Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Woke up this morning after leaving the game running during the night. Meaghan was taken away by Sims Social Service for lack of care. Jamie has aged up to toddler age. Let's see if he can make it to child before he is taken away like Meaghan was.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    It is better to play with toddlers without the highchairs, and make group meals.

You don't get to pick the meal size. You just make your sims, put them in the house, then leave them alone. Mine like to make solo meals. Poor tots have to steal food when someone puts down and unfinished plate.

Oh yes of course, so its better to have a highchair then or two. I'm playing a single sim at the moment and I'm hoping he will be allowed to do this challenge, he has the lazy trait. if he isn't I'll make a new couple in a fresh game.
  • Options
    14hours wrote: »
    I started this! It's an absolute disaster haha. I've only taken a few screenshots because it's just energy failure after energy failure.

Before the first day was even over the doll house was smashed in :(

h8jVRAs.jpg

Mom stressing out while one of her kids falls sleep in her high chair.

2uOPTyh.jpg

The social took one of the toddlers away within a week, I thought this might make it easier on the adults but they were still a mess so I moved them into a smaller house. I figured the huge apartment I'd rented for them was causing problems because it took forever to get from one room to the next, especially the toddlers if they wanted to ask for things.

A day after they moved in the toddlers aged up (playing this challenge on short lifespan) each with only one point in each skill. The children looked after themselves much better and the household was happier in general so I tried for a baby. She got pregnant, had the baby at home, then had the baby taken away within 3 days.

I've got those bunk beds but I cant work out how to put the top mattress on any help please.
  • Options
    It is better to play with toddlers without the highchairs, and make group meals.

You don't get to pick the meal size. You just make your sims, put them in the house, then leave them alone. Mine like to make solo meals. Poor tots have to steal food when someone puts down and unfinished plate.

Oh yes of course, so its better to have a highchair then or two. I'm playing a single sim at the moment and I'm hoping he will be allowed to do this challenge, he has the lazy trait. if he isn't I'll make a new couple in a fresh game.

I didn't give mine high chairs. Figured the kids can grab what they can get from somewhere. lol So far of 9 toddlers, only 1 has been taken away. Four has reached YA (three married and moved out). Two are children. One toddler left in the house, and a new baby.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited February 2017
    My house sadly is going good. I hired a butler to keep the house clean mostly, and it seems to be working well. The parents are tired most of the time, and for a while were stinky and tired, and t hen the fun fell. They eventually after about 3 days both took a shower, watched tv. and are napping most of the time, but one of my stinkers as I call them the same tot goes into the rooms crying without having a nightmare, she is actually happy according to the game. Mom collapsed into bed and she barely got her mood meter into the yellow before Aniyah came in crying to wake her up. Mission accomplished what did she do? She went into the next bedroom where daddy was, and did the same. I didn't make my sims romantic, as I wanted to see if they would come together on their own. So far they don't interact much.

02-13-17_9-08-43nbspPM_zpsvj9haphp.png

This is Aniyah starting her nefarious campaign to make sure her parents stay tired lol.

Surprisingly I made the dad with the hates children trait, and yet he, tired, will take care of the kids more than the mother. She does as well, but even before sleep failure he will take the kids to the high chairs, put them to bed, even bathe them.

02-13-17_9-20-04nbspPM_zpsdyonmaqz.png

Aniyah who feels more comfortable sans pants. She is like this quite a bit lol.

02-13-17_9-18-26nbspPM_zpstlazcrgm.png

Pearl poor dear tired and stinky.

02-13-17_8-51-52nbspPM_zpsouzhe3lu.png

Dad would go into sleep failure a lot but won't go to bed after waking up from his sleep failure.

02-13-17_8-52-42nbspPM_zpsjkqs99sw.png

As soon as he gets up from his sleep failure he is at taking care of the tots again.

02-13-17_8-45-46nbspPM_zpsrreiwvaf.png

Here is mom tired sitting watching Pearl sleeping in her high chair. She is a good caretaker, but dad with hates children trait is more devoted and helpful lol.

02-13-17_8-37-04nbspPM_zpscvgtg738.png

Dad had to go outside to just get some space, and could the tots leave him alone? Nope Pearl hunted him down like a trained tracker on the trail of a prized trophy, and demanded he talk to her. Dad is like no, give me 5 seconds please lol.

02-13-17_8-38-22nbspPM_zpsuhcwe0zw.png

Resigned to his fate, dad capitulates his soul to these demanding demon spawn and goes back to slavishly taking care of their needs.

02-13-17_8-28-21nbspPM_zpsqqq3ry9g.png

Aniyah using her cuteness and light routine offers her mother a free hug. After all she needed these two to fulfill her every need and whim, so she has to keep them under her nefarious control. lol Watch and learn how it is done guys she tells her siblings.

02-13-17_8-24-21nbspPM_zpszpeoimoq.png

Seems like Pearl has learned the routine from Aniyah. She freely offers her mother a hug as well.

02-13-17_8-22-36nbspPM_zpsryti9f7r.png

Destiny watching tv with dad makes a cute funny face to try to charm daddy.

