Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Does anyone know if MCCC is compatible with the last patch?

Yes, it is.

Deaderpool's Statement from yesterday, 2019/09/18 regarding game patch 1.55.108:
    Today's update from EA does not require an additional update from MCCC for compatibility. 6.5.0 still works fine with it. Just like the one last week, this doesn't even disable the scripts when it updates, which means it is primarily bug fixes on the C++ side and not anything in the Python/scripting side.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if MCCC is compatible with the last patch?

Yes, it is.

Deaderpool's Statement from yesterday, 2019/09/18 regarding game patch 1.55.108:
    Today's update from EA does not require an additional update from MCCC for compatibility. 6.5.0 still works fine with it. Just like the one last week, this doesn't even disable the scripts when it updates, which means it is primarily bug fixes on the C++ side and not anything in the Python/scripting side.
    That’s brilliant. Thank you :)
  • Options
    MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    Hi, mccc was going pretty well at first but now all the main families of the game are moving around households and stuff. Like the munch family, for example, just casually split in half; the mom and the youngest son went to live with some randomly created townies. Or Don Lothario who moved in with a random townie and had a baby with her! And that's another problem i'm having also. I keep seeing random households and EA created ones (in manage households) with new pictures, carrying newborns; as in: everyone is getting pregnant and the baby count is increasing and I prefer it didn't happen as often. Even Judith Ward has a son now, and I don't even know who the father is.
    1: How do I stop families (unplayed families) from separating and moving households?
    2: How do I stop the baby galore?
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Sushi8104 wrote: »
    Hi, mccc was going pretty well at first but now all the main families of the game are moving around households and stuff. Like the munch family, for example, just casually split in half; the mom and the youngest son went to live with some randomly created townies. Or Don Lothario who moved in with a random townie and had a baby with her! And that's another problem i'm having also. I keep seeing random households and EA created ones (in manage households) with new pictures, carrying newborns; as in: everyone is getting pregnant and the baby count is increasing and I prefer it didn't happen as often. Even Judith Ward has a son now, and I don't even know who the father is.
    1: How do I stop families (unplayed families) from separating and moving households?

1. Moving settings should be under MC_Population from the computer menu.
    2. Reduce the pregnancy percentage under Pregnancy settings. You can also flag sims to never marry or prodcue offspring. You might also like to turn off affairs and set things so only married sims have children if you don't want any mystery fathers.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Sushi8104 wrote: »

Question 1:
    Try Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Bypass Played Households. In this case "Played" is not only the acitve household but also all households which are tagged as "played" in the ingame household manager.
    Set Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Open Houses to a high value. This number represents the total of non-occupied houses in your game. Setting this to a high number like 50 will prevent move-ins by homeless Sims. Additionally, individual lots can be edited and if the number of beds is set to zero in the Lot Info, then no Sims will move into the house.

Question 2:
    Set the values in Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage to something below 20. This is the 'try for baby' percentage used when testing for random NPC pregnancies. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random pregnancies for NPC's. 20 is the standard game value. Try 10.

As @SimTresa already mentioned, you can also use flags on individual sims to prevent them from becoming pregnant and other settings like "only married" and "no affairs".
  • Options
    MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    @Bonxie and @SimTresa thank you so much : )
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    MiloCorvinusMiloCorvinus Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi everyone !

I've got an issue with my Mc Command Center, regarding the Relationships module. There are three children that I would like to make sons and daughter of a gay couple I play with. This gay couple already has a son.

So I used the Relationships module to create new relations between these three children and the gay couple. However, after doing this with the two parents (making them fathers of the three children), only one of the two fathers appear as the father in the family tree. The other one is listed as step-father.

I've tried many things to try to fix this, including deleting all the relations the three children had and trying again. Also I tried to make the children brothers and sister with the natural son instead, but none of this works. Could it be a bug ? Or have I done something wrong ?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Hi everyone !

I've got an issue with my Mc Command Center, regarding the Relationships module. There are three children that I would like to make sons and daughter of a gay couple I play with. This gay couple already has a son.

