Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm fighting so hard not to get in there and slap the butler silly. She's ignoring the kids to take baths and naps herself. The mom got zapped trying to repair the fridge. Dad is repairing the bathroom sink. Fridge still broken. House is starting to look like an episode of Hoarders and they are hoarding spoiled plates.

Only thing I've done myself is change out the toddler beds to for beds the kids can use. Gave them adult beds since they are able to use them and I won't have to change them again later.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I did the 7toddler challenge with only one adult and had to hire a nanny for the first few days. I don't know if I could do this one, mainly because I always get pop ups in the game. so and so wants to meet my sim at the bar or go our for dinner. I'll see how everyone else does. it sounds very interesting.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You can just ignore those pop ups if you want/need to. Just X out of them or ignore phone calls altogether and the messages won't pop up.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Only thing I've really been doing in the game is those popups that come up with jobs and school. Do this or do that stuff.

Right now Kendra (mom) and Chase are both sick. Steven (dad) has set himself on fire twice now while trying to cook.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Okay, my four kids are now teenagers. I am going to adopt two toddlers to add in and let them interact with everybody.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Ah the fishbowl challenge! Just watch the fish go about their day!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sooo instead of playing the game many of us have spent $100s on, you are suggesting we watch the game play itself? Why not just watch a Let's Play on YouTube? Would be much cheaper.
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm only 30 minutes into this and have already had one toddler taken away!
    :x I think your family really is not used to independence xd
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I really want to do this, I even know what Sims I would use for it and it would be so much fun with the chaos it would cause. Not sure I could stand by and let a child get taken away though...that would be really, really hard for me to deal with I think...
    That is understandable! Remember you can always make a new save and do it there, that way you can delete it and not worry about it affecting the families you really care about!
    I'm like... an extreme micromanager, so maybe this is the kind of challenge I need, I'm going to start now :)
    Good luck on the challenge!
    snurfles wrote: »
    I think I'll try this when I get home tonight. We'll see how long I last because I'm pretty controlling of my Sims as well.
    I also wish you good luck!
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I'm fighting so hard not to get in there and slap the butler silly. She's ignoring the kids to take baths and naps herself. The mom got zapped trying to repair the fridge. Dad is repairing the bathroom sink. Fridge still broken. House is starting to look like an episode of Hoarders and they are hoarding spoiled plates.

Only thing I've done myself is change out the toddler beds to for beds the kids can use. Gave them adult beds since they are able to use them and I won't have to change them again later.
    Only thing I've really been doing in the game is those popups that come up with jobs and school. Do this or do that stuff.

Right now Kendra (mom) and Chase are both sick. Steven (dad) has set himself on fire twice now while trying to cook.
    Okay, my four kids are now teenagers. I am going to adopt two toddlers to add in and let them interact with everybody.
    The butler sounds really bad, maybe fire her? xd well your game is definitely turning out interesting with this ! I mean they are literally hoarding spoiled plants... that is a bit crazy.. maybe it is their way of calling out to you.. they believe that one day there will be so many spoiled plants that you will respond xD
  • Options
    I just added two babies to the family. It was getting boring now that everybody was able to do for themselves.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    I just added two babies to the family. It was getting boring now that everybody was able to do for themselves.
    Good luck! I also think the challenge is the best if there are small ones that cannot take care of themselves.. since then all the adult sims run around like crazy.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

what lifespan do you have your game on??
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Cool idea. I've been curious for a long time just what all the autonomy can do when left totally to its own devices. I've never had the patience to watch for long though.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    So far I'm having a terrible time with this. All of the toddlers are sad, most of their needs are in the red and this has proven to me that my sims are very bad parents.
  • Options
    I did learn with these last two little ones I added, that if you forget to put the potty chairs back in the house, the tots get really cranky.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I did learn with these last two little ones I added, that if you forget to put the potty chairs back in the house, the tots get really cranky.

Do your parents actually teach them to use the potty? One of mine has the family oriented trait, I have two potties and no one teaches them to use it.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sooo instead of playing the game many of us have spent $100s on, you are suggesting we watch the game play itself? Why not just watch a Let's Play on YouTube? Would be much cheaper.

It is a challenge, not a requirement. You play the way you want and let others do the same. Nobody is telling you that you HAVE to do this. It's just something different that some players may enjoy trying to do to keep the game new and fresh instead of the same stuff all the time.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

what lifespan do you have your game on??

I play on short. I get too bored with the others because they go so slow.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Andiratyme wrote: »

Do your parents actually teach them to use the potty? One of mine has the family oriented trait, I have two potties and no one teaches them to use it.

Of my first set of four, the girls were taught to use the potty. The boys, nope. They never learned. Never touched the potty once. I noticed that the girls got most of the attention. They got the baths, potty time, and talk time with the adults. The two boys always stinky, no potty, and chatted with each other only. I now have one boy and one girl toddler and have not seen either on the potty chairs.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    Cool idea. I've been curious for a long time just what all the autonomy can do when left totally to its own devices. I've never had the patience to watch for long though.

