Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    My butler just died! :o
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Grimmy is back!

02-15-17_9-42-08PM_zps3pfpkvbx.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2017
    All the boys were happy to have a new sibling. Savannah was sad probably thinking Oh geez another brother.
    Awesome pics. I just couldn't do it. I know I couldn't leave my comp on all day, to many pop ups in my game. which makes the game pause
    I wouldn't be able to do that either. If I'm not going to watch their antics to me it would just seem pointless. I only do it when I'm going to be playing even if I'm also doing something else at the same time like watching TV.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options

The toddlers grew up
    Niko: Rambunctious Scamp, Art Lover
    sxmVjOA.png

Darian: Rambunctious Scamp, Mean
    TNUK4MG.png

Rhett: Whiz Kid, Bookworm
    OCgMquT.png

Savannah: Rambunctious Scamp, Glutton
    QaGQxTN.png

I added on a bathroom and made their rooms a smidge bigger. I also added monkey bars, an art table, and a science table. The art table and science table are all outside since they wouldn’t fit in the house.
    wwVMs9i.png

4ym0pQQ.png

In some sad news, Damion was removed from the home.

The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    On today's episode of "As the Stomach Churns", Chase, Alyson, Gary, and Ashley have all passed away. Chase left behind his wife and two young men. Alyson left behind her second husband, a young adult daughter from her first husband and three daughters from her second. Gary was preceded in death by his wife, Elsa, and left behind a teenage son and a teenage daughter. Ashley left behind her husband, two teenage sons and a child daughter. The butler had to be replaced after also dying of old age. Grimmy has been very busy with this family today, and is still hanging around fishing behind the house.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Devastated by her baby being taken away Lyndsey applied to adopt a toddler. I didn't know if they would be allowed to in the sims 2 when a baby, toddler, or child is taken this prevents you from ever adopting. Not so in TS4 they were approved and got a little Angelic boy named Ezequiel. Lyndsey also wants to try for another baby.

JzeaVsN.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This thread is so funny. Gonna put it on the to do list. Question.. can we use the premades in their own houses in anyway and just add in 4 tots? Or is it starting funds and a new lot/house only. I'm wondering how Bob and Eliza would fare...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Well, baby number six is on his or her way. Maybe this one will reach toddlerhood we will just have to see. It's not as hectic now with only one toddler in the house but still, has its moments. At most the older kids can feed and bathe themselves.They mostly eat cereal, chips & salsa. Lyndsey also got a job as an astronaut because the family needs the money. They have a little over $800. I have a feeling most if not all the kids will be getting jobs once they hit their teen years.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @Nephesh_Spirit why was the baby taken away?? did they forget to feed it??
  • Options
    @Nephesh_Spirit why was the baby taken away?? did they forget to feed it??

Yeah, I think that is the most likely reason. I only saw Zach feeding him once. I thought when I saw him feeding him oh good they are feeding him so he likely wouldn’t be taken. Thought too soon. I figured he was hungry because he was crying a lot. His Mom went up to him and was trying to play with him and stuff and I’m like “Feed him.” He was going to be a toddler soon too.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Well, baby number six is on his or her way. Maybe this one will reach toddlerhood we will just have to see. It's not as hectic now with only one toddler in the house but still, has its moments. At most the older kids can feed and bathe themselves.They mostly eat cereal, chips & salsa. Lyndsey also got a job as an astronaut because the family needs the money. They have a little over $800. I have a feeling most if not all the kids will be getting jobs once they hit their teen years.

I've been making all of mine get jobs as soon as they hit the teen years. Makes it much easier.

wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I don't know if I can do this craziness again with full autonomy. Maybe semi-autonomy as most careers in this game require the player's intervention. Anyways, my lone surviving child became an adult finally.

02-15-17_11-38-10AM_zpsvsxik8am.png
    02-15-17_2-30-03PM_zpst6idiots.png
  • Options
    Dwayne and his bride thought that it was okay to elope outside wearing nothing but their birthday suits.

02-16-17_12-08-51PM_zps4spv8qjv.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Dwayne and Ashley are the proud new parents of Sabrina. Sabrina is the first born of the 4th generation. Unfortunately they have moved out of the active house and into their own home.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

Zach was invited over to a co-workers home. He was amazed that anyone would live like this. Her home was extremely lavish. He wished he could provide such a home for his kids.

FN3oGGX.png

4QEulu0.png

5wQbIQZ.png

Ezequiel is adjusting well to the family and is for the most part a happy carefree toddler.
    ISLS9Kn.png

R0Ch3RO.png

Lyndsey is thrilled to tell Zach about their bun in the oven.
    SS91W51.png

The kids come to wake up their mother.
    woQwFbT.png

Rhett and Niko
    DJ40c4Q.png

Back from a tiring day at school
    wMX1PvJ.png

Rhett draws
    Z2DDBaZ.png

Lyndsey made a meal and put it down so Niko picked it up.
    30uR811.png
    Savannah loves her chips
    n98Jc7Y.png

Feeding Damion prior to his removal
    Effid9t.png

Darian loved his little bro and couldn’t understand why he was taken away.
    TqhPnmJ.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    The older kids went off to school. Lyndsey headed to work while Zach stayed with Ezequiel not having to head to work himself until after Lyndsey and the kids got home.

