Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Im trying this & there is a fire on the lot. Will they autonomously extinguish it or am i allowed to? Or do i have to let the lot burn down? Lol!

I let it burn. Everybody got out safe on mine. Dad set himself on fire twice. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    Im trying this & there is a fire on the lot. Will they autonomously extinguish it or am i allowed to? Or do i have to let the lot burn down? Lol!

Well if they don't extinguish themselves then they will die xd so yeah whoever dies is part of the challenge.

PS: I will reply to everyone tomorrow on my computer, I am just going to bed now lol
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Well, I didn't turn any of my mods off. I wanted to play the game as I usually do with my mods, but leaving it fully autonomous. SO here is what just happened.

I took the entire family to the Spice Festival and set them loose. Let them do their thing there. Ashley hooked up with a man and they are now romantically involved. Chase met Elsa Bjergson, fell in love, and before they even had their first kiss, SHE popped the question. I did go ahead and have them elope and since my house was completely full, he moved in with Elsa and her sister. So Chase was the first to leave the house and it was not even a death that did it.

OH, That gives me room to adopt another baby!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Hahaha i let the fire burn through the house & one of my toddlers got taken away in the meantime for starving!

This is a hilarious challenge! I love it
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ashley has married her man and moved out. A new baby has been adopted into the family, and now there is room for one more. I'm having fun with this. lol

Edit: Oops. That's Alyson, not Ashley. Ashley is still in the house. They look alike so confused me. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    LMAO Alyson came back to the house to visit and nap in her old bed. Chase has come back to visit and play on the water slide. They just don't want to leave home, I guess.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    I finally set up a family for this challenge using some pre-made sims and their children as well as randomized traits.

Left: Devan Braxton (Wild) Right: Piper Braxton (Clingy)
    engqot.png

Left: Arabella Braxton (Fussy) Right: Hunter Braxton (Aspiration: Joke Star, Traits: Loner, Lazy, Self-Assured)
    tukrot.png

Hallie Braxton (Aspiration: Mansion Baron, Traits: Snob, Materialistic, Loves Outdoors)
    xmyhff.png

I'll keep everyone updated on the weird stuff that happens!
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    Ok, so I kinda went screenshot crazy and I'll post them all later, but I NEEDED to post this one now!

The male toddler, Devan, went outside by himself while the rest of the family went inside. Obviously, I wanted to see what he was doing so I focused on him and followed him outside. All of a sudden, I saw the swirl that sims do when they change outfit, so I paused and looked at the action in his queue. I kid you not the action was "Take Clothes Off". This is what followed.

One minute...
    xthgzx.png

The next :D...
    uxnysx.png
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    My original parents, Steven and Kendra, are elders due to die soon. Only Ashley from the original four tots is still in the house. Chase, Alyson, and Gary have all married and moved out. There are two kids, Deanna and Soloman in the house now, as well as a toddler named Meaghan and a baby named Jamie.

Oh, and my butler is pregnant! I didn't do it!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    First to die on my lot was a visitor. Akito Tanaka. Guess he should not have stopped to chat during the daytime.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    The toddlers will age up in three days. The kids have all survived thus far. Alas, most of the time roaming around in dirty diapers and passing lots of gas. Rhett got a diaper rash due to being in a dirty diaper. I didn’t even know that was a thing. Seeing in all my other Households their diapers are changed fairly quickly.

Niko due to anger was being mean to Rhett he hit his brother and started yelling at him. Sending Rhett, a sensitive soul into tears but Niko didn’t care.

Dishes were laying all over the place stinking up the house. Lyndsey called a one-time maid. She came and cleaned some up but left some things dirty. We also had the Nanny over again and she at least repaired the dollhouse, bathed a couple kids, and made tacos again.

Zach attended work twice and was glad to be able to get a good meal in peace and quiet he even managed to get his energy up into the green. His wife is still riding in low when it comes to energy. At one point, she should have been sleeping she was reading Love in the Time of Sandwiches instead.