I found the secret to the lace of patience problem. I'm the same way. I let it play while I do homework, cook dinner, do laundry.... I just check in and make sure everybody is still alive and take care of any school, job, or aging up tasks that need handled.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

I found the secret to the lace of patience problem. I'm the same way. I let it play while I do homework, cook dinner, do laundry.... I just check in and make sure everybody is still alive and take care of any school, job, or aging up tasks that need handled.
    Good idea.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member

The Burrows: Day: 1 and 2
    The day started off really well. The kids were off doing their own things basically. Everyone was happy for the most part. Zach even got a job in the Crime Career feeling that though it paid little $9 an hour. The hours were such that he could be home most of the day to help Lyndsey with the kids.

The welcome wagon came by and though Zach came out to say hello. He didn’t invite them in and they soon left feeling unwelcome.

Zach and Lyndsey spent time with kids working on flash cards and making sure they were fed. Even doing some potty training. There were a couple of potty accidents but that was the only major happening.

The next day would be very different. Zach and Lyndsey were not able to get much sleep as there was always a toddler coming in to wake them up. As such their energy really depleted.

Though they had under $5,000 Zach called to hire a nanny for the day hoping this would help them get some sleep. Sadly, it didn’t but the Nanny did help out some. She made some tacos this was nice since the kids were able to just take their own serving. She even gave a couple of baths and picked up trash.

Zach was so tired that he didn’t even go to his first day on the job. He passed out twice from exhaustion. The Nanny departed and at this point, things started to go more to hell. The kids were all upset and crying. Zach and Lyndsey both wondering why, why did we have four so close in age?

At one point, all the kids were in the red for food and I thought for sure some would be taken but their parents were able to get them food before that happened.

Niko and Rhett play with the Dollhouse
    j6Fzsve.png

Zach helps Darian with the blocks. Niko plays with the Bear.
    MTOxmiu.png

Savannah and Daddy have some one on one time outside.
    ZnfZ6bd.png

Zach and Lyndsey are able to get some rest time. Zach plays on his tablet while Lyndsey watches some shows. It would be one of their last.
    ttkIa4Y.png

Darian sits happily in the highchair.
    Z4G2mJC.png

Niko is very angry and glares at his Mother.
    kOt1CCI.png

Lyndsey looks back at him.
    KtCS5N8.png

The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member

Napping but for how long?
    EFjjRBd.png

In a fit of rage, Rhett destroyed the dollhouse.
    7rSNpo4.png

Darian falls asleep in the highchair.  
    amyPd5o.png

The Nanny
    A7W29v4.png

Though he loves the kids Zach had to get outside for a bit. He should be at work.
    qQhpp74.png

Zach passed out.
    kzmkc9J.png

Upset toddlers even Angelic Savannah.
    WOqJw6L.png

Lyndsey seems beside herself. It will get better? Right?
    Duw7K1u.png

Niko and Rhett eat. Rhett is filthy.
    CBEGylP.png

Toddler wake up. You’re on my time Mom and Dad.
    7XtbHZv.png

Sleeping Angles though not for long.
    LUivpKX.png

The family got another tub with no space inside it had to be placed outside. They also got a chess table but little chance of being able to use it anytime soon.
    sJ8Mn03.png
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    02-13-17_7-16-36nbspPM_zpsiccdb66r.png

This is the mommy Alejandra Shalvoy. I decided to make this more fun to give her some traits that might make it harder. Her traits are neat, childish and insane. Her daughter right away asked for her to teach her the flash cards.

02-13-17_7-17-06nbspPM_zpsy2vevlm0.png

This is the dad Pawel Dubose. His traits again were picked to make it harder. He is evil, mean, and hates children.

02-13-17_7-17-24nbspPM_zpsigkwdgna.png

The girl leaning trying to figure out the flash card is Destiny. She is fussy.

Her sister in the foreground is Pearl and she is silly.

02-13-17_7-18-41nbspPM_zpshz80ubaq.png

This cutie is Asher Shalvoy. His trait is clingy. He is talking to his sister Aniyah.

02-13-17_7-17-34nbspPM_zpszrxf7mtd.png

Here is a better picture of Aniyah. Her trait is wild.

So we have 4 toddlers that are fussy, silly, clingy and wild. These were picked like their parents traits on purpose to make it more of a challenge. If I play this again assuming I don't lose all the kids maybe I will make them all wild lol.

02-13-17_7-19-10nbspPM_zpsne0uw9y6.png

The children after the parents went inside continued to chill out and talk with each other.

So what did the parents do?

02-13-17_7-19-17nbspPM_zpsezqrazyu.png

02-13-17_7-19-27nbspPM_zpsfxfdzmns.png

Alejandra is playing with the butterfly toy and hit herself in the head in case you were wondering about this picture.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Im trying this & there is a fire on the lot. Will they autonomously extinguish it or am i allowed to? Or do i have to let the lot burn down? Lol!
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I've got popcorn
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top