Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this laptop run Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Thank yous! I will try without first and see what it does. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Okay, tell us how it goes!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yes, it won't be til weekend though :)
  • Options
    Okay my fun time was cut short. I gotta take the laptop back to the shop tomorrow as it won't charge. Ugh, so annoyed. I was just gonna install Sims this weekend.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Okay my fun time was cut short. I gotta take the laptop back to the shop tomorrow as it won't charge. Ugh, so annoyed. I was just gonna install Sims this weekend.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues with the charging of your laptop :( I hope that the shop can help to resolve the issues for you.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues with the charging of your laptop :( I hope that the shop can help to resolve the issues for you.

I'm afraid they won't. If it needs to be repaired then I don't want it back as I only had it for three days. I want a new, properly working one. Not a repaired one. I hope it can be changed in the settings or something.
  • Options
    Yes, please go get a proper working one.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2017
    Get them to check it first, It could just be a dud power cord. Easy fix.. new cord.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Well, it's in the shop now. What happens is when it's fully charged the battery starts to die while still plugged in. And when it gets really low it tells me to plug it in. It doesn't matter if I have it plugged in or not, it won't charge again until it's completely empty and shuts off.
    I didn't have the Windows updated fully, was told in the shop it could be cause of that. Or maybe the charger. I just hope it's not the battery or the driver (I'm not sure what it is but I know it's inside the laptop). I want the laptop to be fine. I can do with a new charger but I don't want a fixed laptop.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Some laptops require that you take the battery out once it's fully charged and the laptop is plugged in. Asus does this. You should not game on battery. I leave my battery out of the laptop and game plugged in. The battery should really only be used when your not plugged in for browsing , watching a movie and light computer tasks.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I can't take out the battery, it's like built in or something.
  • Options
    That's odd. I have never heard of a laptop where you can't take out the battery? @chesterbigbird your sister has MSI. Ever heard of an MSI Laptop where the battery is built in?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Are you sure it's not just screwed from the back? Mine is like that. You just have to use a small screwdriver to unscrew it. Try to flip your laptop and look at the back for any rectangle compartment.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Are you sure it's not just screwed from the back? Mine is like that. You just have to use a small screwdriver to unscrew it. Try to flip your laptop and look at the back for any rectangle compartment.

I forgot some laptops have a screw. My battery just pops in and out
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @DeKay @Simpkin You have to take apart the whole laptop back off to get to the battery. It's actually built in. I have never seen this before. Most laptops you can pop the battery in and out. This set up would drive me nuts

see 26:24 of this video is where battery removal starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUisvSNgPMA
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    No idea about the MSI battery. I assume it's behind the back cover. So not easily reached unless you take the back off. I think mine has a lock on the back and doesn't need screws.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2017
    No idea about the MSI battery. I assume it's behind the back cover. So not easily reached unless you take the back off. I think mine has a lock on the back and doesn't need screws.

I found a video, you have to take off the whole back and then unscrew the battery. That would drive me nuts

PS if this laptop is under warranty would OP have to bring it to a professional every time they want to remove the battery ?
  • Options
    I haven't looked in myself yet. Before buying it I wanted to remove the battery to save it and the customer service told me it's not a good idea. When I got it in my hands I wanted to remove it anyway but didn't see anything at the back. And when I took it back to the shop today they said it was inside and I don't wanna open in. And the man at the shop said this battery/laptop can be plugged in all the time cause this battery's life doesn't depend on how many times it's charged but ugh...something else like some capacity or something. I don't even know what it means.
  • Options
    Per the video I posted above you have to unscrew the entire back of the computer and then unscrew the battery. I have never seen this before. Mine pops in and out. Some have a screw in the back but the battery is separate from having to open the whole back of the computer to get to the battery. I never use my battery and use the plug
  • Options
    I know. I'm used to the separate batteries aswell. Well, we'll see what I do with it once I get back. I don't even know what is wrong with it yet.
  • Options
    Check youtube and see if others have a specific issue with the battery. Try sending people who have reviewed or own the laptop a PM or post and ask about the battery
  • Options
    Okay. They said it's most likely cause of a faulty charger, it..um.. decharges the battery. They ordered a new one for tomorrow and will test it. They had their own charger in the shop and there was no problem with that one so hopefully the new they ordered will work fine too. I just don't want the laptop to be faulty at all!!!
  • Options
    Oh that's unfortunate that it's built in. Would be troublesome to have to put it in and out.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2017
    Some laptops require that you take the battery out once it's fully charged and the laptop is plugged in. Asus does this. You should not game on battery. I leave my battery out of the laptop and game plugged in. The battery should really only be used when your not plugged in for browsing , watching a movie and light computer tasks.
    Thanks for that Info :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Thanks for that Info :)

Your welcome :)