I will post some photos up tomorrow.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    This sounds hilarious! Looking forward to giving this a try.
  • Options
    May their Sim overlords have mercy on their souls. If this random family makes it through a couple of Sim days, I'll be shocked. Antonio Moretti is a musical genius who is gloomy, mean and loves outdoors. His wife, Tiffanie, is a city native who is romantic, lazy and a loner. They already sound like ideal parents to operate on their own...a mean, gloomy dad and a lazy, loner mom. These poor toddlers, lol. Speaking of the toddlers, the randomized gods did them no favors here: daughter Amira is wild, son Luciano is wild, daughter Ariella is clingy, and son Marcos is independent. These kids are going to be a handful for these two parentally-challenged people and whatever poor butler they hire, lol. Working on getting the house put together and then the carnage will begin, haha.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Ok I have got to try this. :D
  • Options
    Sorry, can't yet edit posts as a new member so I'll add my follow-up here. Within the first 6 hours of their Sim day, the lazy loner mom chased away the welcoming committee of 4 neighbors from the front door and mean dad made fun of a toddler for making a potty accident and then he stomped on and destroyed the doll house that his daughter was playing with for no apparent reason. They are definitely making a push for parents of the year, lol. By late at night, dad napped at the dining room table...multiple toddlers fell asleep in their high chairs....filth was everywhere....toddlers reeked. Poor clingly Ariella woke up exhausted mom and dad at 3 AM because she absolutely reeked of filth. Mean dad took pity on her and gave her a bath. Lazy loner mom stomped off and started yelling at one of the giant stuffed animals to vent her anger. They hadn't even made it through the first 24 hours yet, lol. I had to hire a nanny though instead of a butler. The butler just wouldn't get his hands dirty when it came to the toddlers.
  • Options
    are they allowed to be sims already in the game?? if I married two of them and gave them 4 toddlers or they adopted them will this count??
  • Options
    Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member
    I'm getting so annoyed by my sims. One of my adult sims is basically starving, she has acces to the kitchen and has nothing to do, but she has just been staring in front of her for more than half an hour (in sims time). See, this is why I need to control these babies xD
  • Options
    I'm getting so annoyed by my sims. One of my adult sims is basically starving, she has acces to the kitchen and has nothing to do, but she has just been staring in front of her for more than half an hour (in sims time). See, this is why I need to control these babies xD

she could be glitched, try re setting her,
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2017

I had similar happen. All the toddlers were in bed and Zach too. Lyndsey who is tired nearly about to pass out well you'd think this would be a good time for her to go and try and get some sleep while the toddlers are all sleeping but no she's just sitting on the sofa staring into space. :/ Still having a lot of fun watching them. B)
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member

I started this! It's an absolute disaster haha. I've only taken a few screenshots because it's just energy failure after energy failure.

Before the first day was even over the doll house was smashed in :(

h8jVRAs.jpg

Mom stressing out while one of her kids falls sleep in her high chair.

2uOPTyh.jpg

The social took one of the toddlers away within a week, I thought this might make it easier on the adults but they were still a mess so I moved them into a smaller house. I figured the huge apartment I'd rented for them was causing problems because it took forever to get from one room to the next, especially the toddlers if they wanted to ask for things.

A day after they moved in the toddlers aged up (playing this challenge on short lifespan) each with only one point in each skill. The children looked after themselves much better and the household was happier in general so I tried for a baby. She got pregnant, had the baby at home, then had the baby taken away within 3 days.
    B6dXq3o.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    14hours wrote: »
    I started this! It's an absolute disaster haha. I've only taken a few screenshots because it's just energy failure after energy failure.

Before the first day was even over the doll house was smashed in :(

h8jVRAs.jpg

Mom stressing out while one of her kids falls sleep in her high chair.

2uOPTyh.jpg

The social took one of the toddlers away within a week, I thought this might make it easier on the adults but they were still a mess so I moved them into a smaller house. I figured the huge apartment I'd rented for them was causing problems because it took forever to get from one room to the next, especially the toddlers if they wanted to ask for things.

A day after they moved in the toddlers aged up (playing this challenge on short lifespan) each with only one point in each skill. The children looked after themselves much better and the household was happier in general so I tried for a baby. She got pregnant, had the baby at home, then had the baby taken away within 3 days.

Not even a week! :D:D:'(
  • Options
    14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

@MrMonty96 After the kids came home from school and "what's this" at the baby, no-one touched him for the whole three days!

B6dXq3o.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited February 2017
    14hours wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

@MrMonty96 After the kids came home from school and "what's this" at the baby, no-one touched him for the whole three days!

@14hours Time to call childline!
  • Options
    It is better to play with toddlers without the highchairs, and make group meals.
  • Options
    It is better to play with toddlers without the highchairs, and make group meals.

You don't get to pick the meal size. You just make your sims, put them in the house, then leave them alone. Mine like to make solo meals. Poor tots have to steal food when someone puts down and unfinished plate.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top