After school, Darian started to get into Niko.
    mElC4rb.png

Who me?
    JD38hPW.png

The boys went their separate ways, Darian, to play with the Chemistry set and Niko went off to read. Savannah and Rhett played on the monkey bars.

It was early the next morning when everything started going to chaos. Lyndsey cooking something on the stove caught it on fire.
    RbvQL1q.png

J6dHXPU.png

Lyndsey stood in a daze not sure what to do as three of the kids freaked out. Zach scooped up Ezequiel to get him to safety.
    fKE6WGt.png

Kids freaked
    1ygDhSk.png

Zach knows he has to get Ezequiel out. Niko seems unsure what to do.
    eLqQIdu.png

Coming to her senses Lyndsey hurried out of the home with Niko close behind her.
    JG437q1.png

I turn back to see that Zach has put Ezequiel back in the highchair. Savannah and Darian are still freaking out at the fire before them.
    JfzzRJf.png

Lyndsey, Rhett and Niko safely outside.
    tVazTkz.png

Finally, Savannah and Darian rush out to escape the fire.
    0VEZLZ1.png

“Mom!!!!!!!” Savannah screams as she runs away from the house joining her Mother and brothers.

5RZhdlb.png
    Rf0zlcy.png

But Darian caught on fire as he was trying to escape with his sister.
    XWScx1D.png
    jv9M7Qe.png

Zach woke up freaking out he left Ezequiel in his highchair ran outside not stopping to put out his son that was on fire.
    8Oupdqz.png

SSoZ2oF.png

Ezequiel is chilled his highchair as feet away from him the fire roars.
    dACJaHQ.png
    kegKmRh.png

Darian is shocked. Then the flames overtake more of him.
    TOyVAGB.png

AwuIhrG.png

Zach made it to the rest of the family.
    s3QKefO.png

Darian knows he has little time left.
    7eUcQ44.png

He succumbs to the smoke and flames.
    U5RPAJw.png
    p3NO9Cv.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Lyndsey rushed back into the house to get Ezequiel.
    b8EEeZF.png

Putting him on the floor when Grim arrived to take Darian’s soul. But Grim was freaked by the fire too.
    X4eG8BC.png

OcRvZwI.png

Grim went to join Zach, Savannah, Niko and Rhett on the sidewalk. Suddenly Rhett started running towards the house. Perhaps he was trying to save his brother?
    l4WikZF.png

A small piece of fire flew on to him catching him on fire.
    pd4GwPm.png

Lyndsey flies out of the house carrying Ezequiel she glances sadly at her son now on fire having walked past her other son now dead on the ground.
    BGNtoY3.png

Rhett tries to put himself out as the rest of his family is safely on the sidewalk with Grim.
    9Arkgao.png

The fire now overtaking the small back porch and heading towards the picnic tables.
    Oe2xXwO.png

Soon the fire overtakes Rhett too and he joins his brother in death.
    oAn9rra.png
    ibey0D5.png

Brothers in Death
    paGpowR.png

Most of the fire had burned itself out. The maid came by to do some cleaning.
    rGHYwTO.png

When she was leaving noticing the flames she whipped out her fire extinguisher to put the rest out. WWa4dME.png
    AHLk5Bk.png

But then she too caught on fire and the fire took her too.
    Wgnp4hZ.png
    qY7bXQn.png

The fire out Grim collects three souls.
    Fhs3in7.png

Rhett Burrows and Darian Burrows may they rest in eternal peace.
    148yT4L.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Man, that's a lot of carnage in a short time, lol. Not the brightest family either, ha.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @Nephesh_Spirit That's awful! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I am cringing. I could never have just sat there and watched it happen. I would've had to help.

I've been debating whether or not to try this challenge. I've been doing a modified version for a few weeks with a single sim, but I still have to jump in occasionally and direct her because she won't do anything.

Maybe if I create a weird family that I don't care about, it won't bother me so much if a tragedy like this strikes. :D
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Ohhh I really want to try this challenge now!
  • Options
    While it was nice to know the Grim visits other families besides mine, it sucks that he took two of your kids and the maid.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I couldn't let that happen to mine, even the day I did the challenge I put in a fire alarm and extinguisher just incase. Your brave to not intervene. But they are two stupid sims, I thought sims would put fires out on there own.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Nephesh_Spirit
    qY7bXQn.png
    R.I.P The Valkarie Nanny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    This sounds great for a live stream... just leave it on in one main section of the house, and check back in a few hours. :D
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Man, that's a lot of carnage in a short time, lol. Not the brightest family either, ha.
    LOL right for real. Should have gone out the front door at least.

I felt bad for the maid she was just trying to put it out. The only one that had the smarts to whip out the fire extinguisher

@feetinstockings Yeah honestly it took a lot for me not to help them. They did have a fire alarm.

The next evening the day after the fire Lyndsey went into labor. The family lost two members and then gained two members she had twin boys Hope and Carui. The entire family is in mourning for the next two days. Lyndsey and Zack are also mourning the maid who was a “friend”.

Lyndsey also got a promotion at work.

Niko down in the dumps
    q1IHyqY.png

Zack broke down in the shower.
    2SLOCVu.png

Savannah
    snsPdw2.png

Niko and Ezequiel are now sharing a room.
    jiT8gnF.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top