So I used the Relationships module to create new relations between these three children and the gay couple. However, after doing this with the two parents (making them fathers of the three children), only one of the two fathers appear as the father in the family tree. The other one is listed as step-father.

I've tried many things to try to fix this, including deleting all the relations the three children had and trying again. Also I tried to make the children brothers and sister with the natural son instead, but none of this works. Could it be a bug ? Or have I done something wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

I never played with relationships, so I really don't know what the issue might be. Only thing I know is that the family tree is problematic regarding it's structure and not so easy to handle due to bugs. MCCC isn't meddling with the familiy tree, it's only using predefined roles and scripts from the game which are usually not accesible to players. Anymway, you might come over to our MCCC-discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed. Maybe you'll find somebody there to discuss the issue.

Deaderpool commentend the family tree in general that way:
    "The only relationships that are actually stored on Sims are spouses, parents, children and siblings. All other relationships you see in the family tree and on Sims are calculated from those base relationships. That’s why in CAS when defining a household, the only settings between Sims for relationships that can be defined are Spouse, Parent, Child or Sibling. As such, those are the only relationships that I allow to be set as well, just like the core game does. The other relationship types will be calculated from those relationships just like they are from CAS."
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Hi everyone !

Thanks for your help.
    You may have tried this, but make sure you add each father separately. I was able to set Johnny Zest as the Landfraabs son again. I first selected Geoffrey and made him Johnnys father, this caused Nancy to be listed as his stepmother, so I had to then select her and make her his mother, the family tree now looks correct. If that doesn’t work, the only other thing I can think of is it’s picking up settings you may have that would be incompatible with your couple having biological children. If both fathers are set to not be able to become pregnant maybe that would mess with the kids showing up as theirs?? You could try messing with those settings in CAS maybe??
  • Options
    MiloCorvinusMiloCorvinus Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks for both your answers Bonxie and Kita, I really appreciate :)

Regarding Deadpool's statement about the family tree, I don't think this is connected to my problem as I'm only using the Parent and Sibling relations.

But I'll definitely try your advice Kita, although I'm not quite sure I understood. Do I have to play with the first father, set the relations, and then do the same thing by playing with the second one ? Because I thought that MC Command Center worked the same way no matter which Sim you click on (if you know what I mean).

Regarding the last thing you said, I don't think that's the problem unfortunately because one of the two fathers can indeed become pregnant (that's how they got their first child).

I'll try your advice and let you know, thank you both for your help ^^
  • Options

Regarding Deadpool's statement about the family tree, I don't think this is connected to my problem as I'm only using the Parent and Sibling relations.

But I'll definitely try your advice Kita, although I'm not quite sure I understood. Do I have to play with the first father, set the relations, and then do the same thing by playing with the second one ? Because I thought that MC Command Center worked the same way no matter which Sim you click on (if you know what I mean).

Regarding the last thing you said, I don't think that's the problem unfortunately because one of the two fathers can indeed become pregnant (that's how they got their first child).

Yes, for some reasoin when it comes to family tree, switching to the sim whose relationships you want to set seems to help.
    image.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

Yes, you have to select each father as your playable sim one at a time. I don’t know what your Sims names are, but for ease we’ll call the fathers D1 & D2.. make D1 your selected Sim, click on the child you want and make D1 that child’s father with MCCC..then make D2 your selected Sim and repeat the same steps. This is the only way I could find to make both Sims the parents, just using one parent to set the relationship always ends with the other listed as a step-parent.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello I live for MCCC story progression, I was wondering though is there a step below marriage for hooking up all the background Sims? For example, instead of just getting married, is there a setting for MCCC to just get to sims engaged or even boyfriend and girlfriend and stop at that level? If not that’s OK! was just wondering :-)
  • Options
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hello I live for MCCC story progression, I was wondering though is there a step below marriage for hooking up all the background Sims? For example, instead of just getting married, is there a setting for MCCC to just get to sims engaged or even boyfriend and girlfriend and stop at that level? If not that’s OK! was just wondering :-)

Sorry, there is no setting like this in MCCC.

But you might try to reduce the mariage percentage and leave all other values at default.
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage
    If this value is set to 0 (zero) for the respective age group, there will be no NPC marriage at all.

