Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims era did you start on?

Comments

• Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    sims-party-pack-pc2.jpg
    The House Party Pack. My computer at the time struggled with anything past Hot Date but I loved it all and I've been playing ever since. My daughter started playing this past year and she started with Sims 3 (we didn't have 4 yet) and didn't seem keen on TS2 until she played it and then she loved it, University in particular. :) At the moment she's currently obsessed with Sims 4 Vampires.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited February 2017
    I started on TS1 as a 7 year old kid. I used to watch my mom play for hours on end. She was primarily a builder, which is the opposite of how I play now and how I have always played, really. I actually was doing basic modding at age 7 on a tool called "The Sims Transmogrifier" which I used mostly to recolor objects. I still have that program and all my mods on various CD-ROMs.

If only modding for TS4 were as simple as it was for TS1.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Sims 4 XD
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I was around 6 when my older brother introduced me to the sims 1. When I was little, I was pretty big on the princess/tea parties, and my brother just wanted to play his video games (Like tekken, metal gear solid, etc.). So when he had to babysit me, he found out a way to do so without joining me for a tea party :lol:.

Back then, I actually hated video game since I greatly disliked the violence and guns. And due to my brother's collection of games..it seemed like that's all they were about. Outside of the educational computer games, I never really played video games because of it.

One day he actually brought home a game that was for the pc. I was baffled since the only games I played on the computer was educational. Not to mention, he usually played stuff on his consoles lol.

But to my surprise, this game felt like a dollhouse, like even the music back then made me feel that way. I was in total awe by how they all interacted with each-other. And simply being able to create families (even though they couldn't grow back then). Even thinking about it now, it really was a really big experience for me. I played with dolls for so long, to actually create them, see them interact on their own..it was a lot for a 6 year old :lol:. After that, my brother would buy more of the expansion packs after that day. By the sims 2 release, he stopped, but that was okay because I was already faar hooked into it <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    3. I wasn't allowed to play the Sims before then because video games were evil.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    FairytalesFairytales Posts: 64 Member
    Sims 3. I wasn't into gaming until then.
    26394146969_b2752af22f_m.jpg
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Sims 1 is where i started but i only played it briefly when i was in the Navy, I also played the Sims 2 and 3 but never really played it long enough to really get deep in the games, but Sims 4 is when I started playing the game regularly...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Sims 2, played it when I was a kid.
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Sims 1, I was a little kid :D
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Sims 2 :)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sims 1. Most everyone says they were a kid when it came out. I was early 40's. Been playing since and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Quick OT...Couldn't help but notice your avatar, I kept saying..geez I know that face looks familiar but I can't figure out from where?
    Then it hit me! That's James!
    Stop by my gallery for some characters from BB Season 7, and a couple international personalities if you're into that.

Will and Boogie are a hoot, I was quite surprised by how they interact in game.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Sims life stories and Sims 2 Deluxe edition.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    August 2005, Sims2. I actually got acquainted with the game in the late Spring, early Summer of 2005. But, had my very own copy and a brand new computer to play it on come August. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    I started playing after Sims 1 Living Large came out.
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    Got all the base games, expansions, stuff packs, games packs, and any free content I could get. :smiley:
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I've been playing The Sims off and on for 15 years. I started with The Sims 1 the summer of 2002. I bought all of The Sims 2 Packs, but life got in the way of playing much. I completely missed The Sims 3. I got hooked again playing Sims Freeplay on my cellphone 2 years ago. I found that the fonts were too small for my eyesight, so I found The Sims 4. I've been happily playing again for the last 1 1/2 years. I mostly like to build houselots and create Sims.
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    My mom, brothers and sister would all plays the sims. Me however? I was young at the time so I really was not into the sims but was sort of interested in what they were doing. My first game of playing the sims was on the GBA sims busting out or sort of like that it was my friends copy... and then later on in life when I started to live with my aunt, my cousin gotten the sims 2 on her ps2 and the sims 4 pets for her nintendo gamecube. I liked both games, but I like pets more because... It's pets. Those two console games is what finally made me get hooked onto the sims...

In 2011 I gotten the sims 3 for the wii... But I was not really enjoying it (I thought it would be like the ps4 or the pc version). Until realize the truth that the PC version of the sims are better than it's console counterpart. So now the sims 4 has come along and it is my first actual pc sims game I've owned. I did enjoyed the base game... but after awhile it tend to get a little stale... and I try to get every expansion, game and stuff pack that seems to crater to me and my story ideas. I enjoyed the new vampire pack and as well as dine out and surely cannot wait for more game packs and expansion packs... My most anticipated one is the sims 4 pets and seasons, because pets is what kept me hooked onto the sims series, and seasons... well I would like to see the weather change from time to time like it did on my console games, just feels more natural. :)
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I technically started with Sims 3, where I played about 10 hours in total whenever I came visiting my sister, during summer holiday.

But on the 21st October last year I got Sims 4 (yes, I remember such dates) and that's the game where I currently have 477 hours of play time. I barely even know Sims 3, while for 4 I'm already at the point where I can't really contribute to the Things you didn't know thread anymore, as I have found everything you could find in the packs I have :joy:
    Anyways, being on that date sets me right before City Living's release basically.
  • Options
    XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    I started playing the sims on the gameboy advanced. The first sims game I ever played was the The Sims 2 and it was so much fun! I was hooked on sim games for the gameboy for a while, a few favorites having been The Urbz and The Sims Busting Out. Once I got my first ever ps2, I got The Sims 2 for that system and boy did I have some fun times with that. I remember staying up late and playing hours upon hours non stop with my niece, and I bought the games that came after it as well such as the The Urbz, The Sims 2 Pets, and The Sims Castaway (castaway was another favorite of mine.) I also bought The Sims and The Sims Busting Out for ps2 and those were some good times.

I had never touched a computer then, and I only knew of Sim games only being for the console system. The first ever game I got for the computer was The Sims 3. I played that game non-stop and it also prompted me to check out The Sims and The Sims 2 for computer and I really had been missing out. The Sims 4 would have to be my favorite sim game so far. I have invested so much time and money into this game, it's ridiculous, but I'm not ashamed. It's a good game and I really enjoy playing it. Been a simmer for 14 years now.
  • Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited March 2017
    The Sims 1, I have fond memories of it - a family friend who passed away when he was just 19, taught me how to use the money cheat and it makes me think of him and re-live that moment when I see any mention of it :smile:

My brother is 10 years older than me and his mate had it, he let my brother borrow it and I had a go...and got hooked. I think I was about 8 years old. Then I got Sims 2 when it came out after playing it around my cousin's. I have the entire Sims collection, from PC to DS, to old Playstations :lol:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Sims 3
  • Options
    xGallifreyanGirlxxGallifreyanGirlx Posts: 65 Member
    I started with Sims 2. Then played tons of Sims 3 and now I'm playing Sims 4.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Not really an era but i started with Freeplay.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Sims 2
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    Sims 1 on my old GameCube. I was so young then. I bought every counsel version of sims before I finally got a computer and bought sims 3 for it. It is still my favorite sims game even with sims 4 out.