Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims era did you start on?

Comments

• blakrayvonblakrayvon Posts: 15 New Member
    I started with Sims 1 and I think I've played every expansion plus the different console releases as well. Granted, I was a Maxis fan before The Sims. Back when simulation games were even more pixelated, if you can imagine that. I think my favorite back then was Sim Tower. It's fun for a nostalgia kick, and you can get it online for free.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    The Sims 1. A friend of my brother gave use a copy because he really liked the game and thought that we would like it too. And he was right! :tongue:
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    The Sims Deluxe Edition <3
  • RedPaladinRedPaladin Posts: 8 New Member
    Sims 1 but was so young that I couldn't type. There were sims walking around town with names like "hjrhefjj" :D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    The Sims 1... Shortly after Livin' Large launched.

My sister bought the base game with her first pay check. I wasn't allowed to play because she thought I was too young at the age of 10. Eventually I got my hands on it after the first EP. I played the Mashugas mostly. Sylvia Marie wore my favorite head in the game and their house was awesome. Frankie had a habit of being abducted quite often.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I started on The Sims 3 for the xbox 360. It didnt have all the packs however. I was disappointed but when I bought a computer to buy some sims 3 packs I found out that The Sims 4 was coming out. Waste of money but I do go on the sims 3 now and then.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    TS1 before the base game was even released, there was a sort of building demo for it. I remember playing with that before my dad got the actual game and I continued played that, plus most of the expansions, all of TS2's expansions, most of TS3, and now TS4. You could say I have a slight addiction.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Sims 1 deluxe edition.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sims 1. In the good old days where one friend would buy the game and copy it for the rest of us to play <3
  • MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2017
    I started with the Sims 3 (in 2009 I think?), but surprisingly I've never played the 'actual' game. I played it on iOS!
  • etheculethecul Posts: 16 New Member
    I started with TS1, I think I was only about 7 or 8 when I played it and I used to get so scared whenever the burglar music started playing :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    TS4 is my first sims game for my laptop. Every other sims title was on the PS2.
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    I've played since 2000, so only the first The Sims base game were out then. I remeber the big bulky boxes that The Sims and The sims living up game came in, before they started to use the plastic games cases :p .
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    I remeber the big bulky boxes that The Sims and The sims living up game came in, before they started to use the plastic games cases :p .
    I can't spell like usually.. I meant The sims livin' It up (or apparently Livin' Large in US) :*

• SophieSims92SophieSims92 Posts: 93 Member
    I started with the Sims 2
  • SamanthaMonacoParksSamanthaMonacoParks Posts: 14 New Member
    Sims 1. I still love to play sims 1,2 and 3! :)
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited February 2017
    The Sims 1, just barely. I played (and didn't like) the GCN version in 2003. For some reason I tried it again on the PC, in 2004. I remember really getting into just half a year before the release of The Sims 2.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims 1. Not sure which one cause it was on my friends computer. Didn't have a pc at the time myself.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I started in early '03 with the Sims (whcih I played for about a month) before I upgraded to Double Deluxe.
    (Hot date + House party)
    I binged TS1 so hard when I first started I had an OBE due to sleep deprivation.
  • TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    I played TS1 at my cousins house a long time ago, then bought the entire collection when I was 8/9. Is was a mistake tho, I wanted TS2 but the guy in the store said that TS1 had a lot more stuff and therefore it was a better buy. I didn't really play it much. Then I got TS2 Seasons when it came out, borrowed TS2 from a friend to install it, and Ive played "actively" since then!
  • simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    I started playing The Sims 2 when it first came out and absolutely loved it.... I was in high school and would use all my money from work to purchase the expansion packs. Then the Sims 3 came out and I enjoyed it even more and even went broke a few times lol. These games have gotten me through a lot of rough times. Don't know what I would have done without them. :)
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims 1. I bought it sometime before the first expansion came out, so not right on release day. My brother got the game first, and soon as I had a play of it, I went and bought it straight away. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I started playing The Sims 2 when I was a child, and continued with The Sims 3 and now the The Sims 4. :smiley:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • RitensRitens Posts: 68 Member
    I've watched my father and brother play TS1, friends plays TS2 and TS3... But I started playing by myself only when TS4 was out. And then decided to try out TS1 too since we still have it. I'm going backwards. :)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    I actually start Ed on Console AND PC version of The Sims one at the same time.
    Pretty much stuck around for the whole franchise
    L9q8VGi.png