02-13-17_8-21-32nbspPM_zpsjafh7owm.png

"No you can't come in. Mommy and daddy don't have time for friends or a social life. Their entire existence is to take care of us, and nobody will stop that from happening," says Pearl in her cute toddler babble speak to the friendly guy.

All in all the only real failures in needs long term or excessive is mom and dad. So it is going pretty well. No tots taken. If the parents don't take care of them on their own, these demanding spawn won't hesitate to ask and demand what they need, and the parents comply even if they can hardly put one foot in front of the other coming home from work being so tired. lol I guess my tots know how to rule the roost.

Post edited by Colorist40 on
  • Options
    My stove has caught fire. My butler keeps passing out. This is entertaining.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    And I have the ghost of a vampire sleeping in one of my beds. Apparently eternal rest is not enough for him.

02-14-17_10-42-06AM_zps4cvoqtwj.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member

Big News: Lyndsey is expecting
    axyV5Dz.png

She seems a little too happy. Maybe she feels an infant will be a piece of cake.
    tz74ngI.png

SKclDMM.png

If anyone wants feel free to suggest names for the new bundle of joy or terror
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Damion? lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    A dysfunctional family picture. I think the Butler is going to explode soon.

02-14-17_11-22-36AM_zpshxzmftq3.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Steven and Kendra have died of old age.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Well, Halle was just taken away. Jamie aged up to a child just as he was taken away. Maybe I should consider a goldfish.

Poor Deanna is so lonely in her house full of people that she's looking for a pen pal.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I wonder who got the butler pregnant?? you have MCC right??
    Well, Halle was just taken away. Maybe I should consider a goldfish.

Poor Deanna is so lonely in her house full of people that she's looking for a pen pal.

• Options
    I wonder who got the butler pregnant?? you have MCC right??
    Well, Halle was just taken away. Maybe I should consider a goldfish.

Yes I use MCCC. It says that she's not married, but Travis Scott is the baby daddy to her twins (boy and girl). She seems to be in labor at the moment too.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Poor Solomon is feeling a bit stretched.

02-14-17_12-21-29PM_zpsakf1uonp.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Could you sticky this thread please?
  • Options
    Had to fire my poor Butler before she exploded. Three days of labor and she wasn't getting any work done. I have a new butler now and it is a male. Not much chance of him getting knocked up.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member

I've got those bunk beds but I cant work out how to put the top mattress on any help please.

@feetinstockings you need the moo cheat on. Hold down ctrl + shift + c to get the command bar up
    Type "testingcheats on" and press enter (without the quotes)
    Type "bb.moveobjects on" and press enter
    hold down ctrl + shift + c again to close the command bar

place the mattress (you have to do the cheats before you buy and place the item)
    grab the item and press 9 to make it rise and 0 to make it fall
    B6dXq3o.png
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    My tots are all too happy. I think I am going to fire the butler and see how the parents fare without one. I did not have a butler when I first started, and even with the neat trait my sim woman has she wouldn't clean up too busy with the tots I guess, but they did ok other than that, so I don't know if going back to not having a butler will mean dirty house and still happy tots. Unhappy parents of course, but they are even with the butler lol.
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am unable to reply to everyone because of the huge amount of replies!
    I didn't think so many people would like this challenge and it's awesome reading everyones adventures and how everything is going along!

If you have a question about the challenge and feel it has been missed by accident please @ me ^^ I will make sure to respond and help!
    Had to fire my poor Butler before she exploded. Three days of labor and she wasn't getting any work done. I have a new butler now and it is a male. Not much chance of him getting knocked up.

Unless CAS put him as "able to get pregnant" in the options xD it's good you fired her, I am not sure what would have happened if she stayed the way she is.
    Big News: Lyndsey is expecting
    axyV5Dz.png

She seems a little too happy. Maybe she feels an infant will be a piece of cake.
    tz74ngI.png

SKclDMM.png

If anyone wants feel free to suggest names for the new bundle of joy or terror

Hm well if it is a girl maybe something like:
    Zara
    Astaire
    Mari

Boy:
    Hope (Final Fantasy reference ^^)
    Reni
    Carui

I have a feeling that this will become a generations thing, like parents die of old age, toddler ages up, marries, has a toddler.. and repeat xD family generations of independent sims
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Added a extra challenge: to make things a bit fresh I added a extra mini challenge to this, it is optional!!

If you want you can continue the family for generations :) whoever gets to the 10th generation will be listed on the first post in the Hall Of Independent Sims, your forum name will be listed with the sims from the 10th generation.
  • Options
    The ghost of Kendra (original mother) is cleaning the house. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    The ghost of Kendra (original mother) is cleaning the house. lol

xD haha well every extra hand helps.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I might attempt this but i'm afraid that all they'd do is wash hands and get glasses of water as autonomy is a mess in TS4. Also I don't think they change work tone based on traits(as they did in TS3)...which would get annoying.
  • Options
    I left the graves on the home lot thinking it would give the game some extra drama with the ghosts. Did not expect a vampire ghost to sleep in the house. Did not expect Mama ghost to clean. Papa ghost teaches the kids flash cards and cheers them on with potty training. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top