Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    I'm attempting to make the time sims take to do things more realistic. However I'm failing. I assumed changing "Game Time Speed" would do this but in testing my sim still takes 45 sim minutes to take a shower with yellow hygiene bar. No matter the setting. I tested it first at default setting 25 and then at setting 100. This means if I understand correctly that 1 sim minute passes in the same real time as 4 sim minutes did before. The expectation was that the 45 minute shower would have changed to a 11 or 12 minute shower. Am I attempting to modify the wrong variable to achieve an overall more realistic duration of time for things like shower/bathing, using the toilet, eating and meal prep etc?

Also is it possible to modify need decay of each individual need? Once I get the above sorted out I would like need decay to be more realistic. Right now the default decay is so slow my sims practically go a whole day without needing to eat, use the toilet, shower/bathe, and days without fun. To start my sims should need to eat 3 times (aka yellow need after 4-5 sim hours). Bladder need yellow about every 8 sim hours or more frequent with things that make you have to go more. Hygiene maybe yellow need after 24 or 36 hours of idleness type activity; or red after 8 hours of stuff like hard work, working out.
  • Options
    maegen12maegen12 Posts: 3 New Member
    Halp! I want my sims to be able to age kind of naturally but for some reason it says disabled? Whenever I click on one of my sims and click mc command it says for example Age: Young Adult - Disabled. I don't want it to be disabled :( I checked the "sims flags" and none of them have flags. I also would like other households I play to be able to age up as well.

ps: I have the newest updated MCCC after the new seasons patch.

Thanks in advanced!
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited June 2018
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I'm attempting to make the time sims take to do things more realistic. However I'm failing. I assumed changing "Game Time Speed" would do this but in testing my sim still takes 45 sim minutes to take a shower with yellow hygiene bar. No matter the setting. I tested it first at default setting 25 and then at setting 100. This means if I understand correctly that 1 sim minute passes in the same real time as 4 sim minutes did before. The expectation was that the 45 minute shower would have changed to a 11 or 12 minute shower. Am I attempting to modify the wrong variable to achieve an overall more realistic duration of time for things like shower/bathing, using the toilet, eating and meal prep etc?

Quote from the MCCC FAQ:

When I use Game Time Speed to make the days longer, is there a way to make interactions not take longer as well?

No. There is no way to separate the two timings from Sims 4 in script. There is a single variable that Sims 4 uses for all timing mechanisms, including Game Time Speed and the duration of interactions. They can't be separated because there is only one in the core EA code. The only alternative is to individually change the duration for any interactions that a different duration is desired through a tuning mod. This would require changes to hundreds of interactions. It is not a script mod change, and not an easy tuning mod change for that matter either, due to the large number of files that must be modified. This is why there hasn't ever been a "Game Time Speed" mod for Sims 4 that doesn't affect both the length of the day and the length of interaction durations.

Also is it possible to modify need decay of each individual need? Once I get the above sorted out I would like need decay to be more realistic. Right now the default decay is so slow my sims practically go a whole day without needing to eat, use the toilet, shower/bathe, and days without fun. To start my sims should need to eat 3 times (aka yellow need after 4-5 sim hours). Bladder need yellow about every 8 sim hours or more frequent with things that make you have to go more. Hygiene maybe yellow need after 24 or 36 hours of idleness type activity; or red after 8 hours of stuff like hard work, working out.

No, there is no possibility in MCCC to individually modify the decay of a particular need. It's all or nothing.

MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Motive Decay > Sim Motive Decay Percent

This option alters the rate at which the motives decay for Sims. 100, which is the default, results in normal motive decay. Below 100 reduces the rate at which motives decay. 50 = half the normal motive decay rate. 0 = no motive decay. etc. Going above 100 (up to 200) increases the rate at which motive decay making them drop 2x faster than default EA levels. Traits and buffs that affect Motive decay will still apply to the new decay rate as well unless it's set to zero. There is the possibility to do this individually for cats, dogs, sims and vampires - but in each case the setting is valid for all motives together.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    maegen12 wrote: »
    Halp! I want my sims to be able to age kind of naturally but for some reason it says disabled? Whenever I click on one of my sims and click mc command it says for example Age: Young Adult - Disabled. I don't want it to be disabled :( I checked the "sims flags" and none of them have flags. I also would like other households I play to be able to age up as well.

ps: I have the newest updated MCCC after the new seasons patch.

Thanks in advanced!

Check the auto age setting in Game Options/Gameplay. Regarding your issue it might be "No", but it should be "Yes" to have sims aging. In that case it would be an in game setting. MCCC is only displaying the status.
  • Options
    maegen12maegen12 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > maegen12 wrote: »
    >
    > Halp! I want my sims to be able to age kind of naturally but for some reason it says disabled? Whenever I click on one of my sims and click mc command it says for example Age: Young Adult - Disabled. I don't want it to be disabled :( I checked the "sims flags" and none of them have flags. I also would like other households I play to be able to age up as well.
    >
    > ps: I have the newest updated MCCC after the new seasons patch.
    >
    > Thanks in advanced!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Check the auto age setting in Game Options/Gameplay. Regarding your issue it might be "No", but it should be "Yes" to have sims aging. In that case it would be an in game setting. MCCC is only displaying the status.

Thank you so much! I feel like such a dummy. I didn't even think to check my game options LOL. Again, thank you!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2018
    Deleted. Figured it out :)
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2018
    Have no other mods installed except this and it threw up an error in the game about an exception error with one of the mods (didn't say which one.)

I also had an issue after moving home where there was a duplicate of a dresser in the family inventory (gave me double the simoleans selling the one in the world and the one in the inventory though!) and the Buyer Beware was emptied of all its contents, as in removed completely.
  • Options
    @Bonxie Thanks for the info. I never realized that task durations were not tied to the speed of the game clock. have to locate the stuff that I want to go faster and make a mod for them.
  • Options
    freakshowtylerfreakshowtyler Posts: 32 Member
    I have a dog who fell pregnant. Actually, it might be worth noting that I tried making the dog mate with another one time only, but it failed... but then the next day I tried again and it wouldn't allow me because the dog was already pregnant. I never got any notification that she was pregnant either, only a notification that she had gone into labour.

Anyway, using MCCC I could see that she was expecting 3 male puppies, but when the birth actually happened she only had one female puppy. Anyone else experienced anything like this? Is this something to do with MCCC, or just a game glitch? It also might be worth saying that all of this took place after the seasons patch was introduced...
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    Hi, i'm not sure if anyone else has already asked about this...

So MCCC has done a magical job of making my non active family pets fall pregnant. I know the pregnancy has definitely happened correctly, first I received a notification saying so but also when I check the pet whilst visiting their homes, it says on their info bit that they are pregnant, in their first trimester with 1/2/3 Kittens/Puppies.

My problem is that the pets pregnancies aren't progressing at all. I've tested this out and checked on a NPC cat every day. A full sim week went by and it was still saying 1st trimester. I've also tested a pet pregnancy within my active household and the pregnancy was normal and resulted in a normal litter of kittens.

I'm not sure if there is anyway of forcing the pregnancies to progress? Or even to force labour?
  • Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    Has anyone else have the problem with the bulitn board? Each time I try to clear it off I get an exception. Just uploaded new MCC today. I'm also having problems giving my pet a bath. It goes on and on and he never gets clean and the sim won't stop bathing him. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    @geekgirl101
    @freakshowtyler
    @NESSAROURKE
    @Alyza_1

Please come over to our MCCC Discord server, to discuss your issues their.
    Please use this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

Thanks!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Is there a way to save the settings when I upgrade to 4.4.5?

Yes, don't delete the config file (mc_settings.cfg).
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Is there a way to save the settings when I upgrade to 4.4.5?

Yes, don't delete the config file (mc_settings.cfg).

oh thats what thats for. i never knew. and i already ask a lot of questions so i never asked.
  • Options
    notcreativenotcreative Posts: 2 New Member
    My MCCC isn´t showing up in game after I updated to the newest release. Oddly enough the rest of my cc work. Some ideas? (I´ve already tried to reinstall)
  • Options
    My MCCC isn´t showing up in game after I updated to the newest release. Oddly enough the rest of my cc work. Some ideas? (I´ve already tried to reinstall)

Have you unzipped everything and extracted the files? It's not too many levels down in the folder structure?
  • Options

Try our MCCC troubleshooter to check whether everything is the way it should be:
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/?help/troubleshooting#Top
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2018

I just finished toggling mine and after knocking it up one at a time and much restarting I've found 86 to be the magic number. It's even better than how EA had it in my opinion. I found they got tired and tried to go to bed way too soon. 87 might also be good, i havent tried it, but I found 86 to be perfect enough that I stopped there.
    Edit:: just tried 87 and it's even better
    Post edited by Paralee on
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    notcreativenotcreative Posts: 2 New Member
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > notcreative wrote: »
    >
    > My MCCC isn´t showing up in game after I updated to the newest release. Oddly enough the rest of my cc work. Some ideas? (I´ve already tried to reinstall)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you unzipped everything and extracted the files? It's not too many levels down in the folder structure?

I´ve done and tried all I can do in that area.
  • Options
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > notcreative wrote: »
    >
    > My MCCC isn´t showing up in game after I updated to the newest release. Oddly enough the rest of my cc work. Some ideas? (I´ve already tried to reinstall)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you unzipped everything and extracted the files? It's not too many levels down in the folder structure?

I´ve done and tried all I can do in that area.

As @Bonxie says, have a look at the MCCC troubleshooter in the link above.
  • Options
    11sam123411sam1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay so I like the pregnancy mod but his there a way to keep it to where only sims with romantic interests have kids instead of a random sim
  • Options
    I just finished toggling mine and after knocking it up one at a time and much restarting I've found 86 to be the magic number. It's even better than how EA had it in my opinion. I found they got tired and tried to go to bed way too soon. 87 might also be good, i havent tried it, but I found 86 to be perfect enough that I stopped there.
    Edit:: just tried 87 and it's even better

I assume you are referring to "Game Time Speed"?
  • Options
    11sam1234 wrote: »
    Okay so I like the pregnancy mod but his there a way to keep it to where only sims with romantic interests have kids instead of a random sim

I'm assuming "the pregnancy mod" is MCCC, right?

There are others, but I don't know what kind of settings they have. So this is for MCCC only.

Try whether the following options suit your gameplay:

Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Bypass active Sim romances
    If this is enabled then if an active Sim is in a serious relationship with another Sim, they will not get pregnant with someone else.

Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Married Only Pregnancies
    When enabled, only married Sims will be selected for pregnancy on random pregnancy rolls. When False, it works the way it does by default so single and married Sims can be selected for pregnancy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top