Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims era did you start on?

RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
edited January 2020 in Off Topic Chat
CJj5OKV.jpg

Sims 3, did play 1 for a bit
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
Post edited by Romire on

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've been playing since 1, not sure when exactly though.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    The Sims 1. I was really young though. Still adore that game. It's so much fun and it has the BEST soundtrack ever.
    Btw, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats is hurting my eyes
    It does not belong among these amazing games lol
    smh
  • EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I started playing The Sims 1 when it was first released on PlayStation. When I found out that Sims 2 was coming out on PC I quickly switched over and never looked back. I love The Sims franchise!!
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I started on sims 2
    I was a little kid in that time.

Than i bought sims 3 for xbox 360( sadly it bugged into its death)

Sims 4 was next and than i bought sims 3 for PC.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited February 2017
    Around the time The Sims 1 was first released. I would get out of school and run back home to spend the rest of the afternoon playing with my friend who lived next door. Eventually, after a lot of begging, my parents bought me the game and the EPs that came after. Good times!
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Sims 1 :) I was a little kid when it was released lol
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    sims 2 but really i started around sims 3 started
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Sims 1 was when I started and I've played all of the main series games released since. Don't have everything for Sims 4, though.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 1. Most everyone says they were a kid when it came out. I was early 40's. Been playing since and don't see myself stopping any time soon.
  • Samagirl478Samagirl478 Posts: 51 Member
    I first started playing Sims 1. I was so young back then. I really got into it when 2 came out though.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I started playing when Sims 1 came out. My nephew was 2 and I was spending my days taking care of him. He grew up playing the game with me. He just turned 19 today (he grew up on me :( ) and his first question when I called him was, How many sim kids were born last night? lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Sims 2. First game was the night life + base game bundle pack
  • becca_xobecca_xo Posts: 149 Member
    I started playing sims 1 when I was like 9 years old.. I started with the base game and livin' large :smiley:
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Original game here
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    I played this game for five hours straight:

images%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Loved it, still never reopened it (cause need bars).
    Then in december 2009 somebody talked me into playing this game.

107.jpg

And I ended up with this.

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

5JZ57S6.png
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    2!
    TS1 came out before I was even born.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    I first started with the Sims 2, a friend introduced me when we were like 8 or 9 and I was hooked and we would play every time I was at hers since I never had it. She just told me it was Sims so I asked my parents for it and they bought me the Sims 1 and Sims 2 Holiday Accessories, it was hilarious trying to get the two to work together. I had so much fun with Sims 1 and then once I found my feet I managed to get the Sims 2 and I guess that's where I really began playing. I loved it, all the different stories both online and in the game and expansions and now 13 years later I'm still playing it, having bought every sims 2 expansion and every sims 3 expansion and accessories packs. Now I'm repeating the process with the Sims 4. It's great!
    Antonia Louise <3
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sims 1. Most everyone says they were a kid when it came out. I was early 40's. Been playing since and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

That's the great thing about sims. It appeals to people of all age :)
    And that's what makes this community so amazing :D
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited February 2017
    I started with The Sims 2. It was my cousin that introduced me to the game and bless her for that because this game has been providing me with immense fun, enjoyment and great memories ever since.
    We used to play this game together for a whole day without cease (literally) and even pull an all-nighter during weekends.
    With each expansion pack this game was growing on me even more and more and I became hooked.

Then came The Sims 3 and excitement and hype for the game were stronger than ever. I just had to get my dose of the game each day (this was also a great motivation for me as I would try to do my best to finish my errands as soon as possible and thus relax for some time in the evening by playing the game).

Now, we are in The Sims 4 era and my excitement and passion for this game are the exact same as many years ago when I used to see a Sims pack on store's shelves and run to my parents persuading them to buy it for me (I can't even describe the sense of happiness I would feel if I got a new pack and then impatiently wanting to get home to install).

(The only thing that makes me sad is that I've never got to play the original Sims because I was way too young to even know what a PC game is, but still very happy to be part of this community.)

Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    2006 - Sims 2 :smile:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Started with Sims 1. I played it at a babysitter's house and then begged my parents to get it. I've played all the versions off and on over the years. I've taken some breaks but eventually I always come back. Never really hung out on the forums though. Lol.

I did break up with someone a few years ago who was judgmental about my playing the Sims. He liked to play online pool (billiards) but would make fun of the Sims. That was a deal breaker.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Started with Sims 1. I played it at a babysitter's house and then begged my parents to get it. I've played all the versions off and on over the years. I've taken some breaks but eventually I always come back. Never really hung out on the forums though. Lol.

I did break up with someone a few years ago who was judgmental about my playing the Sims. He liked to play online pool (billiards) but would make fun of the Sims. That was a deal breaker.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited February 2017
    My first Sims game was The Sims 2. Can't remember exactly when I started playing but it's probably been just under 10 years now. It was at some point after the last TS2 expansion came out. Anyway, a friend actually got me started on the game and I've been pretty much hooked on the series ever since. :)
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Sims 1 - House party. It was a big game changer for me. 17 years later and it's still a massive part of my life.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties