Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims era did you start on?

Comments

• Options
    dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    Sims 1. I quit playing for years, then on a whim installed Sims 2 a few years ago, because the Apple store featured it with all available mac expansion packs for something like $30. When I got my new job, they gave me a new laptop and I jumped to Sims 4. Still addicted, but I miss the University life level.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 1, I played 2 but I skipped three and now I play for which is my favorite. If Sims 5 comes out I'll probably skip that one too
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    Sims 1 right before Sims 2 came out so I only got Living Large ep before moving on to Sims 2. Then played Sims 3 and 4. Each has its pros and cons. I wish there was a way to combine all the best of each into one awesome Sims game.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    LilRebelArtLilRebelArt Posts: 33 Member
    I think I've played on earlier renditions before Sims3 but don't remember really much. So let's just say Sims 3. I currently run on Sims4 and I much prefer the graphics, myself. ^^
    dljhcp1.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Sims 4. Got the game last Christmas...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Sims 4. Got the game for Christmas from my dad two Christmasses (is that a word?) ago and I’ve been building my collection since.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member

It'd be somewhere when Sims 1, Sims 2, and Bustin' out were around. I remember when 3 came out so was before 2009.
  • Options
    LoliGilLoliGil Posts: 30 Member
    I started about 2003 with those weird games like Sim Coaster and Sim Safari.
    I have 99 problems and spiral stairs would solve at least 13
    Origin ID: Emilissa
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2019
    I was playing Maxis' sim games before The Sims -- started with SimCity 2000 on a Walmart display computer. My friend next door and I used to trade cities back and forth on floppy disks. I stayed with SimCity 3000 and The Sims 2 for years, until last year when I finally switched to Cities Skylines and Sims 4.
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    The Sims 4, then I started playing the Sims 3 along with that.
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was 29 when Sims 1 came out. But never played it. It was always on my list of games to check out but never did. Too busy back then working and then starting married life with @Featherbelle. We got married the year Sims 1 came out.

Missed Sims 2 as well. Too busy raising @Featherbele’s and my kids and didn’t have much time to play games.

Missed all of Sims 3 releases as I was too busy with my photography trying to turn it into a business.

It wasn’t till January 2017 after a major health scare the preceding Nov 2016 and having to undergo a convalescent period whining to my wife that I was bored, she tossed the Sims 3 pre-2012 disc at me and told me to quit bugging her. Well even though I came late I still managed to get in on Sims 3.

No interest in Sims 4, sorry.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    The Sims 3, right before Into The Future came out actually.

I wasn't around when The Sims 1 came out, and was too young for The Sims 2.

Never tried The Sims 4.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    The Sims 1

I agree with PotterheadSim "That's the great thing about sims. It appeals to people of all age
    And that's what makes this community so amazing".
  • Options
    AntiPrincess88AntiPrincess88 Posts: 7 New Member
    The origional Sims. First game I got for the PC. Starting playing at the age of 12. 20 years later, I'm still playing.
  • Options
    TiavbTiavb Posts: 3 New Member
    I remember the first time I ever played Sims was for Gamecube, it was absolutely my life at that point, whenever I hung out with my friend that's all we would do, was hang out in her basement for hours on end. 15 years later I'm still a loyal Sims player and loving it.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    My answers a bit out of place, but Sims FreePlay actually, if that counts. I relied on a sims 4 YouTuber for info on the game, he got me interested, and I bought it. I’m obviously not an old player, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the game a lot.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    Sims I was born in this century. I didn't start playing till 2008, around the time of when sims 2 kitchen and bathroom pack came out. Have really fond memories or that game, it has a certain charm which the others don't have but I still do enjoy 3 and 4 (:
  • Options
    WillowSims_WillowSims_ Posts: 112 Member
    Sims 3!! Not long after it came out. I'm too young to remember TS1 and TS2 release but I kind of want to go back and play TS2
    My YouTube Channel

☆ Subscribe for more uploads every Saturday ☆
  • Options
    MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    sims 1,then sims 3,and recently sims 4
  • Options
    Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2020
    I started after sims 1 living large came out. I got hooked when my husband bought the game for me. I have bought every one of the sims games since.
  • Options
    DestinycrowDestinycrow Posts: 36 Member
    Sims 2, Sims 3, and then Sims 4. I don't own The Sims 1, although I'd love to play it.
  • Options
    YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    started on sims 1 for xbox. those were good times.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I started with Sims 1 and good old Bob and Betty Newbie. 😂
  • Options
    THESVTRAPTORTHESVTRAPTOR Posts: 81 Member
    It all began when The Sims 3 came out for Xbox 360 and I was so excited because I thought it was exclusive to PC only LOL
    “Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.” -JFK
  • Options
    askaboutniaaskaboutnia Posts: 16 New Member
    I started on the Sims 1! I was just a kid, and had it on PS2! I knew nothing about expansion packs or anything. YEARS after that I got the Sims 4 and I'm way more into it as an adult.