You could also flag individual sims for never marry.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @Bonxie thank you for answering I just started using the never marry flag so it’s all good :)

Another question? Does MCCC have automatic first kiss? I know it has it for marriage and proposals, if it does I must have missed it somewhere, thanks for the help!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Another question? Does MCCC have automatic first kiss? I know it has it for marriage and proposals, if it does I must have missed it somewhere, thanks for the help!

There is no setting for explicitly enabling an automatic first kiss interaction. Automatic mariage is controlled by internal processes. But there is a mod by PolarBearSims, if you're looking for such a function (http://modthesims.info/d/602767/autonomous-first-kiss.html).
  • Options
    haruhi4haruhi4 Posts: 1 New Member
    How to disable jealously for all sims in the world using mc command center? Is there any way? Thank you for your help! ^^
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    haruhi4 wrote: »
    How to disable jealously for all sims in the world using mc command center? Is there any way? Thank you for your help! ^^

Sorry, due to this forum's teen rating we can't discuss it here.

You might try the MCCC docu page: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings
    The feature you are looking for can easily be found with the search function for settings using the search string "jealousy".
  • Options
    TofusagiTofusagi Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, for the past few weeks, my child support hasn't been working. I've tried completely wiping my MCCC files, redownloading the newest patch, I've tried every variation of the settings (Married Only, Unmarried Only, All) and it still won't work. To my knowledge, none of my mods conflict with it.

The mods I have are:

Life's Drama
    Extreme Violence
    Hoe it Up
    MCCC
    MCCCWoohoo
    Basemental
    🐸🐸🐸🐸

I don't get any LE or anything that might indicate something is messing up somewhere, just nothing happens and I don't receive my child support. This is across multiple save games, as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Tofusagi wrote: »
    Hey, for the past few weeks, my child support hasn't been working. I've tried completely wiping my MCCC files, redownloading the newest patch, I've tried every variation of the settings (Married Only, Unmarried Only, All) and it still won't work. To my knowledge, none of my mods conflict with it.

The mods I have are:

[...]

I don't get any LE or anything that might indicate something is messing up somewhere, just nothing happens and I don't receive my child support. This is across multiple save games, as well.

Please use some common sense. This is a teen rated forum. Don't show up with all of your 18+ mods in here. Please edit your post by removing that list.

Note this post:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/donts-treated-with-zero-tolerance#latest
    Actually you are supposed to have read it when you joined. Also note the "Zero Tolerance" in the post's subject.

You won't get any support for your issue with those mods involved. Quite the opposite: Admins here are very strict regarding those subjects and you risk being sanctioned due to forum rule breaking.
  • Options
    MCCC allows for inheritance and if so where?

MCCC > MCCC Settings… > Money Settings… it'll tell you what each of the settings is.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    MCCC allows for inheritance and if so where?

Make sure, that you run the latest version 6.5.0 of MCCC because the inheritance settings were introduced with this release.

Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Inheritance Sim Type
    This setting will determine what type of Sims will leave money for their spouse or children when they die. The options are 'None', 'NPC Only', 'Played Only', 'Played and NPC Only', 'Active Only' and 'All' with the default being 'None'. If a Sim dies that matches the Sim type specified in this setting, then a portion of their household funds (if there are multiple adults in the household, then a portion of the household funds still belong to them so it should not be passed along) will be either given to their spouse, or divided among their children. If their children do not live with them currently, then their households will be increased based on a share of the total inheritance amount (divided equally among all children).

Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Inheritance Spouse First
    If this setting is enabled, a spouse will inherit a dying Sim's portion of the household funds rather than it be divided among the children. Note that the spouse must be alive, not in a hidden household or a special Sim (Grim Reaper or some such thing).
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Alice Lewis is was stuck behind the Pancakes sofa. I sold the sofa and told you via MCCC to make sim leave. What she actually did was go to the kitchen and grab a plate of food. I again tried the command but she just went on eating in the dining room.
    She had not knocked on the door. I had never played the Pancakes in this save, so she was upstairs all along unbeknownst to me.
    What has happened do you think?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top