and create every family myself and play them all one by one.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    kardizzle wrote: »
    Hey! I saw in a post from last year that you can use the MCCC for things like annoying actions such as using computer all the time, drinking water etc, and also for getting your sims married and starting families without you having to make them do that. I was looking for about those same actions. I just don't want to receive endless notifications regarding sims that I've never even met before. I want it to be like when my sims become young adults they will move on with their lives on their own. Any tips on how to 'set' the mod settings to do that? I don't want to get too in over my head, I just want to simply do these things particularly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just need help figuring out how to get to this set up, so my sims and others can grow up and start their own families, that way I don't have to go and create every family myself and play them all one by one.

You need at least the MC Population and the MC Pregnancy module from MCCC to create something like a basic story progression.

Have a look at the options here:

http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_pregnancy
    Quote: "The MC Pregnancy module contains functionality specifically oriented to enabling other Sim households within the neighborhoods to have children and get married. The random pregnancy/marriage checks run at midnight. They run on different days depending on the game speed. The faster the game, the more often they run to allow more pregnancy/marriage chances before the Sims get too old to have children or get married. If a game is on No Aging, the check runs once a week and Sims will have a totally random chance to have the children and get married instead of it being based on the amount of time they have until age-up."

http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_population
    Quote: "The MC Population module contains functionality related to creating new homeless Sims or moving out elders. The homeless population happens by replacing the Sim(s) that Sims 4 is requesting with Sim(s) specific to the settings. From my personal testing, 99% of the time, this is a single Sim. This is due to Sims 4 requesting a jogger…or a walker…or a mailman…it’s kind of insane really. How many jogger/walker/mailmen do you need?! I just intercept the request from Sims 4 for whatever and replace the request with our own Sim request. This functionality runs automatically, so there are no command-line actions for mc_population but below are the settings."

Also the FAQ are worth a look:
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

• Options
    chicken_cakechicken_cake Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the last tip, @Bonxie! However, I do have one question. I can’t find any settings to actually turn NPC pregnancy and marriage on... when you download the pregnancy and population modules, do unplayed Sims automatically get married and have children? In other words, is story progression automatically turned on when you download the modules and you can just fine tune the settings or have I missed the setting that turns on basic story progression?
  • Options
    Thanks for the last tip, @Bonxie! However, I do have one question. I can’t find any settings to actually turn NPC pregnancy and marriage on... when you download the pregnancy and population modules, do unplayed Sims automatically get married and have children? In other words, is story progression automatically turned on when you download the modules and you can just fine tune the settings or have I missed the setting that turns on basic story progression?

Yes, if you have those two modules (besides the mc_cmd_center.package and the mc_cmd_center.ts4script, which you always need for the mod to work) in your game, you have automatically activated the MCCC story progression.
  • Options
    chicken_cakechicken_cake Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh my goodness thank you for the tip I was freaking out that I did something wrong!
  • Options
    semiautomvticsemiautomvtic Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I'm having a problem where when I disable the "teens quit school", it still asks me if I want to quit Highschool when I try to get a part time job. Any idea how I can solve this?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Hey! I'm having a problem where when I disable the "teens quit school", it still asks me if I want to quit Highschool when I try to get a part time job. Any idea how I can solve this?

@semiautomvtic Hi! I had this happen with my teen. What I found that works is that after you disable 'teens quit school' in MC, Save the game, Exit the the game & then Reload. Once you reload the game, your teen should be able to get a part-time job. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    DinocanidDinocanid Posts: 12 New Member
    I can't seem to put any seeds in the planter, they're removed from the inventory but it just causes an uncaught exception to pop-up.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dinocanid wrote: »
    I can't seem to put any seeds in the planter, they're removed from the inventory but it just causes an uncaught exception to pop-up.

Have a look at this post regarding what to do if a lastException error message appears (section "Last Exception Tips"):
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Here is a detailed post about last exception errors and what to do:
    https://eg4mccc.tumblr.com/post/172875947269/mcccs-error-notifications

Show us your lastException.txt on our MCCC discord server.
    Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I know that a lot of people who have MCCC also use the UI Cheats Extension mod - well, UI Cheats is conflicting with the new-look Gallery, causing the Gallery to freeze. I haven't had time to playtest the mod in-game so I don't know if it's also causing gameplay issues. The modder is aware of the issues. Fingers crossed they will update it soon!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I know that a lot of people who have MCCC also use the UI Cheats Extension mod - well, UI Cheats is conflicting with the new-look Gallery, causing the Gallery to freeze. I haven't had time to playtest the mod in-game so I don't know if it's also causing gameplay issues. The modder is aware of the issues. Fingers crossed they will update it soon!
    I don’t use UI Cheats, but I do use MCCC. I don’t suppose you know whether MCCC is causing issues after the update today?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I don’t use UI Cheats, but I do use MCCC. I don’t suppose you know whether MCCC is causing issues after the update today?

Afraid I don't know - not had time to really get in-game to play. If it is, I'm sure someone will post about it here.
  • Options
    brookiepeoplesbrookiepeoples Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I have my mcc age settings on a custom long length and I noticed it starts over the age for every sim in the save whenever I redownload the mcc for an update and have to reinput my custom ages. Is there any way to save progress on which options I’ve previously chosen so it doesn’t keep resetting every time there’s a patch and an updated mcc?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Hi! I have my mcc age settings on a custom long length and I noticed it starts over the age for every sim in the save whenever I redownload the mcc for an update and have to reinput my custom ages. Is there any way to save progress on which options I’ve previously chosen so it doesn’t keep resetting every time there’s a patch and an updated mcc?

@brookiepeoples Hi! The Settings CFG File you always want to keep as that's where the options you've chosen are stored. So if you delete that file & redownload MCC it's not going to have your settings.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

It's been updated. :)http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    MCCC should work with the 31st July update.

From Deaderpool:

Today’s update for the Sims 4 should have no impact on MCCC. It was just a bug-fix update from EA. 4.4.5 will be compatible like it was to the previous update.
    As always, Last Exception errors are from other mods/cc that are broken by EA’s update. If you are getting those errors, there are details about them on my Troubleshooting documentation on my website in the Help menu.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hmm ok I am having issues with the gallery. MCCC is the only mod that I use, but Deaderpool has said that’s compatible with the patch. I have no CC.

Positive: Everything I have previously saved to my library is still there and I can save new households to my library still.

Positive: I can still save lots to my library

Positive: I can still save households to my library

Positive: I can still place households and lots from my library

Positive: On the main page of the gallery, I can see various households which I can save to my library and also move into lots. I can also place houses from the main page of the gallery.

But...

Negative: None of the households or lots which I have shared to the gallery in the past are there.

Negative: When I tried uploading a household to the gallery, it said it had uploaded but it’s not in my catalogue.

Negative: When I tried uploading a lot the the gallery, it got stuck on a loading screen for an hour and did not upload

Negative: When I click on a hashtag at the top of the screen, no results are found.

Negative: When I search a hashtag no results are found

Negative: When I search an item name no results are found

Negative: When I search an EA ID, no results are found

Negative: In fact, when I search anything at all no results are found.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top